main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Secret Ally: Clone Trouble DDC 2016

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 1, 2016.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, what a first session that was! Quite eventful, there. And sweet assurances afterwards.

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002

Now that the excerpt is up. Thank you everyone who nominated A Secret Ally Scoundrel Trouble. [:D]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Congrats! Fun mixed with tender. The best blend. ;)

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Congrats and loved to see Padmé in the session

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Two months later

Fress’s pregnancy was really beginning to show as she turned around in her wedding dress. Finally the day had arrived for her and Jess to finally tie the knot. I watched as Fress turned towards me with a smile. She looked beautiful. “You’re radiantly beautiful.”

“Thanks Anakin,” Fress answered as she returned the hug. “We’re finally going to tie the knot after all of this time.”

“I’m surprised you haven’t done it by now,” I said as I stepped back. “Why did you wait so long?”

“We never found the right moment and I didn’t want to elope,” Fress answered honestly. “With you being here is a present in itself. I love you, Anakin. Thank you for giving me away.”

“You’re welcome,” I answered as I kissed her on the cheek. “It’s an honor to give you away. You’re like a little sister to me. We’ve been through a lot together.”

“You are like a brother to me, and I know you tried to scare off Jess a couple of times. He told me what you said to him,” Fress said with a raised brow causing me to blush beat red. I gave Han a similar pep talk. What can I say? I’m protective of my family.

“Are you ready?” I questioned as I showed her my arm as she weaved hers into mine as Leia and Ahsoka held the doors open as I walked Fress through them.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” Fress answered as we walked through the door. Ahsoka and Rex had invited Meeka to the wedding. Fress asked Meeka if she wanted to be the flower girl, which she had readily agreed. Meeka walked out first as Kay and Brice walked up the aisle. Leia and Ahsoka walked out next as I noted Han was standing beside Jess. I was surprised Jess asked Han to be his best man. I thought he would ask Rex. But he declined and I wasn’t sure what the story was. They gave Brice an important job to do, to take the rings up to the front, which Brice had agreed to. I wondered what exactly Han had done to win the honor of being best man.

Leia was gorgeous as usual and Ahsoka just looked radiant. Dev looked handsome. I looked at Fress as the music changed causing everyone to stand up and turn towards us. I took a deep breath as we stepped into the room walking up the aisle as flashes were seen going off. Who would’ve thought so many reporters would show up for this. They crashed the ceremony before it had a chance to start. They were nothing more than pests.

The ceremony would have two parts in it, which will be different from Leia’s. Fress and Jess planned to forge their souls as one in the Force and cite bows to each other vocally. As we came to a stop in front of Luke and the minister chosen to lead the ceremony, I placed Fress’s hands into Jess’s. “Take care of her, Jess.”

“I promise,” Jess answered as we looked towards the minister.

“We’re gathered here today to witness the marriage of Fress Colias and Jess Shern. Who here gives this woman away?”

“I do,” I answered as I hugged both then took a seat beside Rex. “Out of curiosity why did Jess ask Han?”

“I’ll tell you later, just you know it’s a good reason,” Rex answered honestly as he looked at Ahsoka. “I have to wait the whole day and night before getting Ahsoka alone again.”

I chuckled lightly knowing Ahsoka deliberately dressed up to tease Rex all afternoon and tonight too. I watched as Luke stepped forward and explained this part of the process. I got to witness the bonding through the Force.

Luke levitated both crystals into the air as I sensed Fress and Jess bond their selves to the crystals. Jess and Fress glowed brightly inside as well as outside as they opened their minds completely to each other. There was no greater love.

The glow died down as Luke took a step back as the minister led them through the rest of their vows. Fress and Jess were looking into each other’s eyes the whole time holding hands.

“I Jess Shern, take Fress Colias as my wife. You are the mother of my children and the love of my life. You make me complete and after all this time. I always knew you were the one who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. You spent so much time making me happy, I want to spend the rest of my life making you just as happy. We’ve been through so much together. I love you so much.”

“I Fress Colias, take Jess Shern as my husband. You’re my sunshine on a rainy day, the father of my children. You make my life complete. You were there for me when I learned that Anakin flipped his lid,” I heard a few chuckles from around the room causing me to blush in embarrassment and lower my head so I didn’t have to meet anyone’s stare. “The amount of support you showed me over the years is over whelming. I love you so much Jess and I can’t think of anyone who I would want to share my life with. You’re my soul mate. You make my life complete. I love you so much.”

“Do you Jess Shern take Fress Colias as your lawfully wedded wife through sickness and health, good times and bad, richer or poorer till death parts you?” The minister questioned as Brice stepped forward with the ring for Fress and handed it to Jess.

“I do,” Jess answered easily as he placed the ring on Fress’s finger.

“Do you Fress Colias take Jess Shern as your lawfully wedded husband through sickness and health, good times and bad, for richer or poorer till death parts you?” The minister questioned as Brice handed the ring to Dev, he stepped forward handing it to Fress.

“I do,” Fress answered easily as she placed the ring on Jess’s finger.

“If anyone has cause why these two should not be joined in marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace,” the minister said as Fress and Jess didn’t bother looking at the crowd. “I now pronounce you as husband and wife. Jess, you may now kiss your bride.”

Jess tenderly lifted the veil off of Fress’s face and gently took her jaw into his hands as he tilted her head up and kissed her on the lips. Brice looked very happy as Jess broke away and reached for him and Dev. They brought the boys in for a group hug. They were a very happy family.

-----------------------
    I looked at Fress and Jess as they took to the dance floor causing me to smile. I loved them both and I was happy for them. They had their first born back by chance. Things were finally working out for them. I glanced at Kay as others took to the dance floor and stood up. She smiled as I allowed her to thread her arm into mine. I led her on the dance floor as he slowly danced to the music. “I love you, Kay.”

“I love you too, Anakin,” Kay said with a smile as I spun her around. She had gotten a lot better at dancing recently and she couldn’t wait to really get started on some of the faster dances. “I’m just happy you didn’t break down on me.”

“I really had everyone concerned, didn’t I?” I questioned with a frown as Kay nodded. “That therapist is really good isn’t she?”

“She is,” Kay agreed as the music stopped. I leaned down and kissed her cheek. “I’m glad you’re seeing her. She can help you the way she helped me.”

Kay understood too much for her age and for that I regretted attempting to date so soon, “I’m sorry you had to go through that.”

“I’m sorry Ta’Chume hurt you,” Kay returned as she hugged me. Leia stepped in beside me as Han took Kay’s hand leading her into a slightly faster beat.

“You look beautiful as ever,” I complimented Leia as she blushed slightly.

“You’re looking handsome tonight,” Leia said with a slight smile as I turned her around then brought her back in,

“Thank you,” I accepted with a grin. “I love you so much, Leia.”

“I love you too, dad. I’m glad to see you’re acting a bit more normally again. Just for the record, don’t put anyone else into carbonite please. I don’t care if you’ve been in carbonite yourself,” Leia pleaded.

“Fine, but it takes the fun out of it for me,” I agreed as Leia shook her head sadly. I caught sight of Fress dancing with Rex as Jess danced with Ahsoka. “Hopefully I can get one dance in with Fress.”

“The night’s young and I’m sure you will,” Leia answered as she leaned her head against my chest as the dance slowed. “What do you plan to do if Ta’Chume gets pregnant?”

“I don’t know,” I answered honestly. “I want to be a part of the child’s life but Isolder made it clear that no one can know I’m the father.”

“Maybe we can work something out,” Leia gave a worried expression as I raised an eyebrow. “Worst case scenario,” she quickly added in.

I sensed something behind those words as if Leia knew something I didn’t yet. I wasn’t about to let that ruin my night so I decided to drop it for now. Someone tapped me on the shoulder as I glanced behind me as Fress smiled. “Hello gorgeous, Jess won’t get jealous will he?”

