main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Conflict of Interest?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Sep 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Seyrah

Jedi Knight Seyrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    Kerry, has it ever occurred to you that what you are doing -- breaking into email, stealing passwords, and heck, even posting AT ALL to a board where you are banned . . . is wrong???

2. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    No. It never enters his mind, nor does the feelings of other people. Kerry is by far the most self-absorbed person I have ever known, and as much as I would like to hate him, I won't.

3. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    Nice Kerry. Real friggin nice.

4. Jedi Knight Seyrah

Jedi Knight Seyrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    Sorry. Silly me -- thinking that maybe, possibly, the word "wrong" had any meaning whatsoever to you.

5. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Kerry,

You shouldn't be posting here at all under ANY alias. How many hits with a clue-by-four does it take to get that into your skull?

Btw, there you go making fun of SDA's little brother - again. You didn't do it to be funny, you were being cruel which shows what kind of a person you really are.

6. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    At this point in time I'd like to point out that I've stayed silent during all of this. It's becoming my experience with some of the people involved here that staying silent and allowing them to hang themselves is the best policy.

I just want to know one simple thing. WHY is Kerry posting? I know you can't IP ban him but it's understood that he's not allowed here right? Someone do their job and get rid of him.

7. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    If you are this angry at the world, Kerry, you really should see someone about it... WE weren't the ones who did a damn thing to you, get over yourself, deal with your problems and move on.

8. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    We can't ban any names until he posts. I was away from the computer for a minute, but I'm removing his posts now.

Vertical

9. Gen. Madine's Hairpiece

Gen. Madine's Hairpiece Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 1, 2000
    Quick aside, what's with SDA's brother? Feel free to PM me and fill me in, if you wouldn't mind.
    Kerry, please stop while you are ahead. Please.

10. Wald Loves Balf's Ghost

Wald Loves Balf's Ghost Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 1999
    "I Will Make It Legal 7/19/2000 11:59:18 PM
    I Will Make It Legal 7/20/2000 2:01:20 AM
    I Will Make It Legal 7/20/2000 11:54:48 AM"

How could someone get banned 3 times in less than 12 hours under the same username??

11. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    Man, I always miss the fun.
    I'm not going to say too much though because I actually like Kerry (go ahead and flame me for it) but it doesnt mean that I condone things that he has done here.

12. Shar Kida

Shar Kida Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Ol'val.

A person who is banned, posts. Why?

Whether or not removing posts is a good idea depends upon whether or not the need for evidence outweighs the need to remove the personal gratification of Internet existence.

Kida

13. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Wald, if you read the entire thread, you'd see that PB responded to that.

14. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Kerry is just misunderstood. A lot of you guys need to lighten up and quit taking things so frickin seriously.

15. Wald Loves Balf's Ghost

Wald Loves Balf's Ghost Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 1999
    Ahhhh, indeed he did. I idn't read the whole thread, I just skimmed it for the catfighting and accusations.

16. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Kyle, rules are rules.

17. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Kyle Katarn, you don't know the half of what's going on with Kerry so just trust me, no one is overreacting here or taking things too seriously.

18. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Kerry can't distinguish the difference between playing around and going for blood. He says things to intentionally hurt people. He has threatened people. Add to that, he keeps breaking the rules. How can anyone here who respects the rules of the forum stand up for someone who obviously enjoys abusing them? How many different reasons do people need to see that Kerry needs some time away from here? Hopefully to reflect upon himself. He is a very smart guy, but he needs to grow up and get a reality-check.

19. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    *applause*

20. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    "Kerry is just misunderstood" look at some of the things Kerry has said about SDA's brother. While it doesn't bother SDA, it is wrong. Damned wrong. And to defend someone who would say those things...it makes me wonder.

21. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. Personal attacks aimed to hurt.

22. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    I believe I've heard that the internet lingo for an attack aimed to hurt is called flaming. I'll go and check that "what can you get banned for" thread and make sure that it's actually against the rules.

23. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Well, that's an interesting perspective, Kyle. I don't agree with you in the slightest, but that might just be me.

Vertical

24. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Thanks Yodaman! :)

25. scum&villainy

scum&villainy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    What we need to appreciate is that this discussion site means something. TF.N is a massive website, and this is its affiliated discussion area.
    There are hundreds of lower grade EZBoards which I'm sure are more entertaining and amusing, but that can't happen here.

We need to make a stand here, at this crossroads. Either we decide to be lenient with posters like Legal, Modal and Servo or we draw that line and go from there.

I know it sounds pretentious and rose-tinted, but these boards are something we have to fight to maintain.

Let the EZboards handle the profanity, sexual innuendos and trolling - that's what they're designed for. We need to keep TF.N's boards decent. If that means washing our hands of the detritus that dominates Community, so be it. This needs to be a quality site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.