main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~~A Little Fall of Rain~~ (Luke/Mara AU) *Author Notes 3/18/05, please read*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Marawannabe, Dec 28, 2001.

1. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    You know, he forgot about Mara awfully quick, I'm beginning to suspect that Callista is stacking the deck using the Force on him somehow. Don't mind me I'm just suspicious. :)

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    why do I see Callista acting like she did in my parent trap story? :) (If you read the story, you know what I am talking about).

Luke, go for it! Dump that evil Callista!

3. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Now now..shes not EVIL...just a little...misguided?

I hate to say this...but luke got himself into this mess...itll be his job to get out of it! Good luck to him...i wouldnt want to be in his shoes...

4. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Hey everyone, sorry about no post yet. I've been extremely busy these last couple days. Maybe I'll have one up tomorrow, no promises though.

Lady Am- ;) I didn't know you were apart of Team Callistar! Huh, you learn something new everyday. Glad you like it so far! :) Umm, thanks for the offer on the orange juice, but I think I'll pass. (Just brushed my teeth. :D Thanks about the icon too! The more I see it, the more I like it! It really does fit my personality!

RM- I keep forgetting that the boards are on PST, It was really late for me. ;) Lecture Luke away, he deserved it!

TreeCave- LOL, do me a favor and don't beat him too hard, I still need him for the rest of my story!

MJ2- Callista? Using the Force against Luke? Hmmm, I don't know! ;) (That's actually not my intent. Just wanted to make the scene a little more interesting. [face_devil] ;))

Liz- Haven't read that one yet. Adds Parent Trap to growing list of stories to read

Jaded- Misguided is correct. And a little love struck. I'm actually feeling sorry for her. Huh, never expected that one.
    I don't think anyone would want to be in Luke's shoes.

More to come, soon!

5. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    alright...so can we see a post?

6. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    All right Jaded, all right! Here is a post. ;) Patience is a virtue, my dear. :D j/k

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Leia?" Han stepped into the darkened room, and called for the lights. "Leia?" He repeated softly. Movement stirred off to his right, and as he turned, Han spotted his wife. Leia was sitting at the small conference table, datacards spread all around her, her face in her hands.

Han walked up softly behind her, and placed his hands on her shoulders, gently squeezing them to let her know of his presence.

"That feels good." came her soft murmur.

Han continued to massage her shoulders. "You've been working to hard." He brushed a soft kiss on her hair.

"Please, Han. Don't start. This situation is serious." Leia rolled her head to try to loosen her stiff muscles.

"So am I." Han moved his hands to the back of her neck and heard her sigh in pleasure. "Why don't we talk to Gavrisom about some vacation time after this? I hear that Fondor is nice this time of year."

Leia's soft laugh brought a smile to his face. "Sounds good to me." She slowly stood up and turned to face him. She slipped her arms around his waist and laid her soft head on his chest. "We deserve a vacation."

Han's roguish grin said it all. "Yes, we do." He bent and kissed her gently, softly, their passion building slowly like an early morning campfire. Gaining in intensity and heat. Moments like these were altogether to rare. Moments where they could leave the past and the future behind them, forget their responsibilities, and just be together.

Han felt Leia sigh quietly as she slowly drew away. Wishing to linger still a bit more, Han brought forth an interesting bit of news. "I saw Mara in the hallway just now."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Callista's eyes narrowed dangerously, causing Luke to wonder momentarily if he was doing the right thing. Almost as soon as that thought finished, he knew, just knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that this was his destiny. Nothing could stand in the way.

"You're what?" Callista almost snarled in anger.

He stood, wanting to put some distance in between the two of them. Luke swallowed, but repeated strongly. "I'm in love with Mara." His cheek stung before the realization crossed his mind that she was going to slap him. Her anger and hurt physically shocked him back against the nearby wall.

"I don't believe this!" she railed against him. "How could you let me go on like this? When you knew that you had feelings for her??"

"Callista, I never meant--"

"Shut up! Just shut up!" She yelled, using the Force to propel him towards the door. "Get out!"

Luke found himself outside of the room before he could fathom what was happening. So much for settling things peacefully.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So, Mara looked scared?" Leia asked carefully.

"Terrified is more like it. What could have frightened her that bad?" Han scratched his chin slowly, thinking. "She's tough. I don't think just anything would have given her a reaction like that."

Leia reached out to the Force and quickly found Mara's presence. She appeared to be in a deep state of thought. Her emotional shields held firmly in place. "I can't get a clear reading on her emotions. I hope she's all right."

"Whatever you do, don't check on her. She'd take that as an insult."

Leia shot an endearing glare at her husband. "I know that, Laser Brains."

Han laughed. "It's been awhile since you last called me that." He leaned in to steal a quick kiss.

