main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Second Chance (SJRS EP7 Challenge) Updated: 11/15/14 - COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, May 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    LOL at Luke and Jacen encountering each other. [face_laugh]

Looking forward to the rest! :D

Gemma likes this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    LOL! That was great. I cant wait for the last chapter!

3. bkwrm752003

bkwrm752003 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    Who are these strange people who like short chapters?[face_dunno] As always, great chapter. I will be sad when the story is over. I hope we won't have to wait too long before your next brillant story.

BTW, did I miss the special Ginchy bonus chapter? Where can I find it?

Gemma likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    ginchy is still editing. Something about it doesn't feel right yet to her. I think it is fine and extremely hot, but Ginchy knows best. She has it and is in the process of polishing up the shine.

Nyota's Heart and Gemma like this.
  5. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This last chapter was fantastic. I think the item that was the cutest for me was Luke pointing out that the sound through the walls goes both ways. :)@};-

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Haha..it's was great. Especially Luke and Jacen bumping into each other. I love their relationships here-they are real buddies. Looking forward to read Ginchy's shine.

7. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm a fan of long chapters... :p

This was great! Perfect "morning after" and I love the ease of their relationship - they really bring out the best in each other.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] and Squee! Oh you do tickle me... yup, I think Mara needs to move to a separate wing from Tenel Ka, too little privacy [face_rofl]

[:D]

Gemma likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Luke and Jacen meeting outside the apartments...too funny!

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Oh......The Walk of Shame! Done that a few times. Much to my parents dismay. Oh well,builds character. I got called out on wallbangin one time but I can not take credit of it. It was not me and they would not believe me. Great job and thanks!

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks! I have one more chapter and I am done. This "ONE-SHOT" turned into a novel. lol!

You can stop waiting. It is on its way.

Here is a long chapter. Hopefully it isn't too long.

Thanks. Poor Mara had to endure hearing Jacen and Tenel Ka's nighttime adventures since she got there.

I really liked Jacen and I think he had the potential to be a great friend to Luke in the profics. He was the savior of the Vong War. He saved Luke. He should have had a better ending to his life than becoming Sith and getting killed by his sister. I mean how much hardship should the Solo's endure?

This last one is LONG. It is 3674 words. Hopefully it will keep your interest.

Definitely! They are going to damage that wall between their quarters. That may be a load bearing wall!! We don't need the Temple tumbling down from excessive bootknocking!

Thanks! I thought that would be a cute scene.

I had to look up wallbangin. :p I am not up on the slang.

Thanks everybody for reading. I asked for suggestions on how to end this story and it appears the readers want updates on what is happening with Mara and Luke. So I have some periodic updates and then an epilogue.

I really appreciate all the reviews. You guys are great!!

I need to stop doing "One-Shot" stories because they never end up that way. [face_laugh]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 26

Two Months Later

Mara sat on the couch of her new quarters flipping through the channels of her holonet projector when she saw an image of Luke on one of the local gossip shows. Once they officially started dating they found themselves constantly followed by the paparazzi and subject of endless rumors. “Luke! You’re on the holonet!”

Luke rushed out of the kitchen carrying a bottle of wine and two glasses. “Again? What did I do this time? Did I have another love child?”

“That would be better than that stomach pump rumor.” She smirked as she took a glass from his hand.

He sat down next to her and uncorked the bottle and poured wine into the two glasses. “Turn up the volume.”

She raised the sound so they could hear what outlandish gossip the reporters had made up today. A green Twi’lek with blue eyes and almost no clothing smiled at the camera while an image of the Grand Master could be seen in the background. “Hello, this is Kandy Doros from Celebrity Insider with a story about our favorite Grand Master. According to sources close to Master Skywalker, the Jedi and his lover, the mysterious Lady Jade from Hapes, have been seen strolling in the park this week, walking hand in hand.” The image in the background went to Luke and Mara walking together, both smiling and looking very much in love. “Normally this wouldn’t be news but if we zoom into the image it appears the Lady Jade has a baby bump.” The camera zeroed in on Mara's conspicuously swollen abdomen.

“What?!” She shouted incredulously before she stood and ran a hand down her flat stomach. “I don’t have a baby bump!”

“I don’t know,” Luke chuckled. “The holocam doesn’t lie…unless it was done by image-manipulation…but they would never do that.” The sarcasm in his voice was unmistakable.

It is rumored that Mara Jade became impregnated during their days in medical isolation.” The Twi’lek winked. “It seems that medical prodding and poking wasn’t the only thing going on in that hospital. Keep tuned in for further updates in our baby bump watch.”

