main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Journey of Discovery-Bk.2: Pledge (L/M, H/L, OC's) Completed 4/2/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-2B, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    "Adore you? Worship you? Grovel at your feet?"

Ah, that line had me cracking up. Happy birthday, by the way. Don't think I've done the right thing and wished you one yet.

2. ShortySC22

ShortySC22 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    Amazing. I liked what Luke said about loving her, and Mara's response, classic arguments from them! Until tomorrow! ^_^

3. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Hmmmm, either vilagers out hunting saw the tracks from the first fight, or the Falcons on the way.

Either way, the Purdens are screwed.

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *mutters against work* Dang, I escape ONE cliffhanger only to end up on another ;) Poor Lukie getting shot in the leg...as always loving the banter :-D Stupid Prudens, dang, how stupid can you get?! *sits on couch biting fingernails* Can't wait for the next post...I hope... ;)

5. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Dumb Prudens, must all been dropped on their heads when they were babies. I mean they've been bested MORE THAN ONCE by Luke and Mara and they still come back for more. I guess though that's their type, so damn thick headed that they can't accept anyone is better than them at anything. Can't stand to be wrong. It's idiots like that who...

It's kinda hard to remember that Luke and Mara have only just got married. So much has happened since then. But they are on their honeymoon, kinda.

They're owed a real honeymoon.

6. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    GreatOne: Wow! Those dense dudes are very persistent!

Bullies that are used to getting their way tend to be overly persistent. ;)

Rivad_Bacar: For a Jedi and an ex-assassin they sure are sound sleepers...

The word 'sated' popped into my mind, but we won't go there... [face_blush]

Rule one: Escape first, romance second!

Let's give 'em a break -- they're on their honeymoon! [face_laugh]

RebelMom: Yeah, bad Prudens

Just like Bad, Bad Leroy Brown -- they're meaner than junkyard dogs. :p

bladex2: Welcome to the fun! And thanks. :)

JediArwen: In one of the tests I have a Vader picture saying "Your teacher is not as forgiving as I"!

Why couldn't I have had teachers like you when I was growing up? (Besides the fact that SW hadn't been invented yet.) ;)

That's my girl, Mara! Go on! That's the way you should handle men. If you want no headaches!
    The present ones on the thread are excepted...

Yes, we'd better be nice to the few males brave enough to post on this thread! :D

As it is, Mara is right, of course. But since she is her honeymoon too... she leave the lead to the reckless farmboy...
    To be honest, I would do the same...
    And have the same result...

Ah, young love. We have to cut them a little slack. ;)

Another cliffie, my friend. All right, I think me and my nails can last till tomorrow.
    Just till tomorrow! Not any more!

Coming right up. Don't want those nails to start bleeding from all the chewing you're doing on them. :)

J_M_Bulldog: Ooooh, did Luke say company. Could it be that some of the villagers realizing they were wrong are coming to apologize to them? And in doing so help them? Or is the Falcon about to make its apperance?

The Falcon? Leia's strength in the Force would have to take giant leaps for her to be able to track Luke through an uncharted nebula.

Stormtrooper_Shrink: Ah, that line had me cracking up. Happy birthday, by the way. Don't think I've done the right thing and wished you one yet.

Thanks, on both counts. :D

ShortySC22: Amazing. I liked what Luke said about loving her, and Mara's response, classic arguments from them! Until tomorrow! ^_^

Thanks! They'll never lose the knack for bantering with each other. :)

Wes_Janson: Hmmmm, either vilagers out hunting saw the tracks from the first fight, or the Falcons on the way.

We'll get to see what Han, Leia, and the Falcon are up to in tomorrow's post. ;)

Either way, the Purdens are screwed.

Can't argue with you there! [face_laugh]

padawan lunetta: Stupid Prudens, dang, how stupid can you get?! *sits on couch biting fingernails* Can't wait for the next post...I hope...

Another fingernail biter! Never took up that habit myself, but my son acquired it from somewhere.

Love your signature quotes, btw! [face_laugh]

Kazzy: Dumb Prudens, must all been dropped on their heads when they were babies.

Could be. Or they were raised by wolves. :p

It's kinda hard to remember that Luke and Mara have only just got married. So much has happened since then. But they are on their honeymoon, kinda.

Yep, I count it up to be their two-day anniversary.

They're owed a real honeymoon.