“Anakin, you’re a smooth talker at times,” Fress smiled as Leia walked over to Jess and started to dance with him as Han paired up with Ahsoka and Rex paired up with Kay. “Thank you, for not chasing Jess off. I would’ve really been missing out with him.”

“I tried and the kid stood his ground. It didn’t work,” I explained as Fress slapped me teasingly on the shoulder. “Now now, that’s not nice. I love you both.”

“We love you too, Anakin,” Fress returned with a smile. “We have a name for a boy and a name for a girl. I thought it might be better if I ran it by your first.”

“Okay,” I said with a pause wondering what she was thinking. “What did you have in mind?”

“Anakin if it’s a boy, and Mekaila Ani Shern, if it’s a girl. Mekailia is after my mother, but everyone called her Kei for short,” Fress answered as she chewed on her bottom lip.

“I don’t know what to say,” I felt honored that they wanted to name their son after me. “I’m honored. “

Fress gave a relieved smile as she kissed me on the cheek. “I love you, Anakin.”

“I love you too, Fress,” I said as the music stopped and I heard glasses being banged. “And your audience waits.”

Fress blushed as Jess took her by the arms and kissed her deeply on the lips as I heard shouts of encouragement to keep going. They were like that for the next two minutes as whistles broke out. I shook my head as they finally came up for air. I walked over to Jess and wrapped an arm around him. “Out of curiosity, how did Han end up being your best man?”

“Rex lost to him in a game of sabbacc,” Jess answered causing me to look at Jess dumb founded. “Rex has agreed to give the speech, it was the only way they were able to settle it.”

Rex was standing at the front as he called for everyone’s attention as I smiled. Rex knew Jess and Fress better then Han did. It still blew my mind that they fought over it.

“I’ve known Jess and Fress for a long time. All I got to say is, it’s about time. I remember they were merely padawan learners barely in their teens when I met them. Over time I watched them learn and grow into the adults they are now. I think a few of us picked up on the fact that there was something going on between them. It really became apparent when Anakin attempted to scare Jess off a couple of times,” I heard chuckles from around the room causing me to shake my head. They’ll never let me live it down. If Fress hadn’t found us when she did, Jess would’ve been in carbonite floating in space somewhere. “Jess, Fress, you make a lovely beautiful couple. I can’t think of two people more deserving of each other. We love you both. Congratulations.”

Ahsoka stood up beside Rex as raised her glass. “We’ve been through a lot together over the years. I’m proud to have you as friends. We love you both so much. Congratulations.”

“Fress, I see you as a little sister,” I spoke as Fress smiled. “And Jess, you’re the boy I tried to chase away first chance we came across the carbonite chamber.”

“You have an obsession don’t you?” Leia questioned with a frown as Fress and Jess chuckled.

“It’s effective for chasing boys away, or unwanted guests,” I answered with a smirk, “If Fress didn’t find me in time, Jess would’ve been floating home,” I explained causing Fress’s mouth to drop open. “On the other hand, you’re perfect for each other and I would be missing out on everything. For all it’s worth, I’m glad you found us in time. Welcome to the family Jess. We’re not blood related but I see you as a little brother and I love you both. Congratulations.”

Brice walked to Jess and Fress and wrapped his arms around both of them. “Thanks for making sure my adoptive parents were sane,” he said with a grin. “Now I’m learning more about my insane parents. I’m proud of you mom and dad and I’m happy I get to be back with you both,” Fress and Jess wrapped their arms around Brice as he looked very happy.

“We love you too, son,” Jess said with a smile. “We’re thankful to have you back with us.”

Fress started crying and I suspected her hormones were kicking in. “That’s my boy. I love you,, Brice,” Brice hugged Fress to him as she held onto him. “Sorry, hormones are kicking in.”

“It’s okay, mom,” Brice whispered. “Dad told me ahead of time.”

“Father son bonding,” Fress whimpered proudly. “I love you guys.”

“We love you, too. It’s okay, sweetheart,” Jess whispered as he calmed her down.

As the hour went on everyone took turns standing up and wishing the bride and groom the best of luck. I was happy for them and I got Brice while they were on their honey moon and Rex and Ahsoka have Dev. We planned to switch the boys until Fress and Jess got back. After Fress threw the bouquet and Jess happily pulled the ankle bracelet off Fress. They made a run for it. I watched them leave as Brice sat down beside me. Looks like the honey moon has begun, I suddenly had a bad nagging feeling in the back of my mind. Something wasn’t right but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. Time will tell.
    ------------------

Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, Gemma, DaenaBenjen42, AzureAngel2, earlybird-obi-wan

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    These kinds of things always turn me into happy melty goo. :D Then :oops: what was that at the end? [face_worried]

Falcon likes this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes what's that? And loved the marriage and all the happy things

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I kissed Kay good-bye as she got ready to leave for school. Brice was grabbing his stuff as he walked towards me with grin. I hugged him as he returned the hug. “Have a good day,” I said with a smile as Brice nodded in agreement as he walked out the door. The kids were off to school and I had some things to do. I needed to go and do some shopping. Greg had offered to come along and keep me company.

I grinned knowing who was going to be married next. The relationship between Greg and Melly was starting to get serious. They had already moved in together and Greg already had it all planned to pop the question soon.

I opened the door as Greg grinned at me. “Ready to go, Anakin?”

“Ready to go,” I answered as I closed the door behind me and locked it. “Have you figured out when to the pop the question yet?”

“I have it all planned for this weekend,” Greg answered nervously. “What if she says no?”

“Greg, she wouldn’t have moved in with you if she wasn’t serious about being with you,” I pointed out with a frown. “Relax, you’re both in love and it’ll work out. Just wait and see.”

“You’re right,” Greg released a sigh of relief as I hugged him to me. “Thanks Anakin. You need groceries and I need flowers.”

“Young love,” I teased with a small grin as we stepped onto the turbo lift and headed down to where the speeders were parked. “You’re getting me flowers right?”

“You’re not my type,” Greg smirked as the lift stopped and we headed towards the speeder. “They are for my beloved.”

I smirked as I climbed into the seat and flew the speeder towards the shopping center. Today was just starting and things had calmed down. I have heard rumors about a grand admiral taking over the Imperial Navy. Only one name came to mind and he was secretly promoted with very few knowing the truth about his promotion. Admiral Thrawn.
    -------------------------------
    I finished packing the speeder, there was only enough room for Greg and I to sit in the front. I looked at the groceries and shook my head. I hoped I had enough for Brcie, Kay, and I for the week. Or at least close to a week. “Do you think that’s enough?”

“Three days tops,” Greg answered with a smirk. “You have not only Kay in the apartment, but two hungry teenage boys.”

“They eventually have to learn about self control,” I said as I walked around to the other side of the speeder as my danger sense flared. I ignited my lightsaber and intercepted a blade close to my head as I looked at Leia in shock. “What are you doing?”

“You betrayed my trust,” Leia answered in a hurt tone. I felt confusion take hold as I took a step back in an attempt to give myself some distance from her. Her eyes were still brown. She didn’t fall to the darkside. Did I do something without realizing it? Only Leia knew the answer at this point in time.

“I don’t understand,” I said as Leia’s anger flared in her eyes. “What did I do? I don’t want to fight you, Leia, put the lightsaber down.”

“No,” Leia answered as she took a swing at my midsection as I intercepted her easily. It’s a good thing we didn’t start her training yet. “You attacked me this morning, right after Kay went to school.”

“Anakin’s been with me since Kay left for school,” Greg quickly spoke up hoping to diffuse the situation. “We’ve been shopping all morning for groceries. The speeder is full.”

Leia blinked in confusion as I looked at her with a curious expression. “Leia, I have no clue what is going on. I can and will get to the bottom of this.”

