main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Deserted Hope (Obi-Wan's Diary, 'Dear Diary 2008 Challenge') Updated and Completed 12/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RX_Sith, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Gkilkenny: Great ending with a great woman. [face_love]

KELIA: Ben's allowed to have a woman to love now I would believe. [face_love]

jedidas3: I think just about any woman would not mind to be at one time with Ben/Obi-Wan. [face_love]

VaderLVR64: Safe and secure. [face_love]

[b]Entry Seventeen[/b]

Enveloping the love that they had now been experiencing for a few weeks now, Ben and Narandin looked outside of the hut at the harsh desert landscape. "I guess no one would dare to come this far out into the desert, would they?" Narandin asked inquisitively to her lover.

"It's why I chose this location," Ben replied as he held her close to him and caressed her arms, "But no place is totally safe, sometimes you have to have something else to take care of that."

"What do you mean," Narandin wondered, "Do you have a pet Bantha around or something?"

"No," Ben replied succintly, "Watch."

The winds all of a sudden calmed as Ben went outside of the hut. "Come," he motioned to Narandin. She went outside as well and was amazed at how the landscape now looked serene instead of harsh. "How?" she inquired. "Let me show you," he responded as he formed a surfboard from the sand below them. "Hold on tight," he told her as she grabbed him around the waist.

The surfboard rose slightly from the surface of the sand and then it seemed to self-propel itself below them. She had never experienced anything so amazing like this in her life. Together they rode the dunes of the desert in a display of utter astounding motion than any she had experienced before.

Softly the board glided over the desert landscape as the sand skimmed around the surfboard never licking at their heels. It just coalesced around the board and skittered behind it in a dazzling display. She looked back and practically broke out in tears as she saw the words carved in the dunes, [i]'I LOVE YOU'[/i].

The board stopped and they kissed each other deeply. "I love you too," she told him as she bit his lip teasingly, "That was amazing. You must be a Jedi."

"What?" Ben now felt a little cautioned. "I've heard stories about the Jedi," she explained, "How they were being hunted in the galaxy."

"Oh, really, And?" Ben inquired. "And, it reminds me about my parents and family," she now remorsefully responded, "How everything that we use to have was taken away by force."

"I'm sorry," Ben responded as he caressed her hands, "I have been told that someone will soon turn the tide against the Empire."

"But not right now," she mused, "Not for me or you when we need it the most."

"It is not the right time for me to get involved," Ben truthfully told her, "I merely try to keep my skills honed as much as I possibly can."

"Well, if that's what you call honing your skills, then you definitely are very amazing," she commented his skills, "And I hope that when the time comes that you will still have them."

"Me too," he held her close to him, "I just hope that Qui-Gon is right."

"Who's Qui-Gon?" she asked him. "He was my Master and my friend," he answered, "He was killed sometime ago. He now comes to me in visions and tells me to clear my mind and to always be mindful of the living Force."

"And this living Force will one day save us from the Empire?" she questioned him. "Yes," he responded, "It will happen when the time is right. We just have to be patient."

"Patience has never been one of my strong suits," she told him sincerely, "I want to eventually see my family again."

"Unfortunately, that is not a possibility," Ben cautioned her, "The Empire will kill you if they ever find you again."

"And this Force of yours tells you so," she wondered. "Yes," he again replied, "It has."

"You have seen this?" she asked. "Yes, in visions, I have seen you die," he remorsefully told her, "But, it doesn't have to be that way. You can just stay with me and we can at least live comfortably together."

She did not respond to him right away. She missed her family immensely. But she also knew that he was right. The Emp

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Narandin, dear, you really don't have a choice. After all, it wouldn't be fair for you to risk your family's lives without their knowledge or consent.

I hope she stays with Ben. I love the life they are now sharing

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great update

=D==D==D==D=

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely to see them together again.

But will Narandin see her loved ones again?

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Narandin certainly has a death wish.:oops:
    Obi-Wan has told her the truth and yet she still wants to die.

And for what for something she cannot have.:(

I wonder what her decision will be.[face_thinking]

5. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    [face_thinking] Hmmm...I'm wondering what is going to happen next. Well, please don't keep us waiting too long. Very nice update!=D=

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "Unfortunately, that is not a possibility," Ben cautioned her, "The Empire will kill you if they ever find you again."