And you're expecting me to give them one? You must have high hopes for Book Three. [face_laugh]

7. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Now you all get another taste of how action sequence challenged I am. :D

Chapter 19-B

After Mara's forced exit, Luke looked up at his lone remaining adversary. Eli Pruden grinned lecherously above him in anticipation of an easy kill. The Jedi's carefully thought-out plan of putting the man into a sleeping trance was suddenly shattered as blood-thirsty, animalistic hunger assaulted his senses, chilling him to the core. The danger he felt was almost immediately accompanied by a cacophony of feral growls, snarls, and screams.

Wild animals! And Mara's hands were bound ...

Faster than the woodsman could blink, Eli's victim became his attacker.

Luke swept the bow and arrow aside with an effortless Force shove, the wooden weapons snapping as they struck the cave's rock wall. He leapt up, twisting his body midair and pinning Pruden to the ground in one fluid movement.

"Sorry, no time for finesse." Drawing back his arm, Luke slugged the struggling man across the temple, knocking him unconscious. Rushing to the cave entrance, he absorbed the grim scene before him in a blink of an eye.

The Prudens were struggling under attack from what must be feralines, Luke decided, recognizing the sleek-pelted creatures from descriptions he'd been told. He could barely make out Mara on the far side of the clearing, but her sense in the Force was strong and resolute. It was clear that the savage, powerfully built beasts had their human victims outnumbered nearly four to one. Sharrets were scattering into the forest, yelping in terror, while the high-pitched squeals of drobbins added to the horrific bedlam.

It was all Luke could do to restrain himself from jumping into the fray barehanded. If only he had his lightsaber ...

A Jedi and his lightsaber, a special connection they have.

Luke blinked as Yoda's voice filtered through his head, and a sense of calm wormed its way into his anxious psyche. Reaching out with his hand and sweeping his mind across the surrounding bushes, he concentrated on that mystical connection. The nearby din drowned out the rustle of leaves as not one, but two, lightsabers flew toward the waiting Jedi. He hadn't expected Mara's saber to respond to his call, even though it had been in his possession longer than the one he'd built.

Grasping a lightsaber in each hand and whirling around, Luke was a blur of motion as he made his way to his wife's side. Mara had jerked her blaster from Tors Pruden's grip and was firing with pinpoint accuracy despite having her hands still tied. Catching her attention, Luke dipped a blade as she held her wrists out, slicing through the rope. He tossed her saber toward her hilt first, the blade stilled locked on.

Slashing, slicing, skewering, the two Jedi labored to keep ahead of the pack of beasts. Hearing a desperate cry behind her, Mara spun around to see Odus Pruden nearly hidden under the bulk of an enormous feraline. She drove her blade through the animal's tough hide, then kicked the dying carcass aside with her foot. Mara winced as she saw her kidnapper's vacant stare. Odus's throat had been ripped open by the feraline's powerful jaws, and blood gushed from the jagged wound.

Knowing that the man was beyond help, Mara directed her attention back to the ongoing battle. Fearless and tenacious predators, the feralines kept attacking in a vicious frenzy. Not yet noticing his cousin's plight, Tors was hacking wildly with his long hunting knife. Confident of Mara's ability to defend herself, Luke had made his way to a pair of frightened drobbins straining against their reins. A third mount lay dead on the ground, its flesh being hungrily devoured by two of the carnivorous beasts.

"Luke, watch out!" Mara shouted, spotting one of the creatures stalking her husband from behind. She regretted letting her blaster drop when she'd reacquired her lightsaber. Her anxiety was replaced by surprise as a volley of arrows shot out from the surrounding trees, dropping the animal in its tracks. Her eyes widened even further as Hiley and Efam appea

8. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Well, that is an action scene, Michele! Very well written. I liked it very much, especially the scene where Luke took the two lightsabers. [face_love]

"It was far from an unqualified success."
    Surprise, surprise! Only Luke could see it that way!

"Luke, Odus Pruden's death was not your fault, or my fault. Truth be told, it wasn't even his own fault. It was an accident of nature."
    Thanks god, he got Mara! ;)

And now their friends will see the ship. I would like to be there to see their faces. :D

And they are leaving soon, I persume. I can't wait for seeing Leia finding out that her brother married... :D Farmboy must watch out...

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Your action scenes are just fine, Michele.

I too love seeing Luke with two sabers. :)

10. Reesie

Reesie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    I too can't wait for Leia's reaction. Of course it might kind of fun if they kept it quiet for a while. That or kept real quiet about the circumstances of their marriage. Hmmm, the possibilities . . . .

11. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    You are much more kind-hearted than I am when it comes to your villians, Jedi-2B. When I write nasty OC's I just can't wait to think of ways to "off" them! LOL!

12. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Hehehe. I always did think there should be more two sabar weilding by Luke AND Mara! I think the scene was fine! :D

13. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Need to watch out for those predators, :p

Luke with two lightsabers, very :cool:

I loved to see the look on those two villagers faces when they saw the ship. Stunned might be an understatement [face_laugh] :p

14. ShortySC22

ShortySC22 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    Aww, the action sequence isn't that bad! I love this and just wonder what twist you're going to throw us at the end.

15. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Wonderful action scene. It was nicely executed without being dry, which I find actions scenes can become sometimes. Nice work.

Good to see some of this less-angry natives. I guess a B-wing is a little outside their experience. LOL. there's one to tell the grandkids. ;)

I liekd this chap very much. :)

16. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Luke and Mara had barely reached the crest of the hill when they overtook the stunned figures of their friends.

"Divine One, preserve us," Hiley breathed in astonishment, his eyes wide as saucers.

Jaco couldn't even spit out that much.

*****~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    JediArwen: I liked it very much, especially the scene where Luke took the two lightsabers.

You know, I hadn't even remembered that I'd let Luke use two lightsabers in this. [face_laugh] But apparently it was a hit with all of you. Maybe I should have expanded that part.

And they are leaving soon, I persume. I can't wait for seeing Leia finding out that her brother married... Farmboy must watch out...

Well, unfortunately you're going to have to wait awhile. That revelation will happen in Book 3.

RebelMom: Posts: 5,924

Geez, woman. Almost 6000 posts! You deserve all those stars after your name. ;)

Your action scenes are just fine, Michele.

Ah, but you'll notice that they are short. Which reflect the type that I like to read, also. ;)

Reesie: I too can't wait for Leia's reaction. Of course it might kind of fun if they kept it quiet for a while. That or kept real quiet about the circumstances of their marriage. Hmmm, the possibilities . . . .

You're giving me all kinds of plot ideas. Too bad that part's already written. :D

GreatOne: You are much more kind-hearted than I am when it comes to your villians, Jedi-2B. When I write nasty OC's I just can't wait to think of ways to "off" them! LOL!

Yeah, I'm too much like Luke. No unnecessary killing.

Rivad_Bacar: Hehehe. I always did think there should be more two sabar weilding by Luke AND Mara! I think the scene was fine!

I did like when Luke wielded two sabers in whichever NJO book that was, where he rescued Jacen. Liked when Mara said she wanted to hear all about it, too.

J_M_Bulldog: Need to watch out for those predators,

Can't have L&M without having some wild animals attacking them in a forest, huh? [face_laugh]

I loved to see the look on those two villagers faces when they saw the ship. Stunned might be an understatement

I think you're right. Why do you think Luke spurred his drobbin to a gallop? He wanted to see their faces, too. :D

ShortySC22: I love this and just wonder what twist you're going to throw us at the end.

Moi? A twist? I'm not very good at twists, but ... Well, you'll just have to give me your opinion after reading today's post. ;)

Kazzy: It was nicely executed without being dry, which I find actions scenes can become sometimes.

That's cause I made it so short, it didn't have a chance to become dry. [face_laugh]

Good to see some of this less-angry natives. I guess a B-wing is a little outside their experience. LOL. there's one to tell the grandkids.

You don't think that Luke will wipe it from their memories right before he leaves? [face_devil]

18. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Wes_Janson: "Divine One, preserve us," Hiley breathed in astonishment, his eyes wide as saucers.

Jaco couldn't even spit out that much.

*****~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'd be speechless, too, wouldn't you?

Sorry, guys, I'm really busy today, so don't think I'll get a post up. Maybe tomorrow. :(

19. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    Actualy, I proably wouldnt.

U know those nightmares were U think its 100% real, and react that way in the dream ?

I once had an alien abduction one like that.

Lets just say bits and peices of the little green men went flying :D

20. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Yes, that was my sad attempt at an April Fool's ploy.
    [face_mischief] :p

Guess we're overdue to check in with the 'H/L' side of this story. ;) So, meanwhile, on the other side of the galaxy ...

Chapter 20-A

Lando Calrissian swept into the Gilded Star Nightclub with his usual debonair style. As his eyes adjusted to the dimly lit lounge, the first patron he was able to recognize was a rather large Wookiee hunched in a too-small chair at the end of an out-of-the-way booth.

"Han! Leia!" Lando greeted the other occupants of the booth, huddled together in the dim corner. "Hi-ya, Chewie," he added as he signaled his drink order to a passing droid waiter and slid onto the remaining empty bench. "Fancy meeting you three here."

