main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *A Father Knows* - (J/Z) (Han) - *delurked* !!!COMPLETED 7/2!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZekksGoddess, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    A Father Knows
    By: ZekksGoddess

Disclaimer: I?m not making any money from this; don?t own anything?.same old, same old.

Rating: PG

Summary: Han Solo is reunited with an old friend of the twins. Things have got to be bad when he can see through the walls they?ve created, when even they can?t.

Keywords: Han Solo, Jaina, Jag, Zekk, Lowbacca, Tahiri

Pairings: J/Z

A/N: I know this isn?t the best, but the idea just wouldn?t go away until I wrote this!!
    I wanna know, gotta know, wanna know, gotta know
    Who do you love?
    Who do you love?
    Who do you love???
    -Backstreet Boys

When Fel turned and began to walk away, Han Solo finally gave in to the temptation to roll his eyes. Sure the kid was a great pilot and had some brains in that head of his, but? as far as Han was concerned, that was all the kid had going for him.

Closing the conference room door behind him as he left, Han?s thoughts stayed with Fel. He?d tried many, many times and he still couldn?t see what, exactly in all the nine Corellian hells his daughter saw in the kid.

His Jaina, his little girl?he prayed that her relationship with Fel wouldn?t progress any further. In fact, whenever Jaina showed the slightest signs of boredom or frustration with the relationship, Han secretly rejoiced. He wasn?t even sure what exactly he didn?t like about the kid?well, not in specificsanyway?

But Han was certain that there was someone out there who was better for his little girl. He began to run through a mental list of just who that could be when a loud crashing sound reverberated throughout the corridor.

Retreating a few steps, Han peered into the hangar bay. Seeing no one at first, he took a few steps inside, curious to know what the sound had been.

?You distracted me!? He heard a voice say, though it sounded more amused than anything. ?You should know by now not to bring her up!?

Her? Han wondered.

A grumbling reponse echoed back at the voice.

Han came around the side of the Falcon and caught sight of the crash?s source. At the far end of the hangar bay a young Wookiee lay sprawled on the floor, obviously having just experienced a large can of sealant fall onto his head. And by the looks of things, the can had been open?

It was a strange sight for Han. It brought back memories of himself and Chewie, of course, but?who was this kid Lowbacca was with? Normally Lowie was with Jaina?when she wasn?t busy with Jag, of course.

?Having a bad hair day, Lowie?? Han asked, chuckling as he moved closer. Lowbacca just looked up at him from the floor and growled something, his nose wrinkling.

The dark-haired young man laughed and turned toward Han. ?Don?t believe anything he says. It was his own fault.?

Han glanced at the boy and did a double-take. It couldn?t be?

?Zekk??

?Good to see you again.? Zekk responded with a quick grin, attempting to rub the grease of his hands with a spare rag. It didn?t seem to be working.

Han?s jaw could?ve dropped. He hadn?t realized just how long it had been since he?d seen Zekk. Certainly not since they?d been on Hapes?

Surprising himself, he moved forward and hauled the kid into a quick hug, clapping him on the back. Zekk seemed to be surprised by the gesture to, judging from the way his eyebrows shot up.

Lowbacca slowly stood, staring at Han strangely. Then he groaned something about sealant having strange side effects and headed into the ship, presumably to the refresher.

?Where?ve you been, kid?? Han asked, grinning. ?Seems like it?s been years.?

?Well, it has been years. That thing on Hapes was three years ago.?

?No.? Han responded disbelievingly, but Zekk just nodded. Had it really been that lo

2. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Very nice ( :D ), although I'm not sure I can see Han wanting any guy for his daughter, even Zekk. :p

Han came around the side of the Falcon and caught sight of the crash?s source. At the far end of the hangar bay a young Wookiee lay sprawled on the floor, obviously having just experienced a large can of sealant fall onto his head. And by the looks of things, the can had been open?

[face_laugh] I can't help but feel sorry for Lowie!

3. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    That was great. I can understand why Han would want someone else for his daughter. But I don't think he would give her up that easily.

I loved the part with Lowie. Again, it was lovely! Great job!!!

4. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    I like it.

-The Scummy-

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very nicely done! =D=

6. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    I'm here with bells on! I'm so glad to see this.
    Please tell me there will be more!

If so this is a great start. :D

If not, I need more! ;)

7. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    han solo knows what's best.

Great start!

8. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Excellent start!

And, um... ZG? Hence the name Captain Cardboard.

9. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Excellent story! I hope you write more! :D

10. angeladear

angeladear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Awesome! I love it and can't wait for more!

11. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Awww!!! That was really really sweet! I loved it! Zekk and Lowie made me laugh, and your characterization was great! I also love the fact that you didn't hook Jaina and Zekk up in the end; in fact, you didn't even have them see each other! It was a really nice touch! :)

12. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Wow, I didn't expect so many reviews!!:eek: Thanks everyone!!!! :D

JoE and JB I'm completely with you on the whole Han not wanting to give up his little girl thing, and i feel the same way about it. But like I said the plot bunny bit and wouldn't let go until I wrote something! :D

:eek: VaderLVR64 is here!! I absoloutley love your prequel stuff! *faints*

I'm here with bells on! I'm so glad to see this.
    Please tell me there will be more! If so this is a great start. If not, I need more!

Excellent story! I hope you write more!

Awesome! I love it and can't wait for more!

Wow, I'm glad you guys really like it!! *takes into consideration*

And, um... ZG? Hence the name Captain Cardboard.
    *giggles* Hehe, Captain Cardboard truly is the perfect name for him...it's almost sad... :D

13. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Lusa-Thul: Thanks! :D Glad you enjoyed it!! But hang on, I'm a-workin' on getting the next chapter started... I put this first one up as something that could pass for a one-poster or teh beginning of a short story to see if people would like it or not...and so far I think I'm going for the short story...:D

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, I like this!

Yes, Han. Jag has no personality. Zekk is a lot better for your daughter. Why she can't see it is beyond me...

15. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    RK_Striker_JK_5: I agree completely...and thanks!

Chapter Two

Zekk had thrown himself into the pilot?s chair about ten standard minutes ago and he hadn?t moved since. His emerald eyes stared out in front of him, as though he were trying to seek hidden answers from a place they would most certainly not be given.

He didn?t even notice Lowbacca staring at him until the Wookiee bellowed at him, the shout coupled with a gentle thump to the back of his head.

Zekk jolted forward, shocked at first, but then a grin overtook his expression and he settled back into his chair. A mischievous glint lurked within his eyes.

?I see you managed to get all that stuff out of your fur, huh??

Lowbacca growled in response, rolling his eyes at the younger Jedi as he dropped into the co-pilots seat. It was too small for him really, but his thin frame had allowed him to get by with it for the past month or so he?d been partnered with Zekk. The Wookiee had the feeling the chair had always been intended for someone much smaller than he?perhaps human, as well?.and female?

?Master Lowbacca has asked me to assure you, though he seems rather sullen about it, Master Zekk, that without your assistance it would not have been possible.? EmTedee spoke up, hovering near the viewport, in front of Lowbacca. ?But he is more curious as to what occurred with you and Master Solo in his absence.?

Zekk was silent for a long moment, and Lowie fidgeted- from both discomfort in the awkward silence, and discomfort with the too-small chair. When Zekk finally spoke, Lowie?s golden eyes studied him intently.

?Well, we only talked for a minute or two, really. He was pretty shocked at how long it?d been since we saw each other last, and then he got a call from Jaina and had to go meet her or something.?

The words left Zekk?s mouth bit slower than normal speech, and Lowbacca knew that Zekk was taking great care in the emphasis of his words. The young Wookiee could see right through Zekk?s attempt to sound nonchalant.

?Mistress Jaina is here?? EmTeedee spoke up brightly, his photoreceptors glowing. ?Oh, how delightful! I should very much like to see her again. She is the one, of course, who has made the most use of me- aside from you, Master Lowbacca. Oh it could be just like old ti-? Zekk looked over as the little droid?s voice died, and saw that he lay in Lowbacca?s big hands, switched off.

There was a small pause, not a minute long, and a question rumbled forth from the young Wookiee. To Zekk?s understanding, his Wookiee friend had said ?She?s here??

Zekk nodded, and he picked up a datapad that had lain on the console before him moments before, beginning to fiddle with it. ?According to Han, she is. And you can probably trust him to know one of his kids when he sees them.?

Lowbacca agreed, and tentatively suggested that Zekk go see her. For old time?s sake, at least. Of course, he?d been down this particular road with Zekk countless times before, and could easily predict the young Jedi?s response by now.

Zekk?s emerald eyes swung up to meet the golden ones of the young Wookiee. ?Oh yeah, and what if Fel happens to be around, huh? What would I do then? Just march on in and start a conversation??

Zekk shook his head and turned his gaze to the datapad again. ?Besides, if I showed up I?d probably get a door slammed in my face. And that?s not really something to look forward to.?

Lowbacca growled, wondering how Zekk knew Jaina would turn him away. After all, you never know?

