main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social OPEN A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes - [A Seasonal Disney RPG]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Corellian_Outrider, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    BB-8 IC:
    ~Tomorrowland~

I listened as the man seemed to mimic him, a reversal of what had been the norm moments ago, and seemed to finally get it right.

Letting out a few excited bleeps and whirrs, or so it would sound to him, I let him know he had gotten it right. BB-8! That was my name! A good one, I think. Even more encouragingly, he got the question he asked of him too. Which was good, that one was easier to interpret.

“Who you? Who am I? The name is Eugene, well, nowadays it is. I used to go by the name Flynn Rider - oh, hey!”

Sorry…Flynn? No. Eugene. You had another question I can help you with! Thankfully, as expected, he followed after him much like Finn would have done. Hmmm..

Finn. Flynn. Coincidence?

Had I eyes, I would have done that suspicious narrowing look I’d seen Poe do to a few others in the past. In any event, the man caught up to him and realized he was helping. Good. Less explaining that way.

My circuits filled with pride as being helpful was always something I set out to do, even if it was part of my programming it didn’t matter.

“Oh, here we are. Thanks…ba-bee eight?”

Close enough. I gave a little nod in encouragement.

The letters were odd to me, even as I tried to run programs to decipher them, (not my primary function) but thankfully Eugene knew them and could read. The names being listed were…strange. Familiar in theme, but somehow just…off.

“Tomorrowland…Get a load of this. Space Mountain, Star Tours, Planet M, Cosmic Encounters…There’s a space theme going on here. Pan Galactic Pizza Port. Wow…I haven’t had pizza in a long time. First time I had it was when I went to Italy and that was divine.”

Pizza? What was pizza? Admittedly a secret desire I had long since harbored. How organics could ingest and enjoy food seemed so joyous by the way they often acted, I wish I could. Occasional oiling was nice, but it was nothing alike I knew.

Maybe one day I could be programmed to do something that mimicked it? No, not likely. Oh well.

“The best I’ve ever tasted! Man, I could go for some now. I wish I could take Blondie there and - …wherever Rapunzel is. Where could she be?”

Blondie? A different person or a nickname? Probably the latter given by the way he spoke. As Eugene looked about, I allowed myself to do the same. Both my visual receptors and my far scanners detected nothing currently.

“What do you make of these areas?”

Swiveling my head back around to look at the map leaned down to him, and focusing on where Eugene tapped again for him, I peered hard. A forest and a large building of some kind seemed to be located nearby according to it. If they wanted people, that structured area was their best option.

Opening up the side panels, I pulled out my Arc Welder and Welding Torch on opposite sides as if in a shrug. Pulling them back in, I quickly scanned the map and pulled away to use my holoprojector, recreating a holo-image of the map (now that it was recorded) into the air for him to view better. From there, I added a little tracing line from where we were approximately toward the castle zone. Letting it stop there as a sign of where I thought we should head.

“Ooorrreee?”

Tag: Eugene @Corellian_Outrider

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Black Widow

“Definitely not the best play at the moment.” Nat agreed with Logan regarding entangling with the inbound troopers and their commander.

There was something he said about ‘call’ down more reinforcements which gave her an idea and she moved to one of the fallen troopers. She pretended to check a pulse as her fingers felt the inner surface of the helmet. There definitely was a communications system in there but she’ll need an isolated trooper to double check. There were too many witnesses.

Nat stood and walked to the exit via Logan. “It would be good to get a hands on their coms.” She whispered to him. “Lead them on a merry chase or know their positions.”

On their way out, someone with a squid like head bumped into her and burped loudly before blurting out. “Sorrrry, misssses.... ‘Appppy life day!”

“Happy Life Day?” She responded back as the creature tottered deeper into the cantina. As they stepped outside, Solo and Chewie were nowhere to be seen. So much for partnering up with them.

“Alright...” she glanced about. One end lead to the spaceport and the other side of the outpost, the other curved around to who knows where. “...which direction does your nose lead you?”

TAG: @darthbernael

~IC~ Buzz Lightyear

“Giant? You’re the toy, little man, I’m no giant.”

Buzz quickly raised his wrist laser and pointed the end at the giant. His finger hovered over the button. So, he had been compromised! The giant saw and heard him. Blast the giant’s sensitive hearing.

“Why, why do you keep sending me these? I don’t know who you are sending beings through portals but how about next time it’s a couple stacked redheads, not an oversized lizard or a toy?”

What a perplexing prayer. It did mention the portals but sounds unintelligible on the subject. Maybe it was above it’s pay grade.

“Halt, giant. It is an offence to insult a space ranger. I will let it slide this once if tell me what I want to know. Whom do you serve-“

Unexpectedly, the dragon moved fast and picked him up and started rocking him like an infant.

“Unhand me! I am a Space Ranger! Not an infant!”

