main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social OPEN A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes - [A Seasonal Disney RPG]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Corellian_Outrider, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Eugene

There was a strange cooing noise beside him.

The ball moved... it made noises too.

Eugene looked wide eyed at it as the dome-shaped head shifted... at least it could be a head... it had two things that could be eyes but they glowed... and the sound that came from it was as though asking a question.

“Okay then... ball... thing....” His voice was trying to comprehend what it was. “you can understand me, right?”

TAG: @Darth_Elu

~IC~ Rapunzel

Rapunzel paused as she heard Merlin’s remark that this place was not what he thought it was... his warning about the magic of the realm being odd. That they need to be careful.

If it was odd, would that mean the magical properties of her own hair would behave differently? How would her new found friends react? Best to keep that to herself for now.

They found a path that lead past a river. The chirps of insects and birds grew louder. Wild animal could be heard... Was that an elephant trumpeting? She furrowed her brow.

A structure could be made out through the trees further ahead along with a couple of boats tied off at a wharf. As they got closer, the sign near the building read: Jungle Cruise.

The scattered array of wooden shipping crates and barrels suggest that whomever worked here had left in a hurry. It was looking dilapidated.

A flutter of wings overhead caught Rapunzel’s attention. A large, black bird landed on the sign. It peered at them, sharply tilting its head as it cawed. It was strangely unnerving. Rapunzel reached up and protectively brought Pascal into her hands as they walked passed.

“I wonder where everyone went...” Rapunzel remarked.

Somewhere in the jungle came a strange ululating yell.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @E. L.Knight

2. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    OOC: Thanks to Corellian_Outrider for collaborating on this post.

IC: Colette, Remy, and Tinkerbell

Colette was more than impressed by the guises in which the gathered appeared, but she was not a little unsettled that they seemed very much inseparable and quite comfortable in their ghoulish get-up. These Americans were certainly odd, but the skeleton was so charmant! Yet, there was something... Eyes slimmed, she peered round the convivial skeleton's side and was alarmed to see he really was this thin and....skeletal.

"My name ees Colette," she answered just a tad impatiently but amiably, "Hallo, ev'rywon!"

Giving a quick glance and tight smile to the squat man with the very tall hat, the ghoulish fellow with the old-fashioned hat box, who himself seemed a little shy, and the taller one with the shaggy mane of hair, Colette wondered why Gill wasn’t dressed up for this holiday.

"And you? How r you call'd?" she asked of the Skeleton man, kindly.

Momentarily distracted, she wasn't certain what "Jack" was saying. Did he just ask if she was going to make a hat of Remy? REMY! Colette looked to where friendly skeleton was regarding Remy who stood strangely motionless on her sleeve looking up to her sideways, then again to skeleton man, then down to something glowing in the opening of her rucksack and to the skeleton again.

"Eh, pardon? I don't speak Anglish dat well. A hhhat? Ah, of courssse, yess, my leetle frien, e ess a rat! But a ver' cleen won. Eh, where r we? I mean, where ees dis place? You see we r loss! I need to go to Ste Germaine, you kno close to th'Academie."

Then suddenly, she gasped. Did the glow just move? Confused further, Colette looked again to Remy and then to the rucksack.

Tink had crouched down as low as possible with her wings tucked against herself. She did overhear that the lady was lost. Then they couldn’t tell her if they had seen Peter, or where they were. She risked poking her head up to look to the rat- she ducked quickly! Did they just see her?

Remy spoke in a theatrical whisper out of the side of his mouth in warning-though no one but the green-bug girl and Colette would understand, so he believed. "That guy just suggested making a hat of me!" His eyes were saucers ringed in worry. "Be careful!"

Tinkerbell's fear momentarily forgotten and then the realization of what she had just done set in.

“Make you into a hat?” Tink said incredulously. “That would hurt you!” Her glow flared up in anger and she flitted up to face the perpetrator... a skeletal looking man.

She shook her hand, pointedly at him. “You’ll do no such thing!”

To everyone else, her voice sounded as the tinkling of tiny bells. Only after she had done so, did she realize she had unwittingly exposed her presence to everyone else.

"What was going on here?! Remy, oo ees dat? I mean what'ees dat, ees hee, I mean shee?" Colette drew back in surprise and then leaned in, fascinated, a broad smile growing on her face as she gazed upon the perky, glowing little fairy. She shook her head and rubbed the still tender bump on her crown. "I must be dreaming! Do you see her?" She asked the skeleton man in a hushed voice, the wind gusting, and a flash of lightning rending the sky and leaving a remnant of crackling energy to strike the mansion and suddenly it seemed the wind swept the moss and leaves into writhing wreath of shadows to envelope the mansion and environs.

TAG: @Imperial_Hammer @Corellian_Outrider

3. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    BB-8 IC:
    ~Cosmic Encounters, Tomorrowland~

The human man was staring at me wide eyed as if startled and uncertain as to my presence. Judging by the way it was doing so, it had quite likely never seen a droid of my design before. It would appear I had some impressing to do!

