main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST A Most Happy Day. Very Short One Shot July 27, 2017

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DARTH_MU, Jul 27, 2017.

1. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Title: a Most Happy Day
    Author: Darth Mu
    Timeframe: Circa 30 ABY
    Characters: Tahiri, and Ben Solo
    Genre: Fluff
    Keywords:picnic, Wedding, Family.
    Summary: What might have been. TFA AU

“Who wants another nerf dog?” Ben Solo asked as he stabbed the meat with the plasteel longfork.

“Keep them coming, Master.” Lusa said.

“I told you not to call me that!” Ben smiled, using the Force to move the medium rare meat toward the Chironian.

“It’s not Lusa’s fault, dummy,” Tahiri reached for the dishes of Corellian fish Ben just finished grilling. “Some of us still remember your Master of Knights of Ren phase.”

“I’m never going to hear the end of it, am I?”

“Not in your life.” Tahiri smiled at her fiance.

“Za right!” Tahiri’s best friend, and now bride of honor, slurred, “the ad’ika don get off tha eee zy. Ge him to tell you... tell you Snoke guy...”

“Honor, sweetie, you had too much.” Jedi Master, Scout, who happened to be Honor’s grandaunt, took her hand and sat her down on a table.

“No,” Honor struggled with Scout, Nah, I ‘usn’ye a shoto, shabiir... shabiir....”

The auburn haired girl snored, a drool was threatening to develop.

“I’m so sorry, she had too much of the brandy.” Scout said apologetically.

“Don’t worry about it.” Tahiri said, smiling, “If I know her, she’ll be her perky self in no time.”

“KISS! KISS! KISS!” The group around the clearing chanted.

So Tahiri and Ben did.

It was later. Tahiri was feeding Honor’s and hers joint owned goldfishes. Someone knock on her door.

Her door, and Ben’s. Their door.

“Chewie! What a surprise! Come in.” Tahiri greeted her friend. “I thought you and Leia weren’t able to come, the issue on Kuat. Han’s checking out the sabaac games downstairs, and Ben’s in the refr--”

The Wookiee hugged her. Tahiri hugged him back. She felt warm, safe, and loved.

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Just. One. Word. SQUEEEEEEE! Thank you. LOL [:D]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Hey WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Thanks for dropping by and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

As I was writing it the end had a complete different ending where the real TFA Chewie (dimension hopping again) is supposed to be coming out for revenge against Kylo Ren. Then I just couldn't write it like that because it would meant hurting Tahiri again.

Well, everyone, thanks for reading.

Sith-I-5 and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 14, 2017
    Now that is seriously an alternate universe that you described. I was thinking, "O.K., Ben's been redeemed, but everybody's too happy." Then I saw that he didn't kill his father. Then I was like, "Ah! That explains the happiness overload in this story."

I liked it. Nice to see some stuff that isn't tragic.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww... that was really cute! I like seeing happy Tahiri! I always enjoyed her character before things got a little weird.
    This was a fun read! Thanks for sharing!

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'" Though this isn't a sad story at all, of course—it's happiness all the way through. :) Yes, what if Ben's "Knights of Ren" phase had only been a phase, something that passed quickly and had no lasting implications? Then his dad would still be around to play sabacc in his son and daughter-in-law's living room, and pleasant surprise visits from his mom and the faithful Wookiee family friend would be a thing. It is indeed nice to see a universe of happy endings rather than sad ones—and the way you've mashed up NuCanon and Legends characters here is very cool too. :cool:

7. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    PlanetSmasher

Thanks. I was writing some deep angsty stuff and decided to switch gears. I am glad you liked it. This is what happens when a guy named Snoke asked around, and Ben Solo said no way. No attack on the Jedi Academy.

mavjade

I am very glad that you enjoyed this. If I couldn't save Tahiri, I'll do my best to save Tahiri 2.0 :)

Findswoman

Yep, that phase lasted for like a week or so, and Ben was recruiting, but then thought better. So I'm glad I was able to bring some lighthearted stuff for you to enjoy.

Everyone

Thanks for reading.

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Pleasant enough piece.

A bit of segue between the after-wedding evening, and whichever day Chewie turned up would have been nice.

I particularly liked the lickle bit of sozzled Mando'a, from Tahiri's best friend.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You write Chewie in a very heart warming way. Thank you! @};-

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.