TAG: @darthbernael, @darthhelinith

3. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Daken
    Matterhorn Station

Daken chuckled as Mushu shook the toy spaceman. Squatting to get a better look at the toy, “Buzz...Buzz Lightyear, how are you animate? You’re a cartoon character, and a toy that millions of kids play with.”

He straightened again, looking around to see if there was anyone out there that was running this toy and trying to play a joke on him and Mushu. His nose didn’t pick up any immediate scent but that didn’t mean that there wasn’t someone messing with them.

Looking back down at his first new ‘friend’, “Shake him around a little more, Mushu, it may jog his memory and make him realize he is just a toy.”

Stepping off to the side, he glanced down the stairs, seeing that their path seemed clear to descend, he motioned to Mushu, “And when you’re done playing with it, bring it along and we can see what this mountain holds.

TAG: @Corellian_Outrider, @darthhelinith

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Logan
    Galaxy’s Edge

Logan nodded at Nat, a twisted smile behind the unlit cigar as he saw her bend over, by the trooper. He could appreciate her beauty but he knew what she was doing and why. So he turned his back on her for a moment, his eyes sweeping back and forth, to see if anyone there was keeping an eye on them in return. When she stood, he fell in by her side.

A small nod was the reply to her statement as some squidlike thing was walking past. One eyebrow rose at the slurred “Sorrrry, misssses.... ‘Appppy life day!” as the creature bumped into her. He shrugged at the question, having no idea what the creature had meant, either.

At her question, he turned his head back and forth, testing the air. In one direction he smelled the scent of the armor, similar to that of the troops they’d encountered in the cantina. In the other the air seemed clearer but there was another scent, one he couldn’t place yet.

He nodded in the direction that curved away toward who knew where, “Something that could be intriguing that way, and away from a large group of those troops. Maybe we run into one or two them together there and can swipe a comm from one of them.”

TAG: @Corellian_Outrider

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Rapunzel

"Might be someone who can help or harm. Merida, could you please move to cover with you bow? Rapunzel......Oh! The hair.....I understand!" Merlin had chuckled As Merida moved to cover. Rapunzel smile beamed as Merlin conjured a cast iron frying pan at her feet, all by magic. "A gift."

“Wow. Thank you! You never know when you need one.” Rapunzel said as she picked it up and tested the weigh. It was just perfect.

She looked sharply to the entrance of the bazaar as someone entered. A melodic voice greeted. "Well hello! Can any of you tell me where we are? You see, I'm pretty sure I fell through some kind of portal and in my experience they're consistently short on explanations,"

“Hello!” Rapunzel responded cheerfully as she hugged the frying pan to her chest as she stepped off the table to greet the woman. “Ummm... We, ourselves, are in a similar predicament as well. We... ah, aren’t exactly sure as to where we are.“ She gave an awkward smile then looked to Merida and Merlin. “The sign did say this was a bazaar and the building by the river said something about a cruise but I’m not sure how helpful that is. This place feels abandoned. It’s possible that there are clues to find- oh, I am Rapunzel. Who might you be?”

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @E. L.Knight, @Trieste

~IC~ Buzz Lightyear

Buzz scowled at the giant. “To you, of course I seem like a toy! Giant!”

What was this nonsense about being a cartoon character? Maybe his missions logs were inspiration for a drama series to inspire the masses to join up with Star Command?

Probably a good idea to omit certain details of this mission from his log. Who knows what Star Command would think.

He struggled to free his arms from the dragon’s hold. “Unhand me!”

Buzz managed to hit the button on his chest piece. The wings on his jet pack shot outward and gave him enough space to push up and away from the dragon. He flipped sideways and crouched, his wrist laser aimed at the dragon. “Halt! Come no closer.”

TAG: @darthbernael, @darthhelinith

5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Eugene, BB-8

The ball, sorry, BeeBeeEight had somehow replicated the map and shone a version of it in the air before him. How was that possible? Eugene mused. Although, given what has been seen over the last year, nothing should come as a surprise. Truth be told, BeeBee was probably a smaller cousin to one of those hulking automatons. Just hope this one doesn’t have a thirst for destruction.

Eugene noticed that there was a moving line on the map BeeBee was showing. Starting from where they were and lead to the castle looking section.

“I suppose that makes more sense than galavanting through the wilderness without knowing where to or from we are going.” Eugene remarked.

BeeBee seemed to have agreed, judging by the noise it made.

“Alright, let’s head off!”

Following along the path that BeeBee had recommended, the empty streets and futuristic structures reached a point before the path continued on towards rolling hills and grassy plains. There were no other structures in sight beyond.

“The map could have been exaggerated...” Eugene said out loud as he looked to BeeBee. “Maybe the castle can be seen from that hilltop.”

BeeBee gave a low warble. It was tricky to be sure what that meant.

Taking a few steps further, Eugene experienced a strange shimmering effect... and what was once clear blue skies were now dusking. Instead of grassy plains, he found himself on an path surrounded by elaborate gardens with a stunning castle.

