main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Father's Heart (J/J, Soontir Fel)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmpressJainaSoloFel, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Sorry I've fallen behind on replying. :(

I'm still reading, though, and really enjoying it. :D

2. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    I have the next post nearly ready, just a few tweaks before I'm happy enough with it to post it.

oldjedinurse: The Fel sibs are so much fun, as are their parents. I mean, I'm having so much fun with them that I don't get why on earth profic doesn't work with them more. You did read it right, ojn. Soontir is still pretty worried about what the Chiss have planned for him. And the next chapter is much longer, although I don't know how many of those I can do, they're hard to write! Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it.

Rogue11JSF: Woot! Thank you so much!

Kailene: Jaina has learned a lot about being the Sword, and with Jagged by her side she's learning even more. As for Jag, well, my readers deserve that image! You are all so wonderful, this story wouldn't be going anywhere without you all. Thanks!

Jainasolo101: I'm glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for dropping in!

Chimpo_the_Sith: Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying!

TheSwordJainaSoloFel: The dynamic between Jag and Jaina has been really hard to capture, I keep needing to tweak chapters before I'm happy with it. But at this point, they really have hit their stride as a couple. They understand, love, and trust each other,and that's something I really wanted to bring out. As for the drool, well, my keyboard suffered too... ;-) Thanks for reading!

miranda82: Thanks for reading and letting me know you enjoyed!

Master_Jaina1011: As far as the hair, she gets it from her grandma. I wish I had it too! More is on the way! Thanks!

carr3107: No story with Jaina is complete without an ActionJaina. Soontir is struggling with not having been around Jag for a little while, so he really is noticing the difference, and I'm not quite sure he's fully comprehended it all yet. Thanks for the fantastic beta!

JFEL13: Jaina is wonderful because she's so strong, but she's now learned the value of leaning on people. She's learned the difference between wisdom and weakness, and I'm not sure that's quite something she understood at the end of the NJO. Thanks for reading!

jaina-Fett: I'm glad you had fun, and Jaina does get the guy! Her life has been so messed up, it's about time she does get it all. There's still a price attached, but she's finally got a chance at happiness. Thanks for responding!

EGKenobi: You're added! I appreciate the response, Soontir has been so underused, and he's so kick-butt in his own right that he needs a moment in the spotlight.

Darth_Lex: The fact that you're responding is good enough for me! Thanks!

Current PM List:
    Kailene
    TheSwordJainaSoloFel
    jedikatie26
    Aurelius11
    _sticks
    jaina-Fett
    Rogue11JSF
    JordanCHFel
    Jainasolo101
    EGKenobi

3. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    Okay, I couldn't help myself, I stayed up late to get the next post up. Enjoy!

Chapter 7

As Soontir entered the cockpit of the Starflare, he couldn?t help but smile. The sleek ship had lifted off Coruscant days earlier, and was nearly to Yaga Minor. Syal?s shoe collection was packed safely in the hold, thanks to Jaina, who had offered to help levitate the collection down to the hangar. Now that he had met her, Soontir knew with a certainty that his son had chosen very well. While Jaina could look at home in the most expensive of formalwear, she had a distinct practical side. He couldn?t help but respect how she held her chin high, no matter what the Force threw her way, and how she always acted in the best interest of others, and the galaxy as a whole, regardless of the cost to herself. Once onboard the Starflare, she had quickly changed into a comfortable black jumpsuit and busied herself making the minor repairs he simply hadn?t had time for. She had quipped that she needed to find a way to keep her manicurist busy but Soontir had sensed that working on a ship was her way of relieving stress.

Jagged had remained quiet about what business he would be seeing to when they reached Yaga Minor, despite numerous attempts to get him to talk. The best of Cem?s intelligence training, and all of the experience that was Wyn?s by virtue of being a little sister had had no effect. By unspoken agreement, no one had tried questioning Jaina, despite the fact that she was clearly in on the secret. All that Soontir had been able to glean from Jag was that his aide, Vitor Reige, would be meeting them there. The news that his son had chosen to keep Reige shouldn?t have been surprising, but Soontir was struck again by the new circle his son moved in. As the hyperspace reversion alert chimed, Soontir settled in the pilot?s seat to ready the ship for reversion. As he heard footsteps behind him, he realized that not everyone was asleep.

