main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends A Journey of Discovery-Bk.2: Pledge (L/M, H/L, OC's) Completed 4/2/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-2B, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade VIP star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    But now you've got me thinking that I should go back and try to add more passages like this to Book 3.

*grins* What you have is lovely, but believe me, I'm not going to try to dissuade you if you want to add more. Anything that draws this story out some more is okay by me. :D

Luke simply nodded, not feeling up to trying to explain his and Mara's unusual relationship. He wasn't sure he even could.

Good move, Luke. I think their relationship definitely defies explanation at this point.

Luke started to ask if she needed help, just out of habit, but stopped himself. He had a feeling that if she wanted him to assist, he would have already heard the instructions.

Yes, I'd have to agree. :p

"Come in," he heard her call. Cautiously he opened the door, then froze when he spotted her. Mara was sitting in the bathtub, soap bubbles up to her neck and head resting on the back edge of the tub. She had the most peaceful look on her face that Luke had ever seen.

"Well, come on in," she repeated, not opening her eyes. "You've seen me in more revealing positions than this."

*giggles* She's right. I know it doesn't make Luke feel any more at ease at the moment, but she's right. :p

Once back in the bedroom, Luke leaned against the wall, eyes closed and heart pounding. What is wrong with you, Skywalker? She was offering ... Stars, what was she offering? Companionship? Or more? Are you so scared it would be more?

Poor Luke. He's so muddled right now. Do you know how much this chapter tortured me when I first found it, Michele? :p

Trying to decipher Mara's mood swings was like trying to anticipate the erratic moves of a charging Kalli beast. Guess wrong, and you may not live to regret it.

*grins* One of the most accurate similes I've ever read.

"Right," Luke whispered under his breath. No different at all.

Mm-hmm . . .

2. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Oh just express your feelings of love, find a local magistrate, and have a nice honeymoon away from galactic civilization! [face_love]

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Great post! :D I think they both need to sit down and discuss everything... because all this circling is hurting my head, and it can't be good for their hearts. ;)

4. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    I'm getting dizzy just watching those two. Oy vey! Someone needs to tell them the music's stopped and the band has left. They no longer need to dance around each other.

Great post btw.

5. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    No," Luke answered for both of them, then cleared his throat in attempt to cover the rather loud growling of his stomach. "Sorry," he apologized. "Guess it's been awhile since we've eaten."

ehehhe, I can't help thinking of a scene in a certain Anime where Yuki says something the exact same way. .. and the look on his face is just priceless . . . :D so cute. . .

Yubsa I know what's comming too. . . :D I'm sure it gets better with every reading too . . :D

Lukie relax, it's not like she's going to attack you like a rabid vonkskyr. . . although. . . hmmmmm. . . ;) it would stop the spinning. . .

6. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    I wonder how their quest for that planets history's gona go...................

Good psot.

7. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    No different at all.

Uh-huh. Sure.

Now what would have happened if Luke had gotten in that tub with Mara? We all know what they're like when it comes to warm water...

8. Jayden112233

Jayden112233 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    Now what would have happened if Luke had gotten in that tub with Mara? We all know what they're like when it comes to warm water...

Kazzy...you're a riot [face_laugh]

2B....you can almost cut the tension with a knife. I love it. Poor Luke and Mara, they may never get together at this rate. I can't wait to see what else you have in store for our frustrated couple.

9. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    GreatOne: Ah, my faithful first replier!

*sighs* Luke, if Han were giving you advise, he say.."jump in the krethin' tub with her already!!"

Exactly why Luke will NEVER tell Han all about this. :p

RebelMom: Those two are going to be the death of each other. Or get really dizzy circling.

I think they're already dizzy. Good thing neither is susceptible to motion sickness.

*bounces giddily* I know what's going to happen

Yes, and you're doing an admirable job in keeping quiet about it. :D

Gabri_Jade: I think their relationship definitely defies explanation at this point.

Very accurate!

Poor Luke. He's so muddled right now. Do you know how much this chapter tortured me when I first found it, Michele?

Glad to hear it! ;) I know I'll never be a master at torture like LadyPadme, but I like to throw in a few bits every now and then.

Rivad_Bacar: Oh just express your feelings of love, find a local magistrate, and have a nice honeymoon away from galactic civilization!

You're being awfully optimistic. ;)

Jaina_and_Jag: I think they both need to sit down and discuss everything... because all this circling is hurting my head, and it can't be good for their hearts.

Here's some aspirin. Hope it holds you over. [face_laugh]

J_M_Bulldog: I'm getting dizzy just watching those two. Oy vey! Someone needs to tell them the music's stopped and the band has left. They no longer need to dance around each other.

Another dizzy reader! *Passes out aspirin and motion-sickness pills to everyone.*

maramijade: Yubsa I know what's comming too. . . I'm sure it gets better with every reading too . .

