main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT A Different Destiny [Obi-Wan/Padme, Anakin/Padme, ANH AU]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: A Different Destiny

Summary: Padme Kenobi lives a different life than she had planned. But will destiny take her down a different path?

Notes: An AU story. Obi-Wan/Padme, Anakin/Padme pairings. Anakin became Darth Vader but without the suit. Based during ANH.

Author: Sara Kenobi

“Have you seen your cousin Leia?”

Maella looked up from the chair she was seated in at the kitchen table. She was surprised to see the Queen Breha of Alderaan staring down at her. “My Queen, no I have not. I last seen Leia this morning during classes.”

“Ella?”

The girl then looked to her left to see her father Ben Kenobi step into the large room. His eyes went up at seeing the Queen of Alderaan with his daughter. The sixteen-year-old was a handmaiden to her cousin Leia who was the Princess of Alderaan. “Father, I'll be doing my studies shortly. I was hungry,” Maella confessed.

“Your mother will expect you to have them completed before this evening, young one,” Obi-Wan said. “Then you'll have the weekend to read all you want,” The Counselor told his daughter, taking note of the large book that was placed carefully at Ella's side. She always had a book in her reach.

“I'll have them done father. I promise.”

“See that you do,” smiled Ben.

“Brother, do you really believe they'd come here? After all this time?” asked Padme Naberrie Kenobi. “I thought that he'd given up searching...after all this time...”

“He's searching all this sector of space,” Bail told his younger sister. “Even after all this time. He's not given up looking for you and the children...”

“I had to leave him,” Padme replied with a hard stare. “You know that I had to leave him. He turned to the Dark side...”

“I know sister. I know,” Bail answered back. “You had made the only decision that you could.”

Padme nodded. Tears were bright in her eyes. It had been almost nineteen years since she had made that decision to leave her former husband. Their entire little family had been split up. Her daughter lived under her watchful gaze while her son lived far away on the planet of Tatooine.

“I had wished it to be different between us...but the galaxy had other ideas,” Padme whispered.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] A breath of fresh air =D= I adore the OT in AU or original form. ;) I will watch this for sure.

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks for the reply! Here's more! :)

Lord Darth Vader was servant to the Emperor Palpatine for nearly twenty years now. He lived on the planet of Coruscant where the Imperial Senate existed and was home to the ruins of the Jedi Temple. His home was Coruscant for most of his life. Only briefly on Naboo.

When he lived on Naboo, it had been during the marriage to his wife, Padme. They had lived together only a mere year, but it had been the greatest time of his life. Their children were soon born after they had settled into their house in the deep gardens of Naboo. Luke, his dear boy. And Leia, their darling girl. Everything had been perfect for them. They had real love, and their family. Least life had been perfect for Anakin. He'd been married to the most beautiful woman in the galaxy. And Palpatine had taken him on as his new apprentice.

Padme showed herself to turn away from him when he admitted his new connection to the Chancellor. She failed to understand the greatness of it all. His dear wife had even grown to fear his growing powers and then left him. She had taken their children with her.

The last that Anakin heard of them, Padme had remarried and had another child. The twins had been sent away due to showing talents for the Force. He had first tracked his boy to his old home-world of Tatooine. Luke was in the care of his stepbrother and his wife. Anakin had decided to let the boy remain with the Lars' until he grew up. A baby had no place in his life as it had been then. He had been unable to get a location on the girl, or locate where Padme had gone too. It was as if almost the Force was blocking them from him.

Finally, after all these years, he had a location on his wife. His spies said she was hiding in the Alderaan system. Perhaps if he narrowed her location he would also learn what became of his daughter. Anakin knew that both twins had a strong connection to the Force, and would make powerful Sith. They would now be of age to train in the ways of the Dark side.

He would stand back and wait. The time for everything to fall into place was finally here.

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderfully in character strategizing and biding of time. Very plausible that Padme would leave out of fear of the alliance/association with the "Chancellor" :p

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I love a good AU, and this looks to be the start of a great one!

I love the idea of Obi-Wan and Padme being together, but I imagine that when Anakin learns of this he will not be happy.
    I love this! It sounds like he's learned some patience, and that probably makes him very dangerous... not that he wasn't before.

I look forward to more!

6. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    This is a fantastic start Sara_Kenobi. :) The premise reeled me in quickly. Besides, I'm a sucker for OT and AU stories. :D

Doh! Obi-Wan & Padme together... this will not go over well. [face_nail_biting] Anakin will be fuming! Prepare for the rage to be fueled.

Well, I'm certainly on board. I can't wait for more.

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

“I heard that my mother was looking for me this morning,” said Princess Leia. “I got lost looking at the new exhibits at the museum. Thank you for covering for me.”

Maella found the Princess's excuse to be unbelievable as she was the Princess of Alderaan and a Senator. Surely she was familiar with new artifacts at the art museum. But then again, maybe not. Perhaps she should give the Princess the benefit of the doubt. Leia worked hard at her positions. She deserved some personal time.

