main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Jedi Shall Not Know Love - (Obi-Wan/Siri, pre-AOTC) Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by red rose knight, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honour

honour Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Thank you for the clarification. I guess I was reading too much into the lines in Part 5: "You think this kata will save you?... From lust, maybe, but not from the true feelings of your heart." Or I was misreading them entirely.

You've written a story worth reading over and over again. I look forward to reading your other work as well. More, please?!

2. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I think I know what honour is saying, though I know what you are saying as well, RRK---you wrote an excellent story about how these two handled the conflict, not a statement of Jedi philosophy whereas honour is talking about the philosophy angle.

In terms of what honour seems to be saying, a similar discussion over regs comes up in Stargate fandom often basically being that the opinion of many regarding Air Force regs on "feelings" in the chain of command, is that it isn't enough to just be true to the "letter" of the law but one must be true to the spirit of it as well.

As honour says, Siri and Obi-Wan didn't "act" on it(which actually would have been okay for them to do as Jedi are not celibate--the feelings involved are the important part i.e attachment, lust, possessiveness, etc--which is why sex is probably rare for them as the situation has to be just right), but it's clear they were not true to the spirit of their beliefs.

They did their duty, but they simply chose one over the other, they didn't transform their feelings, which is what they should have done in order to be true to their spiritual beliefs. That's clear in how the story ends.

Actually they don't appear to have really given much more than an irresolute effort to transforming their feelings, instead like many the woeful medieval pair(I think you like Arthurian tales right, RRK? :) ), they seem to revel in their suffering--"Oh we should not, we cannot but we will continue to purposefully seek each other out and put ourselves into situations with each other where we can continue to say "oh we should not, we cannot" :) .

3. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Up other people need to read this.

The words to describe this are non-exsistant in any language I know of. Spectacular, imposibly beautiful, just amazing. You almost made me cry.

4. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_shocked]

5. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    It is their characters in this story that they were true to.

Because he is such a passionate person, he knows that he would throw himself heart and soul into something.

Therefore, he can not allow himself to do so at the expense of duty, and neither can she, because that would not be true to themselves.

And I still love the footsteps in the sands.

6. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Yowza! This is great! So sensual, seductive, and sad!

7. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Sorry it took so long before I finished replying. I sort of forgot about this story. :( Odd, because this is the favorite of all my stories. [face_love]

Dev Binks?The words to describe this are non-exsistant in any language I know of. Spectacular, imposibly beautiful, just amazing. You almost made me cry. ?? Thank you. [face_blush] Darn! I only almost made you cry? I?ll have to try harder next time. :D

Rogue 49?What? Did I stun you speechless? :confused:

Froggy? And I still love the footsteps in the sands. ?? Thank you for providing the voice of reason when I went stupid. :)

diamond pony?Yowza! This is great! So sensual, seductive, and sad! ?? Thanks! [face_blush]

Thank you, everyone, for all the kind words. I am glad this story way enjoyed because I was really worried about posting it in the beginning. Thanks again.

@}>~;~~;~~~

8. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Just thought I would post and say I have replaced all of the story with a newly edited and revised version thanks to my beta readers: Froggy and oe. All the grammar and spelling are fixed, some things are better clarified and weaknesses are strengthened.

:)

9. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Perfection! :)

10. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I echo what o_e said. ;)

I was just thinking about this story the other day. It's as lovely now as it was the first time I read it. :) Very powerful and beautiful. [face_love]

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    *races for ice cold shower*

Yup- just as good the second time thru

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    This story was recommended to me as I've been known to be disastified with the handling of Obi-Wan's character in romance stories. I am so very happy that you seemed to realise some of the same things I did about Obi-Wan's character and strived to remain true to those. Your descriptions are more poetic than my own, but that's really an author's preference. You keep this style consistently and thus it alludes to some powerful symbols. I only wish the developement of the bond between Obi-Wan and Siri could have been a little more fleshed out, but I realise you just wanted to write a short story. I have to say I loved- loved the way you intertwined the two different time periods. Very nicely done. I shall have to keep my eye on you. ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey

13. In_Luv_wit_kenobi

In_Luv_wit_kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2003
  14. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    OMG! That was a great story! It was sad, but awesome!!! I loved it! You totally kick ass!

15. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    This seems like the right time of year to bump this story up. :)

16. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    OOOOHHHH!!!

Lovely drawing Red! I see you are using your pen to better effect than your evil beta self does!

And I still think this is one of the most gripping stories that I have ever read.

17. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    That is an amazing work of art Red. :) By the way, have I told you lately how sick you make me? :p

18. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, a pretty

*quickly downloads pic of Obi onto computer*

hee hee, I know my Master loves me, 'cause she does stuff like this :D

Thank you for the art, it's really really nice :D

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    The artwork is fantastic. She can write, she's an artist... yup- she makes me sick!

20. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, she's an evil author - of course she makes us all sick! :p

Oh, Red, you gave Obi-Wan the prettiest blue eyes [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.