main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Secret Ally: Clone Trouble DDC 2016

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 1, 2016.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice things happening to the whole family

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I opened the door allowing, Leia, Luke, Han, and Bail to enter the apartment as Kay walked out with a grin. She hugged Leia and Han first then hugged Luke and Bail. Ahsoka, Rex and Dev walked in as Brice walked out of the kitchen. He was helping me cook the dinner for everyone. Tonight, Leia planned to make the announcement to the rest of the family that she was expecting twins. It was a time for celebration.

Too bad Jess and Fress weren’t here. I knew Fress would love to do something for Leia. They were still on their honey moon which I was happy those two were getting some much needed time alone with each other before their second child came along.

I walked over to Han and waited until Leia turned her attention elsewhere as I slapped him upside the head. Han glared at me as he rubbed the back of his head. “That’s for calling me grandpa earlier. I thought you two decided to wait a year?”

“We thought a practice night would be fun, Leia wore the same outfit Jabba had her in. I couldn’t resist,” Han answered with a frown. Leia tempted Han. I should’ve realized she would. Han and Leia were good for each other making them the perfect couple. “I didn’t realize Leia was in high fertility at the time. Aren’t you happy?”

“I am,” I answered with a grin. “For Leia,” I teased causing Han to roll his eyes. “You’re the boy who knocked up my baby. If you give me a granddaughter out of this, you’ll understand.”

Han slowly looked towards me with a small grin and I knew what he was thinking. I can see Han sitting at the front door waiting for the girl and the boyfriend to return with his blaster in his hand. “Can I use some of your antics?”

“Sure why not,” I agreed wrapping an arm around Han’s shoulders as Dev joined Brice in the kitchen. The boys sure liked to cook, which was a good thing. “Congrats. I look forward to meeting them.”

“Thanks Anakin, me too, Leia and I both want you there the day she gives birth,” Han said with an inviting smile.

“I plan to be there,” I said with an excited grin. Unless someone else decides to get in the way, Palpatine will eventually have to be dealt with. In the mean time, I planned to enjoy the evening with my family and friends.

Leia sat Bail down on the chair as Han took a hold of my arm and sat me down beside Bail. Both went to work tying blindfolds around our eyes causing me to wonder why considering I already knew. “Just play along, dad, please?” Leia whispered in my ear causing me to smile.

“All right,” I agreed as I felt something semi heavy being placed in my arms causing me to pause. Now I was curious about the object in my arms. It felt like a small holo frame.

“Father, dad,” Leia spoke gently as she removed the blindfolds. “You’re going to be grandfathers.”

Bail glanced at the holo unit playing the ultra sound that Leia showed me yesterday. I suspect that was Bail’s copy since Leia already gave me mine. “Leia, Han. I’m happy for you both, isn’t this wonderful, Anakin?”

“It is,” I agreed with a grin before I looked down at the object in my arms. I sucked in a shaky breath as two babies in a holo frame looked up at me. I knew it was Luke and Leia the day they were born. Luke had my eyes and it was unmistakable.

“Leia, where did you get that?” Bail questioned as I glanced at him.

“Is this Luke and Leia?” I questioned not being able to finish the sentence. I swallowed hard as I hugged the frame to my body as tears slid down my cheeks. “Was this taken the day they were born?”

Bail nodded in confirmation as I closed my eyes. I missed the most important day of my life. The day my children were born into the galaxy. “I asked Fress if she took a holo of Luke and me the day we were born. She said she had and asked if I wanted a copy. I told her it was for you, dad. She thought it was a good idea. She regrets not telling you sooner. I guess it didn’t cross anyone’s mind at the time. Dad, are you all right?” Leia asked with concern in her tone.

It didn’t cross my mind to ask Fress if she had taken a holo of the twins or not. I should’ve asked her. I just assumed she might not have to help protect the twins’ existence from me. I looked at their innocent faces knowing that I came close to killing them. If I hadn’t released the Force choke on Padme…. I would’ve lost all three. I felt a hand on my shoulder as I looked up at Leia as Luke stepped in beside her. She handed me a clean cloth. I dried my eyes feeling overwhelmed she went to this much trouble for me. “I will be,” I was finally able to answer as I stood up and handed the holo to Bail. I brought the twins into my arms holding them close. “I’m overwhelmed you did this for me. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” Leia whispered back as I held the twins in my arms. “I love you, dad.”

“I love you, dad,” Luke repeated as I closed my eyes.