Leia stepped back as she looked at Greg as more confusion crossed her features. “You weren’t with him when…”

I stretched out with the Force and deactivated Leia’s blade as well as mine. I took the lightsaber from her because I wasn’t sure if Leia was thinking clearly. “Did you have a dream?”

“No it was real,” Leia answered in confusion. “I don’t know.”

“Let’s go back to my place and talk. I want to know the details, start to finish,” I said as I wrapped an arm around my very confused daughter. “For attacking me, you can help unload the groceries.”

“All right,” Leia agreed as she climbed into the speeder as Greg and I sat on either side of her. “Do you still have your red lightsaber?’

That caused me to pause as a bad feeling came over me. “No, I lost the lightsaber on the Death Star months ago before I threw Palpatine down the turbolift shaft. Why?”

“I think we have a problem,” Leia answered as she looked at Greg. “You can voche for Anakin’s whereabouts?”

Greg nodded as he pointed to the backseat. “We were out getting groceries this morning. He wanted to go as soon as Kay left for school so I met him at his apartment. He was with me the entire time. He didn’t attack you.”

“Why do I suddenly have this bad feeling,” I muttered under my breath. Thrawn crossed my mind again as we approached my apartment. Why do I have this suddenly sinking feeling that things were about to get interesting around here? “Leia, I think it’s time I told you about Thrawn.”
    ------------
    TBC
    Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, DaenaBenjen42, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2, Gemma

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooooh, very interesting indeed! And Thrawn :D :D :D !! ;) Never good when you have a clone of yourself committing crimes/assaults [face_worried] - Got to find a foolproof way to tell them apart. :p

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks Nyota [:D] I can't believe it took me four months to get this point in time.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    What's Thrawn up to? A clone of Anakin?

12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Padmé´s Force ghost showing up to defend Anakin´s honour, marriage bells and now the prospect that there will be talk about Thrawn. Yeah! You never fail to surprise me with your stories, dear Falcon! [face_love]

Falcon and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked up to the holo field communicator as Leia brought in the groceries. This concerned me. Is there really a clone of myself running around? Leia was sure it wasn’t a dream and she nearly took my head off thinking I had attacked her this morning. That was not a good sign. I punched in the schools number hoping to warn Kay to be on the look out for my clone. If he had taken on the name of Vader, he most likely was dabbling in the dark side.

“Mr. Skywalker, is there something I can help you with?” The secretary asked.

“I need to talk to Kay, it’s urgent that I speak with her now,” I answered as the woman nodded and placed me back on hold. A few minutes later Kay appeared in the holo as she smiled then frowned.

”Anakin, is there something wrong?” Kay questioned as I nodded.

“Kay. Leia told me after you went to school I attacked her. I was with Greg the entire time. If Greg wasn’t with me, I suspect Leia wouldn’t have believed me. I have a strong feeling there is a clone of me in the city dabbling in the dark side,” I explained as Kay raised an eyebrow.

“How am I supposed to know it’s you?” Kay questioned with a serious expression. “A code word or…”

“I had thought about that. Ask me what is the pittons name?” I answered with a frown as she nodded with a small smile. “It’s not widely known you have a pet.”

Kay smiled and nodded with a grin. Only close family members knew that there was a pitton living with us. “Okay. I love you, Anakin.”

“I love you too sweetheart. Have a good day at school and I’ll be there to pick you up at three okay? I don’t feel comfortable with the clone running around loose. You will most likely be a target,” I explained with a frown as Kay nodded in agreement.

“I’ll see you at three,” Kay agreed as she broke the contact.

I called Brice’s school and set up a code name with both Brice and Dev. It had to be something fail safe that no one knew too much about. I walked back to the couch and sat down beside Leia who had just finished putting everything away.

“What’s this about Thrawn?” Leia questioned with a frown as I sighed in frustration.

“He was a Grand Admiral promoted in secret. He was sent out to the unknown regions to fight an unknown alien race,” I explained with a frown. “I keep getting this feeling the grand admiral that has taken over the fleet is Thrawn. He’s a tactical genius. It’s possible he grew a clone of me to confuse things.”

“We should let Mon and the other’s know before they find out the hard way,” Leia suggested with a weary. “I’m sorry I attacked you this morning. I almost made a fatal mistake.”

“Shhhh,” I whispered gently reassuringly. “Next time, just ask.”

“Okay,” Leia agreed as she leaned into me as I hugged her to me as she started crying. It must be sinking in that she almost killed me this morning. I held her to me as her shoulders shook for the next couple of minutes. It worried me that the clone would do something that would cause them to arrest me instead. I had to track the clone down before he did any real damage.
    ----------------
    I waited in the speeder outside of Kay’s school. Dev and Brice were capable of holding their own if need be but they didn’t get out of school for another hour. I decided to come twenty-minutes early and wait. Mon had asked to talk with me about Thrawn tomorrow morning after I dropped Kay and the boys off at school. I was nervous because I failed to mention about Thrawn when I gave Ackbar the information three years ago.

Five minutes had gone by as a guard walked up to my speeder. “Is there a reason you’re waiting?” The guard asked with a frown.

“My daughter goes to this school and I told her I would pick her up today,” I answered honestly.

“What’s her name?” The guard questioned with a frown as I raised an eyebrow. Has this guy been hiding under a rock? Most recognized who I was these days.

“Kay Shran, I’m General Anakin Skywalker,” I answered honestly as the guard nodded.

“I’m sorry, sir. I had to be sure. I just never know if it’s someone waiting to kidnap a child,” the guard explained with a worry smile.

“Thank you, I can understand. I’m happy to hear they have guards checking out suspicious looking speeders,” I said with a weary smile as the guard nodded.

”Why don’t you come in with me and wait for her at the door?” The guard invited with a smile as I stood up and climbed out of the speeder.

That wasn’t a bad idea. The other could be lurking around the corner for all I knew. “Thank you.”

I walked through the door as the principal gave a warm smile. “Mr. Skywalker, you’re here to pick up Kay, I suspect?”

“Yes I am,” I answered honestly as she gestured to a bench.

“You can wait here. The class should be ending in a few minutes,” she turned her attention to the guard. “Thank you Ferns. You may resume your duties.”

The guard nodded as he walked out the door as the door to Kay’s class opened and the students rushed out. Kay stepped out and spotted me as she approached with caution. “What’s my pitton’s name?”

“Skeeter,” I answered easily as she grinned but smirked.

“What are his color and markings?” She questioned as I answered everything I knew about the animal. She rushed into my arms as I hugged her to me.

“How was your day?” Hopefully better then mine. Leia nearly took my head off this morning. I didn’t want Kay to know that.

“I got an A on my volcano,” Kay answered with a wide grin. “You were right, it was a fun project to do. Blowing the volcano up was so much fun.”

”How did you do on your math test?” I questioned as Kay handed me her sheet. I looked up at the top and noted it was an A minus, but it was still an A. “I’m proud of you, sweetheart.”

“Thanks, I mean it’s a low A but,…” Kay said sounding a little disappointed.

“It’s still an A even if its just 80 percent. You’re doing well in school, Kay. I’m proud of you,” I gave an encouraging smile as Kay nodded as I wrapped an arm around her shoulders. “Come on, we have to go pick up Dev and Brice next.”

“Okay, can we stop for ice cream?” Kay questioned with a frown. “Just you and me and not the vacuum cleaner called Brice.”

“Kay, that’s not nice,” I chastised her lightly. Brice seemed to inherit his father’s appetite at that age. Invading the fridge just before a growth spurt. “He’s still growing.”

“I know, but still,” Kay answered with a frown. “I was hoping for a little alone time with you.”

“All right, I get it,” I answered with a frown. With Dev and Brice hanging around I haven’t had as much time do spend with Kay. A little Kay time and me wasn’t a bad idea. “Come on, Dev and Brice get out in an hour.”

