main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Phoenix from the Ashes - L/M, H/L COMPLETED! New Fic Announcement

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    If she could be trained to use her prodigious powers in the Force, she would be able to help him wrest control of the galaxy and to take her place by his side when he conquered Coruscant Shades of Vader.
    Another advantage that Tauro had in the early days of the war was his knowledge and access to Palpatine?s hidden bases and troop cloning facilities. Possession of those systems had given him tremendous resources, but one by one, the New Republic had honed in on those systems and had either managed to capture the system or to close down the hyperspace lanes closest to those systems. The systematic occupation of these strategic star systems was too accurate to be chance occurrences. Someone or some group must be feeding information to the New Republic Intelligence. Another reason for him to hate Mara since she is still a thorn in his side.
    Fey?lya was governed by his immense ambition and would be so much easier to manipulate. And with Fey?lya as President, that other dangerous element, Leia Organa Solo, would be neutralized. But what if Leia becomes President? Has he considered that or does he plans to keep that from happening?
    The man smiled, and somehow the smile made both Tauro and Jen shiver involuntarily. ?I believe that I am the answer to your prayers.? the Dark presence has appeared. Things will get even more interesting.

2. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    This is getting really interesting :)

Looking forward for more. ;)

3. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    So we're still back to guessing who the new Dark Sider is. Not Kyp -- he'd be too young, untrained, and he has black hair. I'm thinking you made up a new character.

And now we have confirmation that Tauro was responsible for Mothma's death. I'm surprised he didn't go after Leia while he was at it, just to make sure she didn't get elected.

Great chapter, even if there wasn't any H/L/L/M. ;)

4. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Oooo, good! Tauro?s back, and as evil as ever! Excellent. [face_devil]

Interesting to see Tauro?s council of advisors. I?m sure we?ll be seeing more of them as the story moves along. And there?s a new, more evil superweapon in the works? :eek:

Jen Tauro is cool. :D (And hot! =P~ ) I like that you?ve made her so powerful at a young age. She strikes me as something of a combination of Ysanne Isard (except younger) and Anakin Skywalker (prodigy). Very cool, definitely.

The part about the leaks reminds me of the Delta Source plot in the Thrawn Trilogy ? there isn?t a leak, there?s just a wild card they don?t know about. Instead of the tree spy thing in TTT, it?s the Emperor?s Hand herself here. Another very cool idea. :D

Okay, so a Dark Jedi has shown up. Time to throw out my first set of wild guesses on who Mystery Evil Guy (MEG) is:
    ** Kyp Durron? Nope ? MEG is too old (unless you?re making Kyp?s age AU).
    ** Joruus C?Boath? Nope ? MEG is too young.
    ** Corran Horn? Possible ? about the right age, but I think you?ve mentioned him as a Jedi in JP? [face_thinking]
    ** Clone Palpatine from Dark Empire? Nope ? you?re more creative than that.
    ** Tahiri Veila?s dad? Possible ? the hair and eyes would be right?
    ** a new LP OC? Likely ? another Emperor?s Hand? a disaffected student from the Jedi Academy? a dark Jedi from the Clone Wars who?s been in hibernation or stasis for two decades?

My first guess ? MEG is an OC. :p

Now, how long will you make me wait to find out? [face_mischief]

5. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    OK things are starting to get dark and sinister right now. You will let things lighten up a little, won't you? o_O

6. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    And now it's Toth Tauro's turn! :eek: And Jendralyria Tauro's too! [face_worried]

And the Dark presence :eek: :eek: [face_worried] Luke felt is not Jen it's someone else as I have guessed. But who is he? My guessing is with Lexie! After all, lawyers are evil enough to guess right! ;) Especially THIS lawyer! :D

Someone or some group must be feeding information to the New Republic Intelligence. o_O
    Hehehehehe! [face_devil] You 8-} megalomaniac [face_pig] , Tauro, just don't know what there was in your hands and lost it! Palp's personal assassine! And now farmboy got her! [face_love]

Tauro was behind Mon's death! Mara was right! =D= Leia you better listen to her... She is clever and she knows! More than you... [face_whistling]

7. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Ah, the plot thickens. (Couldn't resist :p)

Hmm, [face_thinking] whose that guy? If he knows about Mara, well........ I wouldn't want to be any assassin they send after her :p

But what if he knows about the Praxeum? :eek: No! Kelly! Brice! Guard the Praxeum!