"And this Force of yours tells you so," she wondered. "Yes," he again replied, "It has."

"You have seen this?" she asked. "Yes, in visions, I have seen you die," he remorsefully told her, "But, it doesn't have to be that way. You can just stay with me and we can at least live comfortably together."

She did not respond to him right away. She missed her family immensely. But she also knew that he was right. The Empire definitely now would kill her. They would probably kill her family as well. It wasn't fair. It wasn't right. It made her angry on the inside and it ate away at her the more she thought about it. 'What would she do?' she wondered to herself, 'Take the easy way and live a simple and plain life with this man that she loved or take the harder road and go and see her family again no matter what the consequences would be?' It definitely was a hard decision; one that she knew she would have to make sooner or later.

[face_worried] Now I'm really worried.

Great update! =D=

7. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    KELIA: Yes, hopefully she will do as you suggest. [face_praying]

earlybird-obi-wan: Good question. [face_praying]

Gkilkenny: Death wish may be too strong, maybe she misses them alot. [face_praying]

jedidas3: I hope that the wait wasn't too long. [face_praying]

VaderLVR64: Why so worried? [face_praying]

[b]Entry Eighteen[/b]

Comfort was something that Ben had not experienced for a long time. But, could he adjust to his new lifestyle. It would be a daunting accomplishment; one that unfortunately no one could ever know about, except for Narandin who was now living with him.

She had decided to heed his words and stay with him. She never really affirmed his reasoning, but she at least did not go away to find her family either. Ben could tell that she was restless in her thoughts about her family and he would sympathize with her.

"Narandin," he came up to her, "I can feel how sad that you are. We just have to wait until The Force tells me that we can see your parents again."

"And if it never does?" she almost cried, "Then what?"

"Is life so bad here with me?" he asked her wandering if maybe it was. "No," she simply affirmed his indecision, "I just miss them and realize that I probably never will ever be able to see them again. It makes me very sad knowing that they could be in extreme danger and yet I can do nothing about it."

"I promise you that once The Force says we can see them that we will," Ben promised her again, "It's just too dangerous right now."

"I'm just going stir crazy slightly from being her in this little hut," she tried explaining to him, "It's vastly different than the huge palace where I use to live."

"That palace is now in the Empire's hands," Ben told her trying to comfort her as he rub her wrists, "And they are undoubtedly using it for their highest officials."

"Your right," she whispered back to him as he held her close to him now, "I know that you are. But, it still doesn't make me feel totally better."

"I know what you mean," he whispered in her ears as he kissed her deeply, "And I love you. We will rescue them. I promise."

She was about to speak but he placed his fingers to her lips, "Find comfort and peace with me," he whispered as he kissed her gently on her lips, "I can take care of you and ease your pain."

[hr]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely Obi and Narandin together.:*

Great update[face_love]

9. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Aww, how nice he is trying to keep her happy. I'm not sure I would want to live in
    such a small hut.o_O

What am I saying!!! Of course I would live there with Obi-Wan[face_love]

=D=

10. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    "Find comfort and peace with me," he whispered as he kissed her gently on her lips, "I can take care of you and ease your pain."

*Sigh*

Narandin if you don't take him up on his offer, I will! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I'm glad she is listening to him...for now.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Yes, Obi and Narandin make a good pair. [face_love]

Gkilkenny: Yes, between the two alternatives, living with Obi even in a small hut has its advantages. [face_love]

KELIA: Looks to see if there is any way of getting rid of Narandin and putting KELIA in her place. Maybe next post or so? [face_love]

[b]Entry Nineteen[/b]

I've been hearing rumors of a new leader of the Tusken Raiders who has been reclaiming their territory one by one which each successive moisture farmer. I fear that this new leader could even expand the Tusken's territory even into the expansive desert where I reside.

I've commenced some exploratory missions at night to gather information on the Tusken's movements. They seem to be getting closer and closer to the Lars' homestead. I've tried indirectly to inform the Lars' of the impending Tusken threat by switching off their evaporator's at night to give Owen a sign that sabotage is occurring.

