main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *A Father Knows* - (J/Z) (Han) - *delurked* !!!COMPLETED 7/2!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZekksGoddess, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Chapter tomorrow... maybe?!?! Hey, I'll take what I can get. As long as we get something I have no protests what so ever.

Essays? Ouch, I hate those. *shakes finger* Tsk, tsk, you shouldn't leave them to the last minute (is one to talk). Well, just get the post up sometime, no pressure. *sits and waits for post*

2. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    :D I'm in a super-fantastic mood right now!! I've finished my essay, school is over soon (one week!), aaaaaaaand:
    I've just discovered that this fic, A Father Knows has been nominated in the Summer Fanfic Awards for Best Short Story and Best Non-Human(Lowie) !!!
    I'm so excited now...post later tonight, just as soon as I finish editing it! :D

3. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Chapter Seven

________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Won't you look at me
    You're avoiding my gaze
    And it seems like you've changed
    In so many ways
    -Mariah Carey

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

?Jaina, we?ve got to talk.? Jag said, a serious expression written across his features, evident in the way his eyebrows had furrowed together.

?About what?? Jaina asked, raising an eyebrow. Her mind began wandering back to the events of that morning, when- but no?that couldn?t be what Jag wanted to talk about. At least she hoped not, there was no reason to talk about it after all?

Another question sprang to her mind, and she was struck by the oddness of the situation. Why did he want to have this discussion- it sounded important, after all- in the mess hall, of all places?

?I got a call from my father a few days ago.? He stated, sitting and motioning for Jaina to take the seat next to him. She did so, perching herself on the edge of the seat and pulling her tray closer as she picked up her utensil.

?Yeah, because you know?if you hadn?t cut to the chase right off that would?ve been really annoying.? Jaina commented, rolling her eyes and grinning at Jag as she poked into her food. She was in a great mood?she hadn?t felt this way in- in?a long time. It felt good.

?Jaina, this is serious. Can I just tell you this??

?Okay, I?ll be good.? Jaina responded with a mock pout, resisting the urge to roll her eyes and poking her utensil into her food again. She wasn?t sure if she dared to take a bite just yet. Usually, she waited for Jag to test the food first, and then she?d try it? but he seemed rather focused on talking today?

?I?ve been called back into Chiss Space.?

Jaina looked up from the suspicious-looking meal, her brandy eyes zeroing in on Jag. ?For how long??

?Well?permanently. They want me to take back control of my squadron and begin training with them again immediately.? He responded, his face expressionless.

?Ah?what excuse are you using this time?? She asked, turning back to her food. Sithspit, I?m hungry. Can?t Jag just take a little bite?a tiny one?

?Excuses won?t work. Besides, I?m not fond of lying to the military.? Jag replied, a small grin tugging at the corners of his mouth. Growing serious again, he continued. ?I leave within the week.?

?Hold on?you?re really leaving?? Jaina asked, her attention successfully drawn away from the meal that rested on her tray. She was silent for a long moment before speaking again. ?Tell me, how long ago exactly, did you get this call??

Jag shrugged, starting to become rather uncomfortable. Others within the mess hall were starting to throw them strange looks. ?Um?they notified me about four standard days ago?we were in hyperspace near the Anoat system.?

?Four days ago?? Jaina asked in disbelief. ?Thanks so much for the update.?

?Well I don?t have a choice. I have to go. I just wasn?t sure how to tell you.? Jag insisted, his forest green eyes clouding with confusion. Jaina was upset, sure?but not nearly as upset as he pictured?

?There?s always a choice. You don?t have to do anything.? Jaina retorted, pushing away her meal tray. She?d lost her appetite completely.

?You do when you know your duty.? Jag responded, finally picking up a utensil and poking it into his own food.

Jaina stared at him for a long moment, her eyebrows raised. Fire lurked in her eyes the next time her mouth opened. Quietly, she murmured, ?Are you saying I don?t know duty??

?Of course not. It?s just that you?re a lot more?freelance than I am.? Jag replied, tasting his meal. It wasn?t bad either, as far as he was concerned. Could?ve used a little less spice though.

Jaina just sat there, staring at him. He?d just told her that he was leaving- which she?d already decided she woul

4. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Congrats on the nominations, ZG! :D [:D]

Jag took another bite before speaking again. She didn?t notice the strange, appraising look he gave her, or the slow, strange manner in which he spoke the words. ?Well, you know?with that Zekk fellow around??

Looks like someone's a little jealous ... ;) [face_mischief]

Tahiri nodded vehemently. ?Now we?ve just got to get Jaina and Zekk to be partners?you know, for his mission!?
    Han nodded slowly, sinking into a nearby chair. ?We?ve got about two weeks to work on it, so don?t worry yet??

Oh, I'm very, very worried. [face_plain] :p

(P.S. Thanks for the PM. :))

5. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Nice update!

I personally like J/J but this fic is still superb.

-The Scummy-

6. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    *laughs* [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Now, tell me. Am I being reasonable that there's gonna more to this than that? I.e. Jag being a lovely pain in the- *stops as mother walks in, smiles inoccently*

More soon, please!

~*~Austyn

7. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Great update - now I wonder what Han and Tahiri have up their sleeves???

oldj

8. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Excellent post and congradulations on the nominations! [face_whistling]

Hm... but if Zekk leaves... that won't be good. Let's hope he doesn't! :D

Jag's an idiot. :D

9. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    I wonder what han and tahiri will do next.

10. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    ?We have our own lives, let?s go with that?? She paused for a moment and tilted her head. ?Goodbye Jag.?

:eek: [face_laugh] :D =D= [face_dancing] YES!!!!!! VICTORY!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD IT IS TO READ THAT!!!!!! JAG WAS REJECTED!!!! 'BOUT TIME TOO!!!!

