main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Child of My Own - Beru's diary - updated 12/17 - Beru, Owen, Luke

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: A Child of My Own
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Beru, Owen, Luke

Entry #1

I became a mother yesterday.

Admittedly, it was not in the usual manner such things are accomplished, but I am content.

Small wonder that his arrival should be so unique when he himself is such a wonder. Owen laughed at me when I said I could already see a rare intelligence in Luke?s eyes ? but I know the truth.

Luke Skywalker is special.

Last night, as I watched him sleep, I decided to keep this journal. It?s not so unusual, I suppose, for a mother to keep a journal of her child?s life. But Luke is not mine alone. Perhaps I keep this record of the beginning of his life for the mother that will never get to hold him. Maybe I will keep it for him ? a way to give him roots later when life seems far more complicated.

Or maybe I write these words for myself.

I don?t suppose it matters, the why of it. Just that I?m writing them. It will be good for me, a safe place to express my hopes and fears. I love Owen dearly, but there are things I can already tell we will not speak of.

Luke?s parents for one.

Owen fears that Anakin?s fate will one day claim Luke. He?s determined to do everything possible to keep Luke from the Force and anything connected with it. Already he speaks of the day when he can pass the farm to Luke.

I haven?t got the heart to tell him that I already suspect that Luke will choose his own fate, and that it will not keep him tied to a Tatooine moisture farm. Still, he?s just days old so I have years and years to hold him in my arms.

I hope that Padmé knows I?ll do my best for him. That I?ll love him as if he was my own son, and protect him as best I?m able. I?d like to think that she can rest in peace now, knowing that her son is safe and loved.

A part of me wishes that Shmi was alive to see Luke. She would have loved him so much. And yet a part of me is so very glad that she isn?t here, and cannot know of Anakin?s sad fate.

Luke is waking up, so I must end this entry here.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Beautiful and like to see where it goes. Will you please put me on your PM-list:)

3. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Aww, gorgeous!! [face_love]@};- I can already tell I'm going to love this!:) PM list please?[face_batting]
    Wonderful!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    You capture Mom!Beru's voice perfectly, as always =D= PM's please!! Wriggle!!! [face_dancing] [face_love]

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Tender and sweet. Beru is a wise woman, a wonderful mother to Luke. O:)

I look forward to seeing more of this.:D

6. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Oh Kim, beautiful! But no surprise, as always! I just love Beru as a character and you've done such a good job with her. If you're keeping a PM list, please put me on it for this one :D

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was beautiful

I hope that Padmé knows I?ll do my best for him. That I?ll love him as if he was my own son, and protect him as best I?m able. I?d like to think that she can rest in peace now, knowing that her son is safe and loved.

I'm sure she does and couldn't have hoped for a better mother for her son.

Please PM me when you update

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, this looks great! I love stories with Beru and Luke. :D

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I've always loved Beru... who could hate her? I also always love to read anything you write... who could do otherwise? :confused:

Please put me on your PM list!

10. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    sounds good. Keep going!

11. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    Kim, I love this already...please put me on the PM list

12. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    A stellar start, K! And I expect update PMs!! :D

13. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I love Beru stories. [face_dancing] PM list, please?

14. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I love this so far! I really look forward to hearing about Luke's youth from Beru's point of view. Great story! =D= =D=

15. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Girl!! Another diary???? How do you do it??? I'm enthralled with Ynna and now Beru's diary. If you do a PM list will you please add me to it!

Bravo! =D=

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan Thank you. And I'd be honored. :)

dancing_star Thank you! [:D]

Jade_eyes Beru is one of my favorite characters. [face_love]

divapilot Thanks! :D

Jinngerbread So glad you liked it, and I will.

KELIA Beru was the perfect choice. :)

ginchy I love Luke/Beru stories too! ;)

Alexis_Wingstar Aw, thank you! [face_blush]

JediKaren Thanks!

palpyisgod2 I'd be happy to! ;)

Gina For you? Anything! :p

Meredith_Kenobi Thanks! And you've got it! :D

LilyHobbitJedi Beru is such a wonderful character! I look forward to writing her story in her words.

