main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Newcomer's Guide to Fan Fiction

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Jan 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    Wouldn't this make more sense to be in the Fan Fiction forums?

2. millenium_dove

millenium_dove Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    No! Keep it here! We newbies need a little help in things like the fanfiction section!

3. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    No, I mean as a sticky thread or something in the Fan Fiction forums so Fan Fiction newbies can see it.

4. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Fan Fiction already has its own helper and FAQ thread's, this is for Newbies for the Newbie Board.

5. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    Oh, okay, I guess.

6. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Not needed Agent_S, FanFiction has a whole FAQ thread and newbie guides etc. in Resourses already, this was meant to help people who, like millenium_dove, arrive here at WNU and are interested in FanFiction knowledge. Look at the first page, it explains the FanFiction boards for those that don't know where to look yet. Really, this is information that is best left here, and is specifically put in a thread at WNU for this purpose.

So, glad you got here now mill_dove, sorry I didn't realize this one before, and many thanks to our excellent J_D for upping it :)

7. millenium_dove

Jul 11, 2005
    I actually just finished reading your response when I stumbled upon this. ^^ Thanks though! And yes, I'm finding a LOT of help here!

8. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Great. Have fun and let me know of any fanfic coming up! See you around mill_dove.

9. millenium_dove

Jul 11, 2005
    Actually, I have one up! It's about Han, of course. (He's my fave.) [face_love]

But, I have another question. Let's say I was going to write a multi-chapter story. So I post one chapter, and people respond. My question is, when i post my next chapter, do I put it on the same link or do I make a new one?

10. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    I-) [face_tired] In the same thread, behind the other, and the comments (Praise :). I think you can also have the title changed to announce a new chapter. Should be in bed already, nevertheless hope this is of some help. Succes!

11. millenium_dove

Jul 11, 2005
    Very much so! SLEEP!!

12. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    This thread is wonderful! Thank you, Derisa. :)

13. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    ...where-ever you may be... lol

Hey all, glad to see the thread's still of some use. :)
    I'm back on a semi-regular basis, so any questions about fanfic that anyone has, new or old, please ask away, and I'll answer as best I can, or point you to someone who knows the answer. :)

Take care, all, and may the Force be with you!

*Derisa*

14. Boba_Babe

Boba_Babe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    *bump*

This could help you get into fan fiction.

15. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Yes, reading through this thread, I have to agree with everyone here. It's great. Fan Fic is a wonderful place. Stop on by sometime.

There are a lot of new Challenges going on right now and a lot of new threads. We have a social thread that is pure fun, with great people there. And there's a thread for Fan Fic writers in College, that just started recently.

Really, come by to fan fic and take a look. We're very open to Newbies and we'll gladly answer questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.