main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A secret Ally Dear Diary Challenge 2014 Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 1, 2014.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “I love Artoo. He is a good friend and comes in handy during tight spots from time to time,” I explained with a slight smile. No other droid even comes close to Artoo’s expertise for breaking into computers and by passing locks. Or that’s the way I always saw it.

I loved that quirky love confession. [face_love]

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    ----------
    I sat in the speeder as Jess opened the door and helped Fress to her feet. I watched as his eyes scoped her from top to bottom. “You are gorgeous.”

“You don’t look so bad yourself,” Fress teased as Jess captured her lips with his. She pulled back and I sensed the shivers through the Force between them. “You look handsome tonight.”

Jess looked at me and raised an eyebrow, as I didn’t bother to move. I still did not feel comfortable being here. The door to my side opened as Ahsoka looked at me with a questioning expression. “Did you discover the fountain of youth?”

“No, this is a clone body and Luke transferred my memories from my old one to this one,” I explained with a sigh. “I really don’t want to do this.”

“Leia’s waiting inside and she’s pretty livid with Luke for not telling her you were here,” Ahsoka explained with a frown. “Sky Guy, the fate of the galaxy rests on this truce. You have to be here, you can sign the truce.”

“I’m not so sure, I did kill Palpatine after all,” I explained with a frown.

“How?” Ahsoka questioned with a curious expression as Rex walked up to her side.

“I picked him up over my head and threw him down the turbo lift shaft,” I answered as Rex bit on his lip.

“You could’ve sold tickets to that,” Ahsoka said as she glanced at Rex who was resting his head against her shoulder.

”Good to see you again, General,” Rex commented with a slight smile. “Leia is pretty livid with Luke, but she’s very much her mother. She’ll do the right thing where both sides are concerned.”

Fress walked beside Ahsoka and frowned. “Are you going to stay in that speeder, Ani or are we going to have to levitate you out?”

“I’ll come quietly,” I gave a sigh as I slid out of the speeder. I glanced at Ahsoka as she rushed into my arms. “I missed you, Snips. Please forgive me.”

“I missed you too, Sky Guy,” Ahsoka agreed as she took a step back. “I did forgive you, a long time ago.”

“Shall we go in?” Rex questioned with a frown. “The others are waiting.”

I nodded as Ahsoka slipped her hand through Rex’s arm and Fress slipped her arm through Jess who was glaring at me the entire time. Rex was better at hiding his feelings then Jess was. I had no clue what was going through the clone’s mind at the moment.

I followed behind the small group as the driver walked ahead of us and opened the door. I stepped through and glanced around. They had a beautiful home. Green vines over the fireplace, white furniture giving off a warm feeling. Bricks around the fireplace, a cream coloured carpet. I looked down at my feet and noticed we were standing on top of a large aquarium.

“Welcome to our home, Lord Vader,” Madame Captison said causing me to look up with a smile.

“Thank you, Mi Lady,” I said with a smile. “You have a lovely home.”

“Thank you my dear,” Madame Captison said with a smile as she walked up to me. “Yeorg explained to me why you look so young. May I?” She questioned with a smile as I extended my arm allowing her to weave hers into mine.

We came to a stop in front of a very large table. The middle was extended out to accommodate a larger number of guests. The table itself looked beautiful and well taken care of. My attention was directed to where Han and Leia were sitting. Luke was sitting beside a pretty girl and he looked like a schoolboy trying to gain her attention. “Princess, may our discussion tonight be fruitful where both sides are concerned. We shall push our past aside tonight and focus on what needs to be done.”

Leia gave a short nod in agreement as she stood up and extended her hand. I saw so much of Padme in her. I reached out my hand and shook hers. “I too wish these talks will be fruitful,” she quickly retracted her hand and sat back down.

Rex was right, she was very much her mother and despite their past she will do what is best for the group. I was extremely proud of her. Captison indicated for me to sit beside Leia. This was not going to be an easy evening.

I sat down in the chair as a messenger walked in. “I regret to inform you that Governor Nereus is unable to make it. He has every bit of confidence in Lord Vader to make the decision tonight.”

I watched the messenger walk out as everyone’s attention turned to me. So much for keeping this under wraps I thought with a frown. “I plan to sign the treaty. I’m well aware of the threat to the Galaxy itself. It will not matter if you’re Imperial or with the Alliance. The threat will make the last twenty years look like a walk in the park. Shortly before Palpatine passed away, he made a deal with the Ssi-Ruuk. In exchange for fighters, he would supply troops to power the fighters with. Since Palpatine is dead, the agreement is null and void. I suspect the boy onboard their cruiser is Force sensitive. I felt him reach out to Jedi Skywalker during the battle. If he felt Palpatine’s death, then they wasted no time in organizing an invasion force.”

I glanced at Leia as her face paled causing me to frown. She was in shock, the tension in the air was thick. “Princess, are your forces willing to work with the Imperial Navy?”

”It can be arranged, Lord Vader,” Leia answered as she held out her hand. “I take it we’re in agreement?”

”We are,” I answered as I shook her hand, there was a beautiful bracelet on her wrist and the colors shone from it adding weight to the truce agreement. “Senator Captison, I believe you are capable to write up the papers to sign tomorrow?”

“It will be done, my Lord,” Captison replied with a smile as the servants brought the food out. Salad and soup, I couldn’t wait to taste.

I glanced up and noticed Fress and Ahsoka were watching me with smirks on their faces. I shook my head with a small smile as I ate the tasty soup. All the spices exploded in my mouth. It really has been a long time since I tasted anything this wonderful.
    --------------------------------
    Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, Jedi_Lover, earlybird-obi-wan, AzureAngel2

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Very good progress on the truce and very plausible reactions. =D= Lovely details of the Captisons and Luke with Gaeriel ;) I can feel Anakin's reservations and also his enjoyment of rediscovered experiences.

Falcon likes this.
  4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    ”We are,” I answered as I shook her hand, there was a beautiful bracelet on her wrist and the colors shone from it adding weight to the truce agreement. “Senator Captison, I believe you are capable to write up the papers to sign tomorrow?”

I love that you used THAT particular bracelet from the original Bactura story. Yeah!

Falcon likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A very nice update with Fress, Jess, Ahsoka and Rex. And meeting Leia, she should forgive him too

Falcon likes this.
  6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I stood outside the Captison’s home as the others continued to mingle. I looked up at the stars breathing in the cool night air. I enjoyed being free from the armour and was enjoying every minute of it. I heard the door open and close as I glanced behind me and saw Leia standing there watching me. I sensed she was worried about something. “Is something wrong, Leia?”

Leia didn’t answer as she continued to stand still causing me to frown. I sensed tension a few minutes ago and wondered if Han and Leia had a fight. “When I was a boy, I used to look up at the stars and wanted to be the first person to see every planet. Now I know that’s not possible. There are so many in the galaxy and many more even the Republic is not aware of.”