Kay climbed into the speeder and strapped in as I took the engines off stand by and lifted the speeder off the ground. I headed towards the nearest ice cream shop. It would give me a chance to talk with Kay to make sure everything was going okay for her and there was no surprises hiding in the closet.
    ------------------
    I sat down at the table with a medium ice cream cone for myself as Kay sat down with a big sundae split causing me to smile to myself. I should’ve seen that one coming. She loves that one. “How is school coming?”

“Really good,” Kay answered as she dug into her sundae and started to eat the fruit that came with it. “I have the second highest grade in my class.”

“Really?” I questioned with a smile as she nodded. “Sounds like you’re doing really well,” and it would explain why she was disappointed about getting the one A. Second highest score in the class was something to be proud of. “Try not to turn your grades into a competition, you are there to learn.”

“I know,” Kay agreed around a mouthful of ice cream as I started working on my own cone.

“Anything else going on? Since Brice has come to live with us for the past couple of weeks, I know we haven’t had much time with each other,” I pointed out as Kay smirked causing me to frown. “All right, what did I miss?”

“Nothing much, I got my first…” Kay started causing me to choke on my cone. “And Leia helped me out.”

“Remind me to thank Leia later,” I said with a frown. I did miss something this week. How could I have missed that completely? She wasn’t ten anymore and was going to turn thirteen in a few months. That also meant I had to give her the birds and the bees talk. I wasn’t ready for this. “I’m sorry Kay, I didn’t realize.”

“It’s okay. I mean I went to Leia because I was too embarrassed to come to you. She explained it to me it was a normal part of growing up and told me you were expecting it,” Kay answered with a frown. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s all right. I’m happy to hear you felt comfortable going to Leia,” I answered reassuringly. Kay needed a female role model in her life at this point, and looks like Leia was it. Which isn’t a bad thing. It was a very good thing. Leia is considered a strong female role model. Not to mention it allowed Kay and Leia to bond some more. “To be honest I was expecting it, but Leia promised to help me out in this department because guys are different.”

Kay smiled with a mischief smile. “Leia told me about the birds and the bees,” she watched me closely as I breathed sigh of relief. “You were not really looking forward to that talk, were you?”

“No I wasn’t and was worried I would screw up,” I answered honestly as Kay smirked. “Now I really need to do something nice for Leia,” what that something was I had no clue. Maybe I could buy her a new necklace? She always liked wearing jewelry at state dinners. “Anything else going on?”

“Can I have a friend over?” Kay questioned with a frown.

“Yes, as long as it’s okay with their parents. When did you want to invite them over?” I questioned with a frown.

“I was thinking maybe this weekend for a sleep over?” Kay questioned with a small smile.

“Sure,” I answered as another girl sat down at the table with us. I’m guessing this must be said friend. “Hi?”

“Anakin this is Cheral. Cheral this is my adoptive father, Anakin,” Kay introduced with a smile as I looked around for her parent. Her mom was watching me like a hawk. I gave a weary smile in her mom’s direction as I turned my attention back to Cheral

“It’s nice to meet you, Cheral, Is that your mom over there?” I questioned with a frown as Cheral nodded. “I’m okay with sleep over as long she’s okay with the sleep over. I’m going to go over there and talk with her.”

I stood up and headed towards the table where her mom was watching me like a hawk. I get it, mom was being protective just as I was protective of my kids. I sat down at the table. “I’m guessing you’re Cheral’s mom?”

“You’re Kay’s father?” Her mom questioned with a frown as I nodded.

“Adoptive father actually,” I answered with a frown. “It’s a long story on how I met Kay. I’m Anakin Skywalker.”

“I’m Shila Keridan,” Shila answered with a small smile. “It’s nice to meet you. About this sleep over, I’m a little unsure about it because I don’t know you well enough.”

“How about you come over tonight for dinner and to get know me a little better and it’ll allow me to get to know you better, and maybe it will help ease your fears a bit?” I suggested with an inviting smile.

“Sounds good,” Shila answered with a relieved smile as she looked over to where Kay and Cheral were having an animated conversation.

I turned my attention back to Shila with a smile. “I’m happy to see Kay make a friend her own age. It’s a relief actually. She’s surrounded by others who are older then her when she’s not at school.”

“You’re a single parent aren’t you?” Shila questioned with a smile as I gave an affirming nod. “You’re right, I am happy she made a friend her own age. It’ll give her someone to talk too.”

I nodded in agreement as I felt some of my invisible apron detach from me. Kay was starting to grow up. I quickly gave Shila my address information as she gave me a smile. I wrote down a time that I should have the dinner ready by. Kay and Cheral ran over and joined us at the table. When I told Kay she was coming over tonight, she exploded with happy feelings in the Force causing me to smile. It was worth it to see her happy.
    -----------------------
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, earlybird-obi-wan, DaenaBenjen42, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2,

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great idea about code words and little known factoids. And great about the sleep over and Kay's progress in school :) Sweet she has a big sis in Leia. :D Happy about Shila... perhaps Anakin has found a new friend too LOL

15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Brice finished putting the salad together as Dev brought out the meat and poured more grease on the bird to keep it moist. I walked to the door and opened it as Shila and Cheral entered. “Welcome to our home. Make yourself at home.”

I was about to close the door as Leia stepped in causing me to frown. “Dad, can we talk?”

“Sure,” I turned towards the living area as Shila stood up and bowed to Leia causing me to bit on my lower lip. “This is Shila, Kay made a friend at school and I invited her and her mother over. Kay, Cheral is here.”

Kay ran out of the room and took Cheral by the hand. “Hey Leia, what are you doing here?”

“I need to talk to dad for a minute,” Leia answered as she looked at Cheral. “Nice to meet you, Cheral.”

“Kay, you didn’t tell me you knew Leia Organa,” Cheral said as she curtsied.

“You don’t need to bow or curtsy, and Leia is fine,” Leia answered with a smile. “Kay, why don’t you show your friend your room? I need to talk to dad.”

“What aren’t you telling me?” Kay questioned with a curious expression. I took a deep breath as Leia looked away with her face beat red. “Did you try to hurt, Anakin?”

“Kay, please,” I enforced Leia’s decision. “I’ll tell you what happened later, okay?” Kay gave a disbelief expression as the girls disappeared into the room. “I didn’t tell Kay what happened this morning. I didn’t want her to know or worry.”

“I had a feeling,” Leia closed her eyes and shook. “It never crossed my mind that they would clone you and use your other personality to…”

“Commit crimes and assaults?” I finished for her. “I called Kay this morning and gave her a code so she wouldn’t get hurt from this. The last thing she needs is my clone hurting her,” Leia nodded in agreement. “What did Mon say?”

“You got some explaining to do and she wants a full report in the morning,” Leia answered with a raised brow. “What I don’t get is why you didn’t mention about Thrawn earlier and you can’t use the excuse of getting hit in the head.”

“The truth is Thrawn was deployed to the unknown regions eight years ago to fight an unknown species. He hasn’t been heard from in five years, he got listed as MIA. I didn’t think too much on it until a rumor started spreading about a grand admiral taking over the Imperial fleet recently. We’ll have to move with caution. He’s a technical genius and is really good at his job.”

“All right,” Leia started shaking as I wrapped my arms around her. “It’s sinking in now what you could’ve done to me this morning isn’t it?” I questioned gently as she nodded her head as I rubbed her back soothingly. She had no clue that a clone of me could be running around the city.

“I’m so sorry, dad. Please forgive,” Leia whispered as I closed my eyes. Like me her actions were hurting her. “I really thought it was you and… The red lightsaber should’ve given it away for me.”

“Shhh, I forgive you, Leia,” I whispered gently. “It’s okay. I love so much. You know I can’t hurt you like that again. This lightsaber, what did it look like?”

