main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub A New Order With A Personal Face - The Galactic Empire of the EUC

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SpecForce Trooper, Aug 3, 2017.

?

Where do your loyalties lie?

1. Original Empire

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. Imperial Remnant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Empire of the Fel Dynasty

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. Empire of Darth Krayt

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. First Order

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. 2nd Imperium

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Pentastar Alignment

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. Empire of the Hand

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. Imperial Warlords

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    DARTH_MU
    Good idea. Notice this: Both Phase 3 armor and TIE/LNs sucked. 100 years later the new Phase 4 kit and the TIE Predators were incredible designs. I'd say Sienar makes Stormtrooper armor.

2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    The Felpire IER originally controlled far less territory than the Original empire and had far fewer resources to draw on. So it makes sense they would invest more in their soldiers as they can't just conscript trillions of human conscripts or rely on clone batches as infinitum.

And furthermore the Felpire I imagine probably cares more for their soldiers welfare and doesn't view them as a "renewable resource". Which indicates an ideological shift from the Palpatinist empire to the Fel empire.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  3. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    What do you guys think the demographics of the Empire of the Hand were? Mostly human? Mostly Chiss? I assume the only humans would be the members of the original conquest and their descendants.

4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I think there were more humans than Chiss.
    The Chiss seem to be pretty isolationistic so I don't think many of them migrated out of their nation.
    Most Chiss we knew in the Hand seemed to have a personal relation to Thrawn.

5. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I imagine Thrawn brought along some Chiss-engineers, scientists, soldiers, etc... Though humans probably did outnumber them by a strong margin.

6. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I imagine the Moffs and Admirals would be Chiss- like-minded people who respected Thrawn and decided to defect and join his organization. The grunts, though, would be humans and local aliens.

7. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    More than likely that seems sensible.

I have a scenario I hope might provoke some discussion. Let's say in 19 ABY the hard line moffs topple Palleaon in a coup and he is killed. They want to continue the war until either total victory or bitter defeat.

How much longer will the war last? Can the NR take Bastion quickly? If not and a 3-4 campaign ensues how will this affect the upcoming Vong War?

Can a pre-emptied imperial strike at this point reach the core?

Thoughts?

8. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    The Imperials would probably last until the Vong arrive. At that point they either form a truce with the NR or fall to the Vong. If an even more war torn Empire and NR were to fight the Vong I'd see them losing. Basically in this scenario, I'd say the Vong win no matter what happens.

9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Wouldn't the NR be more militarized having not been demobilized for six years and so put up a more effective defense?

10. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Good point. The success of the Vong war would probably depend on how much damage the two factions can inflict upon each other in those 6 years.

DARTH_MU likes this.
  11. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    There are a few factors that need to be considered.

1. Numbers. (How much meteriel and manpower still exists for the Empire after theoretical coup? How much is left?
    2. Are the hardliners experienced in guerilla warfare someone like Pellaeon might theoretically have? Or are they stuck on this is my army, that is your army. Let's fight conventionally! mentality?
    3. Loyalty. Will the Imperials have their own version of "Peace Brigade"? Will the population be willing to fight? Support the Imperial government when push comes to shove?

12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    1. Numbers-we'll say that the coup was relatively bloodless only a few coup foot soldiers, Palleaon loyalists, and Palleaon himself were killed. We'll say that the empire retained its limited strength of 19 ABY without any major ship or industrial losses.
    2. No I'd say they'd have a conventional mentality backed up by an almost pitiable desire to either somehow win or fight until the last stormtrooper dies on Bastion either total victory or total defeat is their mindset.
    3. There will be parts of the Imperial populace that don't want to continue the war and are either sympathetic to the NR or Palleaon but any efforts they make will be inconsequential or crushed.

13. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    My thinking is the longer the war with the Vong, the more likelihood of Imperial victory. Simply because the Vong population is limited.
    They will need protracted war. I would start propaganda (Propaganda became a bad word, but for my purposes I mean education with a message). LOYALTY. Fight to the last man! Heroes! Victory is assured et al messages and examples.
    They need voluntary support from the masses. The Empire cannot afford to rule by 100 percent terror anymore, because the Vong have terror to 1000 and 1 percent.
    Shorter the war, the likelihood of total defeat exponentially increases.
    Spam! Build DS. But don't call the Death Stars. Call the Vong destroyers.

14. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    "Vong Destroyer Seven standing by."
    "Commence fire!"
    [Worldship explodes]

DARTH_MU likes this.
  15. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Can the NR in a conventional war overpower the empire and finally snuff it out? Or it would be too costly? I imagine the territory of the remnant was far more tightly controlled and fortified than the empire was in its heyday.

16. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Surely. The Remnant was probably of comparable size to the NR- just much denser. The Republic could probably win, but it would take a while surely. The Vong would probably sit it out. By the end of the conflict they would be too worn out to win, I'd say.

17. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Why did Leia sign the peace treaty?
    Why did Pellaeon?

Did Pellaeon sign the treaty because the Empire was unable to defend itself against any inevitable NR attack? Or did he sign the treaty because the Empire cannot sustain an offensive without unacceptable losses? More importantly, Pellaeon's own power? Maybe the Imperial machine could win, but Pellaeon would not be at the victory parade, so he had to sign the treaty to preserve himself rather than the Empire.

Did Leia sign the treaty out of the goodness of her heart? If NR could destroy the Empire, why didn't it? Unacceptable losses again?

So in NJO every starships/warships seemed to be a Stardestroyer. So... Stardestroyer is therefore superiror to anything Corellia or Sorosuub, or even Mon Calamarians could build by common agreement.

NR could not win, and Pellaeon wants to maintain his own power and won't fight the NR.

18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Palleaon signed the treaty because he didn't want to destroy the empire-he wanted to the preserve it until the NR "inevitably self destructed."

19. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    which it did, of course.
    lol

20. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I wonder if he'd approve of the Sith-Imperial war.

21. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    If he were there, he would have stopped the IK from establishing, and he would have told the Emperor not to trust the Siths. I think he's like Daala, and especially after that episode with Joruus C'Baoth. No way he trust any Force users.

22. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    If the Empire decided to threaten the New Republic again in 19 ABY, then the NR would simply crush them in a relatively short time. The only reason the New Republic didn't try to finish off the Empire was that during the big battles of 17 ABY(shortly before the Corellian Crisis) the Empire was thrashed very badly. They lost most of their remaining territory and the majority of their fleet. They were reduced to eight backwater sectors and 200 Star Destroyers. The Remnant of 19 ABY was no longer a serious threat for the New Republic.

23. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    If this were the case, (and it was), unless the Empire had a fundamental change in policy/renasissance, how could it have managed an adequate force to save the galaxy against the Vong?
    I would like to think the Yevetha had more firepower vs the Vong than the Empire.
    They had cloning? and some KDY tech defected from the NR and brought with her TIE fighter and ISD blueprints?

24. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    On the topic of Roan Fel, I don't get why wanting to destroy Coruscant is a dark side act. His only fault was attempting to do it with a Sith weapon. If you're unwilling to destroy a planet when necessary you really shouldn't be in the Empire. Destroying Coruscant would have saved a massive amount of allied lives.

25. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    That the main issue I have with the imperial knights.Who defines if the emperor has fallen to the dark side? He is the ruler of a large part of the galaxy so he can't allways be idealistic but has to make hard choices now and then. So killing the emperor because he makes a pragmatic devision on the danger that he might fall to the darkside seem stiupid to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.