main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "A Pleasant Surprise" L/M one-shot.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 27, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: A Pleasant Surprise!

By Nyota’s Heart

Characters: L/M

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.

AN: Mara and Luke have a chat & dance.

It is a function like countless others they have attended. Mara is there because she had to meet and greet a client. Being independent she had to more or less humor them once in a while. If she didn’t feel “up to mingling” Karrde could always send someone else, or go himself. He was quite suave at such things.

Luke was there, wearing something not black and Jedi-ish for a change, she noticed. She frowned as he approached her, glass in hand. Was he going to mention the Academy again?

The Black Fleet crisis was over – and that ostensibly was what was being celebrated, besides it being some local holiday.

After exchanging pleasantries, Mara asked what he’d been up to recently. Luke mentioned briefly about Akanah and his disappointing jaunt with her. Mara scowled. “Spare me the gory details.” She said tartly. His romantic entanglements made her feel uncomfortable for some unfathomable reason, plus she hated that another romance had stalled before it started.

Luke smiled, surprisingly. “There aren’t any, Mara. And frankly, I think I was more fascinated by what I could discover with her – but not with us as a couple.

Mara favored him with a long look, combined of skepticism and honest curiosity. “So you’re not having a case of the what-ifs?”

Luke laughed outright at her outspoken question.
    “Far from it! Care to dance?” He asked suddenly.

Mara shrugged and nodded. They talked about her trading runs and slid easily into the up-tempo dance. Then suddenly the tempo changed to a slower cadence and Luke drew her a bit closer.

“Don’t get any wild ideas, Skywalker.” Mara snarked, but she didn’t pull away.

Luke was an accomplished dancer, and his blue eyes held hers disconcertingly as they moved in sync.

His hand at the small of her back was warm and his fingers idly stroked her bare waist. Mara shivered.

Now who was getting ideas, she asked herself.

“Will you be on-world long, Mara?” he asked as the dance ended. Something in his tone and glance seemed to whisper of wistfulness.

Mara answered after a brief pause: “I was here only to meet a client. Now that’s over, I’m heading out again tomorrow.”

Luke hesitated as if he were about to ask her something, then changed his mind.

Mara felt a rush of – disappointment? That he didn’t. If he had asked her to stay a few days more, would she have? Mara was astonished that she even thought to wonder such a thing!

Luke had turned the last place she’d wanted to be into a surprisingly pleasant one, even with her earlier reluctance to be present at all.

How did he always do that?

+++++++++

;)

Falcon, Gemma and Chyntuck like this.
  2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Aw, he does it because that's exactly what she secretly wants! Such a sweet encounter.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    nice encounter and no 'bad' words;)

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Great dialogue. Nice encounter.

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Awww, very sweet moment there. Laying the groundwork. [face_love]

6. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Very sweet - I love that Luke is an accomplished dancer [face_love] And LOL at Mara not wanting to know all of the gory details about Akanah.

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a great missing scene from that time. Felt very true :)

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I enjoyed this -- I love them dancing. Is there more???

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Not of this per se, but you never know LOL L/M will appear in the Wings thread or something AU-ish showing their early days. :cool:

Gemma likes this.
  10. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    very sweet moment. Well done :)