?Would you be willing to copilot for me?? He was sure it was Jaina behind him, the rustling of silk skirts gave her away every time.

?I?d be happy to.? She settled easily into the seat on his right, already familiarizing herself with the instrument panel. Quick steps behind him announced Jagged?s presence in the cockpit. After softly kissing the top of Jaina?s head, he moved to strap himself into the seat behind her. Soontir smiled again, remembering the days when he and Syal had been young and in love. Over time, their love had deepened in ways Soontir had never though possible. Knowing that his son had finally found the same happiness pleased him greatly.

As Jaina helped him bring the ship back into realspace and lay in the heading as per Jag?s instructions, Soontir suddenly realized where they were going. The star destroyer he was looking at was easily half again as large as a Super Star Destroyer. Though he tried, he was sure he hadn?t managed to keep the shock off of his face, and Jag?s smirk confirmed his suspicion. As the Starflare settled into the forward docking bay, Jagged?s smirk disappeared, replaced by a look of deep pride. ?Welcome aboard the Pellaeon?s Legacy, first of the Ultra-class Star Destroyers and my new flagship.?

Jag and Jaina led the way, arm-in-arm, to the boarding ramp, quietly discussing something. Given the expressions on their faces, Soontir thought whatever it was might be rather funny. He shook his head as he went to wake Syal, only to find her already emerging from their quarters. Cem and Wynn emerged as well, and made their way to the boarding ramp. He offered his arm to his wife, not for the first time musing on how lucky he was, and led her down the boarding ramp.

?Father, may I present Vitor Reige, my chief aide? Vitor, this is my father, Baron Soontir Fel; my mother, Syal Fel; my brother Cem, and sister Wynn.? Soontir extended his hand to his son?s aide, only to feel the warm that filled him moments ago be replaced by ice. The look in Reige?s eyes stated quite clearly that there was bad news. Knowi

4. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Wow! Beautiful wedding ceremony, even if it was planned quickly. Poor Han & Leia, their only child left got married and they couldn't be there. Still, I guess there will be the formal public ceremony later.

Those Moffs aren't going to like this one, not one bit!

5. TheSwordJainaSoloFel

TheSwordJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 3, 2008
    Nice job of showing both of J/J's emotions without showing too much, right in character for those two.
    Very lovely wedding, Wedge is the perfect person to marry those two, imo.
    The Corellian wedding blessing was beautiful.[face_love]
    with Fel stubbornness, Solo luck, and the Force, all things were possible.
    Sounds like the Felpire's motto lol.:p

6. JFEL13

JFEL13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2009
    Ohhhh, that was wonderful!! I loved the Corellian Wedding Blessing. The brothers' scene was sweet too. Now I can't wait to see how the Moffs react! Also it'd be great to do the celebration with the Solos - all kinds of things could go wrong and right there. Great post.....anxiously awaiting your next!:)

7. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Instead of quoting lines that I loved or telling you all the positives included in this chapter (there are a great many!), I'm only going to say that this addition to your story appeared on a night when I dearly needed something of beauty, warmth, charm, and family. No doubt J/J will face many trials, but I agree with Soontir that they are uniquely equipped to handle them.

Fantastic work! The wedding was simple and elegant--a shame that Leia and Han missed it, but great that Soontir made a vid for them.

[:D]

8. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    I couldn't even begin to quote my favorite lines, the entire piece was so beautiful, sweet and touching. I especially loved the wedding vows. [face_love]
    The Moffs are going to be furious that their plan is going to backfire. :D

Can't wait for another update.

9. collywolly

collywolly Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    wow this is a really good story. I like is very much. =D=

10. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Nice job!

11. JordanCHFel

JordanCHFel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2009
    Oh I LOVE IT ITS SOOOOO GOOD I WANT MORE!!!!

12. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    I do love that wedding blessing. I've enjoyed watching you set the stage, so to speak.

Good writing.

13. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    Finally they are married after many trials and difficulties. The wedding was beautiful, bummer that Han and Leia couldn't be there.
    Now they just have to deal with the Moffs, assume their reign as emperor and empress, and deal with everything else the galaxy decides to throw at them. Not a problem. :D :D

14. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
  15. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    Please [face_praying] [face_praying]

16. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I'm sorry, DRL has me very firmly in its grasp. I just got promoted at work, and it's kept me very busy. I'm trying to update as soon as I can.

17. olso3856

olso3856 Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2008
    Ooh! I absolutely loved the wedding! And the scene between the brothers was absolutely fantastic :D

Sorry to hear about DRL...he gets us all at one point or another!

18. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    That was a beautiful post. Sad that Han and Leia weren't there but it was special that Soontir and Syal were. Its about time they got maried though.

Can't wait for more!

19. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    I'm sorry! I'm not trying to pressure you--but this story is truly missed. CONGRATS on the promotion!! =D=

We'll be waiting for the next installment. ;)

20. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    Sorry to hear that DRL has a firm grasp on you, but congrats on the promotion. =D=

This story is missed and I eagerly await more when time is free.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello:

Oh, my!! This is a great read! The use of another character to showcase the "main" ones while also showing off their personality is quite a great way to do the J&J pairing. =D= The blessing was gorgeous, wise, and sweet. I love this part of the J&J tale--they've really come into getting what they so richly deserve--and they're probably thinking: Why in blazes did we wait this long? [face_laugh] That whole DN /Joiner thing was totally wacked. :p

Congratulations on the promotion. @};-

What really rips is when DRL gets a hold, authors get pulled gradually further away, and before you know it, yikes, months have gone by, and their threads are totally dusty!!! :eek: :p

And the readers totally frustrated LOL

22. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I'm actually working on the next chapter, it's just going very slowly. I realized that I forgot to do replies after this last chapter, so I'll try and get those up tonight. Some part of me thought I did them, lol. I will try to get the next chapter off to the beta this week.

23. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    [face_dancing] YESSSSS!!!

24. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    First off, sooooooo sorry I didn't do replies! I honestly thought I did them until I looked at this thread again.

dm1: Thanks! Lol, and Leia is sure going to make up for missing the first wedding with the public one...

TheSwordJainaSoloFel: I bounced around with who should perform the ceremony but kept coming back to Wedge. Thanks, and I can't take credit for the blessing. I forgot to include it with the chapter, but this is actually a Native American wedding blessing, I want to say Apache. I stumbled across it while looking for something else, and it inspired the whole chapter.

JFEL13: The Moffs won't be happy, but they're going up against Corellians, lol. They have no chance. And the celebration with Solos shall be interesting indeed :-D

oldjedinurse: Thanks for your support while writing this story. I'm so glad this appeared when you needed it. I love it when I need a pick-me-up and one of my fave authors updates.

Kailene: Thank you so much! The Moffs are going to be quite interesting to write. Another update shall be coming soon.

collywolly: Thanks for dropping in! I'm glad you enjoyed :-D

Solo_and_Fel: Thanks!

JordanCHFel: More is on the way! Thanks for reading.

Carr3107: You've helped so much with setting that stage, this story would be nowhere near as awesome without your help.

jaina-Fett: For those two, no problem at all, lol. Han and Leia will understand, but Leia is sure going to want to compensate...

ojn: Thanks for the bump!

Kailene: Your wish is about to come true!

olso3856: Thanks! The Fel brothers are just awesome to write. I've decided that DRL is evil. Why can't the Sword kick his tush too?

Master_Jaina1011: It sure is about time! It's bugging me in profic like no other, lol. Oh well, that's what fanfic is for, right? :-D

ojn: Thanks!

Kailene: Thanks to you too!

Jade_eyes: Soontir was a random idea, and I thought I'd try it out. Once I started using his POV, I got hooked. He's the perfect character to work with, because he's human enough that you can put some good emotion in there, yet observant enough to keep track of what's going on, and action-oriented enough to move the plot along. I agree that the DN/Joiner thing was nuts. Thanks, the promotion is nice. Fewer migraines :-D I'm fighting DRL like mad right now because I don't want this story to vanish.

ojn: You're too cute!

25. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I'm just getting ready to send the next chapter to my fab beta. Thanks everyone for being so supportive. DRL has been just crazy. Next up: Soontir and Jaina have a talk.