“The one you carried around as Vader,” Leia answered as she took a step back as I dried her tears. “I really thought. I didn’t realize you lost it aboard the Death Star.”

“Luke slicing off my hand saw to that,” I explained with a frown. “It was gripping the lightsaber at the time. Everything happened so quickly, next thing I know Palpatine is killing Luke in front of me. I picked up Palpatine and threw him down the turbolift shaft. We had to leave. There was no time to retrieve the lightsaber. We barely got off the Death Star before it blew up. I thought I was going to die on that thing. That’s until I woke up to Luke telling me it was okay to breathe without an oxygen mask. I thought he hit his head first that’s until I realized what he did for me.”

“Luke has always wanted to get to know you,” Leia pointed out with a slight smile. “I’m not surprised he transferred your memories in the clone body. There is something else I need to tell you. Promise me you won’t hurt Han?”

“Okay,” I slowly responded as Leia pushed a chair in front of the holo unit and plugged in a holo cube.

“Close your eyes,” Leia said as she patted the chair, I sat down. I closed my eyes as I felt her adjust something around my neck. I heard a small click as the smell of baby food reached my nose causing me to pause. “Open up your mouth, and here comes the X-wing, grandfather.”

My jaw dropped open as a spoon with baby food was shoved into my mouth. Next time I should just open my eyes, I thought as I opened them and stopped her from shoving another spoonful in as I looked at the holo unit. An ultra sound was playing as two small peanut size spots were pointed out. “I’m going to be a grandfather?”

“Yes,” Leia answered as I stood up and hugged her. “I haven’t told Han yet. You’re the first person I’ve told so far. I have something special planned.”

“I’m so happy,” I said against her ear as she returned the hug. “Congratulations sweetheart. Don’t stress yourself out over what happened this morning or you’ll have a miscarriage, okay?”

“Okay,” Leia agreed as I continued to hold her. “Dad, can you let go?”

“Sorry,” I quickly apologized as I felt overwhelmed at the thought of being a grandfather. “I’m excited.”

“I know,” Leia answered as she kissed me on the cheek. “I should go. I’ll see you in the morning after you drop Kay and the boys off at school, okay?”

“I’ll see you in the morning, sweetheart,” I agreed as Leia walked out of the apartment as I watched her go. I realized the holo cube was still in the unit playing. I continued to watch it. I planned to give it back to her in the morning until I saw the words hi grandpa was written above the twins holos. I smiled as the words disappeared and was replaced with, this is your copy dad, Love Leia. She left it here on purpose.

I turned it off and unplugged the holo from the unit and held it in my hands. “I’m going to be a grandfather. I just can’t believe it,” even though Han told me they planned to wait a year, it looks like they couldn’t wait to practice. All it takes is a one night stand.

“Congratulations Anakin,” I heard Shila say from behind me as I moved the chair out of the way. “It is true about the rumors about you? You used to be Vader?”

I sat down in the chair to face her and nodded. “It’s true, I made many mistakes. I listened to the wrong person. I missed my twin children growing up. Luke saved me from myself and I turned back to the lightside. It took awhile for Leia and me to heal from everything. According to the others she really let Luke have it when he failed to tell her that I was planetside with them. She heard it from the senator whose wife decided to hold a dinner for both sides to talk and to sign a peace treaty between the Imperials and Rebels. So they could work with each other to drive back the Ssi-Ruuk. If the Ssi-Ruuk won the war, it would’ve been a blood bath in comparison to the war that was going on twenty years prior. Leia wouldn’t look at me most the of night, to make things worse the host placed us deliberately beside each other so we could talk about what needed to be done.”

“I’m curious, how did you meet Kay?” Shila questioned with curiosity.

“I walked back to the cottage from the Captison’s home and came across a small black and white pitton. He followed me home. What little did I know the owner was a small ten-year-old girl in desperate need of help. The next morning, Leia came to the cottage and invited me to breakfast to sign the peace treaty papers. I asked my personal medic to come along with me. When we got back, the pitton came out and greeted me then ran back to the bedroom and that’s when I sensed another presence in the cottage. I walked to the bedroom and saw a ten-year-old girl lying on the bed. Her arm looked broken and there were bruises on her face. I asked Greg to give her a physical to assess her injuries. We moved the pitton and I asked Kay the name of her pitton and she told me it was Sky Guy at first.”

I paused for a second and shook my head. “I moved the pitton and walked into the living room where Fress and Ahsoka were waiting for me. Their apartment was under Imperial surveillance, they felt Kay was safer with me so the governor wouldn’t find out that I had the girl. Ahsoka told Kay about the nickname she given me during the Clone Wars. Then Ahsoka informed me his real name was Skeeter,” I continued to tell the story as Skeeter jumped in my lap. “Hello to you too, Skeeter, “he curled up on my lap and started purring away as I petted him. “Ahsoka and Fress found Kay in a back alley unconscious and severally injured. She witnessed her parents being killed by the Imperial Governor. He was so desperate to find her. He killed all of her family members making it difficult for her to go to anyone for help. I fell in love with her and became attached and decided to adopt her into my family. Everyone was for it including Luke and Leia who thought it was a great idea. They were thrilled to have another sister in the family and it’s giving me a chance to do things right. I’ll tell you one thing, knowing my past. They had Kay under tight surveillance during the adoption process. If I did hurt Kay intentionally, I would lose instant custody of her. It was a part of the agreement. How about yourself?”

“That’s quite a story. Cheral’s husband and I were always fighting on and off and they got ugly,” Shila answered with a sad shake of her head. “We decided we both had enough of each other and decided to divorce. It’s been hard on Cheral because she loved her father very much and he adored her. Normally he gets her on the weekends and I get her during the week. How would you feel if he came and picked her up on Saturday? He mentioned he had plans to take her somewhere on Saturday.”

“There is nothing saying she has to stay here the whole weekend, just the night and he can come and get her in the morning after breakfast?” I questioned as Shila nodded in agreement. “As long as he’s okay with it and doesn’t dive off the deep end.”

“I hear something in your tone, did something happen?” Shila questioned with a frown.

“I dated a girl a little while back,” I answered with a frown. “Her ex beat her up until she broke it off with me. Then he showed up where I kept my X-wing docked. He pulled a blaster on me,” I watched Shila carefully as her mouth dropped open. “He threatened to kill me. I pulled the blaster from him and dropped to one knee as he aimed a second blaster at me. In that time I switched it from kill to stun and stunned him. I placed handcuffs on him then have a Commander who was in the hangar bay at the time book him for assault charges with a weapon.”

“You’re in the military?” Shila questioned as I nodded.

”A general, they have tried to talk me into taking an Admiral position. I honestly don’t want the extra responsibility,” I answered honestly. “I like being a General. The worst part about this, he cornered Kay at school and beat her up and sexually assaulted her. The holo security footage caught him in the act. We sent him to jail and one of the other inmates discovered what he did to Kay. Is familiar with my reputation and they got nervous and they killed him during lunch. They tried to make it look like suicide.”

“No wonder you’re a little edgy about…” Shila shook her head with a saddened expression. “Don’t worry, we may have fought but it never came down to fists. We decided we’re not meant to live with each other. And that’s what brought the decision about. He does pay support and I give him support over the weekend.”

“Sounds like you two have a good system working,” I said with a small smile as Dev brought out appetizers. “Thanks Dev. How is the meal coming along?” I questioned with a smile. Both boys wanted to do this on their own and I was all up for it.

“It’s coming, Anakin,” Dev answered with a grin. “Thanks for allowing us to do this. I just hope we don’t accidentally introduce food poisoning.”