(Uh, yes, I do have an army :p)

8. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    The answer to their prayers...is the stuff nightmares are made of for Luke and Leia.

9. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    *shivers*

creepy..this doesn't sound promising for the good guys..

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...a dark jedi - this should get very interesting...

Great post!

11. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    JSM: Poor, poor Han! His relationship with Leia's on the rocks and he has to worry about having a Suncrusher aimed at his head!

Oh, Han doesn't have to worry about a Suncrusher. I use Haruko's guitar for stuff like that.

Nope, my Suncrusher and Death Star army is reserved for you and Tauro and I guess the MEG now. ;) [face_devil]

Speaking of which, I so hope Leia becomes President! Not only would it throw off Tauro's plans, but it would also put more strain on Han and Leia's relationship. HintHint! :D

12. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    *Happy dance* The sequel's here! The sequel's here! Sorry I'm late - I finally caught up. Great job LP! The bad guys are all quite creepy...especially the new arrival. I'm dying to find out who it is. I still want to smack Han and Leia upside the head and tell them to kiss and make up. Knowing you though, it's not gonna be that easy! :p Can't wait to see what happens next!

13. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    This plot is getting sooooooooooooooo thick! I can't wait for the next bit!

14. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

GreatOne: Kyp as the Dark Jedi? Bite your tongue! Kyp happens to be one of my favorite NJO characters (I like the bad boys ;) ) He's a rogue, but he's not Dark!!!

windkull: Well, two reasons why Tauro didn't know Mara's origins: 1) no one knew about the Emperor's Hands other than Palpatine and the Hand(s) themselves. And because of that, (2) there was no official record of them anywhere. When Tauro inherited the mantle of de facto leader of the Empire, he also gained access to the Imperial Archives. There was no whisper of Mara Jade in any of the records.

Starfighter5: Ah, the plot thickens.

* grins * Yes indeed, the plot thickens. ;) [face_devil]

RebelMom: But what if Leia becomes President? Has he considered that or does he plans to keep that from happening?

- Hmmmm :p Ain't telling.

Have fun in New York!

LaYa_: Thanks!

Jedi-2B: Well, it's a little harder to go after Leia than Mon Mothma, since she's a Jedi knight, but who knows... [face_devil]

DarthLex: Okay, so a Dark Jedi has shown up. Time to throw out my first set of wild guesses on who Mystery Evil Guy (MEG) is:
    ** Kyp Durron? Nope ? MEG is too old (unless you?re making Kyp?s age AU).
    ** Joruus C?Boath? Nope ? MEG is too young.
    ** Corran Horn? Possible ? about the right age, but I think you?ve mentioned him as a Jedi in JP?
    ** Clone Palpatine from Dark Empire? Nope ? you?re more creative than that.
    ** Tahiri Veila?s dad? Possible ? the hair and eyes would be right?
    ** a new LP OC? Likely ? another Emperor?s Hand? a disaffected student from the Jedi Academy? a dark Jedi from the Clone Wars who?s been in hibernation or stasis for two decades?

* grins * All right. Since you've gone through all this trouble of guessing who it could be, I'll tell you that it's an OC. But you won't hear about it 'till next week because you're on vacation! Are you going away? Hope you have a great time!

calgary: Let things lighten up? :eek: ME????

JediArwen: My guessing is with Lexie! After all, lawyers are evil enough to guess right! Especially THIS lawyer!