Mara took a swig on her wine while fuming at the nonsense she had to endure from the public. She didn’t know how Luke tolerated the rumors.

“Whoa, Mara. Should you be drinking in your condition?” Luke laughed at Mara’s obvious discomfort.

She gave him a withering glare, but decided to go along with the joke. She placed her glass on a side table and slowly sat down. “You’re right. It won’t be good for the baby.” She was surprised she could keep a straight face while making that comment. She couldn’t wait to see him squirm.

“What?” Luke whispered before a wide grin crossed his face. “You’re really pregnant?”

The complete joy in his voice was obvious and unexpected. Now she felt horrible. “No, I was joking.” Mara lowered her head embarrassed for toying with his emotions.

“Oh.” Luke gave a forced smile. “Good…we don’t want to rush things.”

She sighed while giving him a knowing look. “Luke, remember our Force bond. I can tell you were thrilled at the prospect.”

He shrugged. “I wouldn’t mind being a father, but I don’t want to rush you. You just got your life back from stasis. I want you to have time to live before getting tied down.”

She grinned. “I don’t mind being tied down.”

He gazed at her for a long moment. “Do you mean you don’t mind being tied down with kids…or you don’t mind being tied down with those silk scarfs we used last night.”

She laughed. “Both.”

He finished his drink and stood, holding his hand out to her. “Let’s get started then.”

She couldn’t help but smile at his youthful enthusiasm. She could feel his joy through the Force and she was sure he could sense her happiness. Life was good.

Six Months Later

Mara opened the door to Luke’s office at the temple and peeked in. “I was told you needed to see me.” Luke looked up from his desk and flashed a sweet smile .

“Come on in.” He motioned for her to enter and gestured to the chair across from his desk. “Please sit.” He stood, grabbed his datapad off his desk as he moved around to where Mara was sitting. “I didn’t know if you saw the latest gossip in the holozines.”

Mara sighed dramatically while making a face. “Let me guess, I’m having an affair with Batboy and secretly gave birth to a bat-human hybrid that is now terrorizing the lower levels of Coruscant?”

Luke gave out a chuckle. “No, but that’s a good one. You’re extremely skilled at making up those headlines, you could work for the gossip mongering networks.” He handed her the datapad where a news story was highlighted on the screen. “No, there is a less shocking story, but I thought you might like to see it before people at the Temple started asking you questions.”

Mara read the story silently before she handed the datapad back to Luke. “So? We’re now secretly engaged. We have been expecting that story for months.”

Luke sat on the edge of his desk and smiled at her warmly. “I just thought we should decide how we should respond to any reporters asking us to confirm this story.”

She gave a small shrug. “I assumed we simply say no comment. How do you want to respond?”

“I was going to confirm those rumors.” A wide grin split his face as he got down onto one knee in front of her. He reached into a pocket in his Jedi robes and pulled out a small box. He opened it revealing a halo diamond and emerald bridal engagement ring. He held the ring up to her as his usual serious Grand Master facade crumbled and changed into the nervous face of lover fearful of rejection. “Mara Jade will you marry me?”

“Yes!” she yelled as she dropped out of her chair to kneel in front of him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a long, passionate kiss. “I thought you’d never ask.”

“Really?” Luke sounded surprised. “I was afraid I was rushing things.”

“Not at all.” She allowed him to slip the ring on her finger. She held it up to the light admiring its beauty before turning back to her fiancé. “I think I’ve been ready for commitment since our first night together. I just didn’t want to rush you.”

“I’ve wanted to ask the question since our first kiss in the medical isolation unit.”

She gave a soft laugh. “That might have been rushing it.”

He stood and reached out taking her hands in his as he helped her to her feet. “I know my sister is going to want to plan the wedding.”

Mara’s face fell. “Ohh yeah…your sister.” She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “Our wedding is going to be a circus, isn’t it? Thousands of high profile guests including royalty, a ridiculously expensive wedding dress, dozens of bridesmaids, a fifty kilogram cake, thousands of flowers and probably a five million credit price tag.”

Luke groaned. “Probably.”

“We should elope,” Mara suggested.

Luke massaged the back of his neck while considering the option. “I would love to, but if I did that one of two things may happen. Either Leia would send Chewie over to the Temple to tear my arms off for depriving her of the opportunity of planning the wedding of the decade or she will send Han over to shoot us with the Hapan Gun of Command and brainwash us into thinking we want a huge wedding.” He let out a deep breath. “No, if she wants to plan the wedding we’ll tell her we want a small ceremony with only family and friends.” He looked at Mara. “Is that okay with you?”