Leia laughed softly and reached out to the Force again. Something had been different. She didn't know what. She found Mara in the same state, but sensed an underlying confusion in the woman. Her sense idly drifted to Luke, and in a flash she knew what was going on.

Slowly Leia turned to Han. "What is it?" he asked quickly. "I don't like that look."

Leia just smiled. "Luke's in love."

Han nodded slowly. "We knew that. Callista's back, remember?"

Leia shook her head. "No, Luke's not in love with Callista. He's in love with Mara."

The look that passed over Han's fa

7. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Uh-oh, Callista what are you up to? This is not good, but on the other hand we've got some good Han/Leia mush :) Good Job! Loved it!

Am [face_love]

8. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    great post!

I really love this story since you are showing the true Callista: evil and full of the dark side!

Luke, forget about Callista and try to get Mara to show her feelings.

9. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Oh boy, Luke's in trouble now. Maybe Mara too. :)

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Callie has the right to be angry, but I have a feeling she's going to carry her anger too far.

Mariah's right, both Luke and Mara are in trouble.

Nice to see Han/Leia mush. :)

11. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Just remember, Hell hath no fury like a woman spurned.

12. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Am- Thanks girl. Han is my favorite movie character, I had to throw it in somewhere! Yes, what is Callista up to? Hmmmm. *evil maniacal laughter* I know!!! [face_devil] :D

Liz- Thanks! Now, now, Callista's not evil, she's just... ummmm, angry? ;)

MJ2- It doesn't look good for them right now, does it?

RM- You never know do you? ;)

Everyone- I promised Am a new post tonight, and am going to do my best to get it up! Thanks for your patience. I'll be back later. :D

13. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Here ya go! ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alone, Mara sat on the Jade's Fire with just her thoughts to keep her company. She was still trying to grasp the fact that Luke was in love with her, with Mara Jade. Not Callista as everyone for so long had believed. What could he possibly see in her? In the one person who had tried to kill him time and time again. The one person who could annoy him to no end--

The one person who completes me, totally.

Mara gasped. That thought had not come from her mind.

The one person who knows me, better than anyone else.

Luke? Mara inquired.

The one person that I love, with all of my heart.

Mara slowly turned to see Luke leaning against the bulkhead. "Luke?"

Luke crossed the space between the two of them quickly, reaching for her hands, and trying not to wince as she stiffened at his touch. "Mara, I love you." he whispered softly.

Mara abruptly stood and jerked away from him. "You don't know what you're saying Luke!" her voice cracked in panic. "I don't know what you're saying."

Luke sighed and reached for her arm. She tried to pull away, so Luke reached out with the Force and firmly turned her towards him.

"Skywalker, let me go!"

"No, Mara." he said firmly. He strode to her side and wrapped his arms around her waist. "I know exactly what I'm talking about."

He took in her dark, liquid emerald eyes. So much was revealed to him there. The eyes really were the window to the soul. As if his hand had a mind of it's own, it slowly lifted, coming to rest on her cheek, then finding its way slowly through her luxurious red-gold tresses. Her eyes closed slowly, in soft pleasure. Luke's gaze dropped to her lips, warm and soft, he was sure. How he wanted to find out.

"What do you want from me Luke?" Mara's whispered request came as a shock to him.

"Want from you? What do you mean?"

Mara slowly wrapped her arms around his neck and laid her head on his chest. She sighed slowly. "You heard me."

Luke stepped back slightly. "Mara," he whispered. "Love is to give, not to expect something in return." He grasped her face in his hands gently. Her eyes flew open and regarded him thoughtfully.

"I, um." Mara bit her lip.

"Mara," Luke placed a single finger on her lips, effectively hushing her. "I just want you to know that I love you. I don't want anything in return. In time, I hope you will be free to give in return."

Slowly he brushed his thumb over her gentle lips and leaned closer to her. Her emerald green eyes drifted shut as she brought her head up to meet his. Slowly, Luke leaned forward. His hands brushed through her hair, slowly drawing her closer to him.

Mara's emotional shields were as low as they had ever been. His thoughts poured into her mind and back again with little restraint. That was a gift in itself.

I love you Mara.

As he bent his head to brush her lips with his own in a gentle kiss, his comlink went off in his pocket. He tried not to let his aggravation at the interruption show as he fumbled for his comlink. He had been so close to finding out if those lips were as soft as he had always thought!

"What?" he said abruptly into it.

"Luke, sorry to interrupt, but we've arrived." came Leia's calm voice.

Luke tried to ignore Mara's rueful laughter as he replied, "I'll be right there."

He gently brushed Mara's cheek with his fingers. "Next time my love."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Comments, feedback?

