main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A query for the ladies

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Just_A_Slacker, Jan 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I have one already....
    I'm happy with the one I have...
    I think she's an awesome small person :)

{The next question I always get asked is: Are you going to have anymore? As though there is a problem with having ONLY one child..}

2. B.J. Zanzibar

B.J. Zanzibar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 7, 1999
    Yes, yes, I am fully aware of those things as well, OWJ. I am sympathetic, and I agree it is unfair. It's why I'm upfront about the way I feel. I know of three marriages that failed because the wife decided to stay at home and her husband couldn't deal with it. One of the guys told me he just couldn't picture himself sleeping with June Cleaver. And the fallout? Messy divorces, and single parents forced to enter the job market after several years absence. Two of the wives were techies who'd let their skills get rusty, and thus were virtually unemployable in their former professions. I believe one of them is now night manager at a McDonalds. I don't ever want to be the source of that kind of pain.

3. Queen_Morci

Queen_Morci Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2000
    Well, I actually have one little baby, and I think I'm gonna have another one in maybe one or two years so there won't be no big age difference between them...

What I cannot understand is the people that thinks that the mother should stay at home raising the children, and that that thing will affect their future education. I don't see how that can affect them more than parent's divorce or even a mother or father that doesn't want them from the beginning...

I'm having my child in daily care as many of you have said, and I can tell you that my child is more advanced that other children I know that are staying home with their mothers. He even is not afraid of strangers (like most of children of his age are), and is learning lots of things I know for sure wouldn't have the patience to show him... Does the fact that I'm working makes me a worse mother? Do I love him less than other womenlove their babies?

4. ObiWanJane

ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 1999
    I'm surprised to hear men today think stay-at-home Mom's are "June Cleaver." That's so old-fashioned.

5. Teniel Djo

Teniel Djo Jedi Master star 5

Apr 8, 2000
    I can understand where you're coming from BJ. However, my dream job is a writer where I would be at home anyway. So I can only hope I can find a guy who's okay with that. Except I probably will be working outside the house if I'm not making enough money to live off my writing. I'd be pretty uncomfortable in a marriage if I knew I didn't make enough money to support myself. Scratch that. I'd be more than uncomfortable. So I would have a stable income but I would like to work in the home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.