main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Second Chance (SJRS EP7 Challenge) Updated: 11/15/14 - COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, May 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Luke is right to the point out all the nonsense in the smut rags. However honest he is about addressing them, I am sure the tabloid press will even ramp up the stories. Especially about him not having any plastic surgery,injections,etc. Not to mention the 'old man' praying on a young lady side. I know that I am going to date myself, but I remember seeing bat boy articals in the tabloids. In fact it was always the very same picture that you shared with us. I had to laugh at that one. Super story and I really do not want to see it come to an end.:)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  2. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This is my favorite part of this chapter. Loved how Luke handled the interview so far.

Jedi_Lover and Chyntuck like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great interview. =D= Luke is humorous but concise.

~

I liked Luke with the Masters also. :) It's their business/problem now how things get settled. :cool:

Jedi_Lover, Chyntuck and Gemma like this.
  4. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    I like the way Luke handled the interview, and the Masters. I'm playing catch-up here, so I missed the original text in the previous post, but when I saw it, I thought, "Why is everyone all up about 'Cars'?" :p That's what having kids will do to you. Can't wait for the actual date. :)

Revanfan1, Jedi_Lover and Chyntuck like this.
  5. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Luke acquitted himself very well in the circumstances. Now the real romance can begin!

Gemma and Jedi_Lover like this.
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Love the Masters' meeting, and the interview. BTW, nice to see a living Ganner. People forget him a lot when he shouldn't be forgotten.

Gemma, Jedi_Lover and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Ch 20

The opportunities for embarassment in the medical world never end. Luke and Mara will both be glad to get out of there, I think. Though Luke most of all! :p

This was a great observation. It must have been miserable, even moreso than in the books since he avoided relationships for decades in this AU. (Not that everyone is miserable without a relationship – but with Luke, I’ve always had that impression of intense loneliness for much of his life.)

[face_rofl] No comment!

Good thing Mara and Luke are both familiar with “rescue breathing.” ;)

I am far behind, but glad to see that this and the other journal are still going. Best wishes for Real Life being decent.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    What I love about this 'second chance' is that Luke has time for himself, and time to create a life, or have a date with Mara. I can't wait to see where this all leads. (Seriously, cause I'm in the process of figuring that out as I type. [face_devil])

Nyota's Heart and Gemma like this.
  9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I've finally caught up with this story, YAY! What can I say about it... it is a wonderful treat and yet another great example of why you, JL, are one of my favorite fanfiction writers. [:D]

Nyota's Heart and Gemma like this.
  10. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I think I will just let you use your imagination. I want to END this story. lol! Ginchy has a shine that will be done in a few days.

Luke has the looks of a young man and the confidence of an older man...sort of like my store Alter of Waru. :p I just recycle my plots.

I loved to read the tabloids when I was a kid. Back then we couldn't understand how in the world those photos were faked. :p I think if Luke looked really old then people would be more upset about him dating a younger woman. But right about now it is probably as upsetting as The Most Interesting Man in the World (beer commercial guy) hanging around younger women. You can't blame the women...he is so damn interesting!

Thanks. I hope this chapter is more interesting.

The Masters can handle it...so Luke can handle other things.

Kids will do a lot of things to you. Mine have turned me gray haired. I am going through a bottle of dye a month. :rolleyes:

Let the romance begin!!

I love Ganner, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" is probably the best scene in the NJO.

Thanks! DRL is easing up a little. I only have to be on antidepressants and see a therapist for my panic attacks...but that's all. [Shakes fist] Damn you DRL! Damn you to Hell! [/Shakes fist]

I can't wait to see what you write! :D

Thanks! I'm glad you caught up. I appreciate the kind words. [face_blush]

Okay, I am posting this chapter no matter what. If I keep editing it it will never get done. Also I have Nano coming up. I need this story over by the end of the week!! [face_praying]

Thanks everybody for reading. I will take suggestions for how you want this to end. What would you like to see for the last chapter?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter 24

The remainder of the interview went smoothly. Luke discussed his plans to go into semi-retirement and his hopes for the future of the Jedi Academy. Overall it was a painless experience.

When the interview was complete he tracked down Mara Jade. She was sitting in the bleachers of the lightsaber training room watching Jacen and Tenel Ka spar. Luke slid in next to her and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

A smile crept onto her face as she turned to Luke with an expression of surprise. “Public displays of affection. Can I assume you have officially revealed our relationship to the galaxy?”