“Yes, that sounds perfect.” She then leaned in and gave him a kiss of approval.

Four Months after the proposal

Mara squirmed on her bed as Luke rubbed his bearded face over her bare belly. “Stop that tickles.”

He turned his head to kiss her stomach. “I just want the baby to know his daddy loves him.”

“It could be a she.”

Luke kissed her just above the navel. “No, it’s a boy.” He propped himself on his elbow as they lay on the bed. He put a hand on her stomach and concentrated through the Force. “I think the baby is male. His Force signature feels male.” He noticed her roll her eyes. “You don’t think so?”

She put her hands over her stomach and closed her eyes. “I don’t know. It feels like a female to me.”

“Maybe it’s both.”

Her eyes narrowed. “What do you mean by that?”

“Twins,” he said innocently.

“Oh.” Mara put her hands back on her stomach and closed her eyes in deep concentration. She looked up at Luke with wide eyes. “Stang…I do feel both.” When Luke gave her a wide toothy grin she frowned. “You’re happy aren’t you? Of course you’re happy. You don’t have to carry two babies for another eight months, have twice the morning sickness and then squeeze two humans out of a ten-centimeter opening.”

“You’re happy too, I can feel it.” He leaned back down and nuzzled her stomach causing her to giggle.

“That beard tickles.”

“I didn’t hear you complaining about it last night,” he shot back with a grin.

She crooked a finger in his direction. “Come here. I want to kiss you.”

He crawled up the bed and brought his lips over hers for a long, slow kiss. “I love you Mara Jade.”

“I love you too.”

“We really should get married before you start showing.”

She frowned. “Are you embarrassed that we conceived out of wedlock?”

He shook his head. “No, but I would like to be married before the children are born and I assume you want to wear a wedding dress and with twins…”

“With twins I am going to balloon up as big as a Hutt and I will probably have to hire a Gamorrean dressmaker to get a gown that fits. Is that what you were going to say?”

“No I wasn’t going to say that! That would be a awful thing to say.” He grinned mischievously. “I was thinking that, but there was no way I would ever say it.”

“She smacked him across the shoulder. “You’re just lucky you are so damn good looking and good in bed or I’d….” She trailed off, not finishing her sentence.

“You’d do what?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know. I haven’t gotten that far in my planning because I get distracted by your good looks and your sexy moves in bed…but I guess I now have time to consider my options.”

“Oh no,” Luke cried out playfully before he began burning a trail of kisses down her neck. “I must distract Mara Jade.”

He ran his hand down her body and did a little move that always worked. She yelped in delight before laughing. “I completely forgot what I was thinking about.”

“Good,” Luke said as he pulled her tight against her body. “I plan on distracting you all night.”

The Second Trimester of the Pregnancy

“Come on, let me carry you over the threshold of our new quarters.” Luke scooped up Mrs. Mara Jade Skywalker up in his muscular arms pulling Mara and her bulky lace wedding dress off the floor. He guided her through the doorway careful not to bang her head on the doorjamb. Once they were inside he gently set her down and kissed her softly. He turned and swept his hand in a presenting motion. “How do you like our new home?”

Mara made her way through the expansive quarters, eloquently decorated with fabulously beautiful furniture, hardwood floors, and granite countertops in the roomy kitchen. “It’s beautiful Luke. I didn’t know the Temple had apartments this large.”

He walked up next to her as he tugged at the bow tie of his tuxedo. “They don’t. I had two apartments combined and renovated for us. It has four bedrooms, two baths, and lots of storage.” He caressed her stomach over her shimmersilk wedding dress. “There is plenty of room for a growing family.”

Mara fought back happy tears but lost the battle. “It’s so beautiful.” She turned and kissed her husband. “You’re so good to me. I’m so glad you found me.”

“I’m so glad you married me and will soon make me a father.” He pulled her into his embrace. “I am happier than I have ever been in my life. I can’t imagine being happier.”

“I can,” Mara gave him a slow sexy smile. “I can imagine us as a family. I can’t wait to see our son and daughter.”

“Neither can I my love. Neither can I.”

Epilogue

The sun beat down on Luke’s bare back as he slept to the sound of waves lapping the private sandy beach on Hapes. Leia planned a big family reunion, but she didn’t wanted to deal with the press hounding them. The Queen of Hapes generously offered the use of her private island estate. The large beach home was big enough to house the entire Skywalker/Solo family.

“Daddy!” came the sound of a young voice before something heavy landed on Luke’s back, waking and nearly knocking the wind out of him. “Wake up, Daddy.” Luke rolled over and grabbed his son up in his arms before tickling the young boy.