“Okay then…ball…thing…you can understand me, right?”

Ball thing? Hm…this guy was even worse than anticipated. Clearly it had never seen a droid before! Putting aside how that was, it would appear I had a lot of work to do.

“Bree!”

I agreed with a nod of my head, twice for emphasis. With types like this, who could clearly not understand binary, I would have to resort more to actions to speak with him. And let him take the lead.

For now. Human men had a bad tendency to being really awkward and confusing. I took another moment to gaze at him as he righted himself.

Mhm. Yep. This one did not look to prove me wrong. Droid ‘intuition.’

Tag: Eugene @Corellian_Outrider

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Black Widow

Nat gave a wiry smirk at Logan. For one so old, he can be direct about certain things.

“Since you put it that way,” She shrugged and looked back to the mysterious man. “...okay, I’ll bite.”

TAG: @darthbernael, @Sinrebirth

~IC~ Eugene

The ball thing had nodded and made a sound. So it could understand... that was handy to know. Was it someone’s pet?

“Alright then... If this is not a hoax... then we are here for real.” He cupped his chin and started pacing. “Which means there is a chance that Varian was telling the truth, whatever that maybe and Rapunzel was sent here too...”

He stopped and looked to the ball. “You wouldn’t have happened to have seen a Princess run through here by any chance? Long blond hair... and I’m talking really, really long here... wearing a purple gown.. with a pet frog that changes colour? Does that ring any bells?”

5. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    BB-8 IC:

“Alright then…If this is not a hoax…then we are here for real.”

The man started pacing around and seemed to accept my existence fairly well despite obviously never seeing a droid before. Very odd person or perhaps had seen many odd things? But then he had started talking about them being where they were for real.

Had it ever been in doubt? This was clearly reality. Nothing in my sensors detected otherwise. Still, perhaps there was a reason to this mad pacing of his…Better investigate.

As he began to move back and forth, musing to himself, I decided to try it out for myself and followed his movements right next to him. Rolling this way and that. Turn. That way and this. Turn...

“Which means there is a chance that Varian was telling the truth, whatever that may be and Rapunzel was sent here too…”

“Whuuu ooo. Breeeee ooooooo, nuh wararara oooo eh oh….?”

I tried to mimic what he was saying with a quiet tone as well, seeing if I could figure how it helped him, but I paused as I saw him stop and look back at me. I stopped too and rolled backwards slightly to get a better look up at him.

“You wouldn’t have happened to have seen a Princess run through here by any chance? Long blonde hair…and I’m talking really, really long here…wearing a purple gown…with a pet frog that changes colour? Does that ring any bells?”

“Wrooo…” I intoned apologetically in the negative, shaking my head. That should be clear enough even for him to understand.

Watching him carefully, I wondered if I should mimic him a bit longer. So far I wasn’t really getting the whole pacing thing. Perhaps it took time. Yes, that must be it!

Tag: Eugene @Corellian_Outrider

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Dr Faciler
    Teasing

The Black Widow was successfully baited into exposing herself to Logan, and the card was flipped with a flutter of his hands. "The Empress reversed, oh how curious."

He picked it, and peered underneath, and then regarded it. "Self-care, eh? Is Natasha pushing and pushing herself, on the verge of breaking..." He looked sad. "Never a place to rest, never a place to stay, never even a home... how... tragic."

"The cards are cautious tonight..." Faciler peered at her, and back at Logan. "So one who is Stuck..." he pointed at Logan, and then at Black Widow, "and one forever Moving."

There was a snigger, and Facilier glanced over his shoulder. "My friends and I, you see, they wonder if I can... help. You have a place in the world, yes, but in this world, such weaknesses... they're dangerous, you see." He leaned forward, elbows upon the table, his knees upon the seat as if proximity would increase his chances of appealing to them.

He crossed his hands, and held out an opposing hand out to shake to each of them. "What do say, eh? Want to eliminate those little weaknesses?"

"Make a deal?"

TAG: @Corellian_Outrider, @darthbernael

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Merida and Rapunzel
    Fantasyland.

Merida was wet, and miserable as she followed Rapunzal. The jungle they'd entered was oppressive and hot, and her hair was beginning to frizz. Around her the sounds were becoming un nerving, most she'd never heard before. "Whaur ur we gaun?" She asked attempting to brush a long strand of tangle red mess from her eyes while brushing the perspiration away.

The rain was making it tricky to spot things within the jungle. Rapunzel thought she had seen something move through the treetops but she couldn’t tell what it was. Were there monkeys? That was a strange sound moments ago.

“Ah... we are heading to where that green fireball landed...” Rapunzel answered.

That black bird cawed again making her jump again.

"do we need tay? wa dae Ah feel..." Merida spat hair from her lips, "that micht be trooble."

Rapunzel pursed her lips. “It might be trouble, it might also be related to how we all got here too....” she ran fingers through her own hair to comb it back from her face. “Maybe we need a moment to think and to get out of this rain....”

