main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A George Lucas Movie for $1,000?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Happy Ninja, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Okay, you might have seen the posting on TFN, but I was wondering, do you think that he could make a film for $1000, and if so, what do you think he would do?

I've heard that Lucas maybe interested in doing some documentry work. I'm sure that he could make a documentry on a shoestring budget, and I'd be interested in seeing what he could come up with.

P.S. I'm not sure if this would belong in this thread, so please close it if it should go somewhere else, or if there is an alternate thread already going.

EDIT: Fixed broken link.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The thing is that those directors all started out making films for that sort of budget. Lucas et al at film school and Jackson making his own indy splatter-horrors.

If you want to see what those guys are capable of on a shoestring, look into their early works.

They've paid their dues, and don't understand why they should be 'challenged' to revert back to their struggling former selves?

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I'd love to see Lucas actually make all these smaller movies he says he has plans for, even the documentary or experimental ones...

But I don't care if he spends a lot of money on them or not. I ain't paying for it!

(Well, I pay for the ticket, but not the actual making of the movie. You know what I mean.)

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Well that original article was a bit lame. I mean after all just half of the fanfilms around here are done for almost nothing. If you have athe basic equipment all you need is people to work for free. Easy and difficult at the same time depending on what you want.

I agree with you 2. why should they go back to that. Good directors should be given the resources to accomplish their visions.

5. NapalmKing

NapalmKing Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    Well I once made a full feature film for around $500, so I guess someone like Lucas is able to pull it off...

6. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    He's George Lucas 8-} He can do anything! Especially make a $1,000 film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.