main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Phoenix from the Ashes - L/M, H/L COMPLETED! New Fic Announcement

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    It's over. :( It was fantastic! :D [face_dancing] =D= Loved all the detailed press announcements, and the little epilogue at the end. Beautiful name for L&M's daughter. And were you speaking from experience when describing Ben's reaction to his new baby sister? [face_laugh]

And see, I didn't point out any spots that needed commas or anything. :p How long did it take to do all that mark-up coding on the reply acknowledgements?! Wowser. :eek:

Even if it's not a sequel to Phoenix, I'm looking forward to your next story. And thanking the Force that Luke didn't get suggested as Leia's undercover-husband. [face_worried]

Thank you for many hours of enjoyable reading!! [:D] [:D] [:D]

2. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Wow! I can't believe they all made it to the end! Whew. ;)

LadyPadme, you're a fabulous storyteller. The angst you dish out to our heroes is so torturously believable - it's hard to believe you will pen a happy ending. So, on behalf of our Heroes and their families, "Thanks!" (BTW: I lost count - how many of the Seven Hells did Han and Leia actually endure?)

I love the name of Luke and Mara's daughter, Karielle - is that from one of the books or a creation of yours?

I wondered what had happened to Exar Kun - he just seemed to disappear all of a sudden on Yavin and he hardly seems the type to "go quietly", ya know?

Thanks for writing this story (sorry about all the whining and lurking early on...)

-------------------------

Your new story looks interesting - and just to whom will Leia end up married? Hmmm?

-------------------------

Happy New Year!

3. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Oooh...so cool! My favortie timeline in the Han and Leia saga. Am looking foward to your tratment of their banter! Love you writing.

4. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Congratulations on completing this fine piece of fiction. It was a definite joy to read. I like the way you tied everything together with the press clippings.

And let's see. Four Solo children and two Skywalker children against one Exar Kun powered little punk. Everything seems to be in good shape at the end there.

5. princess_meg

princess_meg Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    It was such a wonderful story. The angst could be a little hard to swallow sometimes . . . but it's what kept me coming back for more. I really loved it!

I can't wait to start reading your new story. I love those kind of stories, they're just so . . . mushy and non-angsty . . . and if they are angsty it's usually not in a "Oh, no, he's about to die," sort of way.

6. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    :eek: It's over! :_|

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed your stories. They brightened many a dull evening...made me very angry with certain people when I couldn't finish a particularly dastardly cliffy.

Your characters come across as real people, your storyline was breathtaking, infuriating, and wonderful-all at once.

The ending couldn't have been better, I loved the name for Luke and Mara's daughter, Karielle, very pretty. Everything was wrapped up wonderfully for our heroes, leaving just the malicious ending that you seem to love...oh, well. Jenn'll get what's coming to her one way or the other. [face_devil]

I really look forward to more of your stuff! Although, I don't know how many of your cliffies I can stand when I actually have to wait!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us. =D= [:D]

7. Webogirl

Webogirl Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    I'm sooooooo happy![face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

See, your not evil!!! I knew you just couldn't be!!!! But boy I sure did jump into this story at a scary time!!!!

I am so looking forward to your new story!!!!!

8. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Yay! Great job, LP! I enjoyed your story VERY much! I'm looking forward to the next one! It sounds interesting! :)

9. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Oh, wonderful work, as always. I love the press clippings - it reminds me of LimeLight's "The Not Quite Love Letters." :D Beautiful ending - happy! - and a nice wrapping-up of everything. Oh, one small detail: I love that Winter/Tycho named their daughter Ralia. How's that for friendship and honor in a name? =D= Fabulous beginning to the new story, as well. I can hardly wait!

*KR*

10. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Wow! Awesome ending! :D Me happy girl! :D *puts away her toys* :D

You know, for someone who killed the father of her child, Jen seemed to be installing a sense of him in her son. o_O

If you decide to do a sequel to this, I'll be jumping right in! :D I may lurk awhile in your new fic. Depends. :)

*grumbles* Now what am I going to do? There is one less fic for me to read here. :_|

11. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    What a wonderful story. I'm so glad I was here to read it.

I'll tune into your new story. Can't wait!!!

12. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    * hands sticker to reader who posted more than anyone else in the story * Thank you for your enthusiasm. It?s been fun having you along and ?hearing? you lecture the characters

Awww, I got a sticker. *puts sticker on the computer for all to see* :) ;)

I like lecturing the characters. It's fun. And I'm glad I could provide you with some moments of hilarity.

I loved the last post. Reading all those press clippings was cute. I love the name Winter and Tycho picked for their child and the name Luke and Mara picked for their girl. And Ben got a rongo, cute.