Leia smiled a bit then frowned shaking her head. “I don’t understand how you could act this way and… Fress and Ahsoka tried to explain it to me.”

“When I fell to the dark side, I allowed the dark side to destroy who I was and used to stand for. I became diluted thinking I was still doing the right thing and didn’t listen to the right person, when in fact I was the one causing the damage,” I glanced beside me and noticed she was listening to what I was saying. Maybe this won’t be as bad as I thought it would be. “Palpatine did force his will over mine more then once. Instead of defying him, I did as he asked to avoid punishment. It still doesn’t excuse me from my crimes. All I can do is ask for your forgiveness.”

Leia nodded in agreement as she glanced up at me then turned her attention to the stars. I watched her wondering what was going through her mind. “I can almost forgive you for what you did to me aboard the Death Star, but with Han you will have to ask him yourself.”

The reference to the Death Star made me grimace at the thought. What I did to her was unspeakable. I knew I was going to have to talk to Han at some point. The tension between us slowly began to ease a little as we continued to talk.

“Luke mentioned you had something for me?” Leia questioned with a frown as she glanced at me. “Or was it a trick to get us to talk?”

I smiled a bit as I reached into the pocket and pulled out a holo cube and turned it on. I always carried a holo of Padme. This time I carried an extra in case Leia wanted a copy. A reminder of how things ended between us and didn’t have too. If I listened to her back then, this whole mess could’ve been avoided. I was so wrapped up in the Clone Wars I stopped listening to reason and swept Padme’s suspicions aside. I turned it on and handed it to Leia. “You remind me so much of your mother,” I spoke gently in a loving tone. “All she wanted was for the war to end. She was caring and gentle, stubborn at times and loved politics. She turned many of her missions to set things right. She made differences in people’s lives and helped those in need, no matter what kind of background they came from. Her name was Padme Amidala and she was from Naboo.”

“May I have a copy?” Leia questioned with as she studied the holo.

“That is your copy,” I explained with a small smile. “I made one for you and Luke.”

“Thank you,” Leia placed the holo recording in her purse. “I appreciate it,” I sensed her eyes were on me as if studying me from head to foot. “Why did you do it?”

I fell silent wondering about that myself. I noticed Leia was waiting for an answer and I fear the answer will only cause her to walk away in anger. On the other hand she deserved to know the truth. “I’ve been asking myself that same question since I learned your mother passed away. I suspect the answer will only cause a further rift.”

Leia placed a hand onto my arm and looked up at me as if searching for the answer but not finding the answer. “I deserve to know the truth.”

I took a deep breath. I’ve gone over the scenario hundreds of times. And the reason I really could come up with was Palpatine wanted Padme out of the way. “Fear of loss of your mother. Palpatine made a promise if I became his pupil, he would teach me to stop someone from dying. I was having dreams of Padme dying and Palpatine used that as leverage against me. It’s a promise that should never be made or explored. I thought I killed her, you and Luke being here now tells me she lived long enough to deliver both of you safely. Padme was a strong political outspoken senator. She could convince thousands of senators with just a few words. She was a threat to Palpatine’s position and he knew it. You really would’ve liked her Leia, and I know she would adore you and Luke.”

“Did he use you to kill Padme?” Leia questioned after a moment of silence.

”I don’t know, it’s possible,” I answered as I closed my eyes. If only I could see Palpatine’s face when he told me I killed her. My reaction his sense of glee through the Force, I paused for a second as I remembered what I sensed in those devastating moments. Palpatine was happy? What have I done? And for what? I attempted to kill my best friend, my wife, I vowed to protect her, love her, and cherish her. Tears sprung to my eyes as I began to remember the last conversation we had. She was the one who was being the voice of reason and I broke her heart after I stopped listening to reason. She pleaded for me to walk away and I almost killed her thinking she betrayed me when I’m the one who betrayed her trust. Before I knew it I was walking away from the Captison’s place. I couldn’t face anyone right now or my children for that matter.

“Anakin, wait,” Leia called out as I heard Han’s voice enquire what was going on.

I didn’t stop walking. I planned to walk back to the small cottage. Before I knew it my feet left the ground and I was hanging five feet in the air. I completely forgot that the Jedi currently on planet could levitate. “Put me down, I want to be alone.”

Leia walked around me and stared at me with a frown. I wondered when and who taught her to tap the Force like this. “Fress and Ahsoka gave me some lessons,” she explained with a frown as Han stared up at me. “Please don’t walk away. Wallowing in self-pity won’t bring Padme back. We need you, Anakin.”

Before I knew it I was wobbling and in danger of crashing to the ground, Leia may have learned but her control was far from perfect. I stretched out with the Force and stabilized myself before Leia’s concentration broke. I lowered myself to the ground staring at her. “Tell Luke I’ll meet him back at the cottage. I need to clear my head.”

“Walking home in those aren’t a good idea,” Leia explained pointing to my new shoes. “Are they even broken into properly?”

I sighed in frustration as I looked down at my shoes and nodded in agreement. They weren’t walking boots and most likely would cause blisters. I glanced at Leia as she took me by the arm.

“If he wants to walk home alone, we should let him go,” Fress commented as she stepped out of the shadows and handed me my walking boots. “At times, he’s better off by himself.”

I accepted them with a grateful smile and changed out of the shoes. “Thanks Fress,” I handed the shoes to her as she accepted them with ease. “I promise not to stew too much this time.”

“You better not or next time I’ll tie you to a chair and make you talk,” Fress threatened with a raised brow.

I gave a short nod as Leia watched me with a worried expression. I gave an encouraging smile before heading back towards the lake. A good five-mile hike appealed to me for some reason. I planned to keep a close eye on Nereus if he knew what I did to Palpatine. I have a feeling he would not hesitate to break this truce first chance he got. I didn’t trust him further then I could throw him.
    earlybird-obi-wan, Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2 DaenaBenjen42

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful and intense =D=

Falcon likes this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice update. Sorry, but I always wanted to slap Anakin upside the head for listening to Palpatine. It is nice that he sees the error of his ways.

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    That's the way I feel about Tarkin and how they treated Ahsoka Tano in season five episodes 18 to 20, if they conducted a proper investigation then Ahsoka wouldn't have been put on trial. It's nice to see where the hate attitudes come between Tarkin and Anakin. These two have never liked each other since the day they met. It also put complete mistrust betwen Anakin and the Council because they stripped Ahsoka's rank. Anakin saved Ahsoka by finding the real culprit and it was just before they read the verdict.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “When I fell to the dark side, I allowed the dark side to destroy who I was and used to stand for. I became diluted thinking I was still doing the right thing and didn’t listen to the right person, when in fact I was the one causing the damage,” I glanced beside me and noticed she was listening to what I was saying. Maybe this won’t be as bad as I thought it would be. “Palpatine did force his will over mine more then once. Instead of defying him, I did as he asked to avoid punishment. It still doesn’t excuse me from my crimes. All I can do is ask for your forgiveness.”

