main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Deserted Hope (Obi-Wan's Diary, 'Dear Diary 2008 Challenge') Updated and Completed 12/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RX_Sith, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    VaderLVR64: Yes, Skywalker's getting into trouble is their fate of life. ;)

earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks. I thought it was a good idea to have Luke's early childhood pictured a little bit in this. ;)

Gkilkenny: Yes, it was pretty amazing that Obi-Wan survived the constant pressure of keeping an eye on Skywalker and his involvement with Narandin. ;)

KELIA: Yes, what's with kids now? Spouting off like that after being rescued. Then again he pretty much tells Obi-Wan down again much later. ;)

jedidas3: Thanks. Luke is a very important part of Obi-Wan's predicament. ;)

[b]ENTRY TWENTY-SIX[/b]

The year was growing to an end on Tatooine. Had it really been that long? Ben thought. He reminisced about all of the things that had happened. He had started off wandering what the Force had revealed to him.

I was a deserted hope, or so I thought. I had been banished from having any involvement in Luke's path. This had disgruntled myself to no end. If the boy was our last hope, then surely he would have to be trained while still young.

But, no. The Force told me now was not the time. So, I waited. And waited. Then, wouldn't you know, some Tusken's tried to attack me. I had no choice but to defend myself. I had no choice but to kill them. It saddened me. I was now a changed man.

But, Qui-Gon came to me and helped me through some difficult times. He told me that Luke indeed would eventually become a great Jedi. But, also, he told me that I would have to wait for the right time to train him. He provided me with more training that provided to be very useful.

Then, I see her. She sat next to me and we started innocently chatting. It's strange how amazingly beautiful she was and I kept talking to her all night. And then we promised to see each other the following week. But, she did not show up. So, I decide to find her.

It doesn't take long to find her. She is being held captive. So, I rescue her because I love her. All it took was her look after I rescued her and the way I felt. I had never felt so strongly in love than at that moment. I knew that attachments were forbidden, but considering my exile, I felt she was in my life for a reason.

But, then I have to let her go. Because of her family. They are imprisoned by the Empire. And she is the one who has to pay for their supposed crimes. But, the torture to her is unbearable in my mind. I find myself wanting to rescue her again. So, I do. And then, I bring her home; to my home.

But, I again decide to leave her healing to the priests at a monastery. But, then she leaves and wanders out into the desert. And, once again, I have to rescue her. It almost seems like fate. And then the love I felt for her was so immense that I could hardly conceal it. So, I didn't. I just loved her instead.

[hr]

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely[face_love]:*

But, I again decide to leave her healing to the priests at a monastery. But, then she leaves and wanders out into the desert. And, once again, I have to rescue her. It almost seems like fate. And then the love I felt for her was so immense that I could hardly conceal it. So, I didn't. I just loved her instead.

Obi's thoughts about his life are so well written.

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    the love I felt for her was so immense that I could hardly conceal it. So, I didn't. I just loved her instead.

And hopefully enjoyed the time they have together

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I'm glad Obi is loosing track of time - it'll help him to get through the next 18 or so years.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ...the love I felt for her was so immense that I could hardly conceal it. So, I didn't. I just loved her instead.

That was beautiful! [face_love] =D=

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    A very big thank you to everyone who has read this diary. :D And now the conclusion.

[b]ENTRY TWENTY-SEVEN[/b]

The end of the annual year on Tatooine was celebrated with various festivals and parties. Ben had decided to take Narandin to one of the festivals that was at Mos Espa. There, the two of them enjoyed a nice meal and watched the performers do their acts. They laughed, they cried, and they held each other close and even shared kisses back and forth.

Ben at least wanted to have Narandin go to the festival to uplift her spirits. Life in his hut was beginning to become a little too dreary and a day and night out in the town was a much needed recharging that even he needed. They watched with a rejuvenated elation the performances that each successive group enacted.

Ben was enjoying this particular night more than he thought he could. He would have to make certain that this would happen more often. He knew that life in his little hut with no hope of ever going out in public was something that even him by himself was not exactly too happy about.

He needed this shot of realism just as much as Narandin did; perhaps even more. He had almost forgotten how he once had enjoyed the atmosphere of celebration. And with Narandin by his side, he now felt he had a purpose again. He could tell that she was happy to be at the festival and he even smiled happily at the merriment that they were enjoying.

With her by his side, he felt the emotions of his love boil to the surface. He openly cried as he held her close and breathed in her intoxicating scent. She wept into his tunic as she held him tightly never wanting to let go. They both shared another kiss that tasted sweet due to their tears. He brushed her hair aside.

"I love you," he plainly told her as he kissed her deeply.

"I love you," she returned his kiss with multiple kisses.

They smiled at each other as they exchanged kisses with each other over and over. They cuddled together as the temperature dropped during the night. Soon, the festival was over, but they still sat close to each other as they did not want this moment to stop.

As the crowd started to leave, they were left more alone with each other. Soon, they were amongst the last few still remaining there. The ground was littered with all kinds of glittering trash. Ben and Narandin slowly got to their feet and walked playfully through the mess. They each threw a few glittering pieces on each other and joyfully giggled.

They both went up to a cliff overlooking the settlement. Ben held her close to her and brushed some of the glitter away from her hair. She picked at a piece that was on his beard. They cleaned each other off and then looked out at the clear starry sky.

Numerous stars shown brightly in the night sky as Ben wondered if he would ever go out amongst the galaxy again. He dismissed the thought, and just stood there as he held Narandin close to him.

[hr]

The end.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely to see Ben and Narandin together in the end and celebrating.

This diary has been a pleasure to read.

Great work
    =D==D==D=

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I love a happy ending!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Ben wondered if he would ever go out amongst the galaxy again. He dismissed the thought

Unfortunately, you can't dismiss destiny so easily but I am glad he has Narandin to love.

Great job on this diary. I have enjoyed it from beginning to end.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Well done.[face_dancing]
    A great ending. I love it when Obi-Wan finds happiness instead of misery and death.

Lovely.=D=

9. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    What a happy ending. You painted a beautiful picture and its nice to see Obi happy. Well done![face_dancing]

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, simply beautiful! [face_love] =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.