“I... was not expecting that...” Eugene, wide-eyed, turned and outstretched a hand. It passed through the faint shimmering barrier with no resistance. Eugene abruptly withdrew and wriggled his fingers. Everything all accounted for. This was odd.

The ball had rolled up beside him and tootled a small fanfare.

“Right. At least we know where the castle is.”

-Earlier-

A young woman sat by the window. The view from her room overlooked the courtyard, and if she positioned herself just right, she could see the main avenue as well. What was once lush and vibrant gardens were looking to be in a state of neglect. With the afternoon heading into dusk, the lamp posts that line the avenue were turning on.

No one from the town came to visit the castle anymore. The days were growing darker though it felt like there was no escaping this place. How long has it been? Where did they take Kit?

The castle had been taken over. She was separated from Kit and was made a prisoner. Her door was locked from the outside and meals brought to her infrequently. Who ever they were, they had a detrimental effect on the community.

The magic was stolen from this place.

A small white and brown mouse scurried across the windowsill and stopped by the edge. A solid brown one followed behind.

“Oh, Jaq and Gus.” The woman whispered as she held out her hand for them to climb onto. “I’m sorry, there isn’t any food yet but I’ll save some for you.”

A flash of light outside caught her attention. It was over by the avenue. There was another further away. It looked like an orb of blue...then faded a few seconds after...then another!

[​IMG]

What is it?

She almost jumped as a loud thud came from the room above her. Followed by footsteps of someone moving about. Whoever it was, they left just as quickly.

She observed from her window and eventually saw someone moving about outside. They had an unusual hairstyle yet wearing clothes that a guest of the palace would wear. Who are they? Was it the same person as above? Can he see me?

She waved to get their attention but no avail. Her both lip pouted a fraction.

Boom!

She gasped and fell off her perch as the whole place shook. Something had impacted the castle. Jaq and Gus scampered off, frightened. She could hear shouting from inside the castle. She scrambled back to her feet and looked out the window but the man was gone. Nor was there any sign of what afflicted the castle.

She could hear footsteps in the hallway outside stopping by her door. She held her breath and stepped away from the window and to the far corner of the room as the locks chinked before the door creaked open...

TAG: @Sinrebirth for the ‘gatekeeper’

~OOC~
    The Winter Event is starting. For those that wish to participate in the event, the starting area is Cinderella’s castle grounds and garden hub area. More details in Resource/social thread here

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Gatekeeper
    Cinderella's Castle

The door opened, and a man stepped through. "Such a beautiful heart, sealed within a room."

His voice was dulcet, his tones deep and smooth. He was indeed attired as a guest, somewhat flamboyantly, stylised, and a mixing of blacks and whites with a gold trim that matched the malevolent colour in his eyes.

His name, well, that was a lie.

A lie designed to ensure his true motives escaped the notice of others.

But here, in this surprisingly curious little subset of circumstances that had seen all these colourful characters arrive, was an opportunity, and he intended to fully take it. Once he had the Seven... then the true Darkness could be released.

[​IMG]

"I would free you from this awful place, the perfect light that you are," he said, reaching out for her.

TAG: No-One

7. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Daken
    Matterhorn Mountain Monorail Station

Daken chuckled as the toy fought with Mushu. They were pretty closely matched in size, Mushu being a little larger than the plastic man but both had plenty of attitude. “Hey little ‘dragon’, you going to take that snark from the ‘Space Ranger’?” letting sarcasm wash through the last bit of the question.

His nostrils flared for a moment, head tilting to the side, as his gaze roved around the platform and surrounding area. Something suddenly felt….different. It was subtle but he could sense it, smell the difference on the air.

Turning back to Mushu, “Lizard, something’s changed. I don’t know if you can sense it but I can, and there’s a subtle scent on the air that tells me something new has come into play. That might give us a fun challenge.”

As the words left his mouth a flash of blue drew his attention, a circle hanging in the air, like the one that had flashed into existence right before he was brought there. It opened widely enough to fit him and the other two before it began racing toward them.

Just as it touched him he glanced again at Mushu, “Don’t forget the tin man, but let’s go…”

TAGS: @darthhelinith, @Corellian_Outrider

8. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: ???
    Adventureland

"My name's Giselle," she said. "It's so wonderful to meet you! It's always nice to make new friends, especially in unexpected circumstances."

[​IMG]

"Well, wherever we are, we should really get a move on. You see, my family in New York is expecting me and they'll probably start to worry soon," Giselle explained. "If there are clues, we should find them." She looked around the bazaar, side to side, then up into the rafters. Then she looked back at the trio. "By the way, what would a clue look like?" Giselle's eyes were both big with curiosity and steady with intent. She was ready to get to it.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider @E. L.Knight

9. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Merlin
    Adventureland

Merlin lowered his cane as the young woman spoke. Her cheerful demeanor was so disaming and charming that Merlin felt himself relaxed in her presence. No alarm bells of danger were going off.

"A portal you say? Most interesting."