Ah, another reader to thank for not spoiling anything! :D

_3MD_PsychoSniper: I wonder how their quest for that planets history's gona go...................

That will come up later. Though I'm not saying it will go well. ;)

Kazzy: Now what would have happened if Luke had gotten in that tub with Mara? We all know what they're like when it comes to warm water...

LOL! [face_laugh] They turn into flirting maniacs?

Jayden112233: 2B....you can almost cut the tension with a knife. I love it. Poor Luke and Mara, they may never get together at this rate. I can't wait to see what else you have in store for our frustrated couple.

Wouldn't be much of an L/M story if they NEVER got together, would it? ;) Well, you won't have long to wait.

10. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    And now, the post you've all been waiting for! :D

Or, maybe not. [face_devil]

[b]Chapter 5-B[/b]

Lying on his back, Luke watched the dancing patterns of firelight playing out on the ceiling. He was doing his best to keep his mind on the obligations he felt were his sole responsibility on this mission. [i]I need to get that blasted B-wing repaired. I need to get us off this planet and on our way to Lorrd. I need to get a message back to Coruscant. I need ...[/i] Luke could hear Mara turning over restlessly. [i]I need to take her in my arms and cover her with kisses ...[/i]

Mara could tell Luke was still awake. Outwardly, he was lying perfectly still. But inwardly, she could feel his Force sense twitching as agitatedly as hers was. Hugging her pillow tightly, Mara turned to face the warm fire, wishing she could draw more comfort from the flickering flames. [i]Do other couples have this much trouble with their emotions? And at what point did I start thinking of Luke and me as a 'couple'?[/i]

Luke rolled over wearily, sleep still eluding him. He listened to the crackling of the flames, the only sound breaking the stillness of the room. He thought back to the previous night. No, it hadn't been a dream. She had come to him. And she had returned his kisses. He wanted to hold her and kiss her, again and again. He wanted it so badly he could taste it ? could taste her lips, smell the scent of her hair. She was driving him mad with desire, and she wasn't even touching him.

An inner voice mocked Luke's every thought. [i]If you want her so much, why didn't you get in the damned bathtub with her? Because you're a coward, that's why. A Sith-forsaken coward. You love her, don't you? If you don't have the guts to tell her how you feel, then quit leading her on. Let her go ... Let her go ...[/i]

"NO!" Luke sat bolt upright in bed. "I can't do that!"

Mara rose up, instantly sweeping her surroundings with the Force. "Luke, what is it?" She didn't sense any danger nearby, but Luke's emotions were a swirling mass of turmoil. "What's wrong?"

He pulled up his knees, and buried his face in his hands. "I can't, Mara," he said shakily.

"Can't what?" Mara fought the fear that threatened to rise in her throat. What was he going to say? That he couldn't return her feelings? How could he even know what her feelings were, when she had trouble admitting them to herself?

"I should really sleep on the floor," was all that he could manage to get out, ignoring her question. He started to edge his way out of bed, but Mara grabbed his arm.

"Skywalker, what is wrong with you?!"

His voice was nearly breaking, and he didn't turn around as he attempted to put his feelings into words. "I ... can't ... lie this close to you and not ... not ..."

Mara sat up in bed, and tugged on his arm until he turned to face her. She could see the pain reflected on his face by the wavering flames in the fireplace. "Luke," she murmured soothingly, struggling to keep her voice calm as she latched onto his hand. "Talk to me. You know you can share anything with me." She braced herself, determined to accept whatever he had to say.

Luke took a deep breath and spoke slowly, his eyes locked on their joined hands. "During all my training, I was taught over and over to trust my feelings. And right now, my feelings are telling me, screaming at me, that I am ... desperately ... in love with you." He fell silent. His impromptu confession had surprised even himself. But for better or worse, he knew he had spoken the truth.

A feeling of ecstatic amazement flooded through Mara as she scooted closer to him, searching in her heart for the right phrases to express her own hidden emotions. All doubt as to what those emotions were vanished in a heartbeat. This was the most important moment of their lives; they had to be completely honest with themselves and with one another. How could she convince this man how much he meant to her? She reached up and gently caressed his cheek.

"Luke," she began softly. "Ever since I met you, actually >

11. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Ohhhh, first reply.

Exellent post. Hehehhehe, theyre bother virgins, LMFingAO........... :D :D :D :D :D

12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    And the challenge has begun... Can they last? ;)

13. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Hope not.

THey should just jump over a broom together... :)

To bad theyre not on Earth, they could just shack up then shed be his common law wife

14. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Hm. Luke and Mara getting married!? Before Han and Leia? *frowns* (the H/L shipper in me not likey this ... not at all.... )

Good post, though...

15. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hehehe Great one, I'd love to know how Han feels about that too. . . Michelle. . . would you like to enlighten us . . . at some point. . . what he would think of Luke and Mara finally getting together before he and Leia. . .

WAIT!!!! Luke and Mara are just engaged before Han and Leia. . . that doesn't mean that they are going to get married first >:)

16. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    "I would like to begin that journey with you first becoming my wife." Hehehe! That's my boy, Luke!
    "I would be honored to begin our journey together by having you as my husband." Outstanding choice, Mara!

It's always best to start your shared life as husband and wife. I'm so glad you're having them go that rout J2B! Absolutely nothing wrong with chastity before mariage and total fidelity after.

As for the question if they can hold out...will the road be tough... oh probably, but it's so worth it! [face_love]

Keep up the good work!

Rivad hurries off to get fitted for formal uniform for Luke and Mara's reception... :cool:

You're being awfully optimistic. Ha! Yes I am! :D

17. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    I don't think H/L are even ENGAGED yet! :eek:

18. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    They finally told each other they loved each other. And they are getting married! Yes!

I, for one, am proud they chose to wait.

[face_love]'d this post. Beautiful. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

19. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Awesome! Awesome, awesome, awesome! :D *tries to think of other words to describe it* Uh... Awesome! :) When he proposed, I'm sitting here repeating to myself aloud 'He just proposed.' It took a while for it to click. [face_blush] I was totally shocked!!! Amazing though! [face_love] I'm very happy that they have decided to wait until after they're married... although it sounds like it won't be too long. :p I can't wait for more shocking stuff! ;)

20. JainaPadmeJade

JainaPadmeJade Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 20, 2002
    oh yay! i liked a lot!! this was definatley a post i was looking forward to!! won't H/L be surprised when they come back all married? this was just lovely!

21. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Awww - they're getting married [face_love] Such a lovely scene, all adorable. And they love each other! Well we knew that, but they didn't.

Unless it's one of those horrible things where they wake up and one of them has been dreaming. Or they've both been dreaming and they won't admit it. Or...

I've had horrible surprises once to often. I won't relax until after the honeymoon. [face_plain]

Other than that: it was one of the sweeter things I've read in a while.

22. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade VIP star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    And THIS is where the fanfix update left off, before the site crashed. It almost killed me. And yes, I know I should have just e-mailed you and asked about it, Michele. :p

Do other couples have this much trouble with their emotions? And at what point did I start thinking of Luke and me as a 'couple'?

It just snuck up on her, didn't it? :D Luke and Mara are so sweet in this chapter. [face_love]

23. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    _3MD_PsychoSniper: Hehehhehe, theyre bother virgins, LMFingAO...........

Not really sure why you think that's funny. Luke only laughed because he realized he'd been needlessly worrying over it.

THey should just jump over a broom together...

I'm not even going to ask what this is supposed to mean. ?[face_plain] [face_laugh]

EDIT: Never mind, I found out what it means. I guess that would be a solution. ;)

RebelMom: And the challenge has begun... Can they last?

Like you have to ask? :p

GreatOne: Hm. Luke and Mara getting married!? Before Han and Leia? *frowns* (the H/L shipper in me not likey this ... not at all.... )

It's not L&M's fault if Han is dragging his feet. ;)

maramijade: hehehe Great one, I'd love to know how Han feels about that too. . . Michelle. . . would you like to enlighten us . . . at some point. . . what he would think of Luke and Mara finally getting together before he and Leia. . .

Oh, you'll find out all about that when we eventually get to Book 3. :p

WAIT!!!! Luke and Mara are just engaged before Han and Leia. . . that doesn't mean that they are going to get married first >:)

Very true. :D

Rivad_Bacar: It's always best to start your shared life as husband and wife. I'm so glad you're having them go that rout J2B! Absolutely nothing wrong with chastity before mariage and total fidelity after.

Glad you agree! That's my philosophy too. There are plenty of fanfics out there going the other direction (including a couple of mine, come to think of it), that I wanted to go this route here.

As for the question if they can hold out...will the road be tough... oh probably, but it's so worth it!

Definitely!

Rivad hurries off to get fitted for formal uniform for Luke and Mara's reception...

You really think it will be a 'formal' reception? ;)

GreatOne: I don't think H/L are even ENGAGED yet!

No, they're not. You'd better give Han a swift kick to get him going.

J_M_Bulldog: I, for one, am proud they chose to wait.

Thanks! I am, too. :)

Jaina_and_Jag: When he proposed, I'm sitting here repeating to myself aloud 'He just proposed.' It took a while for it to click.

It took a minute for it to click for Mara, too. Not something she was expecting.

I'm very happy that they have decided to wait until after they're married... although it sounds like it won't be too long. I can't wait for more shocking stuff!

You're expecting shocking stuff? Hmmm... I may have to go back and rewrite.

JainaPadmeJade: won't H/L be surprised when they come back all married?