Awesome job!!!! This... this is just great!!! You have made my week!!! Thank you!!!!

11. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Mwahaha!!! I LOVE how Jag gats Dumped! ZEKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait 4 more! ;) :D Courtney

12. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    This can't be on the second page yet! UP!

I re-read it!!! Jag still got dumped!!! *goes crazy... again*

13. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    ?Goodbye Jag.?

Did I read right? YYAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

So wonderfully written. :)

Can't wait to see Zekk's reaction when he finds out.

edit: too many exclamation points...oops...he he

14. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    JoE:
    Congrats on the nominations
    Thanks!! :D I don't expect to win anything, but I'm just so excited to be nominated!

Looks like someone's a little jealous ...
    Hehehehe :D

Oh, I'm very, very worried.
    With good reason, too.

(P.S. Thanks for the PM.)
    No problem!

-RebelScum-:
    Nice update! I personally like J/J but this fic is still superb.
    Thanks, I;m glad you enjoy it!! (Even though you are a J/J-er.... (just kidding!))

Daughterofflame:
    [face_laugh] We'll see... :D

oldjedinurse:
    Great update - now I wonder what Han and Tahiri have up their sleeves???
    Well, Han and Tahiri have run into a bit of a problem already. They think they still have two weeks, while Zekk on the other hand, thinking Jaina is about to be engaged, has decided to leave the very next morning. Oy, what a predicament...

Jaya_Solo:
    Excellent post and congradulations on the nominations!
    Thanks very much! I don't expect to win anything, but it's amazing just to be nominated! :D
    Hmm...judging from your suspicous whistling...would you happen to have nominated me for anything? lol

Hm... but if Zekk leaves... that won't be good. Let's hope he doesn't!
    Everything is pretty much down to that now. No one knows he's leaving but him...they still think there's two weeks left...

Jag's an idiot.
    [face_laugh] I heartily agree!

NEW READER!!! Welcome Valin_Halcyon!!
    I wonder what han and tahiri will do next.
    hehe, question of the day, isn't it? :D

Jedi_Bubbles:
    YES!!!!!! VICTORY!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD IT IS TO READ THAT!!!!!! JAG WAS REJECTED!!!! 'BOUT TIME TOO!!!!
    Awesome job!!!! This... this is just great!!! You have made my week!!! Thank you!!!!

I re-read it!!! Jag still got dumped!!! *goes crazy... again*
    *blinks*
    Your welcome...:D (Thanks for the UPS by the way!)

Courtney_Solo:
    Mwahaha!!! I LOVE how Jag gats Dumped! ZEKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait 4 more!
    :D :D

DathomiranAuthor:
    Did I read right? YYAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep, you did! :D

So wonderfully written.
    Aww, thanks!

Can't wait to see Zekk's reaction when he finds out.
    .....:D

edit: too many exclamation points...oops...he he
    [face_laugh]

15. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    More, please! I'm enjoying this too much. *goes back to re-re-read post and make sure it stays the same*

16. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Wow, I'm guessing you really like Jag getting turned down, ey there Amanda? :D

17. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    Yes, this has never happened before, I'm ecstatic.

18. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Han, I would start worring.

I love J/Z together. [face_love]

19. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Hurray! Another NEW READER!! Welcome jacen200015!!

I love J/Z together.
    Oooh, and a J/Zer at that!! :D

20. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    Too far down, sorry if I'm bugging you with my constant 'upping' but it's too good to go down.

EDIT: Post soon?

21. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I have to echo the other sentiments of the thread

WHOHOO!!! Yay, Jag got dumped and never saw it coming *snicker*

Awesome post :D

I loved it, I can't wait to see what Zekk thinks when he find out...

22. angeladear

angeladear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    AWESOME! Woo Hoo, Jag gets dumped! *does happy dance of joy* 'In sing song voice' 'jag gets dumped, jag gets dumped!' Great chapter i can't wait for the next one!

23. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Jedi_Bubbles:
    Too far down, sorry if I'm bugging you with my constant 'upping' but it's too good to go down.
    Bugging me? Psh, I should be thanking you...your upping is probably gaining me some readers! besides...it makes me feel special..[face_love] :D

EDIT: Post soon?

Hmm, I've got a two more pretty big finals left, but things are looking hopeful for a new post sometime between Thursday afternoon and Friday...all I have then is a gym final and then SUMMER VACATION!! YEEHAA!!

Jade_Max:

WHOHOO!!! Yay, Jag got dumped and never saw it coming *snicker*
    I must say, it was one of my favorite chapters to write :D

Awesome post

I loved it, I can't wait to see what Zekk thinks when he find out...
    :D

angeladear:
    AWESOME! Woo Hoo, Jag gets dumped!
    :D Hehe, that seems to be the major focus with everyone...lol

Great chapter i can't wait for the next one!

Glad you're still liking it!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
    QUICK AUTHOR'S NOTE

A Father Knows has become a qualifying fic for Best Non-Human, while it has received 2 noms for Best Short Story!! Thanks so much to anyone who nominated me! :D [:D]

24. Half-Pint

Half-Pint Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    I love how Han always manages to get himself in loads of trouble of these things. He must wear a sign on the back of his head or something saying Trouble Come Find Me Please, or something along those lines.

I also love how Leia knows her scoundrel so well that she lets him have his fun.. most of the time.. and doesn't pay it too much mind.. most of the time.. until he gets in such BIG trouble that she must get involved. It is very refreshing to see such a relationship exsist today... even though this is the star wars universe... :)

25. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    P.E. finals? Ouch, most of us got exempt because we had a paper she told us to keep at the beginning of the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.