Merlin started muttering to himself. Rapunzel talked of a machine, Giselle of a portal. It was all so much stranger than he really thought could happen. He scratched his head and then stroked his beard deep in thought.

"Giselle, was it?" Melrin asked. "You said you'd been through a portal before?"
    TAG: @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider @Trieste

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Giselle
    Adventureland

"Oh yes! Once I fell in a well--pushed actually, by my almost-stepmother--and that took me from Andalasia all the way to New York," Giselle explained earnestly. "That was quite a change. In Andalasia all the animals talk...which I suppose they do here and in New York--just not in English. And there was singing and dancing...but there's plenty of singing in Central Park if someone just gets things started. Oh! Andalasia was much more colorful, but come to think of it New York is colorful in a different way." Giselle looked around. "This place does seem to be the opposite of vibrant. The portal was familiar. It was rather blue and I just stepped off the curb and into it without any warning. There was still lots of falling." She thought. "I suppose there was more magic in Andalasia than New York--at least until Narissa came to New York. And until the second portal. I don't suppose there's any magic here?"

This last sentence was offered as an afterthought as Giselle bent to look at something on the floor. With two fingers she picked up a crumpled piece of glossy paper and unfurled it. It was a painted picture, one that looked an awful lot like a map. Not all of it was visible. Some of it was stained from causes unknown. "Is this a clue?" she asked as she ran her eyes across it.

11. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    OCC: A joint post with C_O with many thanks!

IC: Tinkerbell, Remy, and Colette

"You see my friends and I are lost, same as this good woman here and her..... rat friend."
    said the skeleton.

Tink was taken aback. These people were ‘lost ones’. Lost things usually ended up at Never Land... which this place was clearly not. Where was this place? She turned about mid flight to see the lady properly and the rat and then back again to face the skeleton looking man.

"Perhaps as an... angel... of great stature, you can tell us what is going on here in this land?" he continued.

An angel? He called me an angel!

Her glow flickered brighter. All previous thoughts, momentarily forgotten. It had been a long time since anyone called her an ‘angel’. Have they before? She couldn’t remember.

”These two fellows here were telling us that a great shift took place here, and now some sort of evil or darkness is about. Can you share any insight on this, oh great and powerful angel?"

Tink hovered as she processed what was asked of her. She looked to the ghostly figures and the house beyond. Everyone is lost... first Peter, then that girl with the blond hair and lizard... did she do wrong abandoning her and selfishly focused on finding Peter? But these people here need help too. Oh! What to do?

She could talk but they wouldn’t understand her like Peter does... but the rat understood her, so maybe his lady friend understands him?

She flitted close to the lady, she gave a nervous hello wave then hovered close to the rat.

“I need your help to speak for me. If I tell you what I know and act it out, maybe they can understand?”

Remy, nose in the air as he watched Jack and heard as he explained they were all at a loss and then as Tink flitted forward and asked Remy to translate.

"Of course!" Remy answered quickly.

Colette's eyes followed the little flit of a green sprite, a shimmer and silvery tinkling following after. Wide-eyed and amazed she heard the gentleman skeleton address Remy and pretty little fairy.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute! Excuse me! This is not a costume," exclaimed Collette looking at Jack or Jacque! That’s the name with which the squat little man trying to hide behind the skeleton addressed this Jacque. From one to the other, Colette looked incredulously and gestured to Tink, stating that neither were Tinkerbell' s wings and, "...the Fly...ing!-I must be dreaming...I did have a bad bump..." she reasoned, wincing as she rubbed the bruise at the corner of her forehead, again enchanted by the little faerie chattering melodically with the ‘little chef’ and hoving in the air.

Remy raced up Colette's arm. Gesturing and giving a glance to the human skeleton before suggesting to Colette that none of this was any more bizarre than a human talking to and driving a rat around!

“Is your friend okay?” Tink flitted across to see the lady’s head and where she was rubbing. She remembered what she was about to do and caught between what to do. “Oh... answers...” she looked to Remy. “Can your friend hold up their hand for me to land on?”

Remy hopped and waved to get Colette's attention. " Colette! She wants to LAND -on your HAND," he said slowly and over annunciating, speaking loudly and miming Tink landing in her hand.

Colette blinked at Remy and the others and then slowly she raised her hands side by side, eyes widening as the pretty faerie hovered and blithely descended, a faint tickle sensation as the green-winged sprite landed on Colette’s hands.

Tink, having landed light on the lady’s upturned palms, began to encapsulate her story.

“Alright. Where to start.” One hand on her hip, the other cupping her chin as she started pacing. Her wings tucked downward against her back. “I came from a far away island...” she outstretched her arms to emphasize distance. “Peter and I were leading the pirates away from attacking the camp. Captain Hook-“ she sneered and cupped a hand to look like a hook hand and shook it as she placed a foot on the lady’s outstretched fingers, mimicking Captain Hook standing on the prow of a longboat. “-chased us into Mermaid Lagoon.”