His arm crept around her waist and pulled her closer. “Yes, we are officially dating, although I think the galaxy figured that out after viewing those security vids.” He leaned in and whispered in her ear. “Where would you like to go on our first official date?”

Her eyelashes fluttered as she gave him a slow, sexy smile. “How about somewhere private. I am tired of being watched constantly and the last time we went out in public together the paparazzi followed you and I ended up labeled the Grand Master’s Temple Temptress.”

He laughed with a nod of understanding. “How about at quiet late dinner at my quarters?”

She smiled nervously. “That would be private.”

A nervous flutter shot through him and he began to wonder if he was moving too fast. He didn’t want Mara to feel pressured or anxious. “Just dinner,” he assured her. “I intend on being the perfect gentleman.”

To his surprise she simply chuckled. “Luke, I think any private time with you would be delightful…whether you are acting the part of the perfect gentleman or a scoundrel.”

He felt a smile of pure masculine pleasure spread across his face. “Which would you prefer?”

She shook her head with a smile. “Why don’t you surprise me?”

He kissed her on the cheek again before standing. “I better get things ready for dinner then. Meet me at my quarters in an hour?”

She grinned. “It’s a date.”

~ ~ ~

When Luke arrived at his billets he called the Temple kitchen and ordered a meal to be delivered to his room. He then shucked off his Jedi robes and looked for clothes more fitting for a romantic rendezvous. He decided on a pair of dress trousers and a dark blue tunic. It was something he considered smart-casual. About forty minutes later a service droid delivered the food. Luke rushed about setting the table and putting out candles as the nervous knot in his stomach intensified. He wasn’t sure why. He spent weeks with Mara Jade alone in a medical facility. What was different now?

He realized the situation was now very different. They were not in a hospital being monitored constantly. Their security camera chaperone was now gone and they were now truly alone and free to bring their relationship to a deeper level if they chose to do so.

His emotions churned as he recognized he was now embarking on a journey that he actively avoided for thirty years. He was going to romance a woman. The thought was somewhat jarring and he wondered if he was up to the task. To be brutally honest, he never really had to charm a woman before. The ladies he dated during the rebellion were attracted to him because of his hero status. He didn’t have to court them. His heart started to pound painfully hard as he realized he was totally unprepared for this endeavor. He didn’t know how to woo a woman!

When the door buzzer sounded he startled like a nervous schoolboy before the big dance. He wiped his sweaty palms on his trousers before steeling himself for a hopefully romantic evening.

He opened the door and found Mara standing there in a very sensual little black dress. She gave him a devastating smile that made his knees weak and a little lightheaded. He was sure it was because all the blood in his body was currently leaving his brain and rushing to other parts of his body.

Her dazzling smile quickly dropped from her face as it morphed into an expression of concern. “What’s wrong? Are you sick?” She walked forward and put a hand on his forehead. “You don’t feel feverish, but you’re sweating.” Her eyes went wide. “Are you are having a relapse? Is the virus coming back?!”

Luke reached up and gently pulled her hand from his forehead. “No Mara. I’m just nervous.”

She let out a relieved breath. “Oh. I’m a little nervous also. I don’t know why. We’ve been together nonstop for weeks.”

He relaxed a bit. Knowing Mara was just as uneasy as he was made him feel a little better. He stood aside and motioned for her to enter. “I think all couples are nervous when they first start dating. It doesn’t matter if they knew each other since they were toddlers. Dating is always risky. If things don’t work out…you might lose a friendship.”

She turned and wrapped her arms around his neck, her tender smile putting him at ease. “Let’s just be ourselves and we’ll be alright.” She leaned in and kissed him gently at first but soon her lips grew hungrier as she crushed her mouth to his. He groaned under her lips as he willed himself not to give into temptation. He slowly detangled from her embrace as he tried to regain his breath.

“We should eat before the food gets cold.” He cursed inwardly when his voice came out strained and tense, and not the masculine baritone he had hoped for. He led her to the dining area, holding out Mara’s chair before sitting down across from her. He motioned to the food. “I should have asked what you were hungry for. I ordered pasta and a salad.” He grabbed up the bottle of wine off the table. “This is a semi-sweet red that I like.” He began removing the cork as he desperately hoped he wouldn’t do something stupid like break the plug in half. He smiled when the stopper smoothly slid from its confines. He reached over and filled Mara’s glass and then his own. He lifted his wineglass and gazed at the beautiful woman across from him. “A toast. To us.”

