main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion A new duel theme?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Star Wars fan94, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star Wars fan94

Star Wars fan94 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 13, 2013
    Do you think possibly Williams will come up with a new lightsaber battle theme? I personally want one, the battle themes from the prequels were great, but I don't want them to be used here (want to act as though those movies never happened). I want a new generation of Star Wars music that stand on its own.

Mav Edit: This is a topic that can be discussed in several other threads, mostly the Music of E7 thread.

2. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    There's no reason not to assume John Williams will be dropping new lietmotifs left right and center, just as he did for the original and prequel trilogies. He's also an intelligent enough composer not to simply rehash all that which came before. Duel of the Fates was a distinctly prequel fanfare, and Battle of the Heroes is most definitely Anakin and Obi-Wan's song, so I don't think he'll re-use those unless they're thematically appropriate. You may notice that we rarely hear the Rebel fanfare during the prequel era at all - well that's because there's no Rebels yet, only the seeds of what is to be. Williams also avoided abusing the Imperial March, reserving it for moments when the Empire was most definitely Marching.

That was a long winded tangent. But yes, we're going to hear a new duel theme, or short of a theme, a great duel score.

3. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I think we can safely assume this will be moved to the main "music of Episode VII" thread shortly...

Sean Sinclair likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.