"Han has some bizarre notion that having a Synthian cocktail in this dive will calm my nerves." Leia shrank back further into the shadows in the hope that no one of importance would recognize her in such a seedy bar. "He and Chewie literally abducted me and Threepio as we were coming out of my office."

"Where is our favorite protocol droid?" Lando glanced around the smoky room. Colored lights strobed across the ceiling and walls in time with the blaring chords of a lusty tune.

"He's supposed to be guarding the speeder," Han said with a snort. "Though he's probably locked himself inside it, quaking in his metal boots."

"Ah." The former baron administrator reached across the table to stroke Leia's hand, ignoring Han's scowl of disapproval. "And what does a beautiful woman like you have to be nervous about?"

"Oh, it's just Luke." The princess pulled back her hands, settling them in her lap.

"When isn't it about Luke?" Han drawled, stretching his arms out along the back of the bench.

Leia gave him an exasperated frown before continuing. "It's nine days past his scheduled arrival date on Lorrd, and still no one has heard from him. How can I not worry?"

"I told you we should give him his ten-day window before chasing after him," Han reiterated.

"And I don't know how you can act so unconcerned when Luke is who-knows-where with that abrasive Mara Jade."

"Ah, the incomparable Miss Jade. True, she is one icy woman." Lando leaned back, smoothing his mustache with his thumb and forefinger. "How she can possibly resist my extraordinary charms is beyond me."

"She's one of a kind, all right," Han agreed.

"Still, I always get the feeling that I've seen her before. Under totally different circumstances, though." The dark-skinned gambler's brow furrowed in thought. "There's just something about her face, or maybe it's those eyes."

"She doesn't seem to have recognized you," Han pointed out. "Has she ever so much as given you the time of day?"

"Hmmm, not yet. But I am a man of eternal hope. If only I'd gotten to see her as a dancer." Lando closed his eyes in peaceful reflection. "I can just envision her in a skimpy little dancing costume." He peered across the table. "Maybe something like that snappy outfit Jabba found for you, Leia."

"Hey, now," the princess's paramour objected immediately.

"I'm not imagining Leia back in it, Han ol' buddy," Lando assured his friend. "I'm imagining Mara Jade ? twirling, dipping, stretching ... I can just picture her ..." he trailed off wistfully.

Leia's face suddenly scrunched up in thought. "So can I," she whispered, causing Han's eyebrows to shoot up.

"You're ... you're imagining Mara ... in a dancing getup?" Han couldn't believe he was even voicing such an absurd suggestion.

Leia turned slowly toward him, eyes clouded in deep introspection and confusion. "I ... feel like I've seen her in such an outfit. She was different somehow ..."

Lando took up her trail of thought. "It's the hair. Her hair was different."

"Guys, her hair was different when we first met her, remember? Her and Luke were both brunettes."

"Believe me," the gambler replied, "I haven't forgotten that first meeting. But no, that's not the look I had in mind."

"Black!" Leia blurted out. "She had black hair."

Lando was nodding in a

21. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    hehe. Tattoos? I wonder if she still has those... Luke might like them! :p

22. Marai_Jade

Marai_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2004
    Hello, I'm just coming in, and I would like to say.....

THIS STORY ROCKS!!!!!! :D

I loved the beginning twist! And Vader stopping the Emperor from killing his children, that was awesome.

I think my favorite part (despite what the people in the pub thought) was when Mara kicked Pruden a**. [face_mischief]

This last post, where Han, Leia, Lando and Chewie all realize who Mara Jade is..... LMAO!!! I cannot wait until they find out she's his wife!! [face_laugh]

Ok, well, just letting you know one of your lurkers has been delurked. ;)

UP!!!!! :D

23. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    "We'll be there in two days tops," Han pledged. "Maybe even sooner. Remember, I've got the?"

"Fasted hunk of junk in the galaxy," three voices finished for him.

Yep, but its still teh fastest.

Go Han.

More today ?

24. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    What they believe is true... from a certain point of view! ;)

More, more! :D

25. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Oh, good grief. Ya know, the act of jumping to conclusions rarely leads to a happy landing. True, Mara was once an Imp assassin but she like many of the rebellion has defected, especially after hearing how much the Emperor decived and used her.

Han and them are going to go flying into something and end up most likely getting hurt feelings or at least bruised egos. Can you imagine what they are going to do when they find out that she is Luke's wife?

*growls* They had better not try to break them up. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.