main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A New Animated Series Coming?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Bor Mullet, Jun 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    From the most recent MSW podcast (Patreon):

This is like, speculation that there's speculation. Make a thread when there's something more concrete. -TtJ

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2019
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    ROTJ - Pre TFA. 29 years of rich history. From Ashoka/Sabine's search for Ezra to Luke/Lor san tekka's search for jedi lore to FO origins in detail and the politics in the new Republic. This also a more story focused show then both Rebels and the Resistance. Probaly more like The Clone Wars, but as an anthology as that was. Also Filoni and Jon Faveru on this along with the Mandalorian, they must be cooking something big together. Mando's in this with out doubt's might connect with the live action show. Can't wait to hear more of this.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I was about to get excited until the "more central to the story than Rebels or Resistance" line. I'm just looking forward to a continuation of the Ahsoka/Sabine search than anything else.

Merric likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It still could be that just more story driven like CW was story driven in it's later seasons. We could have different characters to follow like Ashoka/Sabine and also follow Luke on his adventures, plus what ever happens in the unkown regions with Ezra/Thrawn and the 7th fleet.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  5. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    You mean like an anthology series?

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That would be pretty cool.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    No not like that more like in chronological order, and connected. Ashoka/Sabine and Luke/Lor san tekka both in the unknown regions exploring but in different places. I don't think an anthology series is coming back again as it may confuse the audience like some episodes of CW did.

8. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    I guess it'll be too much to ask for a glimpse at the New Republic fleet? Yeah, shouldn't get my hopes up.

나의 SM-G960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We really should get a Han, Luke and Leia series at some point. Perhaps now that the ST is almost over. Come on, Filoni... [face_waiting]

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Didn't we already have something about those three? It was called THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    But first give use the Ashoka/Sabine and Ezra/Tharwn in the unknown regions series, with a little Luke in it and FO.:p

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes and we also had the Prequel Trilogy with Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme yet that didn't stop them from making TCW.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    If it similar to TCW we might get some New republic flieet agains some pirate action.
    I'm sure seeing as this is more story focused like TCW we might some story involving Han and Leia as ther raise little Ben. Luke's probaly off in the unknown region like Ashoka and Sabine, with Lor san tekka looking for jedi lore and learning more of them before starting training jedi. I bet we might some Snoke appearance in later seasons with early FO.

14. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Two versions in 2D and 3D. :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  16. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd love a series about characters that I'm genuinely interested in, because cartoons like Resistance did nothing for me. I'd love to see characters from CW & Rebels converging with the OT heroes. Ideally, anything between ROTJ - TFA would be brilliant, as its something many fans actually desire at this point.

TheCloneWarsForever likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    We had little teases in the Forces of Destiny shorts; where we see Hera conversing on Endor with Han and Chewie as they compare the Falcon to the Ghost.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd love a series giving us a canon version of the Thrawn campaign. This way they could wrap up the loose ends left by Rebels while also including the OT heroes and giving them a legitimate reason to spend most of the series together.

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    My guess is that it’s an animated show about Luke, Han and Leia, and it occurs either in between the OT films, or after ROTJ. Or both.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    My preference would have been a show set between ANH and ESB but Marvel is filling that time period in and I don't see LFL wanting to step on their toes. That's why I say a series focused on the Thrawn campaign. It gives Filoni a chance to tie up the loose ends of Ezra, Ahsoka, Sabine and Thrawn while also using the OT heroes. It's the best of both worlds.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It's most likley post ROTJ, but i doubt Luke/Leia/Han will be the lead protagonists. they be more like guest or reccuring characters. And it's most likley going into what happened with Ezra/Thrawn and Ashoka/Sabine. Leia and Han will be in the with the new Republic. Luke's off with Lor san tekka and researching jedi lore. I doubt Floni wants to use legacy characters to mutch. With TCW he could as the characters were mostly together, but after the OT, it seems Luke was not mutch around as he went looking for knowledge in the force. I doubt we See Thrawn's campaign as it was in legends, I'm pretty sure Thrawn will remain in the unknown regons and battle this threath he fears in the novels with the remains of the 7th fleet and Ezra's help along the chiss.
    Also gives First Order origins as they rebuild there, and be perfect to show it build slowly with Snoke coming in and allign himself with the first leaders of FO. Maybe Snoke comes in contact with Asoka/Sabine/Ezra and Thrawn. We know he comes in contact with the 3 OT heroes.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Sadly I think there's a prerogative to keep the original animated series characters and the film characters as separate as possible. I think LFL is uncomfortable with how it could affect the continuity of the Skywalker Saga. They prefer to let their creative minds work as independently as possible and have no over arching strategy for the universe. They have a timeline, but no long term plan of how to fill it.

23. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    My Guesses?

First Order rise
    Something between 8-9
    Luke and Ben
    Ahsoka/Sabine/Ezra/Thrawn
    Obi-Wan/Anakin between 1-2
    Old Republic
    Solo

24. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    For me, I kind of wanted a new series based on the adventures of the Rebel Alliance after Endor as they help liberate worlds and lead to the New Republic. And you get to see the seeds of the First Orders rise being placed at the same time. I'd personally love to see Rogue Squadron from the old Legends continuity being kind of brought back as we see this ace squadron on their adventures. Maybe even have Wedge as like the lead character. That would serve as a neat bridge between eras. Like we could have something like Clone Wars > Rebels > Post-Endor Series > Resistance.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Many people have been suggesting tying in the familiar OT characters to this new series. You always want to be cautious when doing that. Leia was in a single Episode of Rebels, which was pre-OT so it fit in with canon fine. One of the major complaints of the SW Battlefront 2 campaign was that through the story they seemed to shoe-horn in the likes of Han, Luke, and Kylo where they weren't really necessary. At least ST Leia's presence somewhat made sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.