“I love you both,” I returned gently. Leia did something for me that was precious and such a beautiful gift. I was lucky to have her as a daughter. Luke did a beautiful thing for me three years ago. I had great kids and I couldn’t ask for anyone better to have as children. I eventually released both of them as Bail handed the holo frame back to me. I walked over to where I had a holo frame of Luke, Leia, Kay, and me together and placed the holo down beside the other one. Soon I would be adding my grandchildren’s holo to this small collection I had going on my table.
    -------------------------------
    I made a copy of the holo frame to carry around with me. Fress had helped give me something I thought I would never get back. That is what the twins looked like the day they were born. As Kay walked out of her room dressed for school she grabbed her back pack and looked at the holo frame. “We should get going, I have somewhere to be this morning.”

“All right,” Kay agreed with a small smile as she studied the holo frame. “I think Leia did a nice thing.”

“So do I,” I quickly agreed with a smile as Brice walked out of the guest room. Dev went back with Rex and Ahsoka last night. “Let’s get going.”

Brice followed us out as I closed the door behind me. It’s a good thing the clone was in custody or things would’ve turned out worst for ware I feared.
    ---------------
    I walked into Mon Mothma’s office as she turned to me with a slight smile. “How was the celebration last night?”

“Leia did something for me that I wasn’t expecting,” I answered with a smile as I pulled out my holo cube and turned it on. “It was a beautiful thing she did,” I handed it over to Mon as she studied the cube and nodded in agreement.

“That is Leia when she was a baby,” Mon said as she studied the cube then froze as she saw Luke beside her. “This was taken the day they were born, wasn’t it?”

I nodded as she handed the cube back to me. “Fress had taken a holo of the twins that day. Leia asked Fress if she had copy of her and Luke the day they were born. She made a copy and framed it. She placed it in my arms after she blindfolded me and Bail. I’ll have to thank Fress when she gets back. She gave me back something I thought I would never get back.”

“The Bothans have requested for you, Leia, and Han to come out to their planet. The Bothan leader wants to discuss the treaty after what happened with Fey’lya and they’re holding an emergency election to select a new senator.”

“Why do they want all three of us?” I questioned wondering why they didn’t request Luke as well. “Why me and not Luke?”

“I don’t know,” Mon answered as I sat down in the chair and shook my head. For all I know this could be a trap set up by Thrawn. “For some reason they requested for you personally. They said it had to do with something to do with who you used to be, and what you did with Palpatine.”

Something wasn’t right, I could sense a trap coming out of this. Going with Leia allowed me to keep an eye on her and make sure Thrawn didn’t attempt to kidnap her on me. “I’ll go. I suppose Kay can stay with Luke while we’re gone. Someone is going to have to look after her and Brice…”

“They requested for Kay as well,” Mon Mothma said with a frown. “I’ve already called the school to have it cleared with them. Being a Jedi padawan learner, they pretty well understood.”

Mon did what? Sometimes Mon Mothma always did something to cause me to raise an eyebrow wondering how much she planned to control things on me. This was one of those times I wished Padme was with me. If anyone could talk Mon out of doing things, it was Padme or maybe it was the other way around? I wasn’t too sure. “I’ll have Shadows prepped, we’ll take my ship.”

“That’s fine by me, I want you and the others to leave by midday,” Mon agreed as I stood up as a bad feeling settled into the pit of my stomach. This could easily backfire. I quickly commed Leia and Han telling them they needed to pack. We would be leaving immediately. Next I commed Kay telling her I was going to come and get her from the school. Chewie made it known he planned to come as well. For all I know they asked me to come so they could arrest me and take Kay away. I don’t think that was it, my instincts told me it was something else.
    --------------------
    Luke had agreed to look after Brice while I was gone or until Fress and Jess returned, which ever came first. Kay told her friend we’ll have to post pone the sleep over for another time. Both girls were disappointed but understood we didn’t have a choice. I glanced at Han as he watched me with suspicion as I prepared to take the engines off stand by. Kay, Leia, and Chewie were strapping in the back of the ship. “Go on and say it.”

“Mon Mothma whipped you this morning, didn’t she?” Han questioned as I shook my head sadly. “Admit to it, Anakin. Why are we doing this?”

“I sense a trap,” I admitted with a frown as Han’s jaw dropped open. “Just keep your eyes peeled. I get it, Leia’s pregnant and in a delicate state and I’m not fond of this request either. They didn’t ask for Chewie to come but, he can stay with the ship and fly her incase we need to make a fast get away.”

“It’s a good thing the ship is fast,” Han commented as he helped me lift the ship off the ground. “Or otherwise I would be suggesting to take the Falcon.”