“I’m awake now,” he laughed as he got the boy giggling so hysterically he was sure the child would wet his pants. Six year old Derrik was a rambunctious child. He took after Luke physically with blond hair and blue eyes, but he definitely had his mother’s temperament and sense of adventure.

“Mommy said to get you for lunch.”

Luke stood while picking the boy up and setting him on his shoulders. “Did she say to jump on me?”

“No.”

“I didn’t think so,” Luke said while walking toward the beach house. “Is your brother and sister there already?”

“Yeah, Ben and Hanna are playing a hologame. They won’t let me play.”

Luke bounced the boy up and down on his shoulder making him laugh. “Ben and Hanna are probably playing a game rated for teens. They know they’d get in trouble if they let you play.”

The two arrived to a house filled with laughter and loud voices. Luke was almost knocked over by Jagged Junior, Jaina and Jagged Fel’s seven-year-old son running past him. Jag was closely followed by Allana, Jacen and Tenel Ka’s eight-year-old daughter. “Whoa, no running in the house,” Luke called out, but they were already down the hall and out of earshot. Luke put his youngest son on the floor and went into the kitchen where the adults were currently congregating. Leia was making a salad while Jacen helped his mom set the dinner table. Jaina, Mara and Tenel Ka were in the corner drinking wine and whispering something in a conspiratorial tone. Either they were discussing state secrets or gossiping about their husbands. Mara looked up and smiled when Luke entered the room. She whispered something to the other ladies before she walked over to join him.

“What are you three talking about?” Luke asked with a grin. “Were you discussing who has the best husband?”

Mara rolled her eyes. “That would be a short discussion. I’m the only one married to a Grand Master. No, we were talking about the kids. Which reminds me, I have to pry the twins off the hologame.” She walked around the corner and called out to them. “Ben, Hanna, join us for lunch.”

Luke heard a groan of displease but eventually his two oldest children joined them. Fourteen-year-old Ben had a shock of red hair just like his mother but his father’s bright blue eyes. Hanna had blondish red hair with dark green eyes. Both were a good mixture of their parents with Ben a little more reserved than his sister.

Ben laughed when he saw his father. “Did you forget to put on sunscreen again dad?”

Luke looked down at his chest and realized it was turning an angry red, he could only imagine what he back looked like. “Yeah, I keep forgetting I’m not that tanned boy from Tatooine anymore.”

“Just don’t let mom to put on your sunscreen.” Hanna said with a smirk. “I think that’s how we got our little brother.”

Luke blushed slightly realizing Derrik was conceived during Mara and his second honeymoon at a Chandrila beach resort. “I’ll get Threepio to help me out.” He gave his daughter a wink. “That should be safe.”

Han and Chewie entered the kitchen laughing about something. Luke had a rudimentary understanding of Shyriiwook, but he would never be as fluent as Han when it came to the Wookiee language. Little Jag ran up to Chewie, jumped up as high as he could and grabbed onto his fur in an attempt to climb up into the Wookiee’s arms. Chewie grunted before he grabbed Han’s grandson by the feet and held him upside-down. Instead of being upset the boy squealed in delight at his topsy-turvy position. “Grandpa, help me.” Han smirked before leaned in and tickled the boy. Jagged Junior laughed uncontrollably as Allana skipped up to the trio and joined in the tickle fest.

Jaina shook her head. “The last time you did that he threw up.”

Han looked to his daughter and grinned. “Last time we did it after he ate. He has an empty stomach now.”

“Knock off the rough play,” Leia reprimanded her husband and his best friend. “Where’s your husband Jaina?”

Jaina glowered as she moved to the door leading to the deck. “He was supposed to put away the comlink and let his second-in-command take care of things in his Fleet.” She walked outside and returned with a sheepish looking Admiral Fel.

“I was just getting a status update.”

She shook her head. “Believe it or not, Commodore Stensik can handle things without your help.”

“Yes Ma’am.” Jag walked over to Chewie and held out his arms. “Thanks for keeping him out of trouble Chewie. I can take it from here.” The Wookiee grunted a response as he handed the boy to his father.

Leia put the salad in the middle of the table and motioned for everybody to sit down and begin eating. Luke slipped a shirt on and then sat next to Mara, his hand instinctively moving to her thigh under the table where he gave her a playful squeeze. She gave him a warning look, but didn’t remove his hand.

