main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Holocron of No Account: Dear Diary Challenge - Entry #4 - 2/27/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RebelGrrl, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    First, Silence Faidhe at 17. Click HEREto view full image.
    [image=http://rebelgrrl.org/pics/yellow-crop.png]

Second, Revek Faidhe nee Camren Fuhl as a newly Knighted Jedi. Click
    HEREto view full image.
    [image=http://rebelgrrl.org/pics/blue-crop.png]

These are photographs manipulated with Paint Shop Pro. :D

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update! =D=

And then I could move.

As my father's lightsaber rolled out of his limp grasp, I called it to myself.

As my father's lightsaber ignited in my grasp, I charged his murderer.

As my father's lightsaber clashed once more with the lurid red blade, Darth Vader praised me.

"Good, good..." I remember he said, "Your rage is strong. Perhaps you might be useful, child."

That rage vanished with his words. I wanted to be sick. I wanted to wake up. I wanted to die. I deactivated my father's lightsaber, shaking my head in denial as I stumbled back from the malevolent being and clutching the Kaiburr Crystal more tightly in my one-armed hold. I voiced my refusal in a sobbing 'no'.

Vader reached for the gemstone and I stepped back again. He demanded, commanded that I surrender it, and I refused. He lunged for me and caught me by my throat in his massive grip before I could get away. He held me above the ground as my vision began to swim, waiting for my grip to slack, waiting for me to die.

Loved that section in particular! :D

3. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    beautiful. can not wait for the next post.

4. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    saw my father's own strength strained to defend against the crushing blows, but still I could not move.

I saw my father's considerable skill was being taxed to it's very limits by the Dark Lord, but still I could not move.

I saw my father was losing ground under the onslaught of the crimson saber and flying debris, but still I could not move.

I saw my father, bruised and bleeding, stumble as a stone slammed into his shoulder, but still I could not move.

I saw my father impaled on that hissing crimson blade.

I screamed.

And then I could move.

:_|

Wow! I think you just out did yourself the post was riveting! I thin I need to :_|

=D= =D= =D= Really amazing!

The pics are really good! Rev is cute!

5. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    VaderLVR64: Thank you! I'm glad you liked that passage. I was a little unsure about it. I've found that it's a hard line to stay on the right side of, between Silence's narration of events into her holocron and a more literary author-driven narration. I was worried she was waxing a little dramatic and overcomplex, structure-wise, for a seventeen year old girl. I'm so happy that it seems to work, though!

Tatooine_Ghost: Thanks! I will try to make sure you don't have to wait long. :)

obsessedwithSW: Thank you! As I was saying in my reply to VaderLVR64, I was a little uncertain that I might be going over the top. I'm glad it was in a good way! Revek had a heroic, if tragic end, and he's one with the Force now, don't cry too much!

Another little treat: Mangle, Nala's BLX-5 labor droid. Manip of an image of Bollux. No Blue Max for Mangle, though! :)

[image=http://rebelgrrl.org/pics/mangle-sm.png]

6. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Near the Khoonda Plains
    Crystal Cave
    Dantooine, Raioballo Sector, Outer Rim
    Entry #4, Year 17 of the New Order

[Focus: Dim light from a handheld glowrod penetrates the dark gloom of an underground cavern and skitters of facets of exposed crystal. Now and again something appears to move in the shadows as Silence moves through the cavern. The holocron captures it's images from it's position flat on her palm.]

I want to show you this place, because if I'm not the only one left, you'll need it. The holocron can't pick up what I'm sensing around me, but everything practically vibrates in the Force here. I've found places here and there where it sorta looks like others have cut crystal from the outcropping, but I've never seen the native tribespeople anywhere near here. They don't come anywhere near the ruined temple or this cave. I think they are afraid.

I found it by accident myself. I was out hunting iriaz, but a pack of hurrtons had the same idea. I was the slower prey, and I wasn't really wanting to waste what little charge was left in my blaster on them rather than on filling mine and Ra's stomachs.

You'd better be more skilled than I am if you try to use mind tricks on a hurrton. It didn't work very well. They're very aggressive, armored, and strong-willed. Not to mention that these were hungry. I think it just pissed them off more.