Mara smiled as they clinked the glasses together. “To us.”

She sniffed the wine’s bouquet before taking a small sip. “That’s good.” She placed the glass back on the table before leaning forward slightly with an inquisitive gaze. “So how painful was your meeting with the Masters and the media?”

Luke took a long sip of his wine before answering. “It turned out better than I thought it would. It was a very productive day, but I couldn’t wait to get back to you.”

He smiled when he saw a slight blush heat Mara’s face. “I was getting a bit lonely also. Tenel Ka invited me to watch her and Jacen spar. I think they wanted to keep me away from the media and also reinforce the cover story that I am part of her security.”

Luke passed Mara the salad and then helped himself to the pasta. “I hate lying to the public, but I think your life will be less complicated if the general populace didn’t know you were once Emperor’s Palpatine’s spy. I know Leia and I want to keep our parentage secret. Not just for our sake but for the sake of the children and any future grandchildren. They don’t need to live with that legacy.”

She nodded. “I agree…especially about not revealing our connection to Imperial Sith Lords. Can you imagine having kids with Sith connections on both sides of the family?”

Luke choked on the piece of pasta he had started to eat. He brought up his napkin to cover his mouth muffling his cough. He gazed at Mara wordless for a moment. “Ahhh…what?”

Her eyes narrowed in confusion before they widened in surprise. “Oh! I wasn’t referring to our kids.” She hesitated for a second before continuing. “Well, I guess I was, but hypothetically. I’m not saying we’re going to have kids. We don’t even know if this relationship will work.” She closed her eyes and groaned. “I’m not saying I don’t think we’re compatible, but I…” She stopped and stared at her plate, pushing pieces of lettuce around with her fork. “Can we start over?”

Luke chuckled. “Starting over sounds good.” He brought his wine glass up in a salute. “A toast. To us.”

~ ~ ~ ~

The awkward start to their meal was soon behind them and they found themselves joking and laughing with ease. After dinner they went to his living room to watch a Holovid. They decided on a psychological thriller that the critics touted as a bewilderingly and skillfully filmed metaphysical thriller.

Bewildering was an understatement. Within a half hour Luke was totally confused by the plot. Normally he could keep up with complex storylines, but Mara was distracting him. She had folded her legs up on the couch as she leaned into him, laying her head on his shoulder. He moved his arm to wrap around her shoulder as his hand instinctively caressed her silky red hair. Her hand slid along his thigh causing a spike of heat to hit him low in his gut. It took every ounce of Jedi willpower not to pull her onto his lap and ravish her.

He took a deep calming breath and slowly released it. He wanted to take things slow and court this lovely lady. She had already shown distain for the younger generation’s sexual promiscuity. He was determined to act the part of a virtuous suitor.

Despite his determination to be the perfect gentleman his eyes kept drifting back to Mara…to her luscious lips, the delicate curve of her neck and eventually his eyes stop and lingered over her ample bosom. A hot blush crept over his face as he realized her black dress did little to conceal her cleavage and he was certain he could make out the faint outline of her nipples beneath the dark, thin material. Her nearness, the scent of her perfume and the fact that his bedroom and complete privacy was only meters away made every nerve in his body taut with desire.

He jumped when Mara’s hand squeezed his thigh. She turned to him and smiled coyly. “You’re not paying attention to the holo.”

Luke gave a nervous cough. “Sorry, the plot is a little too enigmatic for me. I got lost when the hero’s pregnant wife turned into a giant crystal spider.”

She picked up the remote control and turned off the holoprojector. “I think the spider is a metaphor for the hero’s deep seated fear of commitment. He sees women as frightening creatures that often eat their mate.”

He scrutinized her face, expecting her to burst out in laughter at any moment. “Really?”

She chuckled. “Really. That’s what the reviews I read said. Would you rather watch something else, perhaps Red Expendables? That has a lot of action heroes from our youth. Of course they are around seventy years old now.”

He shook his head. “No, I think I’ll fall asleep halfway through. This has been a long day.”

She leaned in and kissed him on his bearded cheek. “Should I tuck you in bed?”

