main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~~A Little Fall of Rain~~ (Luke/Mara AU) *Author Notes 3/18/05, please read*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Marawannabe, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Yes, well RL has managed to come up and bite me in the butt. I have had a really lousy couple of days. *sigh* I haven't started working on the next post yet, and won't be able to get to it until Wednesday, at least. I'm shooting for a post Wed. night sometime. Thanks for your patience!

RM-Leia's not looking for war, it's looking for her. :) She just can't get away, can she? Hmm, maybe I'll send her and Han on a loooong vacation at the end. ;)I've been reading your Shackled Past. That is awesome!!! I'm on page 25, only 40 to go! ;)

Am-I thought what you supplied was great! Thanks for getting me over that bump! I owe you one. Hmmm, war. [face_devil]

Lari-Is Callie coming, oh yes! *evil maniacal laughter* Oh, sorry. What will happen? Hmmm, we'll just have to wait and see!

2. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    You are doing wonderful! :)

3. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    crystal417- Thanks so much! I feel so special!

RM- I got done reading Shackled Past lasy night. That was wonderful! I loved it!

Well, I'm just upping this for now. Still hope to have an update by tonight sometime! ;)

4. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    As promised, here ya go! ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

One day later...

"You're going where, Master Skywalker?" Kam serious countenance showed through the viewscreen on the comm station on the Yavin, the network on Yavin IV working beautifully for once.

"Leia has been called out to the Diamala homeworld, Han, Mara, Callista, and I going to assist her."

Kam sighed. "Master Skywalker, I'm sorry--"
    "Kam," Luke sighed. "You tried to call, it wasn't your fault that a bad connection prevented you from telling me that Callista was on her way to see me."

"When she stopped by the Jedi Academy, I nearly dropped my jaw."

Luke chuckled. "I know how that is." Luke felt a minor ripple in the Force. "Look, Kam, I've got to go. I'll see you soon."

"May the Force be with you, Master Skywalker." Kam nodded.

"And with you, Kam." Luke shut down the holonet, and stepped out into the hallway. "Mara!" he called to the fast moving red-head. She slowed at the sound of her name, but kept on walking.

Mara, we have to talk about this. He felt her negative thought, but refused to give up on this. They needed to work out their differences, he wasn't about to lose a good friend over one kiss. He jogged down the hall to catch up with her. Mara, wait He tried to put Force emphasis into his words. Mara slowed again, but kept walking.

Luke, leave me alone.

"No," he said aloud from directly behind her, and grabbing her arm, dragged her protesting into an empty room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Callista sat in one of the council rooms that had been set up for Leia's diplomatic team. Leia was giving instructions to different aides regarding information gathering. Leia wanted to know everything she possibly could about this conflict. Sometimes the key to prevention was information. Callista didn't know what she was looking for, but then again, neither did Leia.

Callista smiled to herself as she returned to the secret place in her heart that held all of her special memories. At the top of the current list was Luke's kiss. Callista grinned as she recalled the feeling of Luke's soft lips on hers, surprised at first, but then passionate in his return of the kiss. She had taken the great Jedi master by surprise! That didn't happen everyday. Her hand slowly crept up to touch her own lips. How long had she wished that she and Luke could be together again! If his response was any indication, Luke and Callista should be well on their way to what they once were, what Callista had always longed for.

Her memory turned bitter at Mara's intrusion. Callista frowned, her gray eyes serious. Luke felt something for that Jade woman. Well, Jade was just a minor technicality. A problem to be dealt with in time.

"Callista?" Leia's voice jerked her out of her reverie.

"Leia?" Callista blushed. "I'm sorry, my mind was elsewhere."

Leia sighed. "That's alright, but we could use your help. Any Jedi insight you may have..."

Callista nodded. This was now. Luke and Jade could wait.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mara whirled around to face Luke. "What do you think you are doing?" she hissed fiercely, her voice echoing softly in the empty quarters that Luke had dragged her into.

"Mara, we have to talk."

"I don't want to talk to you, Luke!" Mara yelled, causing Luke to flinch.

"I know, but I want to talk to you." Luke's voice was raised in tightly controlled anger. "Now, sit down!"

Mara dropped into a chair at the tone in Luke's voice, visions of angry Jedi looming before her eyes. Palpatine had never harmed her. He hadn't the need to. He would use what he called "demonstrations". After seeing only one, fear kept Mara from ever disobeying his orders.

Luke let out a breath, and dropped to a knee beside her chair. "Mara, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you."

'Who's frightened?" Mara snarled.

"Mara..." Luke said slowly.

Mara gave up trying to hide her feelings from him, and nodded slightly. It unnerved her sometimes, how Luke could eerily read her thoughts, sometimes knowing what she was thi

TheNewFuture likes this.
  5. Justice_for_All

Justice_for_All Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2001
    So Luke wants Mara instead of Callista. Things get even more interesting. Can't wait for more.