Merida nodded, her hair needed taming as the wetter it got the worse it got. "Ah dornt want tae fin' it whit 'at hin' was ur is."

Rapunzel gave Merida a quizzical look, she wasn’t quite sure what the Scottish Princess had said... not wanting to find out what that fireball was? She might have a point there though Regardless of that, it was obvious her discomfort and the way the red locks were starting to bother her.

“Okay...” she said gently. “How about we find shelter and work out what we should do next?”

Looking about quickly, the structure of the River Cruise didn’t feel safe... and that bird bothered her... looking away from it, she thought she could make out some other building nearby.

Merida nodded as she put the arrow back in her quiver and the bow over her shoulder before running her hands over her face and back over her head. "Ah agree an' Ah need tae tie thes lot up!"

Rapunzel reached back and pulled her braided hair over her shoulder and pulled off one of the hair ties and offered it to Merida. “This might help for the moment. I think we should check out what that building is over there.” She looked to Merlin. “That might be a safe place to take shelter.”

Merida gratefully took the band and attempted to pull her hair back only to have several tendrils spring free and stick out. She didn't care. "I'll follaw ye. "

Rapunzel smiled and hugged the end length of her hair close so it didn’t spill loose. She then guided them to the building situated away from the river. It looked as though the jungle was attempting to claim it. A large tree blocked part of the arched entrance and shrubs and creeping vines tangled the outside surfaces. She could make out the old lanterns hanging from the walls. Above the entrance she could faintly make out part of a name. “Adven... Baza.. Bazaar?” She read out loud. “No idea what that first word is-“ she squealed as the rain pelted down hard. “Quick, inside!”

TAG @E. L.Knight

8. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Merlin
    River Cruise, Adventureland Bazaar, Adventureland

Merlin scowled at the sky. The rain couldn't be stopped now, if he wanted to. It had gathered way too much power. He followed the girls, keeping his eyes open and trying to figure just exactly what was going on. He'd been to Disney World in the 20th century on his way to the Bermuda Triangle. It was an amusement park themed just like what he had been walking through here, except you could tell that was a fantasy for tourists.

This was different. This was themed, yet it held as a reality instead of a fantasy. for that to be true, this would be an alternate world, or a magical illusion crafted on a magnitude that Merlin wasn't sure even HE could accomplish. That worried him.

He had beens trolling around with his own thoughts and found that the two young ladies had been talking, but he hadn't heard a word. they moved quickly out of a roraring downpour, which meant the rain was probably heading into a storm.

"Oh, a bazaar! I'm quite hungry. I wonder if we could find some food?"

It wasn't an idle suggestion, or as innocent as it would seem. If the food was authentic and not American, then this was defintely NOT Disney World, though come to think of it, wasn't Adventureland a Disney Land thing? No matter, the food could provide a clue.
    TAG: @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider

9. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Logan and Nat
    Galaxy’s Edge Cantina

Logan snorted, almost lit the cigar clamped in his teeth, glanced at the barkeep, then thought better of it. “Does the deal come with a lifetime supply of beer or whisky? If not, all I see is another magician promising things that he can’t deliver.”

He chuckled, “Beanpole, if you could change our destinies I still wouldn’t my past and future are mine to decide, not someone else.” He glanced at Nat, wondering how she felt about it but this was already seeming too good to be true, especially in this place that seemed to be getting darker.

Always moving. Never in one place. No place to call home. Natasha mused. It’s the life she always known. What one gets from these card readings are open to interpretation and dependant on perspective... there wasn’t anything new the strange man had given her.

Nat slid the tip of her tongue against the wall of her cheek and bit gently to maintain a neutral expression with Logan’s delivery. The Wolverine has a nose for smelling trouble and she had learnt to trust it.

“What one perceives as weakness can be one's strength.” Her voice was low, her eyes shifted as she saw a being, a giant mass of fur, enter the cantina and threaded its way through the patrons to meet someone past them. “Why would you and your... friends... help us? What is it that you seek?”

Logan kept his eyes moving, tracking the shadows, the movement around the cantina, but also keeping an eye on the smiling man before them. A smile touched the corner of his lip at Nat’s questions.

Glancing at her again, he caught sight of the large furry creature as it entered but as it wasn’t approaching them he paid it no mind for now. A nod to Nat, his head sung back toward the man, “Oh yes, you didn’t answer when I asked so I’d be interested to see if you do when the pretty lady does.”

TAGS: @Corellian_Outrider, @Sinrebirth

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Rapunzel

"Oh, a bazaar! I'm quite hungry. I wonder if we could find some food?" Merlin had said.

The mentioning of food brought a growling response from Rapunzel’s stomach. It made her aware of how hungry she was. When was the last time she ate? It was at breakfast this morning.

Stepping inside the Bazaar brought relief from the downpour but it also brought a sense of unease for Rapunzel. There was clothing strewn about the place, merchandise stands broken and some had toppled over and contents spilt about the mud caked flooring... which was unpleasant for her bare feet... feeling it squish between her toes- Don’t think of it!