That is the best explanation ever, even though I have bits of a Depeche Mode song playing in the back of my mind (= "Master and servant").

Falcon likes this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Touching update with him revealing how he fell to the dark side

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked along the shoreline and it was just past two in the morning. No matter how hard I tried to fall asleep tonight, I couldn’t. I kept remembering how I sensed Palpatine through the Force the day he told me Padme passed away. His whole gleeful sense should’ve told me he was lying to me or enjoying my pain of loss. He wanted Padme out of the way and used me to do it by putting doubt in my mind, she was most likely helping Mon and Bail make plans for a Rebellion. She tried to warn me we were no longer on the right side anymore and I turned a deaf ear to her reasoning.

The sound of the water hitting the shore would usually lull me to sleep but this time, it did very little to sooth my troubled mind and soul. My mind was racing a mile a minute. I heard a small meow causing me to pause as I felt something rub up against my leg. I glanced down and saw a Pittin? I thought they died on Alderaan, or was it possible others could’ve started breeding them elsewhere. The home world was unknown after all so they couldn’t be all dead. I bent down and picked up the little black and white feline as yellow eyes stared back at me. I wondered who the owner was. “You hungry little fellow?” I questioned as the pittin purred loudly. I put the little guy back down and started walking away. “Go on home, I’m sure you’re owner is worried about you.”

I glanced down and noticed the pittin was tagging along like a dog causing me to smile. Talk about getting confused. I heard rumours that the occasional feline tended to go for walks with it’s owner but never had the occasion to meet one who thought like that. The pittin continued to follow me all the way back to the cottage. I guess it would be up to me to find the owner. I didn’t have time for a pet. I’m sure Leia would love to meet this little guy.

I entered the cottage as the pittin followed me in, I walked to the kitchen and got out a saucer and grabbed the milk out of the fridge. I poured some on the saucer and placed it down at my feet. The pittin greedily drank the milk up and that’s when I noticed the animal looked thin. Maybe he didn’t have a home after all. Or maybe was lost?

I put the milk away and headed to the living area and sat down on the chair. How was I to face Nereus without the armour? The Imperials were used to me being in the living armour and everyone around me so far has lost their instant fear of me. I was so absorbed in my thoughts until I felt something small and furry jump into my lap. I glanced down and watched as the pittin circled a couple of times on my lap before settling down into a small ball of fur.

I placed my hand down and gently stroked the small animal causing him to purr louder. “Well, you have been a welcome distraction my little friend,” I leaned my head against the high back of the chair and listened to the pittin purring until my eyes drifted shut.
    --------------------
    I opened my eyes as I felt something soft and furry bump up against me. I smiled as I looked at the little animal. “Good morning to you too, you hungry?” I questioned as the pittin jumped off my lap and watched me expectantly. I glanced around and noticed Leia and Luke sitting on the couch side by side watching me with small smiles. “Morning.”

“I went out and bought some food for him,” Leia said with a smile. “Hope you don’t mind.”

“Not at all, you know what they eat. I don’t,” I admitted as the pittin continued to watch me while purring loudly. “He followed me home last night. We’ll have to see if an owner is looking for him.”

Leia nodded in agreement as the pittin walked up to her and jumped up into her lap. “I don’t know, he seems pretty comfortable around here already.”

“I don’t have time for a pet,” I stood up and walked to the kitchen. I glanced behind me as Leia gave the pittin a couple of quick pets before he jumped off her lap and followed me. “I think the pittin is confused, thinks it’s a dog,” I joked lightly.

Leia smiled as I started pulling out items to make breakfast. “Have either of you two eaten yet?”

“Not yet, we were asked to join the Captisons for breakfast this morning, and we’re wondering if you would like to come?” Leia quickly questioned causing me to pause. I glanced at her with a frown. “You don’t have to dress formal, casual will be fine. Fress explained to me you didn’t like dressing in a tux. Han’s the same way.”

I smiled knowing that Han and I already shared something in common. “Where is Han?”

“Refresher,” Leia answered as the door opened and Han stepped out with a frown. “Did you want to come?”

I gave a short nod as Greg walked out and stretched a bit. “Greg, want to come to breakfast with us? It’s on me.”

Greg grinned with a small smile then frowned as he caught sight of the small animal. “Where did he come from?”

”Followed me home from the beach last night,” I explained with a small smile, then I noticed the litter box and raised an eyebrow. It looked like Leia went out for more then just food this morning.

”He’s already used it, if we plan to find the owner then you’ll need a few things in the mean time,” Leia explained as she noticed my curious expression.

“Thank you, Leia. I appreciate your help,” I gave a grateful smile as Greg walked to the front door. “I take that as a yes, Greg?”

“I’ll come,” Greg agreed with a smile. “It’ll be nice to get out of the cottage for a few hours.”

The little pittn watched us leave then settled on the chair curling up in a ball. I closed the door and joined the others in the speeder.
    ---------------------------------
    We followed the waitress to the back of the room where Captison, Belden, and Nereus awaited for us. Greg, Luke, and Leia followed behind me and took seats around the table. “Governor Nereus I presume?”

“You honor us with your presence, Lord Vader. I do not welcome you. Last I heard you killed our Emperor,” Nereus explained with a cold stare. “You are now considered a traitor to the Empire.”

“And yet, you allowed me to make the decision last night with this knowledge,” I pointed out with a serious expression. “The threat of the galaxy is at stake.”

“That is why I allowed you to make that decision, from here on out. You will not be allowed to give commands to the Navy,” Nereus explained. “Commander Thanas will conduct the battle in your place.”

“Very well, if that is what you wish, I’m defecting regardless and taking a whole heap of information with me,” I raised an eyebrow challenging waiting for the rebuke to come but none came. “Palpatine has committed crimes well before I was born. He is not innocent as you may have been brain washed to believe and neither am I.”

“Why have you decided to defect, Lord Vader?” Captison questioned with a raised brow.

“My children,” I answered with a defeated sigh. “I was told they died with their mother, I only discovered recently that was a lie to protect them from me. Palpatine attempted to kill my son in front of me.”

“And who are your children?” Nereus questioned with a raised brow.

“I left that up to them if they want to reveal who they are or not,” I answered as Leia tensioned then quickly relaxed.

“Fair enough,” Nereus sat down but I sensed through the Force he may attempt to find out on his own. Unless the twins or I slipped, he won’t find anything. “Senator Captison has brought the papers to sign,” he spoke as he signed the hard copy and handed the pen to Leia.

