main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto A question for movie geeks

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Darvin11, Feb 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darvin11

Darvin11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    Hi Guys,

I am looking for examples of movies that had inappropriate music in the film. I mean that the music worked entirely against the tone and mood of the film and was included specifically to sell soundtrack CD's.

Action movies would be preferred but any suggestions would be helpful. Please be aware that I am functioning under a time limit so sooner is better.

Thanks

Robin T.

2. SLam

SLam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 1999
    Hmm... do trailers count?

The recent tear-milking machine "Pay it Forward" trailer used the Everclear song "Wonderful", which was a song about the childhood trauma from parents fighting, and divorcing.

3. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    The soundtracks for Legend (the Tangerine Dream version) and Ladyhawk were both illfitting Electronic music for period type movies.

Godzilla (1998) had a soundtrack that only 1 or 2 songs were actually in the film, as well as the X-files movie.

:)

I'm a geek, and damn proud of it!

4. Darvin11

Darvin11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    Thanks for the help guys,

We decided on "The corruptor" and "Romeo must Die" as the director is trying to convince the producer that shoe-horning in music that works AGAINST the film in order to sell CDs is a bad thing, for the film at least.

Robin T.

5. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Dreamscape... which would have been a pretty good sci-fi film, save for the annoying John Carpenter wannabe synthesizer soundtrack. Not only was the score mediocre, but the incessent use of the synthesizer forever dates the film.

6. Syco-Sith

Syco-Sith Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2001
    Bad film score, but great movie???

-Scarface-

nuff said...

=P
    Syco-Sith

down with ghetto 80's synthesizers!

7. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    Titan AE had a lot of 'pop songs' that seemed added in to sell a soundtrack.
    It reminded me of Top Gun.

Disney's Tarzan had that awful musical number in the junkyard. But maybe its just my personal vendetta against Rosie O'Donnel that led to my despising of that song.

8. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    It's true that Titan AE had a lot of songs (rock more than pop) but most were written for the movie, and as some might point out, they were a little TOO similar to the movie (actually describing the events going on)

But for one, almost every track was used in the movie, two they add to the scene, and three, weren't that distracting.

Ok, I might be a bit biased, having loved the movie and enjoyed the soundtrack, but I will say that I didn't consider getting the soundtrack until having seen the movie a few times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.