main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Phoenix from the Ashes - L/M, H/L COMPLETED! New Fic Announcement

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Congratulations for winning those awards, LP! You really deserve them! =D=

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Thanks again to everyone who read and posted on this story. Your support means a lot to me :) @};-

And....

...drum roll please...

My new fic, In Name Only is scheduled to come online--when else?--on Valentine's Day on the Saga board. Hope to see you all there!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

3. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    WAHOO! Now I'm actually kind of looking forward to Singles Awareness Day. ;)

4. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    That's awesome, LP! :D

Can't wait for the 14th :D :D

5. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!

6. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
  7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Yay! It's a Saga story! I'm looking forward to checking it out. :)

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay! New fic! I'll definitely be there. ;)

9. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Me too, despite the fact that it almost certainly has no L/M. ;)

*dashes away before Jieh can thwack*

10. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
  11. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    YAY! I new fic! Just what I've always wanted!

And on the 14th!! Yippie! Thanks for the birthday present! (yes, my bday is on the 14th!)

Loved the ending and looking forward to some more angst! I can't believe I just said that... *sitting in a corner with my head in my hands*... I guess Im addicted to angst now!

12. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
  13. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Very Good! Loved Phoenix, but no L/M. Oh well what can you say. Will hear from you on the 14th, can not wait.

14. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Terrific! I can't wait! I'll be along for the ride! [face_dancing]

15. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    *drags self in feeling ashamed and oh so far behind*

I'm so sorry that i missed so many posts, and the ending, and all the time between then and now to post! I just havent found the time to sit down and reply! :_| [face_blush] I've been reading sporadically and saving my comments in Word, cause im just that dedicated. :p And wheee, i've finished! :D So here goes the rundown. Fair warning, its loooooong. :p

Ch. 75

:( That makes me so sad to see Leia feel that down. Of course she was doing what she had to for her kids, but that still doesn?t make it easy.

Bah, I knew Jen and Xan were still out there. Otherwise it would have been too easy.

Ch. 76

:_| :_| :_| That was so sad! *frowns* :( Though I understand why the kids would feel that way. Le sigh. [face_frustrated]

Ooh, though, a knight ceremony! That will be a good thing in the midst of all the fighting and political squabbling that?s been going on. A change of pace for everyone.

Well, it would be if the enemy wasn?t on the way. :p *meep*

Ch. 77

*huggles Ryesa* She sounds a bit like Winter, in her unwavering friendship and helpfulness towards Leia. I really like her as a character. :)

And I have to say, I know it is justified in this story, but Jaina sounds so much like she did in NJO. :p

Eeeep, the attack began! :eek:

Ch. 78

LP, you write action scenes so very well and so very believable. I know I say that like every action post you write, but it?s true. The reader never has to work to envision the story; it?s laid out for them in clear detail.

*meep for the children* [face_worried]

Ch. 79

LOL! I love Han. He would act that way in a situation like this. [face_love] :p

Exar Kun?! :eek: That was a twist I didn?t see coming.

Eeeheeee, Jen entered the battle scene. [face_devil]

Ch. 80

The children! No! That?s evil. :p

H/L make such a good team, though, I heart them [face_love]

But so do L/M, since I have to cover my bases. ;) Lest I find Gabri?s wrath [face_beatup] :p

I KNEW Kun was going to take hold of Xan in some form. :mad: Luke can handle it, though, cause he?s :cool: like that. :D

Ch. 81

Eeesh, what a tense chapter! Back and forth and back and forth!

Interesting that Kun would choose Jen over Xan when she?s the one trying to resist him. Then again, I guess it doesn?t matter since she doesn?t seem to be doing that good of a job. :p

Jaina got snatched?! :eek:

Mara?s hand go bye-bye?!?! :eek: :eek:

*narrows eyes* Did it really? o_O

Hmm? [face_liarliar]

[face_whistling]

Ch. 82

Her hand! I knew it! You and your cliffies, LP. [face_shame_on_you]

Artoo! I love that little astromech! He?s their knight in shining chrome, or something. :p

*is sheepish* Ok, so maybe I was wrong about Jen earlier. [face_blush] She?s better than I thought she was, banishing Kun off like that and deceiving Xan, AND knowing it was him all along. Mwhahahaha, creepy cool. :cool: [face_devil]

But dude, where?d she go? [face_worried]

Awww, the end scene, though, with all of them together! That?s what I like to see. ;) LOL! Aunt Mara, that?s so cute. [face_mischief] It?s so nice to see it all finally come together. :)

Ch. 82

Press clippings! What a wonderful, inventive way to show all of the important snapshots and snippets of their lives over time! That?s a very nice touch!

*stifles mad laughter at reading about the contested win of Cal Omas* Never heard a thing like that before. :p

Eee, the knighting ceremony! So good to see that finally take place; it?s well deserved. And I love that Leia?s a Jedi Master. ;)

Winter and Tycho named their daughter Ralia! Oh how darling. Reminds me of Gabri?s viggie for TJP.

It still kind of freaks me out that no one knows where Jen fled to?

Yay! Luke and Mara got married! And lo and behold, it didn?t take them ten years. :p

Anakin was born! I knew it?d be him this time arou

16. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    *sets out Ep. III tent and sleeping bags*

I'm camping out on Saga for LP's new fic, if anybody needs me.

*KR*

17. Tycalibur

Tycalibur Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    Wow, I need to wait until you've written the story all the way through and just read it in its entirety. That way I'm not tortured knowing when the next chapter is coming up. :p

Seriously, LP, this story is a triumph, a great ending to a series (that imo should be in the Archives), and ... this last chapter (also the best) shows how far you've come and how much your writing has matured over the last few years.

At the same time, though, I'm glad you haven't lost any of your characteristic and trademarked wit with the beloved SW characters.

Greatest quote/passage in the entire story:

Han raised his voice. ?Are you hiding in there because you?re afraid of Luke? If that?s the case, I had no idea Palpatine spent all those years teaching you to be a spineless coward, but I always told Luke that??

Before Han could finish what he?d said, Mara?s door slid open and she glared at Han. ?What did you call me, you lowlife Corellian??

You've come a long way, Nai Mei. So very long. I'm proud of you. I am sad that this series is ended, but at the same time, I'm glad you found resolution in writing it, I'm glad that you went out with a bang...

...and I'm glad you brought Mishi back for a cameo. ;)

Off to read your next work in progress now.

Congratulations on completing this fic, and this series.

~Tycalibur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.