Leia quickly signed then handed the pen to me. I signed under my assumed alias and not my other name. I haven’t signed as Anakin Skywalker in a long time, after this I could go back to signing with my old name again. Or consider an alias. I handed the flimsy to Leia. “I believe these will be safer with you, Princess and I trust you will take care of them.”

“You have my word, Lord Vader,” Leia answered as she accepted the papers from me. It was done. A temporary truce between enemies and I was no longer considered the right hand man of the Emperor. I no longer wanted the title. I was done with the crimes, killing, lies, and deceit.

Before another word was spoken the waitress walked out with trays of food and placed them down on the table. I grinned at the fine selection of fruits, meats, and breads. “Shall we?”

Leia watched me with a small smile as I continued to rediscover all the different kinds of flavour. I just hoped the two of us could start building on a relationship sometime in the future.
    --------------------
    earlybird-obi-wan, Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2, DaenaBenjen42

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! I enjoyed the scene with the pitten. Nereus ... I hope he's not gonna prove to be troublesome.

Falcon likes this.
  14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I like THIS redeemed Anakin of yours.

He reflects on mistakes of the past.

I kept remembering how I sensed Palpatine through the Force the day he told me Padme passed away. His whole gleeful sense should’ve told me he was lying to me or enjoying my pain of loss. He wanted Padme out of the way and used me to do it by putting doubt in my mind, she was most likely helping Mon and Bail make plans for a Rebellion. She tried to warn me we were no longer on the right side anymore and I turned a deaf ear to her reasoning.

He gets himself a pet, even though unwanted.

“I don’t have time for a pet,” I stood up and walked to the kitchen. I glanced behind me as Leia gave the pittin a couple of quick pets before he jumped off her lap and followed me. “I think the pittin is confused, thinks it’s a dog,” I joked lightly.

And he gives people the choice to decide the future for themselves.

“And who are your children?” Nereus questioned with a raised brow.

“I left that up to them if they want to reveal who they are or not,” I answered as Leia tensioned then quickly relaxed.

I would say he is healing and changing for the better. Basically, "Running to the light".

*has that very song from the Scottish band RUNRIG in her mind now, including musical instruments... dang!

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love to see him with the pittin [face_dancing] Anakin was always more for the technical things;)

Falcon likes this.
  16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    As I entered the cottage the small pittin greeted me with a quick meow then trotted to the bedroom. I followed the little animal as I sensed someone in the house. A young presence, I looked at the bed and saw a young girl not past age ten lying on the bed. Her arm was at an unnatural angle. I believe we have discovered the owner of the pittin and from the looks of it, she was in need of help and protection. The pittin watched me expectantly as I glanced behind me. “Greg can you come here for a minute?” Greg walked to my side and stared at the girl. “Her arm looks broken and there are bruises on her face and no telling where else.”

“We’ll wake her and I’ll give her a physical,” Greg said as he walked towards the bed. “We will have to move the pittin so I can work.”

“All right,” I agreed stepping into the room and headed towards the bed. I sat down at the edge and gently nudged her in case she woke up startled. By the looks of her so far, I did not want her to run off. The girl’s eyes flickered open and she sat up with a gasp. “You’re safe, we won’t hurt you. Is that your pittin?” I questioned gently as she nodded. “What’s his name?”

“Sky Guy,” Kay answered with a small smile causing me to choke on my spit. By the Force she gave him one of my nicknames?

“And what is your name?” I questioned gently as she watched me with a frown.

“Kay Shran,” Kay answered with a smile.

“Greg here is a medic and he’s agreed to check your injuries, but we need to move Sky Guy first,” that was the weirdest thing I ever had to say. I bet Ahsoka would be doubling over with laughter at this point. She was the one who gave me the nickname in the first place. I would have to find out how she heard the name Sky Guy.

Kay nodded as I picked up the pittin and walked out of the room to give Greg room to work. I watched as Ahsoka and Fress walked in with frowns. “When did you get a pet?” Ahsoka questioned.

“I didn’t, he belongs to a girl who is need of help and protection. She entered here…” I paused for a second wondering how Kay got in here in the first place, not unless she picked the locks. I looked at Ahsoka as she smirked. “You let her in here?”

“We came across her in a back alley and she explained to us about the Pittin. What’s his name?” Ahsoka questioned with a smirk.

I sighed as I glanced at the pittin as he stared back at me. I have a sneaking suspicion that Sky Guy was not the Pittin’s real name. I was game to play along. “She told me his name is Sky Guy.”

I paused for a second as Ahsoka started laughing then shook her head. “I can’t believe she went along with that name. His real name is Skeeter.”

“Very funny, Snips,” I sat down on the couch with the animal in my lap. Skeeter purred and curled up in my lap. “Do you know who did this to her?”

Ahsoka settled down in the chair as Fress sat down beside me on the couch. She took my hand into hers and I suddenly had a bad feeling about this. I mentally prepared myself.

“Her parents are Force sensitive. Once Nereus realized it, he black mailed them. In exchange to keep their secret they had to tell him who was in the Rebellion on the planet. They refused, he killed her parents and brutally beat her,” Fress explained as she held onto my hand. “It’s not your fault, Anakin.”

“It is my fault, I helped hunt down and kill any Force sensitives. If I hadn’t done that…” I argued as Ahsoka shook her head.

“It doesn’t matter now,” Ahsoka explained with a serious expression. “And you don’t know that for sure. No one knows when their time is up in this galaxy.”

I closed my eyes as I petted the Pittin. “Does she have any family on planet?”

“No, they were killed,” Ahsoka answered with a frown. “Nereus killed off her family making it difficult for her to go to someone for help.”

“Greg is looking after her injuries. She’ll have to be treated here and we speak of this to no one. The last thing I need is Nereus showing up on my front door step,” I explained with a serious expression as everyone nodded in agreement.

“I hope you’re not too mad we brought her here,” Fress said with a frown. “If we brought her back to the apartment, Nereus would know. He has our apartment under surveillance. We feel she’s safer here.”

“It’s all right, Fress. I’ll keep her safe and Nereus won’t think to look for her here,” I agreed with a smile. Greg walked out with a frown as we turned our attentions to him. “What are your diagnoses, Greg?”

“Her arm is broken and she has several scrapes and bruises, she will recover,” Greg finished with a frown. “I set her arm and gave her something for the pain and she is resting comfortably.”

“Thank you Greg,” I closed my eyes as Skeeter jumped off my lap and disappeared to where Kay was resting.

“How did the signing go?” Fress wanted to know after a minute of silence.

“It went well,” I answered with a sigh. “Nereus has already pegged me a traitor and said I will no longer be considered an authority figure for the Imperials. I signed the papers. It was my last act as Vader. Still, with this truce I wouldn’t trust him as far as I can throw him.”

“And how do you feel about this being your last act as Vader?” Leia questioned causing everyone to look towards the door where she was standing. Han was standing beside her. Still he hasn’t spoken while around me and I could not figure out why. Or maybe it was because he was dating my daughter….