“I asked Wedge, the Rogues and the Executor to come. Mon Mothma nearly threw a fit until I told her that I planned to keep them two systems away. I pointed out to her there was a Grand Admiral in charge and we needed to be careful. I pointed out the fact that it could be a trap, she reluctantly agreed to it. Plus Leia’s pregnant, I’m being over protective.”

“I feel a little more at ease, but still,” Han said as he shook his head sadly as I punched in the coordinates. “I have a bad feeling about this, not unless there’s something you’re not telling us?”

I didn’t say a word as I pulled down on the hyperspace level. The dots turned into a soft blue glow. Instead of staring at lines, I changed it to a nice relaxing color. I stared at it and gave a reluctant sigh. “There is one thing but I’m not a hundred percent sure yet,” Han waited as he stared me down. “Not something I’m really proud of either.”

“Not surprising,” Han pointed out with a frown. “Well?”

“Don’t tell Leia, but this is something I have to face on my own,” I answered with a heavy sigh. “There is this species of hunters the Empire took advantage of and kept the planet in disrepair deliberately. Just to keep them in the Empire’s services due to their skills. It’s my fault. I discovered them first and their plight and came up with the plan.”

“What are they called?” Han questioned in curiosity as I bit on my lower lip.

“Noghri, they have really good hunting skills and they make good assassins,” I answered honestly as Han raised an eyebrow. “It’s a mess and I need to help find a way to get them out from the Empires control, that also involves finding a new planet to move them too. And they won’t move unless we can find a way to safely move their Dukah’s.”

“One step at a time,” Leia spoke up from behind me. I turned my attention to her as she raised a brow.

“Right, if they’re there,” I said with a frown. “They originally owe me the life debt. We have a chance to help get from under the Empires control, that means getting them to talk to me and coming clean about using them.”

Leia placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed lightly. “It’s okay, dad. We’ll help you figure something out. I talked Mon into allowing us bring Rebel Alliance. She wasn’t happy and already have it paired up with Executor.”

I smiled in appreciation as I stood up and hugged Leia. “At least we have backup incase this backfires. You want to make something to eat?”

“Starving, Han and I haven’t had a chance to eat yet,” Leia answered as I walked to the heating unit. “Kay, do I need to ask?”

“Nope,” Kay answered as she stood over the heating unit. “I hope bantha soup and sandwiches are okay?”

“It’s fine, Kay,” Leia answered as she hugged Kay to her. “Thank you. I’m guessing no one’s had time to eat yet?”

“No we haven’t,” I agreed as I hugged Kay then sat down on the couch as Leia sat down beside me. I wrapped an arm around Leia as she leaned into me. I just had a really bad feeling about this trip.
    -----------------------
    earlybird-obi-wan, DaenaBenjen42, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    It never turns out well when somebody has a really bad feeling about something. :(

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bravo on the mix of feels, the lovely, celebratory melty one and then :eek: - It does feel like a trap but I think they're as prepared and re-inforced as possible.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    sweet moments and then a trap
    loved the holograms

6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked down the ramp following Leia and Han. Kay was standing beside me, as a good padawan learner should. I felt bad about what happened to Fey’lya, it should’ve never happened no matter how much he got onto people’s nerves. I bowed in respect to the representative that was assigned to greet us. The bothan bowed back as Leia spoke up.

“Councilor Bre’lya, my condolences on the loss of Senator Fey’lya. His murderer is in custody, Master Skywalker saw to it personally,” Leia stepped aside and nodded to me.

“Thank you, Master Skywalker. The meeting is being postponed as our leader has come down ill,” Bre’lya explained with a frown. “He sends his regret he cannot meet with you personally.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” I said with a frown. “Is there anything we can do?”

“No it’s personal. I am to show you around in the mean time. There is a market I’m sure your padawan learner and daughter would like to tour and we have a museum we suspect you and your son-in-law will enjoy,” Bre’lya spoke with a frown.

Are they attempting to divide us? “I like the market just fine,” Han spoke up with a suspicious expression. “It prevents Leia from spending too many credits on me.”

“I’m standing right here,” Leia reminded Han with a raise of her brow. Leia wasn’t into spending a lot of credits and it would give me a chance to find something for Leia for helping me out with Kay.

“I’m interested in the market as well,” I glanced at Kay with a small smile. “Maybe my daughters will find something they like.”

“Dad, you don’t need to get me anything for helping out with Kay,” Leia spoke up with a small smile. “I was happy to help you avoid the embarrassment.”

“You did help out when I most needed it, and I am grateful for it,” I said as a slight blush touched my cheeks. I was embarrassed to be discussing it with Kay. “I’m just glad Kay feels comfortable going to you when she feels she can’t come to me.”

Leia smiled and nodded in agreement as the Councilor gave a nod. “Very well,” he nodded to an aide. “This is my aide, he will help see to your needs.”