It seems that he has merely been posting a droid at nighttime to stand guard over his evaporators. Like that is going to actually accomplish anything. I cannot believe that he is so bull-headed to possibly disregard his safety. I've not seen Luke due to not wanting to get too close to the homestead.

Narandin has begun to question me as to why I have been disappearing now almost regularly at nighttime. I've told her that I am merely watching the Tusken movement, but I think she knows that there is something more going on. I don't like the idea of leaving her alone while I go off to check on the Tusken's development.

If they ever switched their migration patterns, they could reasonably find my hut way out in the Jundland Wastes. This is what worries me the most if I am not around. "You look stressed," Narandin tells me as I have a worried look on my face. "I worry about you when I have to leave," I tell her. "Then take me with you," she tells me. "I wish I could," I tell her, "I really do."

One night I again leave the hut and this time Narandin decides to covertly follow me. I spy a few more Bantha tracks and see a group of Tuskens now riding the huge beasts even closer to the Lars' homestead. I see who I believe to be their leader. The Force tingles relentlessly now warning me that danger is close at hand. I then see something out of the corner of my eye. It's Narandin. I realize that she has been following me.

I decide to go back to my hut. I must get Narandin to follow me back to safety. Just then though, a laser blast from a Tusken misses me barely. I've been sighted. I run instead of back home towards the Lars' homestead. I must protect Luke over the safety of Narandin. I can only hope that she will not be discovered as well.

[hr]

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Oof and who will Obi-Wan protect and will he meet that former Jedi tusken?

13. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    A new Tuskin leader?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That cannot be good

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

I must protect Luke over the safety of Narandin

What a horrible position for Obi-Wan to be in.

:_| :_| :_|

I know he did the right thing, but will Narandin?

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

14. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Uh oh. In the words of Obi-Wan...not good! I'm biting my nails off here in anticipation of the next post. Please don't wait too long!

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Interesting developments, and now Luke may be in danger too.
    I wonder if Narandin will be a hinderance or a valuable asset.
    She may prove her worth to Obi-Wan, and could look after Luke.
    They could become a family.

Keep writing this is great.=D=

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I got to read several great updates at one time! I loved it. =D=

17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: We will see. [face_worried]

KELIA: Will Narandin do the right thing you ask. We will see. [face_worried]

jedidas3: I hope that you didn't bite off too many nails waiting for this update. [face_worried]

Gkilkenny: Yes, she could indeed be a great asset or a great hindrance. We will see. [face_worried]

VaderLVR64: Great, now that you are caught up, I guess I can post the next installment. [face_worried]

[b]Entry Twenty[/b]

The tuskens start to swarm all around me. I now have no choice but to get ready to combat them. I stand by as they encircle me as their leader now approaches me. "Why are you protecting these moisture farmers?" a familiar voice questions me. I search my feelings and suddenly the Force tells me my opponent's name. "A'Sharad Hett!" I exclaim out loud. "Yes, yes.... Obi-Wan," he recognizes me now.

"I beg you to please stop this reckless crusade against the moisture farmers," I try to now reason with him. "I will not listen to you or anyone else, Obi-Wan," Hett spits back at me, "These farmlands are now the property of my associates here. You will not interfere with us any longer. The farmers will pay for their slaughter of my clan and the other clans of Tuskens. Blood will be avenged by blood," he spits out more as he ignites his lightsaber.

"Oh, I'm afraid I can't let you continue," I tell him as ignite my blade. The Tusken's spreaded out to watch us. They were actually given us room to battle. "You will not go any further," I tell Hett as our blades touch. I spin as he lunges at me with anger in his heart. He aggressively swings his blade trying to finish me off quickly. I continue my defensive stance and blocked his blows.

"I will avenge my clans," he spits out again as he swings his blade furiously back and forth. He continues his menacing attacks and tries to powerfully overcome me. He is hoping to wear my out when in reality he is the one becoming more laborious with each successive attack. I continue to deflect his advances and now seize the opportunity to end the conflict.

I slash at his right arm severing it from his body. He falls to his knees trying to clench his arm with his other arm. I remove his Tusken mask from his head. The Tusken's see his face and scatter away. I have publicly humiliated him in front of his clansmen. For any exposure of flesh is forbidden amongst the Tusken's.