“Relieved. I’m done with the lies, deceits, killing, and crimes,” I answered with a frown as Leia nodded in agreement. “I no longer have a desire to lead or take Palpatine’s place. Let the others fight amongst themselves. It will weaken the Imperial army.”

“That’s good to hear,” Leia walked towards the couch and sat down on my other side. “Where’s the pittin?”

“In the bedroom sleeping on the bed,” I answered with a frown as I watched Leia. I wasn’t sure I could tell her about Kay right away. I didn’t want her to accidentally let it slip to Nereus that I had the girl. I turned my attention to Han as he sat down on a chair beside the one Ahsoka was sitting in. “How is Chewbacca?”

Han didn’t answer causing me to frown. Did something happen to the Wookiee? “Is he all right?”

“He’s working on the Falcon,” Han answered with a frown. “He’s fine.”

Before I could say anything further a noise caused everyone to look at the bedroom door as Skeeter ran out followed by Kay. I stood up and stepped towards Kay and kneeled down to her height. “How are you feeling?”

Kay looked away from me as I saw tears in her eyes. “I can’t stay here. He’ll find me.”

“Yes you can stay here,” I placed a hand on her shoulder and gave her an encouraging smile. “We can protect you. I’m not letting you out of my sight until we have this mess straightened out. You’ll be all right. Nereus is an ambitious man, but he isn’t foolish enough to take me on.”

Kay looked up at the others and frowned. “You’re in danger because of me. I’m Force sensitive. And you know what they do with Force sensitives.”

“Fress and Ahsoka are Jedi Masters,” I explained patiently. “I’m a Jedi Master. I may look young. My son saved my life by transferring my memories from my dying body to my clone. You’re safe here. Get some more rest, you’ll think clearly after a good sleep in a warm bed and something to eat. How does that sound?”

“I guess,” Kay seemed reluctant as I stood up and led her back to the bedroom. We entered the bedroom as I helped her sit on the bed. Skeeter jumped up beside her and nestled himself on one of the two pillows.

I pulled the blanket over her. “I’ll check on you later,” Kay closed her eyes and fell into an uneasy sleep. I watched her for a few minutes before heading back out into the main living area. “She’s resting but I sense she’s uneasy about staying here due to how Nereus treated her.”

Han raised an eyebrow with a slight smirk and I knew the smuggler’s silence might be coming to an end. “What do you know? Big bad Sith Lord is a big softy underneath the black armour.”

“Can we talk later in private?” I questioned with a frown as Han nodded in agreement. I sat back down as I looked at Leia. “You can’t let anyone know she is here. Greg will look after her injuries. He’s a qualified medic.”

“So Luke told me,” Leia looked at me then smiled gently. “It’s all right, Anakin. I promise that none of us will let Nereus or anyone else know she is here. I could never do that to her.”

“I suspected as much,” I turned my attention to Han with a smirk. “So what was Luke’s reaction when Leia kissed Luke?”

“That’s right, brother and sister played tongue twister,” Han smirked with a sly grin causing Leia glare at him. “He enjoyed it very much. He had the I just became a man expression and his sister helped get him there and in more a gloating way.”

Leia stood up and stormed out of the room with a huff. I glanced at Han and raised an eyebrow. “Luke reacted the same way when I teased him,” I smirked then frowned. “I heard you and Fett don’t exactly get a long. Want to know something about Fett?”

Han leaned forward with a curious expression, we finally broken the ice a little. “And what’s that?”

“He was a clone of the original host,” I revealed with a smirk. “The host was a bounty hunter by the name of Jango Fett.”

Han raised an eyebrow looking surprised for a second. “Really? Now that is interesting,” he turned his attention serious. “I’m in love with Leia. Is that the reason you want to talk with me in private?”

“That’s part of it,” I answered honestly. “The other part is asking for your forgiveness.”

Han frowned as Ahsoka and Fress stood up and headed to the kitchen. Greg followed suit giving Han and I privacy. “It seems we’re alone now. I don’t swing that way.”

I rolled my eyes at the joke and shook my head. “Funny I forgot to laugh,” Han smirked as he sat back in his chair. “Han, thank you for helping to look after the twins in the last couple of years. I’m asking for your forgiveness on how I treated you at Cloud City.”

Han raised an eyebrow with a smirk on his face. “I get frisky with your daughter then you see fit to drop me into carbonite sending me off to Jabba the Hutt. Pretty efficient for getting boys out of the way, wouldn’t you say?”

I frowned as I looked into Han’s eyes noting he was joking when I was trying to be serious. What did Leia see in him? “I’m trying to be serious, Han. I didn’t know about Leia at that point.”

“Anakin, I wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t trying to forgive you now, would I?” Han questioned with a small smile. “I’m very much in love with your daughter. I would do anything for her.”

I smiled as I heard the sincerity in Han’s voice. I knew he would be and Leia had every right to choose who she felt was worthy of her attention. I had more respect for Bail on how he raised Leia in my absence. “I can see that. There is a bond between you two in the Force. Fress told me it’s been there since the day you two met. The only way to break it is by death.”

“So you approve of me dating your daughter?” Han questioned sounding surprised.

“Han, you seem like an honourable man despite your past,” I explained with a smile. “My past hasn’t been all that great in the past twenty-one years. So yes I approve. If a slave and queen make it work, a princess and a smuggler can make it work.”

Han raised an eyebrow at the comment. “A slave and queen?”

I took in a deep breath and slowly released my breath. “My mother and I was a slave to Watto, and before that Gardula the Hutt. I met the twins mother when she was the queen of Naboo and she was fourteen at the time.”

“That explains a lot,” Han commented with a frown. “I never understood why you never dealt with slaves. Now it makes sense.”

“You putting up with Threepio is revenge enough for me,” I smirked causing Han to raise an eyebrow.

”And what do you mean by that?” Han questioned after a minute of silence.

“I built the droid after all,” I answered with a feral grin.

“You built Golden Rod?” Han questioned with a surprised expression. “So that was the original plan, wasn’t it?”

It wasn’t intentional but I gave a small sickly grin causing Han to frown. Let him stew on that for a while. Before another word could be spoken Han’s comlink beeped. Han spoke into it then frowned. He looked at me and I knew the expression. “Trouble?”

”At the landing site, something about the Ssi-ruuk landing,” Han answered and shook his head. “Coming off our own transport…”

“That doesn’t sound right,” I had a feeling these were most likely Calamari as I stood up and checked to make sure my lightsaber was on my belt. Ahsoka and Fress walked back in with frowns.

“We heard,” Ahsoka commented as she looked at me with disbelief. “Really?”

”Why not?” I questioned with a raised a brow.