“Thank you,” I said as the aide led us to a speeder. I climbed in beside Kay. We had agreed to hide our lightsabers in plain sight so they would not be compensated. Han on the other hand was forced to leave his blaster onboard Shadows.
    ----------------------
    I spotted a beautiful necklace as the vendor approached me with a smile. The stone had a natural ice blue glow. The metal holding the stone was in the shape of a butterfly. I glanced behind me at Leia as she stepped in beside me. “Kay’s life day is coming up soon,” I said as I turned my attention to the vendor. “Perhaps you can tell me more about this beautiful piece of jewelry?”

“Of course, General,” the vendor answered with a smile. “The stone is from the ice fields, it is made from a fossil which gives its natural beauty. I hand make all the pieces myself.”

“How much? My daughter’s thirteenth life day is around the corner,” I explained with a smile.

“I normally charge forty, but for you General, twenty credits, consider it a thank you discount for the services you provide,” the vendor answered as I reached into my pocket and counted out the credits.

“Kay will love it, dad,” Leia said with a smile as I handed the credits over. “It gives her something beautiful to wear to the dinner functions.”

“Nice doing business with you, General,” the vendor spoke as he handed the box over. I placed the small box into my utility pocket so I wouldn’t lose it.

“Are you sure I can’t buy you anything?” I questioned Leia with a smile. “Maybe something for the twins instead?”

Leia gave an appreciative smile. “I have a feeling you’ll spoil them well enough without me giving suggestions.”

“True enough,” I agreed as we walked up beside Kay who was eyeing a dress. It was ice blue and very shiny and the necklace I just bought would go perfectly with it. “See anything you like?”

“That necklace you just bought, I suspect it’s because my life day is coming up,” Kay answered with a mischief smile.

“So much for the surprise,” I said with a frown. “You’ll have to wait, maybe by then you’ll forget I have it.”

“Deal,” Kay agreed as she kissed me on the cheek. “Thanks Anakin.”

“You’re welcome, sweetheart,” I said as I looked towards the Vendor. “How much for the dress?”

Kay shook her head as Leia walked in beside her. “I got this one, dad. This will be her life day gift from Han and I.”

“Thanks Leia,” Kay hugged Leia with a grin as the Vendor wrapped the dress up in a package. “You guys are the best.”

Han smiled as he handed the credits over as Leia accepted the package. “Come on, there is still a lot more to explore.”

We stepped towards the next booth as I felt something sniffing my hand causing me to pause as Leia and Kay tensed up. Our guide had disappeared into the crowd somewhere causing me to frown. “Did anyone see where the guide went?”

“He just disappeared,” Han answered as he stared at a Noghri with a stun stick in his hand. “You were right about the trap, Anakin.”

“Lord Vader,” I heard the Noghri mewed behind me as Leia turned in the direction of the voice and gasped. “Please forgive us, we didn’t know it was you and your family we were sent to capture.”

The other Noghri also got down on his knees begging my forgiveness. “Look at that, they think you’re royal when I think you’re a royal pain…”

“You finish that sentence Solo and Leia becomes a single mother,” I threatened as Leia smacked me in the shoulder for the comment.

“You promised me you wouldn’t hurt Han,” Leia reminded me with a serious expression.

“You may rise,” I said with a small smile as Han shook his head. “You are forgiven, for I know Admiral Thrawn would’ve kept that information from you.”

“The Lord Vader is merciful,” the Noghri on the right said.

“What happens now?” Leia questioned with a frown.

“If we send them all back alive, Thrawn is going to know something is up or realized I talked with them, which puts their people into immediate danger,” I pointed out with a worried expression. “I can’t kill them either, they’re innocents caught up in this war. We should go back to shadows and discuss what to do next.”

Leia nodded as she turned her attention to me with a concerned expression. “Dad, I know you’re worried. We’ll work something out.”

“We’ll have to move with precaution,” I stated with a frown as we started heading back to the hangar bay. Either way, this situation could turn ugly fast. If word reaches to the Noghri that I let them go, it may cause them to turn on the Empire. I didn’t want that to happen. I wanted to help get their people out with little fuss.
    -------------
    I was sitting on the couch as the representative came to apologize to Leia and Han for the attempted kidnapping. They didn’t realize they were being set up, which I find a little hard to believe. The timing seemed almost down to the wire. We also found out the leader had been poisoned, maybe they didn’t realize they were being set up. It was hard to tell at this point. My only concern at the moment was the Noghri, and how not to tip off Thrawn that I was in contact with two of them verbally was not going to be easy. I looked at Ruhka and Mycka as they sat quietly at the small table. I felt a hand on my shoulder causing me to look up.