She smiled in reply. “You're welcome, Princess Leia.”

Maella then watched Leia leave the small courtyard, heading back towards the Royal Alderaanian Palace. Her father, who served the Prince Bail Organa's council, suddenly appeared before her. “Father!” Ella exclaimed, startled. She nearly jumped out of her skin. Ben smiled down at her.

“Ella, there's something I wish to discuss with you,” Ben said.

Her father sat down at the small stone table, across from her.

“Do you remember the stories I used to tell you, about the Jedi?”

“Yes, father!” Ella replied softly. Her father rarely spoke of the Jedi Knights. But she loved it when he did. There was an old rumor that he was once one himself. But Ella never asked many personal questions to her parents. They were sometimes welcome, but often discouraged.

“I was once a Jedi Knight, before I married your mother. They were once the guardians of peace and justice, through out the galaxy. I had an apprentice named Anakin Skywalker. You might know him by the name of Darth Vader.”

Ella sat still. Yes, she knew the name of Darth Vader, and the horrors of stories that came along with that name. And he was once her fathers apprentice... she couldn't believe it.

“And we've received word that he is searching the system, likely for myself. He will likely come here. I want you to go to see your mothers family in the country. I will come for you when it's time for you to return.”

“Is Leia coming as well?”

“Yes, young one, she is.”

Ben leaned forward and gave his daughter a hug. “Now go and pack. I will wait for you.”

“Yes, father.”

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Great with Leia and then with Maella and her father making sure his family is safe.

AzureAngel2 and Sara_Kenobi like this.
  9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

It had been a day since Maella had packed up some of her belongings and was told to get to the transports section of the palace. There stood Princess Leia, waiting for her by the one they were supposed to take. “Ella, there you are!” exclaimed the Princess.

“I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, Princess. I wanted to say goodbye to everyone before I left,” replied Ella.

“We shouldn't be too long at Aunt Gera's house. I stayed there once when I was little. She was very nice and had lots of cats.”

“The Empire has been requesting to meet your parents for hours now. Who's to say how long this will last,” argued Ella swiftly to her cousin.

“They won't be able to put them off much longer,” said Leia with worry.

“My lady, Your Highness, we are ready when you are,” announced Captain Tyfur.

“Let's go,” said Maella. She got on board the hover-taxi followed by her cousin.

They arrived into the country just an hour later. Gera Organa was the first to meet them followed by her handmaidens.

“Good to see you girls here!” said Gera while hugging both of them. The hover-taxi rode on the water and Gera's residence wasn't far away from the dock where she met both of them. “It's been a long day for the both of you. I am certain.”

“Auntie,” began Leia, after they followed their aunt inside the house. “Will mother and father be alright?”

Ella froze at the question. She had her doubts as well.

“They are bright as can be, Leia. Don't you worry!”

Gera hugged both girls and then proceeded to show them to their bedrooms.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad Ella and Leia are somewhere safe and I hope that Gera's assurance is well-founded. @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Alderaan was as Darth Vader remembered it to be. His shuttle sat down in the docking bay and he was reminded of his wife's home planet of Naboo. Naboo and Alderaan were both made up of small provinces, green lands and water as wide as one could see. Former wife. Vader reminded himself.

To marry another, his wife would have had their marriage dissolved. And her new husband of choice... it still stung to know that she had found new love with his former master. He had read that report, long ago. Married on Naboo, and then hiding away...moving here. Hiding with her new family the Organa's.

Darth Vader exited his shuttle and was surprised to see Prince Bail Organa standing with a small guard troop. Alderaan had no army, but they had a small security group which served the royal family. Much like Naboo's.

“Lord Vader, we are pleased to receive you. How may we be of assistance to you?”

Vader appreciated getting right to the point.

“You have a guest who I wish to see,” Vader replied icily. “Take me to Padme Kenobi...she was once Padme Naberrie from Naboo...”

Bail seemed startled that he knew that name. “Lord Vader, she is a wife to a farmer...what use would she be to the Empire...?”

A lie...Vader was familiar with the government servants to the Organa's. Kenobi was no farmer...

“Let me be the judge of Mrs. Kenobi's use to the Empire,” Vader snapped. “She has information on the location of someone that I seek...if she is helpful and answers my questions, this will be a quick interrogation.”

“Padme is my stepsister,” revealed Bail. “I will take you to her suite.”

“Very good, Your Highness. It is always best to cooperate with the Empire,” Vader finished coolly.

Bail, with worry, lead Darth Vader through the Palace to his stepsister's suite.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very much in-character exchange with Vader attempting to throw Bail off his composure and Bail being calm and cooperative. Looking forward to the Vader/Padme exchange. =D=

AzureAngel2 and Sara_Kenobi like this.
  13. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Padmé married Obi-Wan. And she is the step-sister of Bail. Wow! This is going to be an exciting fan fic.[face_dancing]

14. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I always enjoyed fics with Obi-Wan and Padme together. Great story so far. =D= Looking forward to more.