My goal was to make for the shelter of the trees on the edge of the plain and turn and fire on the pack of three females only if I had to. I don't suppose anyone else would have been that stupid, but I had the Force, and I called on it to help keep me ahead of those snapping jaws.

I was so busy concentrating on running and drawing on the Force that I wasn't paying much attention to the ground. It was sloping upwards in a small hill towards the treeline when a flash of forewarning jolted my stride. The next moment, my right foot broke through the sod and I fell flat on my stomach with an awful wrench to my ankle.

Another hint of warning jerked me back into breathless action. It was only through the will of the Force that when I rolled over and brought my blaster rifle around, the lead hurrton's sharp-fanged muzzle was in the path of the weapon's upward arc. It cracked soundly against the creature's hard skull and it backed away dazed for a moment. My ankle was still caught, though.

Pulling my leg free would mean dropping the rifle, and that just so wasn't gonna happen. But being trapped had me at a disadvantage, possibly a lethal one. I wasn't given much time to consider my options further, because just as I'd pulled myself up enough to kneel on my good leg, the rest of the sinkhole crumbled open.

I was dumped unceremoniously on hard, dank, pebbled ground about fifteen feet under the hill. Dazed for a long moment, I remember looking up at the hurrtons as they peered down and whined over the mysterious disappearance of their prey. I found it funny, and my mute laughter had me shaking on the floor for several moments, until my twisted ankle hit a rock. Yeah, not so funny, then.

So that's how I found this cave, or maybe how it found me. I waited a good bit until I'd sensed that the hurrtons had given up and gone away before levitating myself out of my predicament. After I'd limped back to camp, had my ankle soaked and wrapped, and been fed and fussed over, I got two lectures. One from Ra about shooting first and being stupid second, and one from Master Jinn about actively using the Force when I was supposed to be hiding.

I was also lucky that first time that the commotion and light had spooked off the kinrath. I found out about those when I came back to explore. They're huge insects, but simpler minds than the hurrtons, so I was able to fool them into thinking I wasn't food, but .... yeah. All creatures are a part of the Force, but the big buggy ones, I could live without meeting.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved her account of her "adventures." :p

So that's how I found this cave, or maybe how it found me. I waited a good bit until I'd sensed that the hurrtons had given up and gone away before levitating myself out of my predicament. After I'd limped back to camp, had my ankle soaked and wrapped, and been fed and fussed over, I got two lectures. One from Ra about shooting first and being stupid second, and one from Master Jinn about actively using the Force when I was supposed to be hiding

I really liked that particular section. It just seemed very real to me. Bravo =D=

8. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Another hint of warning jerked me back into breathless action. It was only through the will of the Force that when I rolled over and brought my blaster rifle around, the lead hurrton's sharp-fanged muzzle was in the path of the weapon's upward arc. It cracked soundly against the creature's hard skull and it backed away dazed for a moment. My ankle was still caught, though.

Pulling my leg free would mean dropping the rifle, and that just so wasn't gonna happen. But being trapped had me at a disadvantage, possibly a lethal one. I wasn't given much time to consider my options further, because just as I'd pulled myself up enough to kneel on my good leg, the rest of the sinkhole crumbled open.

You are really becoming quite a storyteller. I can see your skill being honed, one story at a time.

BTW any chance you will have a new post for the Kyp/ Jaina story soon?

9. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    VaderLVR64: Thank you! When I was writing that bit, I thought about how my own parents handled similar (not not identical) situations. They'd always make sure us kids were safe and bandaged if necessary before reading us the riot act. It actually made it worse that they waited!

obsessedwithSW: [face_blush] Thank you! As for my K/J story, it's not abandoned. I've just been obsessed with Exile for the past month or so. Now that I've read it and got it out of my system, I hope to update soon. If I can stop arguing theories for Sacrifice in the Lit forums long enough, that is. :D Writing my Saga Era stuff is a break from debating Beyond the Saga Era stuff, but not so for writing stuff in the Beyond timeframe. LOL :)

10. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. can not for the next post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.