Remy stood, mesmerized and then he too blinked and then jumped, his paws flapping as he did so, remembering to translate. "Eh...she says, she and someone called Peter were distracting some...some pirates led by a tough character called ‘Captain Hook’...and they wound up in a place called Mermaid Lagoon."

Colette stood motionless.

Remy turned to Tink. "Uh hun," he nodded, "And then?" he said, urging Tink to continue.

Tink nodded then placed her thumbs and fingers together and held up her hands to make a circle. “Then this ball of bright light appeared and whoosh.” Her hands parted. “We ended up here... at least, I think we both did. I lost my friend but then, you all have lost things. I don’t know what is happening here but maybe I can see and find out with the house... maybe there’s something inside that can help.”

Remy slowly looked toward the ominously dark and creaking house, the wind gusting with a damp chill air, and a shutter rattling and slamming as the dark shadows of the treestory tossed above them all. He shivered and relayed Tinkerbell's words to Colette and they both glanced with uncertainty to the house in the swirling darkness.

Swallowing, Colette managed a tiny smile to the faerie and hastily relayed to the gentleman skeleton what the faerie said, "Eh...Jacques, right?" Colette gave a fragile smile to the skeleton and the one he referred to as “Mayor,” the both of them seeming the most amicable and approachable of those assembled, "The faerie sez that she an’a guy companion, they were chase by a Captain with’a hook when all the sudden a BIG ball of light crash down,” all this she pantomimed, following the faerie’s lead, “an’ they got lost from each’other. This house seem a possible place to find th’ansere to the happenings so far. She sez to look inside for more," said Colette, her dark hair tossing in the wind, she took a free hand and attempted to tuck her errant stands behind her ear.

"I dun' know,” Colette said, gesturing toward the house with her chin, “she looks pretty formidable to me! What is in that house that can tell us?" Colette asked of the faerie and the assembled and finally looked to Jacques Skeleton.

Tink looked up as well. “Do you know anything else about the house... or this darkness?”

Remy shook his head, speaking for both of for Colette and himself that they did not know anything before conveying the question to Colette and telling her he'd told Tinkerbell they knew nothing more. So Colette conveyed the question further to the gentleman “Jack or Jacques.”
    "The faerie, she’s asking what else is known about this house?" Said Colette gesturing to the mansion. She shivered as she looked to the skeleton expectantly.

TAG: @Imperial_Hammer @Corellian_Outrider

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Buzz Lightyear

The portal that opened before them was unexpected. How did the giant know? Maybe he had lead them to one of Emperor Zurg’s hidden bases.

All it took was a flash. Then, as Buzz‘s visual had cleared, the landscape changed about them- or, more accurately, they were transported elsewhere.

Apart from the seemingly oversized garden- which is in dire need of some TLC. A giant castle dominated the sky. Buzz let out a low whistle.
    “Giant, I demand to know how you summoned the portal and where you took us.”

~IC~ Eugene, BB-8

The wind has picked up. Leaves rustled and the loose ones swirled and danced about the pavement as Eugene and BB-8 followed the path around to the castle.

Up ahead there was a glowing orb of light- just like the one he had seen at Varian’s workshop. There was a bright flash followed by two smaller ones before the orb of light dissipated like wispy swirls blown away by the wind. In place was a strange looking man (who wouldn’t look out of place at Vardaros), a red lizard and a funny looking doll thing.

“So that’s what it looks like.” Eugene muttered to himself.

BeeBee rotates it’s domes head and emitted a query sound.

“Oh, it’s something that brought me to where ever here is.” Eugene answered as he observed the small funny doll looking thing point at the stranger. “At least I think it is the same thing.” He shrugged. “This day already been a strange one.”

TAG: @darthbernael, @darthhelinith, open to anyone else

13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Merida
    Adventureland

She had an arrow on the rest, un drawn because that would not only be dangerous but exhausting, but Merida was watching everything. The newest member of their group was, well, a ball of positive energy, much like Rapunzel and it left Merida wondering where these beautiful young women got such a positive attitude. Merida knew she was a strong positive woman, but these two took the cake. She wondered if she we be over dosed on their 'sweet energy'!

When the newcomer, Giselle, asked about magic she knew she had to say something. "Thare is magic 'ere, ah wid hae thought th' fact we ur 'ere wid tell ye that!" Merida felt that whatever brought them here was indeed magic!

TAG @Corellian_Outrider @Trieste @E. L.Knight

14. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Daken
    Cinderella’s Castle Grounds

As they emerged from the portal, Daken’s claws slid out for a moment, unsure if they were being taken to somewhere dangerous. He sniffed the air in that moment, only getting the scent of the gardens, an oily scent of mechanics, and one human scent, aside from Mushu and the toy.

Looking down at Buzz, “You think I’m controlling these portals, delusional little toy? As to where, I think I hit that castle over there,” he pointed in that direction, “when the portal first brought me here.”