“Fine, I’ll stay here with Kay,” Ahsoka gave a designated sigh. “Some things don’t change, do they, Sky Guy?”

I grinned as I followed Han out of the small cottage and hoped into the speeder he brought with him. Fress had the speeder warmed up already and punched it after I settled in.
    ----------------------------

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Fine, I’ll stay here with Kay,” Ahsoka gave a designated sigh. “Some things don’t change, do they, Sky Guy?”

This update was a great Easter present. And the Ssi-ruuk are in the picture now.

Falcon likes this.
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Fun update with Sky Guy and great moments between Anakin and Han

Falcon likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, I enjoyed this a lot. The pittin and the little joke over the name [face_laugh] I do hope they can keep Kay out of Nereus' clutches. Great cliffie there with the Ssi-Ruuk. =D=

Falcon likes this.
  20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I climbed out of the speeder after Fress brought it to a halt. Han unhooked his blaster as someone called out to us. Chewie was standing beside a female I did not recognize. I nodded off towards where the wookiee and the woman were standing as I headed towards her with a frown. I had a feeling she would not recognize who I was. After what I did, I prefer to keep it that way for now.

“What is going on, Captain?” Fress questioned as she ran towards the woman.

“Some trouble makers are insistent the enemy has landed, General. I can’t get in close enough to make a positive ID,” the Captain explained as she stared at me with a serious expression. “This is an Alliance controlled area. You are not cleared to be here.”

“He’s with us, Captain,” Fress spoke with a frown. “We plan to get him cleared with the Flurry later. He came with Commander Skywalker.”

The captain nodded as I unhooked my lightsaber as a warning tingled in the back of my mind. I pivoted on the back of my heel and ignited my lightsaber in one motion as I felt something hit the blade. “Blaster bolts, great.”

“Think you can track them?” Fress questioned with a raised brow.

“I barely had time to block let alone track,” I answered with a frown as I scanned the area. “Given enough time, I most likely could.” I stepped a foot past the gate as I sensed annoyance from Fress causing me to pause. “Is something wrong?”

“Rushing in head first?” Fress questioned as she crossed her arms over her chest. “Not a good plan.”

“Do you have a better idea?” I questioned with a cocky smirk that usually got underneath her skin.

“Not at the moment,” Fress answered with a heavy sigh. “Just don’t get into trouble.”

“Define staying out of trouble,” I gave a quick wink as I moved into the field with my lightsaber lit. I kept my senses wide open as I sensed Luke pulling up in another speeder. I slowly made my way towards the Alliance shuttle sensing fear coming from that direction. A few more stray bolts missed my head by about an inch. I could smell burnt ozone causing me to pause for a minute.

“This is General Colias of the Alliance, hold your fire and put your weapons down now,” I heard Fress speak over bull horn.

“Chewie, find out where those bolts are coming from and disarm them,” I yelled over my shoulder. I heard the wookiee respond with a cry as I noticed him shaking a tree. It appears Chewie was already two steps ahead of me. I grinned as I noticed some people dropping out of the tree. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I glanced behind me noticing Luke with a frown on his face. “You take the right, I’ll take the left.”

Luke nodded in silent agreement as he worked his way around one half of the shuttle as I made my way around the other half. As I neared the ramp, I came across two bodies lying on the ground. Not good and I knew Leia was going to want to smooth ruffled feathers over. It’s a good thing she took after her mother.

As I circled around the shuttle I came to a stop where Luke was standing talking to two Calamari. I glanced around and watched as Manchisco and Han ran up to us with Chewie and what looked like a group of mischief makers between them. They were wearing civilian clothing causing me to shake my head. “There are two dead bodies on the other side of the shuttle. Are they with the Alliance?”

“No sir they’re not,” the Calamari on the right spoke with a frown as his eyes swiveled in my direction. “They attacked us saying we were the enemy not giving us a chance to explain. We shot them in self defense.”

I glanced at Luke with a frown. “We should give Leia a call and let her know what has taken place. She’ll want to handle this from the diplomatic stand point.”
    Luke had a faraway look in his eyes causing me to frown. I sensed him stretch out with the Force and sensed some disbelief. Luke’s eyes focused as he looked at the group of five. “Tell Nereus the Alliance will patrol this area from now on. You’re not cleared to be here,” he glanced at Manchisco. “Captain, escort this group off the premises.”

“Yes Commander,” Manchisco hesitated as she held out her hand to Luke. “It’s been a pleasure working with you, sir.”

I raised an eyebrow as Luke returned the handshake with a frown. It was kind of an odd thing to say not unless she had a premonition or she planned to leave the Alliance. I wasn’t sure at this point and Luke had a confused expression on his face.

“Let’s go make that call,” Luke walked away as I glanced at Han and Chewie for an explanation. I didn’t know my son well enough yet, something seemed to be bothering him. Han shrugged his shoulders as he glanced at Chewie.

“Let’s go check on the Falcon,” Han stepped away from me as Chewie followed closely behind him.

I sighed and quickly ran to catch up with Luke. I placed a hand on his shoulder. “What’s wrong?”

Luke shook his head as I stretched out and brushed his Force presence. I sensed darkness surrounding him leaving me cold. Luke didn’t say a word and didn’t react to me brushing him. We walked into a holo field as I punched in secure codes for my cottage. Ahsoka picked up. “I used secured codes. Is Leia still there?”

“She is, one sec,” Ahsoka disappeared as Leia appeared a minute later.

“We got the situation under control, two Bakurans attacked some of the Alliance crew members and they killed them in self defense, thought you might want to know,” I explained with a frown as she glanced at Luke.

“Thank you for letting me know, I’ll issue a formal apology to Nereus and to their families,” she turned her attention to Luke with a concerned expression. “What’s wrong, Luke?”

I waited for an answer as Luke’s face turned red. “This isn’t a secure channel, Leia.”

“Let’s go back to my place and we’ll make some hot chocolate and talk about what’s bugging you,” I raised a challenging eyebrow as Luke walked away. “Is he always this stubborn?”

Leia nodded as I glanced at Luke’s retreating back. How the heck did Padme put up with me like this? It would drive anyone crazy. “We’ll see you shortly.” I disconnected the channel and quickly caught up with Luke. I climbed into the driver’s side and lifted the speeder in the air. I planned to make a special stop first, I wanted to share some of Bakura’s special candy with the twins. Some of the special hot chocolate for Luke. It was known to loosen someone’s tongue.
    --------------------------------------
    I mixed up some liquor and candy as Leia sat down on the sofa sitting beside Luke. I asked the others to make themselves scarce for a couple of hours allowing me some alone time with the twins together. I walked back to the sofa and placed the tray down on the coffee table. Leia was watching Luke with concern as I handed Luke and Leia each a cup. I handed the special mix to Luke and just plain hot chocolate to Leia. I wasn’t too worried about her yet. Luke has been way too silent for the last few hours. “It’s just the three of us but Kay is in the bedroom resting, what is on your mind, son?”