Suppressing the discomfort, she gazed about the abandoned space. Just like the Jungle cruise wharf, it looked like who ever stayed here had left in a hurry and the jungle had set about reclaiming it. She crouched and picked up a wooden toy bird. She could tell it’s colours would have been vibrant back in its prime.

“I’m not too sure of the quality of the food here... if there is any left...” Rapunzel said as she placed the wooden bird on one of the nearby stands as she curiously looked about and moved further inside. Her foot brushed against a stack of water bottles. A couple of them toppled over, making a loud clattering sound as she tried to correct them. She looked back to Merida and Merlin. “I wonder what had happened here-“

A howling shriek rang the ceiling, startled her. She gasped, her heart pounding as a small furry shape dropped down onto one of the tables and shrieked again.

It was a monkey!

It chittered and leapt off the table and scampered to the back of the room and out of sight.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @E. L.Knight

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Dr Faciler
    Glaring

"No help, no deal?" He tsked, disappointed.

"My friends and I," Dr Faciler gestured again back to the myriad of shapes at the rear of the booth. "We're just looking to make a home here in this new and mysterious place, if you take my meaning." He rubbed his fore-finger and thumb together. "Make some green, because its always in the green that real power lies."

His eyes leered at them, and he stood, arms outstretched with dramatics. "But if you don't want my help, boys and girls then begone with you!"

There was a flurry of wind as his shadows roared out, passing them, and then Faciler was gone, leaving them to themselves. The booth light switched back on, and there was all-but no proof that the shadow man had ever been there.

TAG: @Corellian_Outrider, @darthbernael

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Merida
    Bazaar - Adventureland

Merida had followed and now out of the rain she pushed her frizzing hair down in frustration as she looked around. The nearby forest was reclaiming this establishment, that much was clear. The garments on the floor were very unfamiliar to Merida, the room was what she'd call 'trashed', reminded her of the dinning room at home after brothers had eaten. The mud on the floor told her that nothing here could be eaten. "A'd nae sloch anythin' fae 'ere, wid poison ye!" She warned her companions.

At that moment a creature dropped from the ceiling causing Rapunzal to gasp in what was either surprise or shock. The creature squealed and looked to attempting to scare them. Merida swept her bow across the table. "Be gaen cratur!!!" She warned as the creature scuttled away. "At least we're oot o' th' smirr." She sighed as a strand of red curl fell in front of her eyes and she blew it away.

TAG @Corellian_Outrider

13. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Some Ghostly Guys (Jack, the Mayor, Ghost Host, Hat Box Ghost)

Jack was very intrigued! A natural lover of all things new and curious, there were many interesting things happening with the group of individuals in front of him.

The woman said her name was Colette. She spoke in a deep French accident. Jack had been there once one Halloween, to scare France's very bravest off her feet in the Paris catacombs. He didn't speak French per say, but fright was a universal language. He was thankful the woman was able to speak English.

Colette continued, mentioning that the rat was her friend and that they were lost. A human... friends with a rat. How curious! How interesting. He would have to ask her more later.

She then mentioned that they were lost and looking for one Ste. Germaine. Jack did not know of such a place... he imagined his colleagues did not know either.

As Jack opened his mouth to answer, a jingling ball of light flew from the woman's bag and starting flying around in his face.

"Oh my!" Jack said, eyes open wide. He took a few lanky steps backward. Apparently Colette was equally surprised, asking the rat questions and asking Jack if he too saw the flying thing.

"Yes I do!" he said, squinting to see it. "Definitely not a ghost... which was my first impression."

"What is it Jack!" yelled the mayor, hiding behind the Pumpkin King.

"It looks like....." Jack said. "A little woman with wings. How very unusual. I believe I saw something like once on the very top of a tree in Christmas town. An... angel... they called it."

"Is it dangerous?" asked the Mayor.

"Hmmm." said Jack. "Unlikely I would say. Though they seemed to be very revered. Perhaps they have great powers for good?" Jack stated.

The Hat Box Ghost nudged the Ghostly Host in the background. "Weirdos..." he said under his breath.

Jack turned his attention to the little flying woman.

"If I said something to offend you, I am deeply sorry!" he said, not completely knowing what he did wrong. Yet he was ultimately a gracious skeleton. "You see my friends and I are lost, same as this good woman here and her..... rat friend."

Really, friendship with a rat? To each their own....

"Perhaps as an... angel... of great stature, you can tell us what is going on here in this land?" He gestured to the pair of ghosts next to him. "These two fellows here were telling us that a great shift took place here, and now some sort of evil or darkness is about. Can you share any insight on this, oh great and powerful angel?"

TAG: @pashatemur @Corellian_Outrider

----------------

[​IMG]

IC: Pete

Pete was tired. Another day of work in the department store photo department, another dollar earned. Peg and the kids had gone to bed, and Pete was sitting down in his big comfy lounger, watching the television. But something....hmmm.... something was off. He could shake the feeling that something... well... was off! He had this feeling. This feeling he hadn't had for quite some time. Something... he hadn't felt since back in the day... when he regularly pitted wits against... the Mouse.