His gae raked across the grounds again, “And that area over there,” pointing toward the moat in the distance, “is where I think the little lizard there landed. So now we’re back. But I have no idea who that rube is, or that ball by him.”

He gestured generally in the direction of Eugene and BB-8. “But you’re welcome to go demand answers from them.”

TAGS: @Corellian_Outrider, @darthhelinith, any others making their way to the gardens of Cinderella’s Castle

Trieste and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  15. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Merlin
    Adventureland

Merlin was lost in thought about portals now. He'd seen a few in his time as a wizard, but he'd never really dealt with them in a practical sort of manner. The pieces were coming together in his mind, albeit slowly. Clearly the machine that Rapunzel spoke of was to blame for her transportation here, but could it have spread so far as to bring all of them here? Could others have been brought here, as well?

"Ladies, if you would please allow me, I think I should like to take to the air and to see if I can see anyone else. I'll stay within view and return to you straight away."
    TAG: @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider @Trieste

16. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Mushu

Before Daken could stop him, Mushu dashed over to the round thing, inspecting it thoughly.

"Pshhhh metal ball," he snorted, with a little puff of smoke. "It's clearly a basketball." He pointed at Eugine. "And this must be the cavalier who carries it around in the basket. Although I'm unclear how that makes it a water sport, say-" and hear he addressed the gentleman standing next to the ball, "how does the lake fit into it?"

TAGs: @Corellian_Outrider @darthbernael

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Dark Man
    Leering

The man with the plan simply looked amusedly out the castle windows, noticing the small congregation of characters. He was looking for another Princess to hunt, and he could tell there were other lights present. He snapped his fingers, and a pair of creatures appeared besides him.

[​IMG]

"Go."

With a gaze of his yellow eyes, the dark-forms seemed to nod, and then vanished into bubbles of purple, indicating that they were travelling by way of the Realm of Darkness. They would reappear by the group, and do what they did.

"So what do we have here," came a voice, and he turned to face Dr Facilier, peering from a shadow. "You appear to have some friends the other side, no?"

The well-dressed villain glowered at the witch-doctor. "And if I do?"

"It strikes me that I should be making a deal with you, as you have all these connections..." A grin. "Like me, maybe?" He gestured lazily as his own shadow split into many different faces.

The man smiled, a kind of carnivorous expression of meeting something delightful.

"I can show your True Darkness, and in exchange..."

His gaze swept back to the window, as he watched his two Heartless appear from the dark to assault the strangers -

TAG: @darthbernael, @darthhelinith, @Corellian_Outrider

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

"Well, yes, there's magic everywhere, depending on your definition," Giselle said somewhat quickly, her gaze shifting from Media to Merlin now, "but, while you're...wherever you're going, maybe look for a landmark so we know where we are?" She looked at Rapunzel and Merida now. "That is, assuming you don't know where we are already?"

19. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Mushu
    Great balls of fire!

Mushu was still inspecting the 'basketball' when something caught the corner of his eye.
    Without asking, he scrambled up the side of the orange and white basketball and perched on top of it, staring into the darkness. Two shadows were moving, creeping nearer across the floor.

Of their own accord.

One of them sped up suddenly, sensing it had been spotted prehaps, and Mushu's heart leapt into his throat.
    "Watch out! HEARTLESS!" he cried. "Stand back, I'mma unleash a can of woop-ass on these-"

The first heartless rose out of the floor next to him and juddered, reaching out a three-fingered hand.
    [​IMG]
    The little dragon screamed in fright, bristled and arched his back, spitting out flame.
    Then he jumped back, off the head of BB-8 and dashed back to Daken, scrambling up to the man's shoulder.
    "Tag, your turn! Man, I wish Sora was here."

Tags: @darthbernael @Corellian_Outrider (@Sinrebirth)

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Rapunzel

New York? Andalasia? Rapunzel listened as Giselle explained her circumstances and how she came to be here. Those places didn’t sound familiar... save for Andalasia which sounded similar to Arendelle. Doubtful Andalasia and Arendelle were connected. She exchanged glances with Pascal who shrugged back to her. Maybe Eugene or Lance have heard of it.

Eugene and Lance... and Max and the others. She pursed her lips as she wished they were here too.

There was something Giselle had picked up which caught her eye and asked if it was a clue. A crumpled, folded paper. As Giselle unfolded it, Rapunzel leaned close.

What was that?

Rapunzel looked up to Merlin as he excused himself.

"Ladies, if you would please allow me, I think I should like to take to the air and to see if I can see anyone else. I'll stay within view and return to you straight away."

“Take care up there.” Rapunzel offered, watching with wide eyed curiosity at Merlin’s preparations while listening to Giselle. It’s not often one sees a wizard at work.

“...but, while you're...wherever you're going, maybe look for a landmark so we know where we are? That is, assuming you don't know where we are already?"

“We do have some sense of where we are... in the immediate sense but where exactly? And in relation to home?” Rapunzel shook her head. “Nothing. See the building over there?”

