main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A fun Challenge from your fanfic mods

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Herman Snerd, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I'm in. I my have to give up sleep though. But I can't resist temptation. I don't even try anymore. And I do so [face_love] love [face_love] interesting writing challenges. I'm not sacrificing any of my half finished stories though. I'll have to write a whole new one just for this...

I'm sure I will have questions in 10 minutes after I have reread all the existing questions and answers and realized I still need to know something...

Oh, yes, there was the other still unanswered question of are we supposed to end mid-sentence or even mid-word? I plan to since it is that extra bit of sithliness that makes the idea so tempting... unless told I can't, of course.

And I'm assuming all our formatting should be in the form of [ i]italicized text[ /i] to make life easier for the other writer, yes?

And a little bit at the top saying italics is for thoughts or what have you for consistancy, yes?

KD

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I hate you all! I just want you to know that. This is a truly wicked little bunny...

I think I just got bitten by a rabid bunny. Darn it! :mad:

3. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    OK... now I have ANOTHER question! Is the 5,000 words the part I submit to be added ON TO... or is the ENTIRE story, my part and the mystery author's, supposed to be a TOTAL of 5,000 words??? I will have to rethink this story if it's a TOTAL of 5,000 words!

4. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    This seems cool. I just might do this. [face_thinking]

[face_skull]darth_nemisis[face_skull]

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    You can end in mid-sentence if you really want to. Just remember, part II is that you need to pick up the challenge, so you'd better be ready to finish someone else's sentence! ;)

It's UP TO 5000 words for the each part. You can have less than that.

Renata has obviously been a bad influence on me.

Let it be known that MY evil idea was nowhere near so complicated. :D This one was Herman's, I just helped elaborate on this. Now... here, bunny bunny bunny...

6. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Is the 5,000 words the part I submit to be added ON TO... or is the ENTIRE story, my part and the mystery author's, supposed to be a TOTAL of 5,000 words???

5000 words is the longest that the first part of the story can be. There is no set length for the entire story. That'll depend on how long it takes the finishing author to complete what the starting author sets up.

Part one of the story can end however you like. Cliffhangers will be especially evil since it forces the finishing author to begin his/her work with a tough decision. [face_mischief]

Curses to Renata for posting just before me. [face_plain] ;)

7. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Sounds awesome! Of course, now I have to do it. Silly plot bunnies!

8. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Sounds interesting, Herman. I shouldn't do this, but I think I will. Now, to come up with a plot bunny [face_thinking]

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    One question: can we do more than one? I'm asking because a co-author approached me with a story idea which would work really well with this challenge. But I also have a story that has a beginning, in fact has been sitting here in my computer for months now, and it needs an ending. So, if we are willing to finish two, can we submit two? I still haven't decided if I'm up the challenge at all, but I might as well figure out how insane I want to be.

10. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Hm, good question, VaderLVR. The one glitch I could see is if we don't have enough people to write the part IIs. I suppose you'd better limit it to one, for now. If other people want to submit more than one, so that we can match up the part IIs, then we can say yes.

Bunnies... yoo hoo, you furry little...

11. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    I am going to agree with Renata. Let's keep it to one fic per person right now. You never know if DRL is going to come along and bite someone leaving the second part of the challenge short authors. (We hope not!)

edit: speeling ;)

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    You never know if DARL is going to come along and bite someone leaving the second part of the challenge short authors.

That's what I'm doing wrong! I don't HAVE a real life! Silly me! [face_laugh]

Thanks for answering so fast. This is a terrible, wicked little challenge. Bad mods, bad mods! [face_shame_on_you]

13. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Here's a question.

Do you have to submit a first half of a story or can you just volunteer to finish a story that might not have someone to finish it?

I'm plot-bunny less (I've never been very good with the Saga) but I'd love to try and finish someone else's piece.

14. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Do you have to submit a first half of a story or can you just volunteer to finish a story that might not have someone to finish it?

You must submit a first half of a story to be eligible to finish someone else's story. Consider it the price of admission. :)

15. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Go to the Plot Bunny thread, JadeMax, and adopt one. (I know, I'm having the same problem...)

16. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Aw shucks... ok, I'll see if I can come up with something...

And thanks, I just might try adopting a plot bunny!

17. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Herman Snerd, did you get my story? I PMed it to you. :)

18. Ob-Ewan

Ob-Ewan Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2002
    Sweet... This is a great idea! Count me in. [face_dancing]

EDIT: Just to clarify, does the Saga include the no-movie-land between ROTS and ANH?

19. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    EDIT: Just to clarify, does the Saga include the no-movie-land between ROTS and ANH?

Saga is anything that takes place between the beginning of TPM and the end of ROTJ. So yes, no-movies-land is fine. :)

20. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    If you PMed it, I got it.

Five days left until the submission deadline. :)

21. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Awesome! Thanks for letting me know! :)

22. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Mine's in. :)

23. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

mine's almost done!! :p

24. Ob-Ewan

Ob-Ewan Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2002
    Few more finishing touches, and then I'm good to go as well... :)

25. Ob-Ewan

Ob-Ewan Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2002
    It's away... I can't wait to get this rolling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.