“You’re worried,” Leia stated matter of fact as she sat down beside me. “You seem pretty deep in thought. There isn’t an easy way out of this, is there?”

“No not without causing suspicion with Thrawn. If he finds out I’ve been verbally in contact with the Noghri, it will cause harm to their people and I don’t want that to happen,” I explained with a frown. “The only way is to take them into custody without raising suspicion.”

“If being placed into custody is best,” Ruhka spoke up as I looked at him. “We will gladly comply to protect our people,” he mewed as the other nodded in agreement.

“We could fake a document stating that they were placed into custody,” Leia suggested with a frown. “They won’t buy it if we said we killed them, would they?”

“No they wouldn’t unless it mentions I was not notified. Thrawn would never believe it because he knows I would never allow any harm come to them,” I explained with a serious expression. “And he knows you would run it by me first.”

“About their planet,” Leia spoke causing guilt to rush through me. “How bad is it?”

“The Empire supplies them with decontaminates, but supply a plant that contaminates the soil again, the planet is in disrepair. It should’ve only taken ten years to clean up,” I explained with a heavy sigh. “It’s a mess to clean up. It’s only right that we find a way to help them.”

“What happened in the first place?” Leia questioned softly as I shook my head.

“During the clone wars, one of our dreadnaughts crashed on their planet contaminating the soil. No one in the Republic knew until I came across the wreckage one day,” I explained with a frown. “I identified the ship as one that went MIA without an explanation. We promised to help with food supplies in exchange for service.”

“We’ll figure something out, in the mean time. We send in a report saying they were placed into custody and they are refusing to talk with you because they now view you as a traitor no longer working for the Empire,” Leia suggested with a smile as I nodded in agreement. It would be believable. It is known that I was considered a traitor to the Empire.

“That might work,” I said with a small worried smile. “In the mean time, we have to send supplies not expecting anything in return. Enough damage has been done to their people,” I suggested as Leia nodded in agreement.

“That sounds fair,” Leia agreed as she patted my hand. “It’ll be all right. We will help them work through this. What ever it takes.”

“Thanks Leia,” I said as I felt some relief but I still had that bad feeling settle into the pit of my stomach. “I appreciate you wanting to help.”

“Mon told me you dropped the lightsaber after you touched it claiming it was an old memory,” Leia brought up causing me to frown. She took my hands into hers. “What did you really see? Want to talk about it?”

“I wasn’t sure to be honest,” I answered as Leia raised an eyebrow. “I saw me fighting Luke on the second Death Star,” I explained as Leia waited. “Then I saw….” I shook my head as Leia encouraged me with a smile. “I saw Palpatine handing the clone the lightsaber, he later confirmed that’s who gave him the lightsaber. After I threw him down the turbo lift shaft I thought he was dead. There’s no way he could’ve gotten off on time.”

“In time, I’m sure everything will come to light,” Leia commented in a gentle tone. “For now will you and the other two take me to their home planet?”

“Out of the question, you’re pregnant Leia,” I pointed out as Leia glared at me. Wrong thing to say I knew that look, you just stuck your foot in the mouth expression “Besides, it will only bring suspicion…”

“I agree,” Ruhka spoke up causing me to frown. “If it will help our people, the risk will be worth it.”

“And if they discover we are there, it will bring death and destruction,” I pointed out with a frown. This was a bad idea. “It will be better if you went with the supplies without us.”

“Lord Vader, it would be an honor if…” Mycka spoke up causing me to frown causing him to pause. “They will listen if they hear the truth from you.”

“He makes a good point,” Leia agreed with a concerned expression. “Dad, it’ll be fine. We can come up with a plan to keep out of sight. Who better then to tell them the truth, then you?” She wrapped an arm around me as I leaned lightly into her. I didn’t like this plan but what choice was there? I could tell by the expression on Han’s face he liked this idea even less then I did. If we were to help the Noghri, then telling them the truth was a step in the right direction.
    ----------------
    earlybird-obi-wan, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover, DaenaBenjen42

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb discussion and warm supportiveness.

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “Lord Vader,” I heard the Noghri mewed behind me as Leia turned in the direction of the voice and gasped. “Please forgive us, we didn’t know it was you and your family we were sent to capture.”

The other Noghri also got down on his knees begging my forgiveness. “Look at that, they think you’re royal when I think you’re a royal pain…”

“You finish that sentence Solo and Leia becomes a single mother,” I threatened as Leia smacked me in the shoulder for the comment.

“You promised me you wouldn’t hurt Han,” Leia reminded me with a serious expression.