Zekk just shrugged. ?Well, maybe she wouldn?t. But even if she didn?t, there?s still the whole thing with Fel?Sithspawn, I can?t even look at the guy without this sudden urge to shove him into an escape pod and ship him into the Unknown Regions.?

Lowbac

16. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    And THAT, ladies and gents, is the sarcastic, insecure Zekk we know and love! *reads YJK again because she now thinks her own fics need revising*

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Go get your girl, Zekk! Go see her! Lowie's right! Go, you fool. Go!

You've got her chair right there. Go beat up your imperfect clone and sweep her off her feet!

18. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Excellent story! :D I loved that last post. Go to your woman, Zekk! :D

19. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I'm so glad you've decided to continue this! :D

The Wookiee had the feeling the chair had always been intended for someone much smaller than he?perhaps human, as well?.and female?

I wonder who that would be ... ;)

?Mistress Jaina is here?? EmTeedee spoke up brightly, his photoreceptors glowing. ?Oh, how delightful! I should very much like to see her again. She is the one, of course, who has made the most use of me- aside from you, Master Lowbacca. Oh it could be just like old ti-? Zekk looked over as the little droid?s voice died, and saw that he lay in Lowbacca?s big hands, switched off.

[face_laugh] EmTeedee is always so wonderfully subtle. :p

there?s still the whole thing with Fel?Sithspawn, I can?t even look at the guy without this sudden urge to shove him into an escape pod and ship him into the Unknown Regions.?

Zekk, I am quite familiar with that particular feeling. [face_plain] :p

?Well, it?d be a lot easier if Jaina?s happiness wasn?t what made me happy.?

[face_love] [face_love]

20. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Aww... Poor Zekkie-kun!!! *hugs him*

He didn?t even notice Lowbacca staring at him until the Wookiee bellowed at him, the shout coupled with a gentle thump to the back of his head.

Zekk jolted forward, shocked at first, but then a grin overtook his expression and he settled back into his chair. A mischievous glint lurked within his eyes.

?I see you managed to get all that stuff out of your fur, huh??

*snickers* That's funny.

Zekk just shrugged. ?Well, maybe she wouldn?t. But even if she didn?t, there?s still the whole thing with Fel?Sithspawn, I can?t even look at the guy without this sudden urge to shove him into an escape pod and ship him into the Unknown Regions.?

I wanna do something like that to Fel but it's a little more violent.

?Well, it?d be a lot easier if Jaina?s happiness wasn?t what made me happy.?

Hmmm... that does present a bit of a problem, eh?

Great job!!! I loved it! I can't wait until the next chapter!!!

21. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL at the bad hair day. And this could be interesting.

22. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    It seems Zekk still hasn't learned that waiting for the right moment is a losing game; one makes their own right moment. Classic Zekk.
    I of course love how Zekk is a really a very decent guy, to a fault even.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

23. angeladear

angeladear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Aww poor Zekk! Ya know,... wouldn't it be just to gosh darn bad if fel had a little accident involving a reactor core... What? *Blinks innocently* Great story I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.

24. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Vongchild:
    And THAT, ladies and gents, is the sarcastic, insecure Zekk we know and love!
    Thanks!! Hehe, isn't Zekk a cutie? [face_love]

RK_Striker_JK_5:
    You've got her chair right there. Go beat up your imperfect clone and sweep her off her feet!
    [face_laughing][face_laughing][face_laughing]][face_laughing]

Jaya Solo:
    Excellent story! I loved that last post.
    Thanks!! :D

JoE:
    I wonder who that would be ...
    Hehe...*sly grin*

Zekk, I am quite familiar with that particular feeling.
    As am I...as am I...

Jedi_Bubbles:
    I wanna do something like that to Fel but it's a little more violent.
    Hehe...sounds like a plan to me, Amanda!! :D

Hmmm... that does present a bit of a problem, eh? Certainly sounds like it..heh heh

DarthIshtar:
    LOL at the bad hair day. And this could be interesting.
    :D...Thanks!!

Neo-Paladin:
    It seems Zekk still hasn't learned that waiting for the right moment is a losing game; one makes their own right moment. Classic Zekk.
    *sniff* I pity the guy...I love how you phrased that by the way!

angeladear:
    Aww poor Zekk! Ya know,... wouldn't it be just to gosh darn bad if fel had a little accident involving a reactor core... What? *Blinks innocently* Great story I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. Hmm, would a thermal detonator thrown inside still qualify as an accident?? *evil chuckle*

25. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    You might want to put a note in the title when you update. :) (Just a friendly hint.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.