Maybe it was time to go down to the basement. Maybe things needed to be checked in on.

Pete stood up from his chair, his shoulders heavy. He could feel the weight of all those years. Despite his appearance, Pete was old! For 92 years now, he'd been active. He was there with Alice and Oswald. He was there when Mickey, Donald, and Goofy were but young bucks - starting various businesses and getting into hijinks. He was there when the wars broke out, and there when things started to slow down. His old foes went off to do bigger and better. Consumed in celebrity. And Pete.... Pete remained. A testament to longevity.

He rarely saw the mouse anymore. A few years back the old gang got together again to do a movie about the Three Musketeers. It was a fun blast from the past. But once it was wrapped, all but the Goof went their separate ways. The Goof. What a prize for Pete's many years of service.

He wondered if the Goof felt what he was feeling. Or even the Mouse. Too dumb and too self-absorbed most likely.

Pete walked to their kitchen, and opened the door to the service closet. He quietly went inside, turned a knob on his water heater, and pushed on a part of the wall that mysteriously gave way. Ahead of him was a hidden stairwell down to the basement. It was no small trick to hide the basement from Peg. But Pete was no stranger to secrets...

As the oldest, he had a responsibility. A responsibility given to him by the Big Man himself. To keep an eye on things... to make sure the right side always won out. Yes, he was the villain, but good villainy was a sacred responsibility. After all, it is the bad-guy who strengthens the hero. The villain gives the hero a reason to fight and brings out the best in him. This was the charge he was given! To bring out the best in the "Fabulous Five," as they so arrogantly called themselves. Pffff... not one mote of gratitude among them.

All those years. No wonder he felt the weight on his shoulders. He came upon a heavy metal door at the bottom of the stairs and gave it a mighty tug. It had been a few years since he had been down here. He liked to say he was retired from all that flashy stuff. He had done his job, the "Five" had made their big splashes. He was happy to settle down, tie the knot, bring some kids into the world, and enjoy the rest of his days in peace.

It was just that weird feeling...

He had opened the heavy door enough to slip through. It closed with a heavy thud behind him. Pete looked ahead to the prize, hanging on the far wall.... the reason he had come down here to begin with.

He was going to have some questions...

Tag: Mirror Mirror...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~OOC~ Just a heads up that we have a social/resource thread. The Snuggly Duckling is open to all. :)

~IC~ Black Widow

“That was weird...” Nat remarked softly. “No calling card or anything. We still don’t have any idea who or what that was... what he is up to and how he knew so much about us.”

A low rumbling growl came just behind her and she became aware of a tall presence quite close to her. She glanced over her shoulder to see that tall, furry being and that man called Solo approach them.

“Look,” Solo started, after giving the empty seat where that strange man had sat a cautious glance. “We’ve caught word that more troopers are on their way. They are being lead by someone dressed in black. Probably the local commander. I’d thought I’d give you two the heads up before we leave. Probably about time you two do as well.”

Nat glanced to Logan and then back to Solo. “Thank you, I appreciate the warning.”

“Don’t mention it.” He shrugged then glanced to his partner. “Come on, Chewie. Let’s get out of this slumhole.”

TAG: @darthbernael , @Sinrebirth (If interested)

~IC~ Eugene

The white and orange ball-thing had gave a negative sounding response.

“Right... of course not.” Eugene remarked, dusting off his jacket. “That would have been way too easy.”

He glanced up at the futuristic looking structures about him.

“It would be good if I knew where I ended up... a map of the place of something would be handy right about now...“

Looking down, there was a small object on the ground that caught his eye. Picking it up, he noticed it was a small pin. A badge or something? On one side there was a ‘t’ letter embossed on it.

“Don’t suppose you dropped this...” he held it for the ball thing to see. “Do you have a name or something? Or do I call you ball? or sphere?”

~IC~ Buzz Lightyear

The portal that had opened up was an interesting development to the investigation. Since when did the minions of Emperor Zurg have technology to do so? Someone had to get to the bottom of this!

There was a blinding flash of light, a moment of weightlessness.... before falling.

Buzz Lightyear activated his wings to keep himself airborne longer. He found himself gliding through a passage-

A large object stood directly in his flight path. He leaned to his left to avoid colliding with the form, then forward flipped down to one of many platforms that line the sides of the passageway.

He whipped up his wrist communicator.

“Buzz Lightyear to Star Command... come in Star Command...” He whispered to the communicator as he stepped about on the platform... which reminded him of an oversized seat.

“I’ve entered the portal and ended up in a strange facility. No sign of the enemy so far...” he tilted his head up to survey his surroundings. That large form he almost collided with... looked like a person.... it was a giant! Was that Zurg’s secret weapon against the Galactic Alliance?

“...however, it appears to be a home to a giant...”

There was more movement. Another creature, much smaller, about his size.