Rapunzel pointed out the main entrance of the bazaar. The rain was easing up enough to see the structure on the opposite side. There were scattered cargo crates outside and the wharf was just visible. She narrowed her gaze as she noticed that the creepy black bird from earlier had left. Of course it had left with this downpour., but where to?

“...it said something about a ‘Jungle cruise’... and there’s a river that winds away to, well, who knows where but there were trumpeting sounds of elephants...” she looked to Merida. “Were they elephants?”

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @E. L.Knight, @Trieste

~IC~ Black Widow

Nat eyed the direction Logan had suggested. The street was lined by a collection of cylindrical shaped buildings connected together with a few market stalls... She nodded in agreement with his assessment.

“The street also presents a better opportunity to hide than the open area of the port.” She whispered to Logan as they started off down the street.

Her eyes watchful, assessing places to hide or means of escape if they needed to... the cargo crates along the wall that could help get them up on the roof of the buildings. There were a few denizens going about their business although most were heading in the direction of the cantina they had just left. Quite a few were giving them odd looks as they passed them by.

“We might need a change of clothes too if we plan on staying longer...” Nat said from the side of her mouth as she noted most of the gaze were at their clothing. A low rumble passed overhead, Nat looked up to see craft flew low to the buildings. Judging the whine, it was coming in to land somewhere close. Was it related to the troopers or someone else?

The end of the street opened up to another junction. Ahead was a milk stand and two archways. One lead further along the street while the other turned right. To their left was a docking bay. Floodlights pointed at the craft that was parked there. The boarding ramp was lowered and several troopers milled about the landing struts. Nat double back and leaned to the wall for cover.

“Well... I don’t see anyone dressed in black as the commander... so these must be the reinforcements.” Nat whispered to Logan as she peeked around the corner. “What do you think? I suppose we could cross over to the side street or the other end without too much trouble....”

TAG: @darthbernael

~IC~ Eugene, BB-8

BB-8 rolled back from the talking lizard as it scampered about its body, the domed head swivelled and gave a curious tone as the creature addressed Eugene.

“It talks?!” Eugene gave the other man a bewildered look before composing his expression. “Sure, why not... these things just magically-“

"Watch out! HEARTLESS!" The lizard yelled.

Patches of shadowy darkness moved across then a strange impish thing popped out of one of them.

Eugene unsheathed the dagger he kept strapped to his right thigh as the lizard made a lot of noise and let out of small flame.

BB-8 rolled close to Eugene as the lizard leapt over to the other man. Next to them a second impish shadow being sprouted up.

“I’m not gonna lie, this is a bit of a freaky situation.” Eugene exclaimed as he turned to face the creature. “I hope you got a sword on you, buddy.”

BB-8 gave an affirmative warble and opened up a panel, producing an arc welder.

Eugene sharply glanced down. “I was talking to-“

A blue spark of electricity crackled from the tip.

“-Nevermind!”

TAG: @darthbernael, @darthhelinith, @Sinrebirth

21. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Daken

An amused smile played over Daken’s face as he watched Mushu play with the little mechanical thing by the other man’s side. He doubted the ‘dragon’ had ever seen something like it. All but forgotten was the arrogant little toy that was with them as Mushu leaped up and puffed himself out at what appeared to be a shadow of some sort.

A jet of flame and suddenly Mushu was perched back on his shoulder once more. The other man began to speak and the droid by his side answered, but Daken knew that the man had been asking him. “A sword...a sword, silly little man.” he responded.

There was a slightly drawn out sound of metal sliding against metal and the two upper adamantium claws on both hands slid out. “I carry my own blades, all the time.” he quipped. Turning, he faced the shadows that were creeping closer. His senses surged and he began an almost unconscious scan of the grounds to see if there was anything else out there or something animating these things.

A step forward, arms crossing and blades sliding against each other with an ominous hiss, even as he tried not to knock Mushu off, “This looks to be fun, whatever the heck they are.”

TAGS: @darthhelinith, @Corellian_Outrider, @Sinrebirth

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Logan
    Galaxy’s Edge

Logan kept his eyes and senses out as they made their way down the street. A little smile was on his face as he noticed the looks from the others. He had a feeling Nat too was noticing that their attire made them seem out of place and he wondered how long it would be before someone made a call and they had troops piling down on them, those white armored guys they’d run into before.

He paused as she ducked her head around the corner of a crossroads of sorts and groaned slightly as she pulled back, letting him know about the troops. He ducked his head out and saw what she meant. To the left meant more trouble with what seemed to be the local heavies.

Ducking back, he thought quickly. He was sure they could take the troops and possibly their ship, if it was true there was no commander among them but that was just borrowing trouble. He took a sniff of the air and then thought some more. “Don’t think we’ll make it more than a few steps down the street toward those troops before they notice we’re not local.”