Luke took a quick sip of the chocolate and smiled, Leia glanced at me suspiciously. I shrugged my shoulders and took a sip of mine. “This is good, what is it called?”

“Hot chocolate,” I answered before Leia had a chance to respond. “It tastes good with mint as well,” I placed my cup down and cleared my mind. “Did you have a vision last night? You’ve been too quiet in the last few hours. Is something bothering you?”

Luke frowned as he took another sip and I noticed it was beginning to take effect. His facial features relaxed and he smirked causing Leia to raise an eyebrow and shot me, a what did you just do glare. Maybe I mixed a little too much of the other ingredient in it. “I did have a vision last night,” I gestured for Luke to continue. “I had a vision that I was captured on the enemy vessel and I didn’t realize my soul was switched into a robot body. I tried to defend myself but they had a restraining bolt on me.”

I froze as I heard this. Luke had a vision but I also had to remember the future was always in motion. Maybe it was a warning for Luke. I leaned back on the sofa. “The future is always in motion and not set in stone, it’s just one path of many. Just look at it this way. It’s your chance to change something to avoid this path. Visions can also be a warning and if you take it in stride. You can change that vision. Meditate on the vision. Allow the Force to guide you into revealing more.”

Luke gave a small grateful smile and I sensed he was more relaxed. “I really like Gaeriel, but I’m not sure she’s the girl for me. I get the feeling she won’t leave Bakura.”

I smiled, Luke had a crush and it wasn’t on his sister this time. “If it was meant to be, it’ll happen regardless. You will meet a lot of girls and when you find the one, you will just know in your heart with no doubt.”

Luke fell silent again as he let out a small giggle. “What did you put in this?”

Leia raised an eyebrow towards me as she waited for an answer. “It’s a harmless herb that makes someone talk and don’t worry, Leia. I only put it in Luke’s drink. The effects should wear off in an hour. Luke you’re too much like me, when something bothers me I don’t talk to anyone.”

“Padme had to get you to talk?” Leia questioned with a frown.

“Yes she did, she was very insistent until I opened up about what was wrong,” I explained with a frown. “I have missed her every day. She was my best friend.”

Leia glanced at the chrono and stood up. “I have to meet with Nereus and Captison in twenty minutes. I should get going. Thanks for the treat, Anakin.”

“You’re welcome, Leia,” I watched her leave as Kay walked out of the bedroom and sat down in the chair across from the sofa.

“Did you want some hot chocolate?” I questioned with a soft smile. Kay nodded as she glanced at Luke who was pretty much giggling nonstop.

“Please leave the herb out of mine,” Kay answered as she watched Luke.

“I promise I won’t put the herb in,” I stood up as Skeeter followed me to the kitchen. The pitten never left Kay’s side and I had a feeling he never would. He was a loyal little critter.
    -----------------------------------------

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Oh Luke opened up allright. :) Helps for being more on guard. [face_thinking]

Falcon likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Anakin knows how to open up Luke and gives good advise

Falcon likes this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “I promise I won’t put the herb in,” I stood up as Skeeter followed me to the kitchen. The pitten never left Kay’s side and I had a feeling he never would. He was a loyal little critter.

Skeeter?

* nudges the author of this story

Did you also read "The Help"? :);)

Anyway, great update. Things are as they should be in your SW version.

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    No, I haven't read the book called the Help

I had to google the title and to see what the connection was.

There was a character on the Muppets called Skeeter. That's what I remember and most likely how I got the name ;)

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Luke had finally calmed down from the herb as it wore off. He was now glaring at me as if I just threatened to have him committed. I shrugged my shoulders and stood up ignoring the glare. Maybe there was a better way to go about it, if I knew myself. There wasn’t too many options open. “What are your plans today?”

“Meeting with Thanas this afternoon in an hour,” Luke answered as he stopped glaring giving a reluctant sigh.

Explains why he was glaring at me. He could easily let it slip that Kay was with me or Luke was my son. If I had known that I wouldn’t have given him the herb. “Maybe I should go with you, just in case the herb hasn’t completely cleared your system.”

“I thought you wanted to keep a low profile?” Luke reminded me with a raised brow.

“That was the original plan until it became known I was still alive and planet side,” I explained patiently. I paused for a second wondering if I need even worry. It appears the herb has cleared his system and he was more under control. I decided to give a small innocent test. “Besides the Hoth Base, did you and Leia kiss any other time?”

“On the first Death Star before we swung across the abyss,” Luke answered honestly as his face turned red.

“And what are your clearance codes for the Alliance?” I questioned with a raised brow.

Luke rattled off his clearance codes causing him to stop as he looked at me funny. “A truth herb?”

“If I had known you were meeting with Commander Thanas I wouldn’t have slipped it in your drink. You can’t go, you’re an open book of information right now, maybe a little too open,” I explained with a serious expression.

Luke cursed under his breath as I watched him. “Next time I’ll talk minus the herb.”

I nodded in agreement as I watched him. “Did you want to reschedule or just allow me to tag along?” Maybe the herb will be out of his system by the time he needed to meet with Commander Thanas.

“He made a request to come alone. I’m taking Artoo with me,” Luke answered. “I had him download the information off the Flurry earlier this morning.”

“What are your plans to do with that information?” I questioned wondering if I should go in Luke’s place.

“To exchange information with Thanas in hopes of gaining more information on the Ssi-Ruuk,” Luke answered. “Maybe I shouldn’t be going.”

“Did you want to come?” Luke questioned after a minute of silence causing me to smirk. “I take that was a yes. Someone should stay with Kay…”

“I will,” a voice spoke from behind them causing me to look up with a frown.

“Thanks Greg,” I stood up and handed him a comlink. “If you need me you can reach me on this comlink,” Greg accepted the comlink with a smile. “Thanas doesn’t have to know I’m there,” I smirked causing Luke to raise an eyebrow. “I can sneak around.”

“Why do I suddenly have a bad feeling about this,” Luke muttered under his breath. “No sneaking around.”

“All right, we’ll do it your way,” I grinned knowing this will come as a shock to Thanas, I haven’t seen him since the front lines of the Clone Wars. The only thing that worried me was, it won’t take long for him to make the connection between Luke and I. “Just as a warning, I knew Thanas during the clone wars. If he looks shocked to see me…”

Luke shook his head as we headed to the front door. “There’s that bad feeling again.”