Luke turned his head so their lips met in a long, drawn out kiss. When they pulled apart he grinned. “Why don’t we save that for another place and another time.” He slowly stood up and held out his hand to assist Mara from her seat. “Can I walk you to your quarters?”

He could see disappointment in her eyes, but he had promised himself that he would woo her properly. She gave a small smile as she took his hand and rose to her feet. “That would be wonderful, Master Skywalker.”

He offered her his arm as they exited his apartment and walked down the long corridors to the dignitary wing of the temple where Mara’s quarters were located. Outside her door he gave her a quick kiss and fully intended to leave, but Mara had other ideas. She opened her door and then turned back to him. “Why don’t you come in for a drink?”

He looked into her apartment and then to her clingy little black dress with plunging cleavage. He should have said no, but his mouth said yes. He entered her apartment as she turned on the lights. As the door slid closed behind him she wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him an impassioned kiss that turned his body on fire. He eventually pulled away breathless. “Mara?”

She ran a hand lightly across his jaw and then down his chest, stopping just short of his waist. “Luke, I just realized that my apartment is another place and this is another time.”

His heart skipped and then started to race. “Don’t you think we are rushing things?”

She closed her eyes briefly as she drew in a slow, shuttered breath. “Luke, you’ve waited for thirty years and I’ve been waiting all my life. This is going to happen, so why waste time. Dating is a way to get to know a person. I know you. We lived together and we have a growing Force bond. I can feel your emotions and you can feel mine. If we’re not ready now…then we’ll never be.”

“Are you sure?” He didn’t want to pressure Mara. This would be her first time and he wanted it to be special. It was then he realized he wasn’t prepared for a sexual encounter. He didn’t want to get her pregnant. “Mara, I don’t have protection.”

Her dark eyes gleamed with unspoken desire. “I had Dr. Minsk put me on repress meds.”

“Oh.” Luke struggled with his indecision for a second, but only a second before he snatched her up in his arms. Mara let out a surprised yelp as her feet left the floor but Luke silenced her with a hungry kiss as they moved to the bedroom. He set her down next to her bed and broke away reluctantly so he could divest himself of his tunic and trousers. Mara unzipped her dress and let it drop, pooling around her feet. Luke sucked in a breath when he saw the black lace baby doll lingerie Solo had snuck into her suitcase while at the hospital.

She stood before him wearing the enticing outfit, smiling smugly. “Do you like it?”

“Yes,” he breathed. “Remind me to thank Han for buying that.”

She moved forward and kissed him gently. “No, then he’ll want details. Let’s just keep this between us.”

He ran a hand along the thin straps holding the frilly undergarment up. “I’d rather have nothing between us,” he whispered huskily before delivering a searing kiss.

Gemma and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That's quite the first formal date!

Gemma and Jedi_Lover like this.
  12. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    LOL at "starting over". And Han's lingerie makes another appearance. :D

How should it end? I'm thinking to jump forward a few years and show quick snapshots of their wedding, life with a kid (or kids), maybe even a Jedi mission with Luke and Mara and maybe one of their kids working together. You know, just little snapshots of their future life. :D

Jedi_Lover and Revanfan1 like this.
  13. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh]I'm surprised the lingerie given by Han didn't kill the mood. Great update!!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  14. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    OMGosh -- where do I begin :) loved it all. The part when he opened the door to her and was kind of speechless, precious. Their start over at dinner was cute. The movie they watched 'Enemy' nice add in -- made me laugh how Mara explained it to him. Loved how she noticed he was watching her and not the holo.
    This is perfect -- Mara is such an intelligent woman.

Just once in my life (and soon) I would love to meet a single man that knows how to 'woo' and/or court a lady.

As for the end --- I'd love to see Luke take her some place special and propose to her ---- or just propose to her a few months down the line in a very special way --- the kind of thing that takes your breath away.@};-@};-@};-^:)^

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  15. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Excellent date, and I'm glad they decided not to wait - they've waited long enough!

*waits no-so-patiently for the ginchy-shine*

Jedi_Lover, Gemma and ginchy like this.
  16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh yeah! Great of them to let go of the awkwardness.

Jedi_Lover and Gemma like this.
  17. bkwrm752003

bkwrm752003 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    Awesome first date. :) Luke's nervousness what funny. It's interesting that he never had to work for a relationship before. But I guess that put's them on an even playing field. Mara's never really dated either.