He glanced back out into the street and what their other options were. Nodding he looked to the side street, “That does seem our best option if we want to stay out of trouble. But, then again, when were either of us ones who avoided trouble....?”

TAG: @Corellian_Outrider

22. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Merlin
    Aventureland

Merlin was mumbling to himself. As he did so he faintly acknowledged the ladies as he took and breath and concentrated. As he did he quickly had blue light swirl about him and he transformed into a giant blue eagle and took off into the sky just as he'd arrived.

From above he could see that the land was indeed in sections, but it ws way more massive than just the Disney Park he'd visited before. It was truly amazing to see the patchwork the lanscape had become. He could see the "river" lead towards another "land" and was probably their best bet in finding others.

He flew back done to the awaiting ladies. As he did he sneezed and turned into a mouse, then another sneeze and he became a goat.

His face screw up into a look of utter confusion. "BLAST!"

He turned in three circles then stamped his feet. "It appears I am stuck like this....."
    TAG: @Trieste @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Nameless Man
    The Castle of Cinderella

His guests had shredded the two Heartless he sent; but no surprises there. With a chuckle, he gestured out a hand, and the gates to the castle opened with a loud creak of noise. His voice boomed out across the courtyard.

"I have Princess Cinderella here in my care..." his cultured voice rippled out, disembodied, threatening. "I would ask that you come. There is no need for us to fight, I merely wish to show you the truth about the darkness in your heart."

"All hearts!"

TAG: @darthhelinith, @Corellian_Outrider, @darthbernael
    ---

IC: Dr Facilier

Adventureland

Their shadows stretched, and Dr Facilier emerged from them, a chuckle to the end of his appearance.

"Giselle... Merida..." he said with a leer, ignoring Merlin and anyone else.

"I've made a deal with a man, and, well, he has some friends in low places." He clapped his hands, and an oversized Heartless appeared behind him. "He wants some Princesses, to see if they are of pure heart... seven pure lights, and he'll save the world!"

The Heartless was tall, with its knee as tall as a person!

[​IMG]

He cackled.

"Get them!"

TAG: @Trieste @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider, @E. L.Knight

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

Giselle watched as Merlin the eagle took flight, carving through the air in wide circles. She'd asked plenty of birds what flying was like, but had yet to receive a satisfactory response (then again, she'd probably given disappointing responses to their inquiries about what walking was like).

She had just made up her mind to ask Merlin on his return as he started spiraling back to the ground. Just before he reached them, he did something that Giselle hadn't known birds could do.

He sneezed.

She was 100% positive that she had never seen a bird sneeze. But he had and perhaps in acknowledgement of this miracle he promptly turned into a mouse.

Who also sneezed.

Sneezing mice were actually quite common, which made it even more surprising when he turned into a goat as a result. This time, he stayed as a goat, despite his wishes. (This was inconvenient to say the least--Giselle knew lots of mice and would have been able to have helped Merlin with his mousehood.) However, as usual, Giselle tried to find a silver lining to the situation.

"Well, at least you're very good at yoga now," Giselle told Merlin. "I've never seen a goat do yoga, but it's very popular."

Before anyone could compliment her on her knowledge of goat exercise, Giselle turned at the sound of a new visitor. She was about to greet him when he instead addressed her by name. She was quite sure that they'd never met before, but was about to roll with it...until he called a shadow creature-thing and instructed it to attack.

Giselle was no stranger to battle. She'd faced worse than this in her time. Unfortunately...no, that would be too convenient. She was going to have to make do. She looked around--and saw the floor of the bazaar they'd just excited. There were broken merchandise stands, which included clothing racks. Giselle had dozens of them in her New York workshop. She looked at one of the broken racks, a tree that had four arms from which had once hung shirts. Two of the four arms had come off and those that remained looked flimsy. She gave each attached arm a stamp with her foot and they snapped off under the sudden pressure. She picked up the remaining central stand from the muddy floor. She wasn't sure it would hold up to much, but it was all she had now.

The redhead rushed back to her new companions, specifically Merlin the goat. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" she asked, makeshift lance in hand.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider, @E. L.Knight @Sinrebirth

25. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Daken

As the dark creatures seemed to disappear, the castle gates opened, creaking as though they desperately needed to be oiled. The voice that boomed out had that typical bad guy trying to appear benevolent sound to it. He began chuckling as it spoke.

By the time the man reached the end of his little speech he was almost rolling on the ground, laughing, Mushu seeming to have decided that he needed to leap off of his shoulder in the process.

He got back to his feet, wiping tears from his eyes, claws having sheathed themselves as he laughed. Gazing into the darkness of the gate, “Okkkaaayyyy, I guess anything is possible with all I’ve seen so far.” he muttered.

Raising his voice, “Who cares the darkness of one’s heart? I know just how dark mine is and I’m fine with it. You need to come up with a better incentive if you want my attention!” he called out to whoever the man was.

TAGS: @darthhelinith, @Corellian_Outrider, @Sinrebirth