Always! [face_love]

14. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Just letting you know it's been updated! :D

15. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    *RM melts into a puddle*

Comlinks, the cell phone of the future.

Thanks for the update.

16. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    *melts along with RM*

Very romantic! I could almost imagine the scene occurring right before my very eyes. Great job Mara, you certainly had me pulled in.

Am [face_love]

17. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    sweet, romantic post, wannabe!

Didn't Callista come along, too?????

Oh, why oh why did Leia have to interrupt.

18. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    RM- Aww thanks. Darn those comlinks!!!

Am- Thanks girl! I'm glad you liked it!

Liz-No, Callista's still in her room, venting. And Leia is just being a sister. Always interrupting at the wrong moments!

Any other comments? I seem to have lost readers. :_|

I hope to have another update up sometime in the next few days. Tonight, possibly, if I don't have to work late again. :D

19. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Not lost, just sick. <cough, cough>

Callista's winning in the kiss count! That should not be allowed to happen. Leia, leave them alone, so Mara can catch up!

That was so romantic. I loved how he invaded her thoughts telling her what she means to him. :)

20. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Aww thanks, Mariah. I hope you get better soon!

Here's the next part. ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Leia, do you have any idea how incredibly lousy your timing is?" Luke teased as he stepped onto the bridge of the Yavin to his sister's side.

Leia flashed him a brief smile. "You have a lot to share, little brother."

Luke laughed and tweaked her nose. "Since when are you older?"

Leia laughed softly, but her dark eyes soon turned serious. "Luke, here's the situation." She indicated a viewscreen that showed at least 20 ships, armed and ready for battle. "The Diamala and Ishori have held off the conflict for the time being. I'm going to try some last minute diplomacy."

"And if that doesn't work?"

Leia just raised an eyebrow in his direction.

"Right, then it's time to get busy." Luke sighed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For the second time that day, Mara sat alone in the cockpit of the Jade's Fire. Holy Force! She couldn't believe that Luke was in love with her! In a way that gave her a sort of freedom that she had never felt before. A sense of freedom that had no bounds!
    It was almost as if Luke had been holding the key to her heart, and in one swoop, he unlocked the door to her heart, setting her trapped spirit free.

Could she learn to love Luke in return? Yes, she cared for him greatly. Wondered what he was thinking, what he was doing. Even worried a little about his safety. She had felt the electricity and passion of their two close encounters. She longed to finally be able to be with him. To feel his lips on hers, the touch of his hair beneath her hands.

Callista. The thought of her rival's name made her fingers curl. In a way, Mara was glad that she had come back. Her sudden reappearance had forced Luke and herself to evaluate their feelings for each other, but now Mara wished that Callista would go away. She wanted Luke to herself and would not have it any other way.

A brief stirring in the Force alerted her of someone coming. Mara got out of the pilot's seat to go meet her visitor.

"Well, speak of the devil." Mara said flippantly as Callista breezed in the door.

Callista snarled in her direction, her eyes and hair wild. "Callista?" Mara asked quietly.

"Tramp." came the soft accusation.

"Hey now." Mara bristled under the insult. "There's no need to get personal here."

Callista drew her lightsaber and ignited it, the topaz yellow beam seeming very deadly and dangerous. "It's always been personal, Mara. We're going to settle it right here, right now."

Mara backpedaled quickly, fumbling for her lightsaber also. With a familiar snap-hiss, the blue beam ignited. This lightsaber, the one that Luke himself had given her meant more to her now than ever before.

Callista's hollow laughter filled the docking bay. "So, you will fight me, Mara Jade? Just one problem. You are not yet a jedi."

Mara gazed into her thrumming blue blade, her mind whirling with all that had happened in the last few days. Slowly, she looked up at Callista and reached out to the Force for guidance.

"No," she said softly. "But, I'm close enough."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There ya go. ;) Comments?

21. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Boy oh boy! What a post, hmm Callista maybe it is Mara who should be calling you tramp? Leave her and Luke alone and go off and find your own man. It's honestly not worth, having a fight over. Yay! Great post!

Am [face_love]

22. Justice_for_All

Justice_for_All Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2001
    nice post, sorry I haven't posted in awhile been in luker mode and been busy. Can't wait for more.

23. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Luke should interrupt and say, "Ladies, there is more than enough to go around", oh wait, that's what Lando would say.
    ;)

Good Post!

24. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    LOL, Liz. Nope I can't picture Luke saying that. :) Hope Mara whips her behind.

25. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Am-But... Callista wants this man!!! Glad you like it! Lightsaber battles are much harder to write than I thought.

J_f_A- Glad to have you back! I was wondering where you went. ;) Thanks.

Liz-LOL!!!! I cannot ever imagine Luke saying that, and if he did, oh I pity what Mara would do to him!!!

Mariah-We shall see. ;)