“...and... a dragon. My position may been compromised.”

TAG: @darthbernael, @darthhelinith

15. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Logan
    Magician disappears, Sasquatch appears

Logan glanced at Nat, “He knew more than seemed normal unless he’d researched us beforehand. So if we run into him again, we need to get those answers from him.”

And then his senses tingled as he felt a presence approaching, turning as Nat did, he saw what he’d only describe as Sasquatch walk up, the man she’d been speaking to with him. The creature warbled out a series of syllables and the man translated.

Glancing at the man, he thought quickly, knowing the kind of people that would normally frequent a place like this they wouldn’t hesitate to sell out he or Nat for any small sum, after beating up those white armored troops.

Looking back to her, he nodded almost absently, “I have a feeling getting involved with these troops or someone who commands them may not be the best play right now, fun of course but probably would call down even more onto us than we want, this early into whatever the person running this place has going on. So checking out more of it may be better.”

TAG: @Corellian_Outrider

-----

IC Daken
    Monorail station by the Matterhorn

Just as they were approaching the station, Daken caught sight of a flash of blue light. Suddenly there was a blinking light before him and it dove to his right, so he leaned left to avoid whatever it was. He couldn’t tell but it seemed small, about the same size as the oversized lizard on his shoulder, one he had to catch again before it fell off.

Turning around he looked for whatever it was, but he didn’t see anything else flying around, even the bats from earlier had disappeared. It took him a moment as there wasn’t any obvious smell of a being, just that of plastic. And then a piping voice sounded in the air, ow, whispered, but still audible to his ears. What it said made no sense, at first.

Looking down as he localized the source of the voice, eyes narrowing as he took it in. And then it made sense, as he recalled a series of movies over the last decade or so. He glanced at Mushu, already dealing with one small sarcastic creature and now it seemed he’d been granted the presence of a second.

“Giant? You’re the toy, little man, I’m no giant.”

He looked up at the sky, voice slightly louder, “Why, why do you keep sending me these? I don’t know who you are sending beings through portals but how about next time it’s a couple stacked redheads, not an oversized lizard or a toy?”

TAG: @darthhelinith, @Corellian_Outrider

16. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Merlin
    Adventureland

"There are no monkey's at Disney...." something was defiitely wrong. A warping of reality. a parody of the amusement park.

"I think, what ever brought us here, has warped reality. I can not be certain, though."

Merlin tried to think his way past their dilemna. Sure he could probably use magic and figure things out, but he could also do more harm than good. which is exactly what he'd been trying to teach Arthur all these years.

"Were either of you near anything magical lately? Before ending up here, that is. You both mentioned magic existed in your worlds, right?"
    TAG: @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Merida
    Adventureland

Merida thought back and a slight frown creased her forehead. "A bricht light that drew me in .... " she explained. "'twas definitely a magic o' some kind " she added as a another red curly strand of dripping hair fell in front of her face and she blew it aside. "Nae seen magic lik' that afore in mah lee."

TAG @Corellian_Outrider @E. L.Knight

18. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: ???

She took a deep breath as she stepped outside into the garment district and smiled as she exhaled. No one could convince her, even after all this time, that New York didn't smell wonderful. People thought it was a smelly, old city were overlooking all the fantastic things that happened every day here. For example, where else could someone like her open her own business creating dresses so that any girl could feel beautiful--as beautiful as they were.

It had been a long day, but a satisfying one. She never could have imagined that she'd lead a life like this, but now she couldn't imagine anything more lovely than this. Speaking of which, she'd worked late tonight, which made her impatient to get home to see Robert and Morgan. She realized she had better take a taxi instead of the subway to make up for lost time. She looked down the street and raised an arm, worldly-wise New Yorker that she was now, to hail one as she stepped off the curb to better garner attention from the liveries of the city.

It was at that moment that there was a bright blue light from beneath her. Her foot passed through where it had been supposed to meet asphalt and with a cry of surprise she fell into the swirling blue vortex.

She fell and fell and fell...and this was all seeming rather familiar.

All of a sudden she found herself in front of...what? Again? At least she knew what to do this time as she pushed against the metal disc in front of her.

She climbed up through the maintenancehole and paused, half in, half out. Looking around, she certainly wasn't in New York anymore. She looked at herself and found, yes, she was still in three-dimensions. Therefore, she hadn't gone back. But that didn't help her ascertain exactly where she was now. It looked vaguely...exotic. There certainly were lots of plants around.

"Hello?" she called out after pulling herself out of the maintenancehole. She grunted as she pushed the cover back into place so no one would fall in. "Is anyone there?"

TAG: Let's find out!

19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    BB-8 IC:

The man seemed to not be surprised at his response. Why ask if he already appeared to know the answer he would give? Organics, so confusing!

“Right…of course not. That would have been way too easy.”

He looked around them and I watched to see what he would do, while my sensors seemed not to pick up anything particularly interesting at the moment.