It won’t be so bad, I thought to myself. I also knew the cat was about to be let out of the bag. I’m sure he’ll see Padme in Leia enough to know who my wife was. I’m surprised no one caught onto why we hung around each other so much. Everyone thought we were close friends and not husband and wife. We had almost everyone fooled. I have a feeling Obi-Wan suspected something was going on, if he did I’m surprised he never brought it to the council’s attention.
    I sat down beside Luke on the speeder as the guard continued to shoot me a dirty look. I shrugged my shoulders ignoring him. Lucky for him I promised the twins I would be my on best behavior. It wasn’t hard to do anymore. The older you get the more patient you become. The speeder gave a slight jolt as Artoo remained silent. They asked Luke to shut him down for the journey through the Imperial Garrison until we reached Thanas’s office.

I looked around noting all the storm troopers guarding entrances and the maintenance crew walking rapidly back and forth. Two troopers looked towards us and I sensed curiosity with no hostile intent as I felt Luke stretch out with the Force. I heard something fall with a loud bang causing the troopers to rush over to see what the noise was about. I glanced at Luke and shook my head. “They were curious but I sensed no hostile intent.”

“You never know,” Luke reasoned as we came to stop where a man in his mid-fifties was standing at ease with his arm behind the small of his back. I blinked my eyes a couple of times, he has gotten a lot older since I last saw Thanas. I stood up from the speeder as the driver untied my hands as I brought both forward rubbing the wrists to rub a bit of the tenderness out. “Commander Thanas.”

Thanas stared at me looking dumb founded as I walked towards him with a frown. He turned his attention to Luke then back to me again. “General Skywalker?”

“Commander, it has been a long time,” I answered in a formal tone. “I hope you don’t mind I tagged along,” so far it seems the herb has finally cleared Luke’s system. He stopped being talkative just before we reached the garrison.
    “It’s been a long time, General,” Thanas said as he gestured towards his office. “This way,” I could sense questions brewing in his mind but he waited until we were behind closed doors before saying anything further. “You look young still, what’s your secret or did you clone yourself?”

“I cloned myself,” I answered as Luke sat down in a chair. “There is a technique for a Force user to transfer our memories from the original host.”

“I see,” Thanas sat down behind his desk as he toyed with something underneath the desk as maintenance personal pushed Artoo into the room. As soon as the two men left he looked from Luke to me and back to Luke again. “Are you and Commander Skywalker related?”

I glanced at Luke giving him the choice if he wanted to answer or not. “He’s my father,” he answered simply causing Thanas to raise an eyebrow.

“I don’t remember you seeing anyone….” Thanas stopped talking as he stared at me again. “Leia Organa, she’s yours too isn’t she?”

“You didn’t hear it from me,” I answered simply as Thanas gave a nod of agreement. “Please keep that to yourself. She’s still coming to terms with me being her father.”

“Shall we get down to business?” Thanas questioned after another minute of silence.

“May I?” Luke questioned as he gestured to Artoo as Thanas nodded as Luke turned Artoo back on. “Artoo bring up the final minutes of the battle.”

Artoo projected the minute the Alliance intercepted the battle causing me to feels chills go up my back. The Ssi-Ruuk were close to breaking the planet blockaide. It looked like the Alliance arrived barely in time. “Luke, when you were in the maintenance hangar yesterday, what was your impressions?”

“They’re going to need longer repair breaks then the Alliance will need, most of the fighters and cruisers are pretty banged up,” Luke answered with a frown. “Leia contacted Mon Mothma requesting for backup, considering the battle over Endor it will take three weeks for them to get here. By then the Ssi-Ruuk will be making another push before any more help can arrive.”

I grimaced at the thought of the Battle of Endor. It was a waste of energy, resources, and time protecting a weapon that destroyed an entire planet. What a waste, what was going through my mind and how did I figure that weapon was okay to exist? “Between the Alliance and Imperials,we have five full size battle cruisers, two mid-size and seven squadrons.”

“With the Ssi-Ruuk?” I questioned with a frown. It wasn’t much to work with and I suspect the Ssi-Ruuk came with a much larger force.

“Twice as much,” Luke reported with a frown.

Not a promising situation. “And one irregular freighter,” Thanas pointed out.

“Where do you get your resources from?” Luke questioned with a raised brow.

“That’s not for me to say,” Thanas answered back. “Where do you get yours?”

“Open eyes,” Luke answered with a challenging expression causing me to smile proudly. The kid knew how to hold his own.

Half an hour went by and both Thanas and Luke had worked out a defense plan. Even though Nereus said I would not be in command of the Imperial Fleet anymore, Thanas was more than happy to hear my ideas. Or maybe he didn’t know who I used to be. I watched as Luke stood up and gave a demonstration with his lightsaber.

The storm troopers left as Thanas dismissed them. Watching Luke deflect blasts made me proud, he has come a long way in his training. Thanas stared at me with a grin. “Would you two care to fight your way out of the garrison for fun?”

“Not today, Thanas,” I answered as Luke placed his blade on his belt. “I promised the twins I would be behave today.”

“I bet,” Thanas was quiet for a minute before posing a question. “Is it true, you are Lord Vader?”

“It’s true,” I answered honestly. “Becoming Vader destroyed my life. I’m attempting to get it back but it won’t be the same. Not without Padme by my side. The Imperials are wrong in the war. Palpatine lied about what happened the day he declared the Empire.”

“The Jedi didn’t attack him?” Thanas now looked interested as he perked up a bit. “That’s the story he told everyone.”

I shook my head as Luke watched me with a curiosity of his own. “No, Palpatine was the Sith Master the Council was searching for. I told Master Windu. They went to arrest Palpatine for treason. He killed the council members. They were looking to end the war and when first Dooku and then Grievous were killed, Palpatine refused to lay down the emergency powers. He manipulated a lot of senators into giving him the powers in the first place. Padme told me he manipulated her to cast a vote of no confidence against Vallorm. Palpatine deliberately invaded his home plant to gain sympathy votes. Palpatine was working both sides of the enemy line, both the Republic and the Separatists army. Some senators were becoming suspicious of Palpatine, that’s about the same time whispers of beginning a rebellion began to circulate, it was near the end of the Clone Wars when Padme approached me, stating she felt we were no longer on the right side of the war. The Empire is built on lies, deceit and crimes, nothing more. “

“Anakin, when this is all over. I want to defect, knowing this now. I don’t want to stay with the Imperials,” Thanas commented with a frown.

“I have a feeling when we’re done with the Ssi-Ruuk, I suspect Bakura won’t stay with the Empire,” I commented with a smile. “That won’t be a problem, I’ll talk to Leia for you if you want.”

“Thank you, Anakin, now if you will excuse me I have a battle to prepare for. I’ll be in touch with you soon, Commander Skywalker.”

Luke nodded as he walked to my side as we headed out of the office. I had a feeling some of the Imperials would back down as soon as they heard the truth on how Palpatine rose to power. I had a feeling that the truth may not be enough.
    -----------------------------
    @earlybird-obi-wan, @Nyota's Heart, @Jedi_Lover, @AzureAngel2, @DaenaBenjen42

AzureAngel2 likes this.