He couldn’t believe all that had happened in the last fifteen years. He went from being a confirmed bachelor to a happily married man and a father of three. Jacen and Tenel Ka married and had a daughter. Jagged Fel and Jaina married and had a son. Han and Leia were a little grayer at the temples, but still young at heart and enjoying the role of grandparents.

It was amazing how different his life was now compared to his thirty years as a celibate Jedi. When he looked at Mara he could feel the love coursing through his body. How could he have ever thought non-attachment was a good idea? He grinned as he raised his glass of flavored water off the table and stood to address his family. 

“I’d like to propose a toast.” The other members smiled and raised their glasses. “The old Jedi Order believed a successful Jedi Knight avoided attachment. All a Jedi needed was the Force. They were wrong. It is love and family that binds us together. I never felt so connected and alive as when I fell in love and became a father. May all our families stay strong, grow and thrive. To family!”

“To family,” they all called out.

Luke sat down and smiled at his wife. She gave him a coy smile. “So you want our family to grow.”

Luke laughed when Ben clapped his hands over his ears. “Please, please don’t talk about a growing family. I don’t want any more brothers or sisters.”

Luke chuckled. “Sorry Ben, but I can’t promise you anything.”

“Especially if I have to lotion up your back,” Mara whispered to her husband.

He leaned in and gave her a quick kiss. “I look forward to it Mrs. Skywalker.”

“Ugghhh.” Ben rolled his eyes dramatically. “Aunt Leia can I be excused? My parents are acting all romantic again.”

Han laughed. “In five years it’ll be you sitting at the table with a girlfriend and acting all mushy.”

“Unlikely with his looks and personality,” Ben’s twin sister remarked sarcastically.

“Be nice, Hanna,” Mara admonished her. “Your brother has his father’s good looks. He’ll do fine.”

“Ack! Don’t talk about me while I’m sitting right here.” He picked up his fork and poked at his salad. “Can we just eat without any public displays of affection? Just until lunch is over.”

Luke shook his head. “Nope. Attention all adults. Grab your spouse and make this the most awkward moment for my teens.” Luke put an arm around Mara and gave her a soft kiss.

“You heard the man,” Han said as he leaned over and kissed Leia. Jacen did the same with Tenel Ka. Jagged Fel, the consummate straight-laced senior officer, hesitated slightly before kissing Jaina soundly.

Ben dropped his head to the table and thumped his forehead on the wood in a dramatic gesture.

Luke laughed at his son’s discomfort. “Now that we got that out of the way. Let’s eat!”

Luke looked over his growing family and smiled. For decades he worked to return the Jedi to their former glory. He fought the urge to marry and have kids. He was glad that was one fight he lost. He would be forever grateful that the Force allowed him a second chance.

AngelQueen, Kahara, Gemma and 3 others like this.
  12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Wonderful finish! Love the way the proposal went down, "confirming" the rumors. [face_laugh]

Great story all around! =D=

Kahara, Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  13. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Great finish :D

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh squeeeeelicious wrap up. I'm all gooey and happy inside. This was absolutely fun and perfect. Perfect. This and "Shadow of Fate" ... I feel like the release of Ep7 will be kind of a letdown after this. =D=

[:D]

15. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Great ending, and I liked the glimpses into Luke and Mara's life ending in one big happy SkySolo family.

16. bkwrm752003

Oct 26, 2006
    Really awesome happy ending!=D=

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Love the whole thing, but the best part was the four couples kissing and embarrassing Ben. [face_laugh]

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Oh, and according to Apache OpenOffice Writer, this whole thing works out to 56,859 words. That's a great job of sticking with it. I wish I could stick with a pure fanfic story that long. :p

(I calculated this last night, but forgot to post it until now.)

Kahara and Jedi_Lover like this.
  19. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Super ending! Family dinners can be so entertaining most of the time. Ours would get so out of hand that my mama put the jackass from the manger scene on the x-mas dinner table. Who ever made an ass out of themselves would get it placed in front of them. Who ever had it the most or at the end of the dinner had to do all the dishes. Poor old ass got passed so much both his ears are broken off. Thanks!

Kahara, Jedi_Lover and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    HA! We've got @ginchy-Shine Sign! And it is hot!

Gemma likes this.
  21. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Okay, ya'll know the drill. If you're over 18, I will PM ya the smut. [face_devil]

Gemma, JadeLotus and Jedi_Lover like this.
  22. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Yes please!

Jedi_Lover and ginchy like this.
  23. bkwrm752003

Oct 26, 2006
    Please send me the PM.

24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Eh, what the heck. I normally avoid smut, but I'll take a look at this one. Send it my way. :)

25. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    And me, and me!Send me PM please.