“It would be good if I knew where I ended up…a map of the place or something would be handy right about now…”

Hm…Wasn’t there something that looked like a bunch of maps on a cart not far off while I had been traversing the area? Turning my head to look back in the direction I came in, I searched for the cart. Some kind of merchant’s wares that was abandoned if I could recall.

“Don’t suppose you dropped this…”

I swiveled my head back around and noticed the badge the human picked up. I shook my head again. Nope. Not mine!

“Do you have a name or something? Or do I call you ball? Or sphere?”

“Brree Breee ate oooo, ree.”

Somehow I had a feeling he was going to be just as lost as usual. Oh well. Still, what one could ask, one could answer! Who was this person anyway? He seemed nice, but I didn't have a name for him either.

Popping out my arc welder to point at him, I gave the wordless question in reverse. Hopefully he’d understand the pantomime at the very least.

From there, I’d spin and begin heading back to the cart. It looked like it had carried some maps or something similar, best I led him there. If he was anything like Finn, he’d probably yell out and start chasing after him, which would be for the best in this case.

Stopping in front of the cart, I’d back up just a little and swivel my head to look at him once more. Hopefully this was helpful!

“Oooo reee urrr!”

Tag: Eugene/Flynn @Corellian_Outrider

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

She heard crickets in response. Hmmmm...maybe she was the only one here. It had been a long time since she was truly alone. Even in New York there were always--

Wait.

Crickets.

"Aaaaaaaaa aaaaaa, aaaaaaaaa aaaaaa, aaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa!" she sang.

On cue, a cricket bounded out onto the pavement. She stooped, placing her hand, palm up, near the ground so the cricket could jump onto it. Straightening, she raised her hand to the level of her face to look at the inquisitive cricket, which cocked its head to look at her.

"Hello there! It's so nice to meet you!" she said. "You wouldn't happen to know if there are any other humans around, would you? Not that there's anything wrong with creatures that aren't human, of course. It's just that these buildings are human-sized, which makes me think there should be other humans here. It's an awful lot of effort to build something so big otherwise."

Chirp chirp, the cricket replied.

"There are? Wonderful!"

Chirp.

"People with wonderful hair are the best!"

Chiiiirp.

"I'm not sure I've ever met anyone with a beard that long, but meeting new types of people is one of the wonderful things about this world." She looked around. "Well...assuming I'm still in the same world."

Chirp.

"I don't think it's bizarre at all. Gloomy, perhaps, but nothing a little cleaning couldn't take care of."

Chirp chirp chirp.

"Oh a bazaar! Which way?"

The cricket jumped off her hand and hopped along the pavement.

"Wait for me!" she said, hurrying after her new guide.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider @E. L.Knight

21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Rapunzel

Merida demonstrated quick reflexes in reacting to the monkey and drawing the bow. It reminded Rapunzel of one of her companions from the Kingdom and wondered how skilled Merida was with sword craft. She smiled as she mused that swords are fine and all but where is a cast iron frying pan when you need one?

She listened as Merlin spoke.

"I think, what ever brought us here, has warped reality. I can not be certain, though."

“You may be right... however I feel this has happened before we got here.” Rapunzel glanced about, inspecting some of the damaged goods.

"Were either of you near anything magical lately? Before ending up here, that is. You both mentioned magic existed in your worlds, right?" Merlin asked them.

Merida answered first. Her accent was getting easier to understand. That a bright light had brought her here. That she had not seen anything like it before.

Rapunzel gave Pascal a questioning look. He gave a small nod of assurance.

“That’s a difficult question to answer.” Rapunzel carefully stepped onto one of the low tables that once held merchandise. “Magic has been part of my life ever since I was a child...” she reached back and untied her hair, lengths of it started cascading loose and gathering about her ankles and piling up on the table. She pursed her lips as she considered her next words.

“...from my connection to the Sun drop. It is why my hair is so long.... and at the moment, unbreakable.”

Rapunzel started gathering her hair to tie back into place as she started explaining what she last remembered. “I was at a friend’s workshop, Varian. He is an alchemist and engineer... he was building a device based off plans he discovered belonging to the Lord Demanitus...” she looked to Merlin. “I’m not sure if you have heard of him, but he has saved Corona against a sorceress whom wanted to destroy the Kingdom of Corona over a millennia ago. Anyhow, the device was activated before it was finished. There was a glowing bright light and then... Pascal and I found ourselves in the dark forest. That’s where we met that faerie and soon after, Merida-“ Rapunzel stopped and tilted her head. Listening, she thought she heard a voice. “Wait... do you guys hear that? Sounds like there’s someone out there... calling for someone to wait.”

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @E. L.Knight, @Trieste

Trieste and darthbernael like this.
  22. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Merlin
    Adventureland

Merlin was musing over their answers when Rapunzel stopped mid explaination and asked if they heard a voice. He listened and clearly heard a females voice.

"Someone, a woman, is down that way." Merlin pointed towards the voice. "Might be someone who can help or harm. Merida, could you please move to cover with you bow? Rapunzel......Oh! The hair.....I understand!" The oldman chuckled as he had a gesture and a large cast iron skillet appear at the girls feet. "A gift."