Jade_Pilot We'll see how juggling three diaries goes. [face_laugh]

[b]Entry #2[/b]

It?s been a full week since I found the time to make an entry here. I never would have thought that an infant could be so time consuming, but now I know why my mother laughed when I said it shouldn?t be difficult to handle one little baby.

Owen says that Luke Skywalker might be small, but he?s got a big presence. I suppose that?s true. But he?s increased the love in this house simply by being here, and I know Owen feels it too. I?ve seen Owen staring at Luke, as bewildered as I am by what he feels.

How could I love him this much, when two weeks ago I had no idea he even existed? That seems so odd, because now I can?t imagine our lives without him. What did we do before Luke came to us? How did we get along without him? There was a huge, gaping hole in our lives and we had no idea that it existed until Luke arrived and filled it in.

Owen has been kind enough to take over one of the night feedings for me, the one closest to dawn. After he feeds and changes Luke, he settles him down to sleep and Owen begins his own day. Those few extra hours of sleep have made all the difference. I almost feel like we?ll make it through these early months. Almost.

I have to wonder where that old saying ?Sleeping like a baby? came from, because it was certainly not anyone who ever raised one. Luke sleeps in little naps, stealing an hour here and a few hours there, but he doesn?t string those naps together. Not yet anyway.

Though we are far removed from the Core, we are beginning to hear rumors of the Empire. Owen and I already knew of this, of course, for Obi-Wan gave us a bare outline of the facts when he asked us to take Luke. How long will it take for the long arm of this Empire to reach us here on Tatooine? And what can we do to keep Luke safe?

Enough! I?ll make myself crazy if I keep thinking of the future dangers. We will handle those events if - and when - they happen.

For now, I want to focus on Luke.

17. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Awww, that was sweet. [face_laugh] In an amusing sort of way. Beru's innocence about babies' sleeping habits has been dashed.

Cute, cute, cute. [face_love]

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Ah, I miss those little scattered naps... when I was a baby :p

Nice update. =D=

19. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    How could I love him this much, when two weeks ago I had no idea he even existed? That seems so odd, because now I can?t imagine our lives without him. What did we do before Luke came to us? How did we get along without him? There was a huge, gaping hole in our lives and we had no idea that it existed until Luke arrived and filled it in.
    Awww, how sweet! [face_love] I especially loved this part! :)
    Wonderful, wonderful update!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

20. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    awwwww so cute!

21. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Aw, what a great idea, VaderLVR! I'm assuming that this will be as wonderful as last year's diary, which I assure you I continued to read the entire year even though I didn't reply to it much. ;)

I never thought much about Owen and Beru and how their lives were changed by Luke, so this will be fun to read. It's a great new perspective. I especially liked this:

What did we do before Luke came to us? How did we get along without him? There was a huge, gaping hole in our lives and we had no idea that it existed until Luke arrived and filled it in.

Beautiful. Great job and keep it up! :D

22. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Owen says that Luke Skywalker might be small, but he?s got a big presence. I suppose that?s true.

How very true! I love how Beru and Owen are adjusting to having Luke, and that Owen is helping out. Great update! =D= =D=

If you have a pm list, could I be on it?

23. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I like this perspective and have always wanted to see someone doing Beru's experience with Luke. Looking forward to more.

24. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007

I have to wonder where that old saying ?Sleeping like a baby? came from, because it was certainly not anyone who ever raised one. Luke sleeps in little naps, stealing an hour here and a few hours there, but he doesn?t string those naps together. Not yet anyway.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Poor Beru to find out the hard way ;)

And I missed my PM :p I was supposed to get on the list ;)

25. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    I have to wonder where that old saying ?Sleeping like a baby? came from, because it was certainly not anyone who ever raised one.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Perfect!!

I loved this update so much! It was both funny and heartwarming.

[face_love] [face_love] Just beautiful, K!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.