I'm sad the story is over. But I'm excited about the upcoming story. It should be funny, cute, and I think I'll have more chances to lecture someone ;)

Thank you very much for writing this. I know how much blood, sweat, and tears go into completing a story.

13. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Oh my goodness, I loved the way you ended it, with the news stories, etc... Absolutely great. Thank you... It's been an awesome ride. And I can't wait for your new story. :) BB and I have loved reading, and I shall now tell him it is alright for him to go back and read now.... Excellent work, M'Lady. You are truly amazing.

Annika Windsor and Baby Bantha

14. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Catching up with the end of the story! :D

Wow, a really tense escape, battle, and rescue with Han, Leia, Chewie and the children. You definitely had me worried.

Fun four-way duel with Luke and Mara versus Xan and Jen. (Not to mention Exar Kun messing around with everyone?s minds. :p ) Must say I?m quite pleased Jen killed Xan; that was awesome. [face_devil] And good thing you spared Mara?s hand or I?m not sure your twin wouldn?t have hunted you down?

Somehow I figured you?d let Jen get away. ;) Otherwise the good guys won, though, and that?s cool. :cool:

I enjoyed the news reports as a way to wind up the story. Especially: had worked in an unofficial governmental capacity for several years under Emperor Palpatine. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I admit that this ending is not nearly evil enough
    Well you could?ve let Borsk win at least! [face_not_talking]

For those of you interested in pointless trivia, this quadrilogy spanned 284 posts, 1009 pages in Microsoft Word 11pt Times New Roman, and 493,172 words.
    Congrats, my friend. =D= =D= What a great accomplishment.

I?ll be looking forward to your next fic. Hope you can take some time to chill first, though. [:D]

Thanks again for sharing your fantastic stories! :D

15. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    1. I likeses the colours you chose for me. :p ::accepts cookie and GLOMPS!!!::

2. Wonderful ending...I love all the news clippings. And the babies. ::snuffles babies:: I love babies.

3. Your upcoming story looks INCREDIBLE!! I can't wait! :D

16. Leia

Leia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 8, 1998
    LadyPadme, you are incredible! 1009 pages?! Wow! You not only achieved quantity, but also quality. ;)

You deserve every word of praise offered by the people on this thread. @};- Thank you so much for sharing your awesome talent. [:D] You got me through my first-ever college finals week, which is a debt that can never be repaid. ;)

I look forward to your next project.

17. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Wonderful Ending-I am looking forward to the new story!

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Using the newspaper articles to tie up the loose ends was great. What a great story. Everybody is happy. That last part with Jen -- creepy. That kid is evil incarnate. *shiver*

The new fic looks great. I agree with Michele that I'm glad it's not Luke.

Not that I'm complaining but do you ever take breaks from writing? I don't know how you do it.

19. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    LOL AWESUM JOB LP! What an AWESUM way to end such an AWESUM trilogy!

Cant wait for the new story!

20. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    LadyPadme: What a great story! I enjoyed the ride (angst and all), and I appreciate the happy ending for all involved. It's good that they were able to spend at least a few years in relative peace (despite all the unruly Jedi children). Great job! Also, I loved all the stats you included at the end...over 1000 pages is an amazing stat, especially given the quality of the writing. Thanks for all of the time and effort. I know all of your readers appreciate it.

As for the new story, I'm really looking forward to some classic H/L! I'll be reading when you post!

21. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I've been following this series off and on for some time, LadyPadme. Thank you for doing such a fantastic job writing it. You're new story looks like it will be another great one too. :)

22. Starrunner

Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! The clippings of history really brought closer to it. I'm sad it's over. I'm not a L/M fan but I did enjoy your version of them. I can't wait to read your upcoming story! But I guess I'll have too. & Thank You for writing this one! Wonderful!

23. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Another one, Jieh? You sure are exhausting to keep up with. Almost as much as oba. ;) I can't wait though! As I told Elli about her dark L/M...you're like a brand name, LP dear, because I won't read anything else H/L. ;)

24. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    LP it's wonderful,

and such an open ending, so Exar did hang out with Jen's baby. . .

I love Jaina and Jacen. . trying to sell Anakin off to the naitives. Good thing Rydor has a good head on his shoulders. . .

I still say that Jaina or Kariella are going to end up falling for Toth. . . that's just the way things end up going ;) esp. with the skywalkers, they end up falling in love with the one most bent on killing them. . .

Wow we're just all spread out now arn't we?

:D

:: bows to your magnificence::

25. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    Coming out of lurk mode..to THANK YOU for the mention, it's been quite an enjoyable time to read your story look forward to your next, really like the intro :)

Till I find it, thanks in advance for a H/L story.

Hope you had a great holiday
    mutley/Cathy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.