* grins * You're one smart cookie yourself, sweetie! [face_love]

J_M_Bulldog: At the risk of sounding out of touch with pop culture...who are Kelly and Brice? :confused:

starwarsfan68:The answer to their prayers...is the stuff nightmares are made of for Luke and Leia.

- EXACTLY!!! :D

jade51999: creepy..this doesn't sound promising for the good guys..

- My dear, I'm just getting started ;)

HanSolo29: * grins * Thanks!

JSM: Nope, my Suncrusher and Death Star army is reserved for you and Tauro and I guess the MEG now

- EEEP!!! :eek:

RebelPrincess: Great to see you here! Welcome to the story!!

TiaRaye: * grins * Thanks m'dear!

More tomorrow!

15. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Argh, I have problems with being able to reply on time with this story. Sorry about that LP.

Anyways, very nice chapters, I'm extremely curious as to who this mystery evil dude is.

:Targeter:

16. Tekli_theInsane

Tekli_theInsane Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    I could have sworn I'd responded to this chapter.... Evil internet.

Very cool chapter! Hmmm... an evil guy... not good....

Still more angst to come? [face_devil]

I admire your ability to create OCs. Kyle, in particular, impressed me. I'm not sure if he was introduced and fleshed out in The Jade Prophecy, but with just one or two short paragraphs of description, you made him real. Few authors have the ability to do that. I'm impressed. :)

?There have?? cough ??been some setbacks?? cough ??in the matrix anomaly sequencing that?? cough, cough ??have necessitated our reconfiguring the diametronome assembler.?

?Which means what, in plain Basic??

?Two?three weeks? setback.?

[face_laugh]

17. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    OK, I must have been burried in a hole or something. Somehow I missed the beginning of this story! Needless to say, I have quickly caught up and must say that I am looking forward to more! :)

18. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Just when we thought things couldn't get any worse, they do, and I suspect they are going to get even worse. At this point, I'm just looking forward to the next time Han and Leia talk to each other, even if it is a rip'em, shred'em fight.

19. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

CodeNameTargeter: * grins * I'm just glad to see that you're still reading. Thanks! :)

Tekli_theInsane: Thank you! I'm glad you like Kyle. There will be quite a bit more about him, as he plays a pivotal role in the story

LovelyLea: Woohoo! You're here too! You're one of my oldest readers, so it's great to see you here on this story. Thanks for joining in [:D]

Solo_Fan: But...but...but...isn't angst fun? I especially enjoy Han/Leia angst as you well know. And I plan to have a LOT of fun with this ;)

More right away!

20. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Chapter Six

Just as Leia suspected, the Senate was in uproar when she reached the outer lobby of the main Senate Chambers. Thousands of Senators in various states of panic and agitation were milling about the lobby with their aides or speaking with friends and other colleagues.

?Your Highness! Councilor Organa Solo!? Leia heard someone call her name but could neither identify the voice, nor the direction from which the call originated. She looked about the room, but found the effort futile. Instead, she decided to head into the main Senate chamber.

It took nearly half an hour of jostling, pushing and occasional Force-directed pushes before Leia reached the closest door of the Senate chambers. As she approached the door, she heard her name being called again. This time, she turned her head and saw Tescor Reek just inside the doorway to the main Senate chamber, and pushed her way toward him.

?How are you doing, your Highness?? Reek asked.

?I?m all right,? Leia replied. ?What about you? Any news so far??

?No. We?ve just started the preliminaries to this investigation.?

?What do you think, though??

?Your Highness, you know that I don?t like to make snap judgments or point the finger without evidence.?

?Are you saying you?ve got no evidence of anything??

?Of course not,? Reek answered. ?We?re still investigating, and we have some leads. I?d just rather not be hasty, and I?d rather not say much of anything around here.? He nodded his head around the room to indicate the multitudes who might be listening in on the conversation.

Leia nodded. ?I understand. It?s just??