“You may rise,” I said with a small smile as Han shook his head. “You are forgiven, for I know Admiral Thrawn would’ve kept that information from you.”

“The Lord Vader is merciful,” the Noghri on the right said.

I do love the banter between Ani & Han. So sharp, so extremely funny. Boys!

Anyway, I am sorry that I missed to many updates. Darth RL strikes hard these days.

Falcon likes this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love to see the Noghri and the help they are getting

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I opened the door as Cheral and her mom entered the apartment. Kay ran out and took Cheral’s bag. “Kay, why don’t you show Cheral where she will be sleeping tonight?”

Kay nodded as she led Cheral to the guest room as I turned my attention to Shila with a smile. “I’ll drop the girls off at school in the morning. I must apologize for the sudden change of plans on Friday.”

“How was your trip?” Shila questioned as Ruhk slipped into the apartment.

I glanced at the Noghri as he took up a bodyguard position causing me to sigh. I would rather have them guard Leia. I could take care of myself. I turned my attention back to Shila as she raised an eyebrow in my direction. “There’s a chance to help clean up more of my mess up.”

“What is he?” Shila questioned as she watched the Noghri closely.

“He’s a Noghri,” I answered with a frown. “He’s a skilled hunter but the Empire has been using his people as assassins. Which I thought I left both with Leia,” I pointed out as the Noghri grimaced a bit.

“The Mal'ary'ush told me to stay with you,” Rukh mewed causing me to raise an eyebrow. “Mycka has agreed to stay with her.”

“Mal’ary’ush?” Shila questioned with a frown. “What does that word mean in your language?”

“Lady Vader,” Rukh answered honestly as I sighed. I bet Leia didn’t like hearing that word being used around her. She might go with it, to prevent from insulting them. “She preferred to be called Mal’ary’ush.”

I wondered how they referred to Han. That would be an interesting reaction I would love to see. “Why don’t you join us for dinner,” I invited with a heart-warming smile. “There is more then enough to go around.”

“I would like that,” Shila agreed as she sat down on the couch. “Did you need any help?”

“Nope, everything is almost done, but thanks,” I answered with a smile. I liked Shila, she was definitely turning into a good friend. I walked into the kitchen and finished preparing the meal, but what was to come next made me realize that someone really needed to hear the truth.
    ----------------------
    After dinner Cheral and Kay retreated into Kay’s bedroom followed by almost instant giggles. I shook my head as I glanced at Shila who smiled in turn. “At least they’re having a good time.”

“Always a plus,” Shila agreed with a smile as I sat down on the couch. “I hope they don’t stay up too late, it is a school night.”

“They may wait until I go to bed,” I pointed out. “Kay’s pretty good about going to school. Since a friend is here, she may end up breaking the rules.”

“It will be up to them, wouldn’t it?” Shila questioned in agreement. “Hopefully not too tired for tomorrow morning.”

“I’ll talk to the girls,” I agreed as Shila nodded in appreciation. “They’re just excited. Would you like a tea or glass of wine?”

“I’m fine thanks,” Shila answered as she leaned back as more laughter was heard coming from the room. “I wonder what they’re talking about?”

“Could be anything,” I answered with a frown. “I just hope she’s not relaying anything she shouldn’t be,” I muttered under my breath as Shila raised an eyebrow. “Before Luke and Leia found out they were twin brother and sister. Leia kissed Luke to deliberately get a rise out of Han.”

Shila raised an eyebrow and chuckled. “I guess he has nothing to be jealous about now, does he?”

“Nope, he doesn’t, he can’t resist teasing them about it now,” I agreed with a smirk. “I couldn’t either. It wasn’t their fault, they didn’t know.”

“I’m curious about the two babies in the holo,” Shila observed. “They weren’t there last I was here.”

“Luke and Leia, the day they were born,” I answered with a regretful expression. “I had no clue she was carrying twins at the time. I missed the most important day of my life, the day my children were born into the galaxy. Fress was with Padme in the end and took the holo. She held onto it all this time and made a copy for Leia who had it framed and gave it to me just last week.”

“Leia is something else,” Shila observed.

“She’s so much like her mother,” I explained. “I have amazing children,” Shila nodded in agreement as Kay and Cheral walked out with grins. I turned my attention to them wondering what they wanted. “Girls, did you need something?”

“We were wondering mom if it is okay if we played with your makeup a little bit?” Cheral questioned with a hopeful smile.

“Lucky for them, I use earth tones,” Shila explained as I frowned. I never noticed she had it on. “Would it be all right if I gave the girls a lesson?”