“If you follow everything I told you, it should be fine,” I answered with a smile as Dev grabbed a few crackers and munched on them then walked back into the kitchen. “Sorry in advance. The boys wanted to cook the meal and I’m not about to stop them. It’s good for them to learn.”

“It’s all right,” Shila said as she grabbed some of the crackers off the plate. “I would allow Cheral to do the same thing.”

I smiled and nodded in agreement. Kay had cooked more then a few times and she was getting better at it. I leaned over and grabbed some crackers and cheese. It helped take the edge off. “What do you do professionally?”

“I’m a doctor for skin care,” Shila answered with a smile.

”A dermatologist, quite impressive,” I said with a smile as she smiled back. In all honesty, she was cute. As we chatted more about how we grew up. I told her I was a slave the first few years of my life before winning a pod race that changed my life forever. Shila was a little shocked hearing that part of my life. We continued talking until the boys told us it was time to eat. The meal was fantabulous, I see Fress and Jess have been giving the boys cooking lessons and they were eager to try one out on me. I smiled in appreciation and patted my full stomach. I informed both that they did a wonderful job.
    -------------
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover, DaenaBenjen42, AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, this lady sounds like someone Anakin could socialize with without an :oops: occurring. :D Helps that their kids are friends too. :)

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A nice background for Shila.
    And what about Thrawn?

18. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “How was your day?” Hopefully better then mine. Leia nearly took my head off this morning. I didn’t want Kay to know that.

“I got an A on my volcano,” Kay answered with a wide grin. “You were right, it was a fun project to do. Blowing the volcano up was so much fun.”

Anakin is an expert of volcanoes and blowing things up. You can clearly see his tutoring here.

I am a bit worried about Thrawn and his dark plans here.

And Shila is a name we all should remember for the next updates, because a wonderful person carries it.

Falcon likes this.
  19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked into the room where Leia and the others were waiting for me. Leia stood up as I walked over and hugged her. She broke away as she gestured to a seat at the front of the table causing me to feel like I was being interrogated. I sat down in the chair as Mon Mothma turned her attention to me.

“General, you know why this meeting was called. It appears you failed to tell us something,” Mon pointed out as I gave a slight nod. “I’m wondering why you didn’t mention this till now?”

“Up until now he was believed to be dead. He went to fight an unknown species in the unknown regions eight years ago. He went missing five years ago with no contact. It was presumed he was dead,” I answered with a frown. “I didn’t mention it because it didn’t cross my mind to say something until now. For all I know, I could be wrong on who is taking command of the Imperial Navy at this point in time. There are rumors it is a Grand Admiral, and there are not too many I can think of who it could be. Since he’s outwitted some of our forces as of late, only Admiral Thrawn crosses my mind.”

“And why is that, General?” Ackbar questioned as he turned both eyes to me.

“Thrawn is not human. He’s a Chiss. He earned the right to be a Grand Admiral by impressing the Emperor. He was promoted in secret, only a select few knew about the promotion. He’s the only alien I know that was promoted high within the Imperial ranks,” I answered with a frown. “He’s a technical genius. Very calm, cool, and collected. He’s out maneuvered several Alliance maneuvers in the past.”

“What you’re saying is we’re up against someone who already knows what move we’re going to make before we make it?” Madine questioned looking shocked. “That’s reassuring,” he muttered under his breath.

“We need new maneuvers if we want to out maneuver him,” I answered with a serious expression. Or I could enlist the Noghri’s help, but that would mean about coming clean about using them and keeping their planet in the condition it was in deliberately. “I shouldn’t have kept this from you, but at the time it seemed mote.”

“Thank you for being honest, General,” Mon said with a frown as Ackbar sat back in his chair. “I heard yesterday in the shopping center that Leia attacked you. What’s going on?’

I glanced at Leia as she twisted her hands nervously in her lap as I bit down on my lip. “We may have a problem.”

“What kind of problem?” Mon questioned with a frown as Bail entered the room and sat down at the table as he watched me carefully. Did Leia tell Bail about what happened to her before she acted on me?

“Leia nearly took my head off yesterday thinking I attacked her after Kay left for school. At first I thought she had a vision or a dream but that’s until she mentioned about the lightsaber I carried as Vader, and Greg was with me the entire time,” I explained with a frown as Bail raised an eyebrow. “I lost the lightsaber aboard Death Star two before it was blown up. I wasn’t given a chance to retrieve it. To be honest there wasn’t time to retrieve it. Luke can vouch for that one.”

“Why do you say that?” Mon questioned as her curiosity peaked.

“Luke cut off my hand that was holding the lightsaber. It went over the railing of the tubolift shaft, it was most likely somewhere at the bottom of the Death Star by the time it blew up” I answered honestly. “I can see Thrawn growing a clone of myself to commit crimes and assaults to cause suspicion against me.”

“That could be a problem,” Mon said with a frown as Ackbar nodded in agreement. “How are we supposed to know it’s you and not you?”

“Anakin and Vader have different personality traits,” Ahsoka commented as she walked into the room looking frazzled with one of her white lightsabers ignited as she looked at me. She deactivated her blade with a frown. “I think you’ll know,” she said as she plopped down into the chair. “I just got attacked by you outside ten minutes ago.”

“He’s been in here with us for the last twenty minutes,” Mon answered as she looked at Ahsoka who shook her head. “Well?”

“He claims to be Vader while he claims to be Anakin. I think we’ll just know which one we’re up against,” Ahsoka pointed out with a frown. “I thought you dived off the deep end again, Anakin.”

“Leia thought the same thing yesterday,” I explained with a frown as Leia shook her head gripping the table. “Take at easy, Leia. I’m not holding it against you. I nearly killed you more than a few times already. I can understand.”

“What did she do?” Ahsoka questioned as Leia moaned quite loudly.

“She attacked me at the shopping center and nearly took my head off with her lightsaber,” I answered as Leia looked down at the table not being able to meet anyone in the eye.

“She does have your temper,” Ahsoka teased causing Leia to glance at her with disbelief. “Leia, the stories I could tell you about your father and his temper. Half of the stunts he pulled off during the clone wars would blow anyone’s mind.”

“As punishment she had to unload all the groceries from the speeder and put them away,” now I’m thinking about it she took a little longer then usual. Certain amount of weight was okay but not extreme amounts if I remember from what Padme told me.

“Sounds like it’s not enough,” Bail spoke causing Leia to lower her head further in shame. “Leia, what were you thinking? Especially after how far Anakin has come after turning himself around? You would’ve been charged for murder or even attempted murder. Didn’t you think it might be a clone that doesn’t realize what he is doing?”

“More like assault with a weapon,” I pointed out causing Bail to nod in agreement.

“I got one thing to say about this clone, it tipped me off it’s not our Anakin. He may look like Anakin but lacks control of the Force and his lightsaber skills,” Ahsoka pointed out with a frown. “This one isn’t trained.”

“Thanks for your report, Commander Tano,” Mon Mothma said with a frown. “It shouldn’t take long for a trained group of Jedi to hunt this clone down before he causes more damage.”

“You knew it wasn’t me the entire time?” I questioned as Ahsoka nodded.

“Even Kay should be able to hold her own against him,” Ahsoka pointed out with a frown. “I know that must’ve been worrying you, Anakin.”

“It was, thanks,” I agreed with a frown.. “Kay and I came up with a code name to make sure its me and not the other.”

”That’s a good idea,” Bail said as he rubbed his hands together. “I have a few I would like to call you…”

“Father, no,” Leia spoke up causing Bail to pause. “Don’t even think it.”

“What’s wrong with little green monster?” Bail questioned and it was now my turn to look at the floor in shame. “Anakin knows what I’m referencing too. See his head is lowered in shame.”

“Do I even want to know?” Mon Mothma questioned, as I shook my head no.

“Probably not,” Bail answered with a frown. “The short version, Padme, her ex, and Anakin’s jealousy happened.”