'Surprised' will be an understatement. :p

Kazzy: Unless it's one of those horrible things where they wake up and one of them has been dreaming. Or they've both been dreaming and they won't admit it. Or...

No, I can assure you that it hasn't been a dream. Dream-come-true, maybe. [face_laugh]

Gabri_Jade: And THIS is where the fanfix update left off, before the site crashed. It almost killed me.

Really? I thought I had 3/4 of it posted before the crash. I know I had sent in the final chapters a good six months before then, but they never updated anymore. I'm gonna miss that site. :(

It just snuck up on her, didn't it? Luke and Mara are so sweet in this chapter.

Thanks! :D

I'll have the next post in a minute. Providing I don't have to reboot the computer, like I already had to do once this morning.

>

24. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Guess it's time we check in on Han & Leia. (Just for you, GreatOne. ;) )

[b]Chapter 6-A[/b]

"Hey, Your Worshipfulness! Wait up!"

Leia Organa turned at the sound of the familiar voice ? a voice that now brought a smile to her face instead of a scowl. She leaned her head back to receive a discreet kiss.

"How was your trip?" Leia asked, as she slipped her hand around Han's arm.

"Hmmm, delivered the supplies to Bimmisaari, as ordered. Dropped Chewie off at Kashyyyk for a visit with his family. Brought back a load of Wookiee-designed ship parts. All in all, it was ... boring as hell."

"And ... did you miss me?" Leia gave him a private little smirk as they turned a corner in the wide corridor leading to the New Republic's offices.

"'Course I did," Han responded, favoring her with his best lop-sided grin. "I don't know how Chewie does it. If I ever get married ? and mind you, I have no such plans ? I could never leave my wife for long stretches like he does."

"Is that so?" Leia raised one delicate eyebrow. "If I were ever to marry ? not that I have such plans either ? I would never let my husband go away for long periods of time."

"Glad we're in agreement," Han whispered, leaning over for another kiss, until a pair of high-ranking officials passing by prompted Leia to gently push him upright.

"Well, you haven't missed anything here," Leia continued the conversation. "A half dozen planets have petitioned for membership in the New Republic, with a day's worth of meetings for each one."

"All right, you win. You've had a more boring week than I have." Han gave Leia's hand a warm squeeze as she clutched his arm. "Speaking of new member planets, how's your brother doing on his first recruitment mission?"

"Actually, I haven't heard a thing about the mission since Mon Mothma first mentioned it, which was before Luke even knew. In fact, I'm on my way to see her now. Hopefully he's reported in."

"You didn't talk to him before he left?"

"No, I didn't have a chance." Leia frowned regretfully. "I was out late the evening before, meeting with a delegation from Obroa-Skai, as I recall. And he was up and gone when I awoke the next morning."

"Was he even home the night before he left?" Han snickered. "Perhaps he had someone more important to say goodbye to."

"Now, Han, don't go jumping to conclusions."

"Has the ice maiden been acting lonely without him?"

"Haven't seen her. But then, I didn't expect to. You know she keeps to herself when Luke's not around." Leia paused before the ornate door they had reached. "Here we are."

Mon Mothma rose as Han and Leia entered. "Good morning, Leia. And welcome back, General Solo. I'm glad you returned in time to hear this also."

"Hear this?" Leia questioned, as she and Han took a seat.

"Yes. We received a transmission from Regent Ke'lor of Lorrd a short time ago."

"Don't tell me the kid's got 'em to join up already!" Han grinned lazily.

Mon Mothma gave him a cool stare. "I'm afraid Commander Skywalker hasn't arrived on Lorrd yet."

"What?!" Leia scooted forward on the edge of her seat. "But he should have gotten there four days ago!"

"Exactly. The Lorrdians did receive a garbled transmission from him, the day before his scheduled arrival."

Mon Mothma switched on an audio recording. "There's quite a bit of static, coming from the commander's end." She leaned back to listen, along with Leia and Han.

[i]"This ... mander Luke ... walker of the New ... lic ... vise Re ... Ke'lor ... I ... detained ... ship malfu ..."

"Please repeat, Commander. Your transmission is breaking up."

"...peat, this ... Comm ... Skywalker ... Repub... ... advise ... Ke' ... be delay..." There was a noticeable pause in the recording before it continued. "sev ... ten days ... malfunction ... send ... apol ... copy?"

"Acknowledged, Commander Skywalker. Lorrd Spaceport out."

"... kywalk ..., out."[/i]

"That's it?" Han was the first to speak. "And the Lorrdians just now decided to tell us about this?"

"Regent Ke'lor assumed >

25. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    *gives Han a swift kick for saying he's not ready to get married*

I like how Han just KNOWS that Luke and Mara are a couple! hehe. And only Han would have the nerve to tell Mon Mothma to MYOB! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.