“I had planned to ask Leia to help, if you want to give her a lesson. I would really appreciate it,” I answered with a small smile. “I’m not into makeup so I wouldn’t know where to start.”

“Come on girls,” Shila said as he dug into her handbag and brought out her makeup. I noticed it was all earth tones, which was good. “Let’s go play with the makeup.”

I watched Shila as I heard the door open but I didn’t bother to see who entered the apartment. I could tell by the presence it was Ahsoka. I didn’t bother to look as a small goofy grin fell across my features as Ahsoka sat down on the couch.

“Anakin, can we go jump off the building?” Ahsoka questioned but I ignored her attempt at getting my attention. “Go kill off a few Tusken Raiders?” Again I ignored the obvious attempt at getting my attention. “Go kiss a Chiss?” Ahsoka tapped my shoulder as I shrugged her away. “You like her don’t you….”

I quickly glared at her with a warning expression. I had a feeling about this one and I couldn’t quite place it. It was almost like….. “My history hasn’t scared her off. She is letting her daughter stay the night. She’s giving both makeup tips.”

“Normally you don’t find this kind of thing fascinating and you have a goofy grin on your face,” Ahsoka pointed out with a smirk. “I’m just wondering, can we look after Kay when you go to Honoghr?”

I nodded with a smile. I was going to ask Han, but if Ahsoka is already offering. “Sure, I don’t see why not. How is the adoption coming?”

“Good,” Ahsoka answered with a smile. “She is a lot of work. I figure if Kay is with us, she can help out a little?”

“Make sure her home work is done first,” I pointed out as Ahsoka nodded in agreement.

“That won’t be a problem,” Ahsoka agreed. “Thanks Sky Guy. I have suspicions Meeka is Force sensitive,” that caused me to pause as I glanced at Ahsoka. Being a Jedi Master herself, she would pick up on Force sensitive signs quite quickly on a child. “I need Kay to spend some time with her, play with her and see if she can pick up anything. Without the blood tests we won’t know for sure. Objects are being levitated around the house unexplained and it’s not me. I talked with the adoption agent and he said the reason they had trouble placing her is because of these mysterious unexplained incidents, that’s why they figured Rex and I would be perfect.”

“If that’s the case, you and Rex are the perfect couple for her. You know what it’s like to grow up as a Jedi. You can guide her, and Rex has been around Jedi his entire life almost,” I said with a smile. “How does Rex feel about it?”

“I asked but it doesn’t bother him. As long as we train her correctly and she doesn’t fall to the dark side,” Ahsoka answered as I nodded in agreement. “He’s fine with it. He’s used to being around Jedi.”

I nodded as my attention was diverted back to Shila as Kay gave me a knowing grin. Did she pick up on it too? I noticed the makeup brought out Kay’s natural beauty and there wasn’t too much either. You could barely see it on her. Shila was good at it. If Kay wanted eye shadow to jump out, maybe Leia can take her shopping. Leia wasn’t much for makeup. I knew they had sales clerk who knew what they were doing. “You look beautiful, Kay.”

“Thanks Ani,” Kay smirked as she hugged Shila. Makeup for Kay, Shila for me, which would be the wrong thing to say, I quickly chastised myself. It would give off the wrong impression. I wasn’t sure if it was because of a physical attraction or something deeper. Just thank her for helping Kay and don’t say anything further. “Thank you for giving Kay a lesson.”

“You’re welcome, Ani,” Shila answered as she blushed a bit. Maybe there was something there after all. I just needed to meet her ex just to make sure nothing crazy would happen. Wait. Did she just refer to me with my nickname? “I should get going. I have to get up in the morning,” she said as she hugged Cheral and kissed her on the forehead. “I’ll see you after school. Have fun, sweetheart.”

“I will mom,” Cheral answered with a smile as Shila brushed past me causing shivers to travel down to my toes.

“Have a good night, Shila,” I said with a smile as she nodded and quickly left. Ahsoka stood up and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

“You’re welcome, Ani,” Ahsoka teased causing me to blush. “Is it my imagination or are you two digging on each other?”

“Good night Ahsoka,” I said as I pushed her towards the door. “We’ll talk more about Meeka in the morning.”

“Night Anakin,” Ahsoka walked out of the door as I shut it closed behind her and leaned against the wall. It’s been years since I felt this way. I noticed Kay and Cheral watching me with curious smiles. “Time for bed, girls and don’t forget to wash the makeup off first.”