?Your Highness!?

Leia turned her head in the direction of the call and saw Ponc Gavrisom, Elegos A?Kla and Cal Omas heading toward her. These three were her allies and biggest supporters, and they detested Borsk Fey?lya with a passion. They reached Leia?s side and greeted Leia and Reek.

?Any news?? Gavrisom asked Reek.

Reek repeated what he?d just said to Leia, and then excused himself as his intercom sounded.

?Just as I suspected. Closed mouthed,? Gavrisom remarked. ?What do you think, your Highness??

?At a guess?and this is purely conjecture because I don?t want to rule anyone out?Tauro,? Leia answered cautiously. ?But it?s just my own guess.?

?I?m sure that?s what most people are guessing,? Omas remarked. He nodded his head toward the inner chamber. ?Have you seen Fey?lya yet this morning??

?No,? Leia replied.

?That Bothan sure moves fast,? Omas said. ?He?s greasing the wheels, gathering support, just ready to launch himself into Mothma?s chair.?

?Dangerous,? A?Kla remarked, his nostrils distended with disdain.

?Well, there?s nothing we can do to stop him from trying to gather support,? Leia said. She noted a strange look pass between her three companions, but they did not explain themselves.

?What?s the matter??

?Nothing,? Gavrisom said. ?Look: it?s starting to fill up in there. I think we ought to go in and look for our seats.?

Leia nodded and turned away from the group heading down toward the center toward her accustomed seat in the main pod at the center of the Senate. Two guards were standing outside the pod and they nodded grimly toward her as she entered. She watched the Senators and their aides slowly begin to fill their pods and the aisles and corridors slowly begin to empty out. Reek entered the pod, prepared to address the Senate, and waited next to her. Finally, Leia?s co-Aide Fey?lya approached the pod. He greeted her and Reek stiffly. Leia and Reek nodded back in reply, but the Bothan barely noticed. As if by right, he swept up toward the main podium and began to address the Senate, effectively pre-empting Reek.

?My fellow legislators, Senators, ladies, gentlebeings. As you have no doubt heard, our beloved leader Mon Mothma is no longer with us. A heinous crime was perpetrated on not only her but also our Republic when she was assassinated this morning. The culprit or culprits have not yet been apprehended at this point; however, the Galactic Bureau of Intelligen

21. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Not only what have you done to yourself, Leia.... what have you done to your marriage??? :eek: :eek: -- Oh yeah....I hate that Bothan! :mad:

22. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    I hate that Bothan!!! I hate him!!!! :mad:

Force, what have I done to myself? Leia wondered.

:rolleyes:

23. Tekli_theInsane

Tekli_theInsane Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    Oh, that was great! I loved the speeches - very government-ish. I liked them a lot. (I did have to look up a few words though. Oh well, 'twas worth it. Chicanery is a awesome word! :))

?This entire so-called election is a farce, a trumped up bit of political chicanery!

I really, really love that line. :) So Fey'lya.

They were blind, self-serving and ultimately led our galaxy into ruin and civil war for nearly three decades!

It's kind of funny, since the prequels weren't out before the OT and some of the EU, all of the people old enough to have been around during the Old Republic had amnesia. Fey'lya, however, is just confused. It was one emotionally unstable Jedi and the corrupt government (well, it was led by a Force-user - but not a Jedi!) that caused the Old Republic's downfall. Tsk. Silly Fey'lya.

24. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Good for the galaxy. Bad for Leia's marriage. And I think Leia's election would've happened even without Fey'lya causing trouble.

Happy Dragon Boat Festival to you, too, and Happy Birthday to your mom!! [face_clown] [face_chicken] [face_monkey] [face_dancing]

25. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    Sigh. Ah, Leia, Leia, Leia. You don't have to do EVERYTHING, you know.

LP, you used one of my favorite words! Chicanery! Whoopie!

You've got a HUGE story set up here. I'm soooo amazed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.