main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Saga A Montage of Melty Moments! [Spoonfuls of Mush]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 3, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all for the fantab reviews! Legends is rich with so many plot-lines and sub-plot lines that I can pick and choose from and tweak with [face_laugh] But it's the characters I love! ^:)^

The entire batch originated by Tim Zahn & Corran, Kyp, Jag, & Zekk, whom I like to call the dreamy green-eyed dudes! [face_mischief]
    Jaina, Tahiri, Tenel Ka -- strong vibrant women! [face_love]

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    "Fond Memories"

For Han and Luke, it was strange how the effect of the passage of time turned hair-raising, narrow escapes into "fond" memories and the uncertainties of battle into "guaranteed" victories.
    Mara and Leia guessed it was a "guy thing."

They rolled their eyes and shrugged whenever their spouses became sentimental about the "good old days."

"I don't know what you're referring to, hotshot." Leia said on one occasion. "You can't be thinking of that mad-dash through the TIEs."

Han grinned his endearing, lop-sided grin. "Sure, sweetheart."

"And what about you, Skywalker?" Mara asked with a strong tone of doubt.

"Any adventure we share is an exciting one." He answered.

"Smooth, Luke, real smooth." Han approved.

***~~

"Tangled Emotions" Jaina & Kyp

Jaina's feelings for Kyp were a tangled mess. She had crushed on him in a very unabashed way as a pre-teen and then felt a jumble of resentment and gratitude after the Myrkr mission where so much had been lost.

Later, once she wound up with Jag, Kyp settled into being an unofficial "big" brother, one she welcomed, as it filled some of the void left behind from other losses.

**~~

"Wishful Thinking"

Mon Mothma, from the perspective of long years of struggle, felt more than a little vindicated in her choices after the decisive victory at Endor. Her mentoring and unofficial "mothering" of Leia had paid off. She had become a brilliant and compassionate leader.

It was very gratifying when wishes and hopes became solid reality.

"Valuable Lessons"

Luke tried to impart to his students the lessons he'd learned from Kenobi and Yoda, in the midst of apprehension and self-questioning.
    He had felt ill-equipped to take on the burdens of saving anything or anyone from the ever-looming Empire. But as he saw his students flourish, Luke realized that those hard-won lessons had been absorbed by himself, after all, and it was his privilege to pass them on. Particularly when there had been times he'd wondered if he'd have any students to train.

***~~~~~

"Pleasant Surprises"

Ben Skywalker and his older sister Ciera were sharing a couple slices of warm cake as he told her about his feelings for Jysella Horn. His sister was 5 years older than he; even though they'd been snarky growing up, as adults they were more like best pals.

"Do you think I have a chance?"

"Hey, what do you have to lose? It couldn't be a longer shot than Dad and Mom were once upon a time." Ciera said encouragingly.

Ben thought about his parents, how much in love they still were, and his hopes rose.

He commed Jysella and asked her out for fried tubers and nerf-burgers and malted shakes.

If she said yes to such a casual date, then he could treat her at an upscale place in the future. But he was a bundle of nerves as it was; no sense making it worse by being in a "stuffy" restaurant.

She grinned and accepted readily. One of the first of several pleasant surprises, as he found out that his childhood friend returned his admiration and attraction.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw, what a delightful batch of mushy gems! This was such a lovely variety of characters and tones, and I can't decide which one I like best. :D

Fond Memories: Boys will be boys, it seems, even our boys! [face_laugh] I loved the teasing and affection between spouses in this one. [face_love]

Tangled Emotions: Beautiful introspection! Especially with a subject as complicated as Jaina Solo! :p But I love Kyp settling into a brotherly role for her, after untangling everything elae. She's lost so much that, even more so than romance at times, she just needs a friend. And Kyp can be that for her!

Wishful Thinking: I love this! Especially with how close Mon Mothma was with both the Organas and Padmé, seeing Leia flourish as a leader must be such a sweet, rewarding feeling! So much of Mon's career and life can be described as 'investing in the future', and with Leia most of all that truly paid off! [face_love]

Valuable Lessons: Oh, Luke! I love that, with all the power at his fingertips, he's still so humble and even overly self critical as he takes on the monumental task of training the next generation of Jedi Knights! But he's learned well from those who've taught him, and his care and concern are going to be for the best result in the end! This was spot on in character, and beautiful to read.

Pleasant Surprises: Aw, young love! This ship brought back so many memories for me, and I loved the nonstalgic EU feel when mixed with the vibe of teenage romance. This was too sweet to read!!

Beautiful work, as always! :D [:D]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  4. enzo90

enzo90 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 28, 2016
    “Pleasant Suprises”

Hm... I’d like to see some of this “snarkiness” from Ben and Ciera when they were younger.;)

And the relationship... we’ll see how that goes. We know Luke isn’t the best advice for relationships- after all, his love of his life DID try to kill him. I suppose it worked out in the end though. =D

Love all of it! Keep up the good work.:)

5. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    WarmNyota: All of these are quite fun - you have a real talent with the slice-of-life scenes, and being able to capture personalities in just a few words. :D=D=

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great fun with the pieces where Luke and Mara and the EU characters are alive and beloved

7. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    It couldn't be a longer shot than Dad and Mom were once upon a time.

There's understatements... and then there's that, lol. Good drabbles.

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Your ability to say so much with using so few words is breathing as usual. Even when enjoying this during a train ride.