"Please finish me," Hett begged me, "You have forever humiliated me. I can no longer return to my clansmen. They are now my enemies."

"I'm sorry my friend," I stated to him as I helped him off of the desert surface, "It is not the Jedi way to kill. But, I want you to swear on your father's name to leave this planet and never return."

"I swear," he spat out through clenched teeth, "I will never return to Tatooine."

With that he started to wander off into the desert. I had succeeded in protecting Luke even though Hett did not realize it. But, then my senses flared again as I realized that Narandin was still out in the desert. The Tusken's I could feel had found her and she was in trouble. I raced off into the desert to find her.

[hr]

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great fighting scene and now to the rescue Obi-Wan.=D==D=

19. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Will they never let Obi-Wan rest.
    First he protects Luke and now he's off to save Narandin again.

Never a quiet moment for our favourite Jedi.=D=

20. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    No rest for the weary...maybe I should just give Obi a great big hug![:D] Great update and thanks for the PM!

21. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Obi saves the day again!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

I just hope he can find Narandin

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Great chapter! =D= Obi-Wan...my hero... [face_love]

23. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Yes, Obi to the rescue. :)

Gkilkenny: Yes, all of the things that a Jedi has to go through and then some. :)

jedidas3: Yes, it's from one fight to another for Obi-wan. :)

KELIA: Yes, Obi-wan saves Luke and now is off to rescue Narandin. :)

VaderLVR64: Obi-wan will always be a hero. :)

[b]Entry Twenty-One[/b]

Narandin was racing towards one of the sand dunes in the vast desert. Just as she reached it a laser bolt struck her shoulder causing her to fall down in severe pain. The Tusken Raiders had been running haphazardly and were very angry from what they had witnessed before.

They were now on a rampage striking out at anyone that they could find. Narandin, unfortunately due to her following Ben, was one of their victims. She writhed in pain rolling on the coarse sand as blood oozed out of her shoulder. She instinctively clutched the damaged shoulder and saw heaps of blood dripping from her wound.

The last thing she remembered before blacking out was the shadows of some Sandpeople approaching her direction. The Tusken's were getting ready to examine her when they heard a horrifying shrieking noise. It was one of a Krayt dragon and they scattered away from her unconscious form as the noise grew closer.

Unfortunately, it was extremely dark in the desert. Ben was relying mainly on his Jedi senses to figure out where Narandin might be. He was constantly shrieking out the Krayt dragon sound and then sensing whether numerous Tusken's had scattered due to their natural enemies' presence.

Ben's senses flared after the most recent shrieking so he knew that he was either close to her location or that he had run into a group of Tusken's after his fight with A'Sharad Hett. He couldn't believe that a Jedi had become one of the Tusken's leaders. It was a hard thing to think about now in these times when the few remaining Jedi had scattered due to being hunted down by Darth Vader's Empire.

Ben had known Hett for a long time before and had never seen any inclination of the darkside within him. But, then again, even from Anakin had he not felt anything unusual until the time that he stowed away on Padme's ship. Flashbacks raced in his mind of the torment he could feel within Anakin's soul. It was the same torment he experienced in his fight with Hett.

Ben seriously wondered if the Republic would ever be able to come back and defeat the Empire. Anakin's unknown son, Luke, was now the galaxy's only hope. It was not a comforting revelation. Considering Uncle Owen's stance, Ben knew that he would have to indeed wait a very long time for Luke to come to him.

Ben again shrieked his voice in the tone of the Krayt Dragon and again he sensed for any Tusken movement. This time nothing was felt. He had obviously scared them off but for how long. Sooner or later they would regroup and come back in larger numbers. If he didn't find Narandin soon, he would be forced to wait until daylight to make the search easier.

It was very discomforting for him to feel so helpless in his search for Narandin. He decided to just sit down in the sand and focus in the Force for her possible location. He searched the vastness of the desert for any sign of her from the Force. It was a painstakingly tedious search but one that he hoped would turn up something soon.

[hr]

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great update and insight in Obi-Wan's thoughts.

Let Narandin be saved by Obi-Wan[face_praying]

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    A daunting task indeed to save the galaxy.[face_worried]

If anyone can do it Obi-Wan canO:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.