As for the ending, how about a flash-forward to 8 years in the future, Luke gets up in the middle of the night to sooth one of his newborn twins (boy & girl of course) and reminisces about what has happened in his life for those past 8 years. Him proposing to Mara, the wedding, what Jaina and Jacen and their spouses are up to, what Han and Leia are doing, the birth of his 3 older children (Ben first, then a daughter, then another son), what has happened to the Jedi order. That sort of thing. I have spent way too much time thinking about this.[face_blush]

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    eeep, I'm at bat!!!! [face_devil]

Jedi_Lover, JadeLotus and Gemma like this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUGGLES! A big fat melty SQUEE and huggles! Your L/M is always great! [:D] [:D] I love that the earlier awkwardness gave way to their customary ease and I was too amused by Luke's total distraction and Mara-absorption [face_love] I loved Mara's boldness. [face_dancing] And what she was wearing Han had the right idea, natch. [face_mischief]

Jedi_Lover and Gemma like this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am still mad at that movie. I not only lost two hours of my life watching it, but another 25 minutes watching a YouTube video getting an explanation about what the movie was about. Movies shouldn't be that confusing!!!! A Grand Master doesn't even understand the movie!!! [face_laugh] I will get back to everybody's comments a little later. I just wanted to vent over the movie Enemy once more. o_O

Gemma likes this.
  21. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    Luke should of 'given another sample ' before Mara came over. After thirty years I can not think that her first time will be long and romantic. Use the Force Luke! Great job and thanks.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Have you been hacking into me and ginchy 's private messages? That was a concern, but I am fairly sure the shine will have this covered. [face_laugh]

23. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Not sure.how I missed all these updates but it was perfect. Luke is.so cute being so nervous and he and Mara are so sweet together.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  24. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    What can I say. Reality bites! I keep thinking about that scene in the movie"Something about Mary' with the so called hair gel.:)

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    It may have been formal at first but it quickly became clothing optional.

I decided to do something like that. We need to know if there is any Skycrawlers, after all.

It's not like Han packed a metal bikini. That would probably squash the mood.

Thank you. And thanks for helping me figure out the ending of of Enemy. I am still irritated over the ending since I have arachnophobia. I was not expecting what I saw. lol! I probably should have stretched out their courtship, but it is NaNo and I needed to end this story. Of course it still is not over. I have a follow up after this.

I saw the rough ginchy-shine and she did a wonderful job. She is quite the perfectionist, so she is still editing. Thanks for reading!

Thanks! They were together nonstop for weeks, so I thought the awkwardness would be short lived.

I am going to put in a lot of what you requested. Thanks for the ideas!

HURRY!!!! :p

Han knew what he was doing. He wants to see his brother-in-law happy and he knew he might need a little push to get him to forget the non-attachment nonsense.

LOL! Ginchy has that covered. Thanks for reading!

Thanks! I'm glad you caught up.

Alright...this chapter was supposed to be the last, but it was around 5000 words and I know readers like short chapters. So I am in the process of finding good stop points within the story. This chapter is short, but it can stand alone. There is at least one more chapter after this that tells you what happens in the future.

Thanks everyone for reading!!! [:D]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter 25

Luke slowly awoke feeling tired and sore, but more content than he could ever remember. He blinked his eyes open and was momentarily disorientated waking up in a room not his own. A broad smile crossed his face as he recalled the night before…that spectacular, wonderful, amazing night before. He rolled to his side and admired the beautiful woman lying next to him. She was asleep, her long red hair disheveled, her lips curved up in a small smile with only a light sheet covering her gorgeous body. He snuggled up next to her and pressed his lips to hers sweetly. She groaned as her eyes fluttered open. “Again? You’re unbelievable.”

Luke broke out in a shameless grin. “Why thank you. You were amazing yourself. I’ve never felt this way before.” He reached out and cupped her cheek in his palm. “I’ve never felt this type of connection with another person. The physical, emotional and Force bond we have…it’s beyond anything I have ever experienced. I have a Force connection with my sister, but this eclipses that…it surpasses everything.” He hesitated for a moment as a sweet emotion swept through him. “Mara I love you. I think the Force wanted us together…I want us together.”

She smiled brightly. “I want the same thing.”

