main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*A Hero's Becoming: The Rise of the Rebellion* RR~ UPDATE 12/16~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by RogueSquadronFlygirl, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronFlygirl

RogueSquadronFlygirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    I've noticed that there is a lack of fiction (at least on the market) involving the formation of the Rebel Alliance and its doings in the years between Episode III and Episode IV. That's always been the time period that I had the greatest interest in so I thought it would be a fun setting for a Round Robin.

The concept I came up with was inspired by the databank entry for the X-wing on sarwars.com.
    It mentions that the x-wing was being developed for the Impire by Incom Corporation and that the prototypes fell into Rebel hands when the sympathetic engineers and designers defecteed to the Rebellion after a raid on their facilities.

I came up with this idea that one of the very earliest prototypes was loaned for testing purposes to a star-fighter academy. As the newly minted Empire tightened its grip on the star systems,the largely independent and private flight school fell under Imperial control. For one promising young pilot, Imperial control was too much to stomach. Refusing to except the Imperial occupation of her shool, she blasted her out of the Imperial dragnetat the controls of the X-wing protoype.
    From that day on, she was branded as a treasonous rebel and went from one end of the galaxy to the other, spreading havoc nd destruction among the Imperial ranks. Creating a reputation as the Imperial's bane , the price on her head attracted bounty hunters and clients alike until the pilot known only as "Rogue" and her distinct craft became a legend.

Now that the Rebel Aliance has acquired the X-wing prototypes, an old friend of Rogue's intends to form an X-wing squadron. He sets out to lure Rogue home and appeal to her sense of patriotism. He convinces her to lay aside her independent vendetta and become part of something bigger than herself. Together, they will mold a group of miscreants into the Rebel Alliance's first X-wing squadron. Together talented pilots from all corners of the galaxy must overcome their pride, prejudices, and misconceptions to become a squadron with one heart and one purpose: to end Imperial oppression.

anybody intersted?

2. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Oh wow, what a great idea! I have my hands full at the moment but I know several OC centric writers who stay with the pilot fics... I'll have them check this out!

3. RogueSquadronFlygirl

Apr 2, 2005
    Coolies! And I should mention that this story can and will go deeper than just a "squad fic". It will involve the changing climate in the galaxy that effects all beings, both with clandestine and /or peaceful resistance in the Senate, to the formation of the Rebellion's military. It can even flesh out the lives of completely ordinary citizens who are forced to choose sides. It's my hope that it will span all sorts of viewpoints.

4. Saishu_Heiki

Saishu_Heiki Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2005
    I'm game. I would really like to be part of this.

That is a really good synopsis... should make for some good writing! Let me know what happens next.

5. Iowaweezer

Iowaweezer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm all for it! I got a question though:

Would it just be a squad/pilot fic or would it involve other things like the clone-stormtrooper transition, surviving Jedis, etc.?

6. Iryla

Iryla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    hmm, this sounds interesting. I may be up for joining.

7. RogueSquadronFlygirl

Apr 2, 2005
    All of the above, Iowa ;)

Glad to see ppl are interested.

8. Uldir_Fenn

Uldir_Fenn Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Count me in!

9. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    This sounds interesting. I think I'm in.

10. RogueSquadronFlygirl

Apr 2, 2005
    Alright, I think that's enough writers to start, though their's still room for more. The story's up now in the Saga board. I've come up with an order for posting:

(Me!)
    Saishu_Heiki
    Iowaweezer
    Uldir_Fenn
    Iryla
    thesporkbewithyou

If anybody has problems with this order and would like to be somewhere else in line, speak up.

The story's up and running now, so feel free to post when you're ready (and it's your turn, obviously). any and all plot discussion can be bounced around here before posting. Let's make this good! :D

Thank you for showing interest ;)

11. Iowaweezer

Jun 17, 2005
    Yeah so we all have characters then? Here is my character (don't have a name yet): he is a newcomer to the Empire infantry but becomes enchanted by the Rebellion fighters when they attack a Star Destroyer.

12. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Do we send our characters in to you for your approval? Also, is anyone writting that friend of hers?

13. Uldir_Fenn

Apr 11, 2004
    I've got my character picked out but your going to have to wait to see who it is :D

14. Saishu_Heiki

Saishu_Heiki Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2005
    Perhaps I am just missing it, but I can't seem to find the thread in the Saga board.

Can you post a link to it? And what level of autonomy do we have?

15. Uldir_Fenn

Apr 11, 2004
    Heres the link: http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/22630457/p1/?4

16. RogueSquadronFlygirl

Apr 2, 2005
    I would appreciate a brief profile of characters, just so I can make sure they will fit. And you're welcome to play as many as you like.

The part of "that friend" isn't spoken for and is up for grabs, but I do have a certain type of character in mind as far as he is concerned: mid 40s/early 50s, a former flight instructor at CoreStar and someone who has known Esara since she was seven years old (at that age she was orphaned and adopted by the Master Flight instructor and came to live at the school)

17. Uldir_Fenn

Apr 11, 2004
    Well, my character is a young who has a tragic accident that results in her holding a grudge against the Empire. She had used to be a starfighter pilot. I don't really want to give too much away. I like to make it a surprise what happens to her. :D

18. Uldir_Fenn

Apr 11, 2004
    My update is ready if you want me to post it

19. RogueSquadronFlygirl

Apr 2, 2005
    Please do! Please, nobody ever hesitate to post, and don't bother asking for permission. If it's your turn, go right ahead. ;)

20. Uldir_Fenn

Apr 11, 2004
    It's not my turn though, so i was asking if you wanted me to go.

21. RogueSquadronFlygirl

Apr 2, 2005
    sure, go ahead.

22. Iowaweezer

Jun 17, 2005
    ok so can i just post whenever then? Since none of them are connect yet?

23. RogueSquadronFlygirl

Apr 2, 2005
  24. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    is this how they get the prototypes? Because its allready been written canonicallly. (see the Empire comics)

25. Uldir_Fenn

Apr 11, 2004
    Then this'll just be an AU, won't it? :D

Anyways, i've updated with my first post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.