main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT A few connections to the prequels in the OT

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by StartCenterEnd, Nov 10, 2018.

1. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    1. Luke goes to cloud city as part of a Sith Lord's ploy to tempt him to the dark side and brings R2 who he is separated from and never reunited again for the duration of his time on Bespin. R2 hitches a ride with Luke's friends. Same as Anakin traveling to Mustafar as part of a Sith Lord's ploy, with R2 who is separated from him for the duration of his time there and R2 hitches a ride with Anakin's former friends instead. The difference is Luke's friends are able to rescue him while Anakin is abandoned.

2. In Return of the Jedi, Anakin is late for a rebel alliance council briefing and runs in at the last minute. "I'm with you too!" Anakin is late for a Jedi council briefing in ROTS. "I'm sorry I'm late. I was held up. I have no excuse." Both were previously talking to Yoda.

3. Anakin talks to Obi Wan and Padme about having visions of his mother and saying he has no choice but to go to her. Luke has visions of his father and tells Leia he has no choice but to go to him. Luke talks about his mother in same scene too.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. StartCenterEnd

May 2, 2006
    4. "You knew the boy was going to win! Somehow you knew it!"

"I know...somehow...I've always known."

"I knew you'd come back, I just knew it!"

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Lulu Mars likes this.
  3. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    The first one even has Anakin, in both scenarios, trying to win a family member over to his side so they can overthrow the Emperor and rule the galaxy together (In ROTS, he does it before the duel and in TESB, he does it after).
    In that scene, his wife says "I don't believe what I'm hearing!" and his son says "That's not true! That's impossible!" - but later on, they both go "There is still good in him"...

Eerie!

StartCenterEnd likes this.
  4. StartCenterEnd

May 2, 2006
    “We must leave before more security droids arrive.”

“We better get indoors. Sand people are easily startled but they’ll soon be back and in greater numbers.”

“Take this! And this!”

“I have you now!”

whostheBossk likes this.