He pulled her into his arms and kissed her hungrily. Eventually he pulled away and gazed deeply into her emerald eyes. “Good.” He grimaced at that lame response, but what he was now feeling couldn’t be expressed in words. He rolled over onto his back and stretched his body. “I can’t believe I kept up with you at my age.”

“Pfffsst,” Mara scoffed. “Your age means nothing now.” She reached over and ran a finger across his chest. “Nice taunt skin, no wrinkles, no gray hair, superior muscle tone. Master Skywalker you have to stop thinking of yourself as old. You got a new lease on life. You are young again.”

“Fate has looked kindly on me.” His brow furrowed as he remembered something. “I had a weird dream last night. I dreamt of my childhood on Tatooine.”

“What happened in your dream?”

His eyes narrowed as he attempted to recall the transient memory before it faded completely. “I dreamt I was once again a boy on my Uncle Owen’s farm. The moisture evaporator closest to our home regularly malfunctioned and would make a thump, thump, thump sound sometimes all night long. It made sleep impossible. I haven’t thought about that in decades. I wonder what got me…”

He was interrupted by Mara’s laughter. He grinned at her questioningly. “What’s so funny?”

“I think I know what got you thinking about your malfunctioning evaporator.”

“What?”

She grinned evilly. “I suspect your nephew paid a visit to Tenel Ka last night. The Princess happens to live on the other side of this wall. About an hour after we fell asleep those two started making a lot of noise…for a very, very long time. I’m surprise you slept through that racket.”

Luke groaned. “We’re going to have to get you quarters in another wing. I don’t need a glimpse into my nephew’s love life and I am sure he doesn’t want to hear us.”

Mara’s eyes went wide as she lowered her voice to a whisper. “Do you think they heard us?”

Luke laughed. “I don’t think the sound goes only one way in these dorms. If you heard them, then they heard us.”

Mara brought her hands up to cover a blush. “How embarrassing.”

“Don’t worry. Jacen knows how to keep secrets.” He felt his face heat despite his reassurances. “But it is embarrassing, even if they don’t tell anyone else.” He looked over to the wall chrono and panicked. “Stang! I have a meditation class to teach in an hour. I didn’t make arrangements to get a substitute.” He turned to Mara as a feral smile curved his lips. “But…I can cancel if you want to continue what we started last night.”

She dropped her head back into her pillow. “I think I need to recover from your machinations. Go on ahead and I'll see you at lunch.”

“Ohhh, for a nooner!” His grin was full of hungry anticipation.

She rolled over and smacked him playfully across his bare chest. “You are insatiable…but yes, for a nooner.”

He threw his legs over the edge of the bed and found his briefs lying on the ground. He pulled on his clothing and then went over to the other side of the bed and gave Mara a quick kiss. “I’ll see you in a few hours.”

He walked to her front door and hoped nobody saw him slinking out of her apartment so early in their relationship. He didn’t want to provide scandalous fodder to the gossipmongers. He exited Mara’s apartment only to find Jacen leaving Tenel Ka’s quarters. The two men looked at each other, a blush coloring their faces.

“Umm…I just came by to see if Tenel Ka wanted to go to breakfast,” Jacen said while trying to suppress a grin.

“Same here. I wanted to see if Mara wanted to go to breakfast…um just the same way you wanted to ask Tenel Ka.” Luke fumbled through the lie knowing his nephew didn’t believe one word.

Jacen’s gaze passed over Luke’s rumpled clothing. “Aren’t those the same clothes I saw you wearing around dinner time last night?”

Luke scrutinized Jacen’s disheveled outfit. “I was going to ask you the same thing.”

Jacen laughed out loud before putting an arm over his uncle’s shoulder. “Do you want to do the walk of shame together? Maybe people will think we were out on an all night drinking bender?”

Luke laughed. “That would be a worse rumor. I’d rather people think I’m now the smooth and alluring paramour of the lovely Lady Jade.”

“Wow.” Jacen gave a shake of his head as they walked down the corridor. “I can see the headlines now: Grand Master Skywalker—Ladies’ Man.”

“Lady…not ladies,” Luke corrected while beaming. “Mara Jade is the only woman I will ever want or ever need.”

‘Now and forever,’ he happily thought to himself. ‘Now and forever.’

Revanfan1, Gemma and jcgoble3 like this.