He pointed his cane in the direction of the voice and prepared for the next encounter. He didn't want to tell them he'd felt a darkness somewhere close by.
    TAG: @Trieste @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Tinker Bell

"If I said something to offend you, I am deeply sorry!"

The skeleton looking man was polite, had the rat misinterpret what was said? They were strange looking so it was hard to believe what was what.

"You see my friends and I are lost, same as this good woman here and her..... rat friend."

Tink was taken aback. These people were ‘lost ones’. Lost things usually ended up at Never Land... which this place was clearly not. Where was this place? She turned about mid flight to see the lady properly and the rat and then back again to face the skeleton looking man.

"Perhaps as an... angel... of great stature, you can tell us what is going on here in this land?"

An angel? He called me an angel!

Her glow flickered brighter. All previous thought momentarily forgotten. It has been a long time since anyone has called her an ‘angel’. Have they before? She couldn’t remember.

"These two fellows here were telling us that a great shift took place here, and now some sort of evil or darkness is about. Can you share any insight on this, oh great and powerful angel?"

Tink hovered as she processed what was asked of her. She looked to the ghostly figures and the house beyond. Everyone is lost... first Peter, then that girl with the blond hair and lizard... did she do wrong abandoning her and selfishly focused on finding Peter? But these people here need help too. Oh! What to do?

She could talk but they wouldn’t understand her like Peter does... but the rat understood her, so maybe his lady friend understands him?

She flitted close to the lady, she gave a nervous hello wave then hovered close to the rat.

“I need your help to speak for me. If I tell you what I know and act it out, maybe they can understand?”

TAG: @pashatemur, @Imperial_Hammer

~IC~ Eugene

“Brie Brie ate.... Baby ate... Bee Bee eight?” Eugene frowned as he repeated the noises the ball made. It was somewhat guess work, looking for some response from the ball that he got it right. “Ooo roo?”

A panel opened up and a small arm pointed at Eugene. “Who you? Who am I? The name is Eugene, well,” he shrugged, “nowadays it is. I used to go by the name Flynn Rider- oh, hey!”

The ball had moved off, did it want him to follow? Eugene followed anyway, partially wondering where the rest of the people went. It stopped at a cart and made a sound...

“Oooo weee arrr..” Eugene repeated. He glanced to the cart and saw a map. “Oh, here we are. Thanks... ba-bee eight?”

The ball was starting to make sense.

The map was strange. The layout had a castle at the central position and several zones surrounded it which the labels were faded out to make sense of save for the lower right one; ‘Tomorrowland’.

“Tomorrowland...” scoffed Eugene. “Get a load of this. Space mountain, Star Tours, Planet M, Cosmic Encounters...” he read some of the listed places out loud. “There’s a space theme going on here. Pan Galactic Pizza Port. Wow... I haven’t had pizza in a long time. First time I had it was when I went to Italy and that was divine. The best I’ve ever tasted! Man, I could go for some now. I wish I could take Blondie there and-“ he stopped abruptly. “...wherever Rapunzel is. Where could she be?”

Eugene glanced about. Where were the people? Was Rapunzel here or at one of those other places? He cupped his chin and leaned close to the map, trying to make out what the faded text said. He tapped to the adjacent forested section and then the castle area that connects to Tomorrowland.

“What do you make of these areas?”

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Adventureland

She followed the cricket as it bounced along, picking her way through the gloom. Wherever she'd wound up seemed to be rather exotic. It seemed like it could be a nice enough place...under other circumstances. After all, there was plenty of vegetation, even if it seemed somewhat hostile. Could plants be hostile? Surely they could.

The cricket popped up and down in one spot, as if signaling an arrival. Before she could say anything else, the cricket lost itself in a thicket of plants without another peep.

"Goodbye!" she called towards the greenery. "Thank you!"

Turning in the opposite direction was what must be the promised bazaar. Ordinarily she'd steer clear of it, but with all this rain.... She shivered. She hurried along inside--

--and discovered the three people her guide had promised: one woman with extremely long blonde hair (and no shoes--which seemed a questionable sartorial choice given the conditions), a curly redheaded woman with a bow, and an old man in blue with a truly long white beard.

"Well hello! Can any of you tell me where we are? You see, I'm pretty sure I fell through some kind of portal and in my experience they're consistently short on explanations," she said.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider @E. L.Knight

25. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Mushu

Mushu stared, rubbed his eyes and stared again.

What was this creature? It certainly smelt unlike anything he'd ever experienced in his life. Kinda chemically...
    The creature's baldness lead to Mushu's only frame of reference being a human baby.
    His thought process was interrupted by Daken's cry to the ancestors.

"Oversized lizard?!" He shrieked with indignation. "Hey you and I are gonna have words later. But not in front of the ugly baby."
    Here he picked up the white and green 'thing' and rocked it in his arms.

Tag: @Corellian_Outrider @darthbernael