“Clovis?” Mon Mothma questioned as I raised my head and looked at her. “What really happened? I read the report of an unknown attacker…. Oh it was Anakin.”

“Fine, Clovis came suspicious that Padme and I were married. He said we didn’t fight like friends, we fought like a married couple and he took notice of this. To prove his theory he sexually forced himself onto Padme deliberately in front of me. I beat the crap out of him. If Padme hadn’t stopped me, I would’ve killed him.”

“Little green monster seems appropriate for the code name,” Mon agreed with Bail causing me to sigh in frustration. He had a point but I didn’t have to like it. “If he doesn’t react or know what we’re talking about. Then we’ll know it’s not Anakin. How do you respond to the little green monster comment, Anakin?”

“He started it,” I answered with a smug grin as I heard a frustrated sigh being released. “You wanted to know. Padme got poisoned in the first mission with Clovis and then that happened three years later. Padme refused to talk to me for more then a few days after that.”

“Sounds like she was angry with you,” Bail pointed out with a small smile causing me to shake my head.

“If you don’t need us further,” I glanced at Ahsoka with a frown as she nodded. “We have a dangerous clone to hunt down. We’ll make that a top priority.”

“General, don’t kill him yet, we need answers from him,” Mon pointed out with a frown. “Who is he reporting to and where did he come from?”

“Very well Mi Lady, as you wish,” I answered with a small smile as Leia shook her head sadly. “Ahsoka, we have something to take care of.”

“Right behind you, Sky Guy,” Ahsoka answered as we headed out the door. “What’s the plan for hunting him down?”

“We’re looking for me, so I have no clue. Not unless you got a holo capture of him?” I questioned hopefully as she pulled out a holo cube and grinned.

“Asking around won’t be hard, he looks a little different from you,” Ahsoka answered she turned it on and showed me. “I snatched it right before he attacked me.”

I looked at it with a frown noting he looked like I was when I was eighteen. “How did Leia miss this? He looks like he’s barely eighteen.”

“I don’t know, but she did,” Ahsoka answered as she turned it off. “And you’ve aged a little since Bakura.”

“Let’s start showing this to people and ask around if they seen him. We need to find that clone and fast before he does some real damage,” I said as Ahsoka nodded in agreement as she led me to the last spot she had seen him. He was no longer there and long gone. Maybe we can pick up the trail through the Force and hopefully follow it right to him. For me it was difficult, it was like looking in a glass mirror. The dark side feelings I felt told on who was who. Ahsoka pointed south as we headed in that direction. If he was on foot, there was a chance we could catch up to him. Ahsoka’s speeder was right around the corner.
    -----------------------
    AzureAngel2, DaenaBenjen42, Jedi_Lover, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, earlybird-obi-wan

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed the briefing and glad for the clues/tipoffs Ahosoka found. Should make it easier. :D

21. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    A clone....a possible pregnancy....Anakin needs to keep better track of his DNA. :p

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    clone trouble. Glad Ahsoka is there

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Two hours had passed and no sign of the renegade clone. I had Kay to pick up from school soon. Rex and Ahsoka wanted to take the boys for the weekend and that was fine by me. Brice and Dev readily agreed to the idea. Rex planned to pick them up after school tomorrow. I sat down on a bench as Ahsoka sat down beside me looking a little disappointed. The sooner we wrapped this up the better. It was beginning to promise not to be easy. “I’m open to suggestions.”

“We could run the clones holo over the boards and see if anyone reports him,” Ahsoka suggested with a frown. “He’s got to be hiding around here somewhere.”

“We could always set a trap,” I suggested as Ahsoka nodded in agreement. “But that also means asking someone to act as bait.”

“Considering he’s going after those you care about, Kay could be high on the list,” Ahsoka suggested with a serious expression.

I gave a frustrated sigh as I realized what Ahsoka was suggesting. I didn’t think I could put Kay in that position. On the other hand, she was right. All I needed was a blaster to stun him before he had a chance to do any harm. “What if he shows up at the school?”

“We should find a blaster to stun him with,” Ahoska suggested with a frown. “If we hid ourselves in plain sight, he may go after her thinking we’re not there.”

“I don’t like this idea and even less at putting Kay deliberately in danger,” I pointed out with a frown.

“Do you have a better idea for drawing him out?” Ahsoka questioned with a frown as I shook my head. “Well, it’s worth a shot. You’ll be there to protect her from him anyways and I’ll be there too. He isn’t difficult to take on.”

“Ask Han to wait with the blaster to stun him,” I suggested with a frown as I realized who had a blaster ready at hand. Han was a sharp shooter.

“It’s worth a try,” Ahsoka agreed as I got out my comlink and punched in Han’s codes.
    ----------------
    I stared at the door of the school as I glanced around catching sight of Han and Ahsoka taking up positions close to the school door. So far I didn’t sense the clone in the area. Maybe this wasn’t going to work and they would have to wait until the clone decided to strike again. “Han, make sure that blaster is on stun and try not to hit Kay with it.”

“Relax Anakin, I got this,” Han answered reassuringly. “It’s on stun, I double checked.”

“Sorry just edgy about this plan,” I apologized. “Ahsoka, are you in position?”

“I am Anakin,” Ahsoka answered.

“Kay, come on out, we have you covered,” I gave Kay permission to walk out of the school.

“I have Kay in my sights,” Han reported in as I spotted her coming out of the door and started walking towards the speeder I parked close by for her to climb into.

“So far it seems quite, either he has no interest in Kay or hasn’t figured out where the school is yet,” Ahsoka reported as I nodded in agreement. So far this seemed to have failed to draw the clone out. I just didn’t get it.

“I agree, we’ll have to keep our eyes open on where the clone might strike next,” I said over the com as I heard Han agree with me. “So far he seems to be choosing targets.”

“I don’t sense him around,” Ahsoka pointed out as she moved out from under cover.

“Let’s pack it in, this has turned into a dud,” I said as Han walked towards the speeder. He planned to come with me to pick up the boys in case the clone showed up there instead. Ahsoka climbed into her speeder and planned to follow us. I climbed into the drivers side as Han climbed in beside Kay.

“How’s school, Kay?” Han questioned as she strapped in.

“I have the second highest score in the class,” Kay answered with a grin.

“I always knew you were smarter than Anakin,” Han smirked as I glared at him. “I’m just kidding.”

“Han, you know I can still hurt you right?” I questioned as Han gave a light shrug as I took the engines off standby and lifted the speeder into the air and headed towards the boys school.
    ------------------------
    As we approached the boys school, I noticed a red lightsaber flashing against a aqua silver one, that was Brice’s lightsaber color. Han took out his blaster as I brought the speeder around as he took aim at the clone. “Brice, push him away with the Force,” I instructed as I felt Brice push him ten feet away as Han aimed at the clone and fired. I placed a hand against my head as I felt a strange buzzing sensation. Was it possible the Clone and I used the same level of frequency? I glanced at the clone who was lying still on the ground as I lowered the speeder down.

Ahsoka landed beside me as Dev and Brice climbed into her speeder. “Take the boys and Kay home,” I instructed as I climbed out of the speeder and walked over. I pulled out a pair of stun cuffs and clipped them around the clone’s wrists. “Han, you and I are taking the clone to the detention center where he’s going to be questioned.”

“Sure thing, Anakin,” Han agreed as he helped me get the clone into the speeder. “He looks barely eighteen, how did Leia miss this?”

“I don’t know,” I answered with a frown. Once she sees the difference she’s really going to feel guilty about it. “Let’s get this over with. Kay, I’ll be home later, okay?”