Kay nodded as they headed to the bathroom as I sat down on the couch placing my head in between my hands. What has gotten into me? I feel like a schoolboy. I heard giggles from the bathroom causing me to smile. At least the girls were having a good time.
    ---------------
    I watched as the girls run towards the school as Cheral stopped and hugged a man. She kissed him on the cheek then joined Kay at the door. I wondered if that was her father? He turned towards my speeder and jogged over waving his arm. Definitely the father I thought with a frown. He didn’t appear to be armed but looks could be deceiving. I waited as he climbed into the passengers seat. “I’m guessing you’re Cheral’s father and ex to Shila?”

“I am, would you mind if we went somewhere to talk?” he asked with a frown.

“As long as you don’t get angry and pull a blaster on me, which by the way I am armed,” I explained causing the man to raise an eyebrow.

“Why would you think that?” He asked with a curious expression.

“The last girl I tried dating, her ex pulled two blasters on me then challenged me to a death match, then raped and beat my daughter trying to get the blame on me,” I explained with a serious expression.

“I’m not like that,” he answered with a sad shake of his head. “I suspect it has to do with who you are. I’m aware of your background, Anakin. I’m not interested in making you angry or picking a fight. It does come to my daughter and I want to make sure she’s safe.”

“I understand. Your choice, where did you want to go?” I questioned as I relaxed my expression a bit.

“Are you familiar with Dex’s diner?” He asked with a frown. “I’m Ryen by the way.”

”Very familiar,” I answered with a small smile. I wondered if he’s retired by now. I took the engines off standby and lifted the speeder into the air headed towards the diner.
    -----------------
    We walked into the diner as Dex walked out causing me to smile as he stepped towards me. I hugged him as he hugged back.

“Anakin Skywalker, it’s been years,” Dex said as he looked at Ryen. “Ryen, how are you?”

“I’m good Dex, thank you,” Ryen answered as he hugged Dex next.

“Would you like some breakfast?” Dex questioned as we both nodded as he pointed to an empty table. “Are you here for some information, Anakin?”

“Not quite,” I answered honestly as I glanced at Ryen. “We’re here just to talk. The girl I adopted made friends with his daughter,” I explained causing Dex to smile. “I’m not sure how much you heard over the years…”

Dex laughed as we sat down at the table. “Ah yes, I hear many things including you falling to the dark side, Vader?”
    “Vader,” I answered with a serious expression. “Shila has already interrogated me now it’s Ryen’s turn.”

“When Anakin is in his right mind, he is someone you want to have as a friend not as an enemy,” Dex told Ryen causing me to frown. “You and Vader are too different. That’s all I have to say, let me get you your breakfast. It’s on the house.”

“Thank you, Dex,” I said with a smile as he walked off. I turned my attention to Ryen as he shook his head.

“What does he mean you’re better off as a friend and not an enemy?” Ryen questioned with a frown. I wondered if there was a reason why he was warning Ryen.

“I’m trained in several forms of hand to hand combat and lightsaber forms. As you may have already figured out, I’m Force sensitive and was trained as a Jedi. I have friends in high places,” I answered honestly. “My daughter is Leia Organa and Luke Skywalker is my son. They’re twins.”

“Dex is always looking out for me. I used to get into trouble when I was younger,” Ryen explained. “I’m not in the habit of making enemies. I want to walk Cheral down the aisle.”

“Good reason for staying out of trouble,” I agreed. “I’m going to be a grandfather soon, it feels unreal. I am excited too.”

“Congratulations,” Ryen said as Dex placed a meal down for each of us. “Thanks Dex. Did you know Anakin is going to be a grandfather soon?”

“The smuggler who married my daughter knocked her up recently,” I explained with a small smile.

“Congratulations Anakin, that is great news, you would make an interesting grandfather,” Dex said before he walked off. He most likely had other things to take care off. I also suspected he knew we wanted privacy. “Ryen why don’t you tell me about yourself and I’ll tell you what I’m comfortable with telling you about myself?”

“Sounds good to me,” Ryen agreed with a slight smile.
    -------------
    An hour had passed before I knew it and Ryen relaxed around me. He seemed like a decent guy who only cared for the well being of Cheral. I liked him. He messed things up with Shila by constantly gambling and taking loans from loan sharks. She left due to fear of something happening to her and her daughter. Ryen cleaned up and got a job and started supporting Cheral. I told him about my past and he was horrified during parts of it. I wasn’t proud of my past and I could tell he understood I was uncomfortable with how I behaved. We shook hands and parted and I felt we left on good terms.
    ----------------------
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2, DaenaBenjen42

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Delightful mutual connecting with Shila, and great sensible open talk with Ryen. :cool: And the teasing with Ahsoka - naturally [face_laugh] Balanced perfectly with the serious stuff about Mika. =D=

Falcon likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love to see Dex still alive and the talk with Ryen

Falcon likes this.