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I hate Callista!!!!!!!!

Nice scene between Luke and Mara there.

Just returning the favor for reading my story, marawannabe. :) ;) :D

7. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Justice...of COURSE LUke wants mara instead of Callista! Its luke! and Mara! And Callista!

::realizes the above made no sense::

Great post, mwb :D

8. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *stares at the screen and jaw drops*

WOW! WOW! Beautifully done! I actually thought they were going to kiss, but I sort of got the hint that they wouldn't. Where's the fun in that anyhow? So Lukie-boy is up to mischief and now he has Mara nearly displaying her feelings and Callista day-dreaming about him. Force, this boy is hot!

Am [face_love]

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I like the assertive Luke. Lovely scene.

10. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Wow! Lots of replies! Cool. :cool: Hope to have a post up tomorrow night!

J_f_A- Yep, Luke wants Mara, for now anyways... ;)

Liz- Thanks so much! I'm glad you took time to read this little creation of mine. :) I highly recommend Liz's story, Luke's Search. It's great!

Jaded- I totally understand! :D Stick around, things are going to get very interesting.

Am- Awww, you're so sweet. Sorry about spoiling it for you. Thanks so much! Luv ya girl!

RM- Thanks so much! glad you liked it!

11. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Lukie is having entirely too much fun while the women are all twisted. Not that I blame them. He's darn cute, but I have a feeling that he's not going to have much fun soon.
    He just better make the RIGHT choice. ;)

12. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    MJ2- I think you'll be happy with this next post.

Oh, just so y'all know, it is extremely late here, and I was watching ESB while writing. Character Analysis Research don't ya know! ;) So, if this post rots, it's not my fault! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Luke struck the wall of the corridor in frustration. He had been so close! Luke now realized the answer to the question that had plagued him since Callista's surprise arrival. He had asked Han how he knew Leia was the right one for him. Han's answer had been that he couldn't live without her.

Luke had gone on living without Callista, as much as it had hurt. The five years since her departure and reappearance had been marked with pain, and yet growth. He had been deeply hurt by Callista, his dreams at night, always about her. Leia, Han, and the children had helped bring him back from the dark precipice of depression upon which he had once stood. Yes, the pain had been great, but there was reason to go on living.

Mara had not been the least of them. Even now, Luke realized that his attraction for her ran much deeper and much longer than he had originally thought. Luke had spent so long searching for his destiny in every corner of the universe, when ultimately, she had been staring him in the face. Now, he only had to get Mara to realize it. Force, he loved her.

He loved her! Why had it taken him so long to realize that he loved her? Surely she had felt it. Their bond was much to strong for her not to have felt it. Why had she run from him, from his love and embrace just moments before?

Because she doesn't know what love is. A soft whisper seemed to echo its advice in the room.

Luke stood still, holding his breath. Of course! Mara had been ripped away from any vision of love at a young age. It was replaced with the Emperor's views and twisted thinking. Only time would prove to Mara his feelings for her. Although with the impending battle, what was to say that either of them would be alive when it was all over? He had to tell her the truth right away.

Luke's comlink buzzed softly. Thinking it ws Mara he hurriedly thumbed it on. "Mara?" He asked.

"No," came the husky voice. "This is Callista. I was just thinking about you."

Luke swallowed tightly. Callista. "Oh, you were?"

"Yes, I was." Callista's light hearted laugh plummeted Luke's sprits to his shoes.

"Callista, we need to talk."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mara ran down the corridor, terrified. She couldn't breathe, she had to get away. Something was not right, she and Luke should have never...

Why not? a little voice in her inquired.

Mara ran down the hall, red hair streaming, green eyes wide with almost hysterical terror. She stumbled over her own feet and collapsed to the floor. She could feel Luke's thoughts, his emotions and feelings, his, dare she say it, love?

"Mara? Are you all right?"

Mara peeked up from the ground into Solo's face. "Uh, yeah, I just tripped."

Solo grabbed her arm and hauled her to her feet. "Are you sure?" His brown eyes searched hers. Mara turned her head away and jerked her arm back. "I'm fine, Solo." she said through gritted teeth.

Han let go of her and backed away slowly. "Whatever you say."

Mara continued down the hallway, this time at a more dignified pace. Her thoughts flew rampant, never staying in one place for more than one second at a time. Not only was she on the verge of an emotional breakdown, Han Solo had seen her in this state. That was something she certainly did not need.

She slapped at the door panel, leading her into the cargo bay where the Fire was docked. Lovingly she ran her hand down the side of her ship. Here she could think, be alone with her thoughts.

Luke. Even thinking his name brought tremors to her hands. The feeling of his arms wrapped around her waist, the intensity of their almost kiss. Her heart cried out even now to know that she had run away from him. Mara dropped into the pilot's chair and stared blankly at the helm.