“All right,” Kay agreed with a smile as Ahsoka left the scene as I headed towards the center. I punched in a message to Mon Mothma that we had the clone in custody and asked her to meet us at the detention center. Mon agreed as I had a feeling this has only just begun.
    -----------------------
    I walked into the detention level center as Mon Mothma and Leia met with me causing me to frown. I looked at Leia and walked to her side and wrapped an arm around her. I was attempting to obscure her view of the clone as I glanced at Mon Mothma who had a confused expression on her face. I shook my head warningly.

“I see,” Mon said as she glanced at Han who stepped in beside Leia and led her away. “How did she miss that?”

“I don’t know, Leia’s pregnant and the last thing I need is her to be stressed out over this,” I explained with a frown as Mon raised an eyebrow. Maybe Leia hasn’t told everyone yet and I hoped she told Han by now.

“Congrats grandpa,” Mon teased causing me to smile slightly. “How did you want to go about this?”

“Ahsoka is the one for interviewing him,” I answered with a frustrated sigh. “It’s difficult for me to concentrate. It’s almost like a buzzing sound in my mind when he uses the Force. It’s distracting.”

“Wouldn’t that make you more adapt to know if he’s attempting to hide something?” Mon questioned with a curious expression.

“Or I could completely miss it,” I answered with a frustrated sigh. This is the last thing that needed to happen. “With a Force sensitive it seems to be a bit different. I know clones tend to develop different personalities if given time to do so. Or in this case be warped into thinking you’re doing right instead of wrong. He calls himself Vaader, the double a allows him to distinguish himself from my other personality,” I paused for a second as Mon stared me down challengingly causing me to release a frustrated sigh. She wanted me to interview the clone. “Fine, I’ll do it.”

I turned my attention to the guard. “Lieutenant, please hand me the lightsaber.”

The lieutenant handed over the lightsaber as I took a hold of it as images appeared before my eyes. I was fighting Luke on the second Death Star just before he cut off my hand causing me to lose my lightsaber. The scene changed again as Palpatine handed the clone the lightsaber causing me to drop the handle in shock, how was that possible? I thought it was Thrawn we’re dealing with not Palpatine?

“Anakin, what is it?” Mon asked clearly concerned as I shook my head of the images as I called the lightsaber to my hand.

How is that even possible? Palpatine died aboard the death star and yet what I saw confused me. “It’s nothing, just an old memory,” I lied to her. I didn’t like lying to her as she raised an eyebrow but seemed to let it go for now. I walked to the door and opened it as the door swished open as I stepped into the room as the clone glared at me. “Where did you get this lightsaber?” I questioned with a serious expression. “Who sent you?”

“What’s it to you?” Vaader answered angrily causing me to shake my head sadly. I used to think like that.

“My DNA was used to create you,” I answered in a calm tone as the clone looked surprised. Palpatine never told him who the template was. “Did Palpatine send you?” Again a surprised expression came over his face as I raised an eyebrow. No wonder Fress could easily read me. “I take the surprised expression as a yes? Where did he get the lightsaber from?”

“I don’t know,” the clone answered honestly. “He just gave it to me and said to use it in good faith.”

“Good faith does not mean to attack my daughter,” I snapped angrily. “Or my friend or the boy I view as a grandson. Did you kill anyone that we’re not aware of? Is Thrawn in charge of the Imperial Navy?”

I waited for an answer as the clone look dumb founded that I knew so much. He moved his lips back and forth and gripped the table as he lifted his eyes up towards to me. “How do you know so much?”

Padme asked me that same question when I first met her. I sat down in the chair that was across the table from him as I stared him down. “I served as his apprentice and right hand man for twenty-one years and this lightsaber was mine when I served him. Is Thrawn alive and in charge of the army?”

Vaader nodded as I closed my eyes. We would have to step up on our maneuvers making all new ones. That also meant the Noghri couldn’t be that far behind either. I rubbed my temples to relieve the pressure I was feeling gnawing at the front of my lobes. I wondered what old Palps looked like now after I chucked him down the turbo lift shaft?

“General Skywalker,” I heard Wedge say causing me to look up with a frown. “We’re here to arrest that clone for the murder of Councilor Fey’lya,” he explained causing my jaw to drop open. Now that I think about it, I haven’t seen the fur ball in three days. I thought it was because I was busy with other stuff. “We were originally going to arrest you, but Mon Mothma stopped us and explained you had an evil clone of yourself running around loose in the city that is now in custody.”

I stared at the clone as he stared back. “Why did you do it?”

“Never met him before but he was getting on my nerves, so I shut him up permanently,” Vaader answered and he didn’t sound sorry either. I stood up and looked at Wedge and nodded to him. I should go and get Kay from Ahsoka’s. While I was relieved I didn’t have to worry about her walking home again. If we didn’t catch this clone now, I would’ve been thrown into jail no questions asked.

“Commander, he’s all yours,” I said as I headed towards the door as I held the lightsaber in my hand. “By the way, you’re not getting this back. I’m guessing this is what you used to kill him with?”

Again Vaader nodded as I released a heavy sigh as I handed the lightsaber over to one of the other security guards that came with Wedge. I felt reluctant to give it to him but it was the murder weapon. “I hate to give this up, if it is the murder weapon.”

“Sorry Anakin, it has to be submitted for evidence and you know that,” Mon spoke up as she watched me with a neutral expression. “If you want it back later. We’ll talk about it, okay?”

Mon must’ve realized it was my lightsaber from when I was Vader. I had attachments to the lightsaber. “I should pick up Kay from Ahsoka’s. I’ll be back in the morning.”

“All right, have a good night, Anakin, I’ll see you in the morning,” Mon said as Wedge escorted the clone from the room as I watched him go. Fey’lya was dead, I knew the Bothan had a way to stomp on people’s nerves but he still didn’t deserve it.

I walked towards Leia and Han. She was studying the clone’s features as tears sprung to her eyes. I stepped to her side and wrapped my arms around her. She must’ve spotted the differences as I comforted her. “Shhhh,” I whispered gently as I sent her calming thoughts through the Force. “It’s all right.”

“He looks younger then you,” Leia chocked on her words. “How could I have missed it?”

“It happened fast,” I answered as I gently rubbed her back. “Maybe you didn’t have time to get a good look after he ignited his lightsaber? Why don’t you and Han come over for dinner and we’ll spend the evening together?”

“All right,” Leia agreed as Han nudged me with a worried expression.

I raised an eyebrow as he chewed on his lower lip. “Is something wrong?”

“She’s been throwing up ever since yesterday. She can’t be that stressed over this can she?” Han questioned with a frown. Maybe Leia didn’t tell Han after all.

“Or maybe one day you’ll wake up and find two extra mouths to feed,” I smirked causing Han to scratch his chin.

“Dad, I haven’t told him yet,” Leia pleaded as Han’s jaw dropped open as I frowned.

“One night practice right?” I questioned as I sensed Leia’s embarrassment through the Force. “That’s all it takes is a one a night stand.”

“Leia, is it true?” Han questioned as he took Leia into his arms and kissed her on the forehead. “Am I going to be a father?”

“Nice timing, dad, you couldn’t resist could you?” Leia questioned with a raised brow. At least she’s no longer crying I thought with an inward smile.

”Nope, I couldn’t,” I said with a small smirk. “At least your mind is elsewhere now.”

Leia shook her head sadly as I hugged her. Han hugged both of us and whispered. Nice one grandpa. If I weren’t in the middle of hugging Leia, I would’ve smacked Han upside the head. Another thing to put on my to do list, smacking Han later for the comment.
    ---------------
    Jedi_Lover, earlybird-obi-wan, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, DaenaBenjen42, AzureAngel2,

AzureAngel2 and DaenaBenjen42 like this.
  24. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    LOL! Vaader. I love it.

And Han is going to be a father and Anakin a grandfather. Does that make Vaader an uncle?

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What a relief and what a shocking revelation! About who is behind everything. The pregnancy announcement is just [face_dancing] for the whole family.