Their bond to each other was growing stronger, fueled by em

13. TreeCave

TreeCave Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Poor Mara. I like how you've captured her one big vulnerability - she just doesn't know what to make of feelings toward others. I figure she grew up without family, friends, or romantic love - and with a healthy dose of Palpatine's indoctrination. I just grew up in a neurotic environment and that was enough to make me a loner who has trouble trusting - imagine what it would be like for her!

But she's wrong about thinking Han's the last person she wants to see her in that state - he knows a thing or two about women who are scared to open up their feelings. ;)

Very nice post!

14. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    perfect explanation for Mara's fears. Love is totally foreign to her and Luke realizes it. He just has to teach her.

15. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Love you too, girlie! I think I'm going to have to start up a cheering squad for this fic! Interesting Post, I'm excited that you decided to flesh out the feelings of both of them.

Am [face_love]

16. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    that was excellent! You really captured their thoughts and emotions there.

:)

17. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Wonderful. :) RM is right. Luke will have to show her. She's never been shown love. She's probably been taught to bottle up all her true feelings. To suddenly be given the chance, must be a bit frightening.

18. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Great great...now do we get to the see the talk...the TALK??? between Luke and callista?

This should make the trip to Diamal very, very interesting... ;)

19. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    TreeCave- Thanks for reading! This part of the story was actually not in my original outline, it was just a matter I felt needed to be addressed as the story progressed. I'm glad you like it. :)

As to Han, we'll have to see what comes of that encounter.

RM- Thanks so much! Let's hope Luke is a good teacher. ;)

Am- If you really want to start up that cheering squad, I won't stand in your way. ;) :D Thanks for sticking with me! Your comments mean alot to me.

Liz- Awww, you're so sweet! I still have to read Mara's search, haven't had the time yet.

MJ2- Yes, Lukie has his work cut out for him. Mara has alot to work past and learn.

Jaded- Ah yes... The infamous talk. [face_devil] Interesting? You think this next part will be interesting! MUWAHAHAHA! *realizes where she is* Oh, I meant, just wait and see. ;)

Everyone- I'm working on the post right now. Hope to have it up later tonight! Love y'all!

20. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
  21. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Hey everyone, sorry about not posting. I was working on the next post when a friend from Alabama called. I hadn't talked with her since before Christmas, so I got a little wrapped up.

I'm still working on the next post, hope to have it up within the next few days.

MJ2- Thanks for upping, I read your "Too Much of a Good Thing", that was great! Every time the doorbell rang I was like, oh no, not again! LOL

Liz- I also got to read your "Mara's Search". That was wonderful! can't wait for your next story!

ok, off to work. ;)

22. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Ok, here's a short post to hold you over. ;) Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Callista ran down the corridor and launched herself into Luke's arms, embracing him with all her heart. She threw her arms around his neck and brought his head down to hers for a kiss.

"I missed you." she breathed into his ear. "Leia's had me searching the archives for Diamala history. I'd rather hoped that you would have come to join me."

Luke cleared his throat uncomfortably. "Callista, I need to talk to you."

"Luke, I love you." Callista lightly brushed tiny kisses along his jaw line. She grabbed his hand and led him into an empty room. Once inside, she leaned up to catch him in another passionate kiss.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Luke's mind was on fire. He couldn't think of anything save Callista, and her kisses. They were like fire, warm and wonderful, at the same time biting and demanding. What had he come here for? He couldn't remember. Callista caught him in another kiss, without a thought, he gave over to her, wrapping his arms around her and crushing her to his body. A moan of pleasure escaped his lips. How he had missed this.

Mara... a little voice seemed to whisper in his mind.

With a gasp Luke drew back from Callista abruptly. Mara! How could he do this to her?

"Luke? What's wrong?" Callista drew him over to the repulsor couch and sat next him, placing her hand seductively on his thigh. Luke stiffened, and took her hand and placed it in her own lap.

"Luke?" Callista's voice hardened slightly, and dropped dangerously low.

"Callista," Luke looked down at his hands, before sheepishly returning his gaze to her eyes.

Callista's eyes narrowed. "What is it?"

Luke took a deep breath and looked her square in the eyes. "I'm in love with Mara."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Comments, feedback, free food, anything? :D

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Wonderful post! Admit it to her and maybe she will go away. Though, I am part of 'Team Callistar', so I shouldn't be saying that. Anyhow, I would offer you free food but I only have orange juice. More please, post whenever you can. I cannot help thinking about how nicely your icon goes with your name :p

Am [face_love]

24. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Come on Luke. You shouldn't let those kisses distract you. You are suppose to be telling Callista something. Remember? the red-head?
    Blunt and to the point might earn you a slap in the face.

Sorry, had to lecture Luke. *turns off motherly mode*

Thanks for that post. And it wasn't really late. I'm still up.:)

25. TreeCave

TreeCave Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    I second the lecture, RM. You'd think a trained Jedi would have a little more power of concentration there.

::spanks Luke with a replica of Yoda's gimer stick::