main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A secret Ally Dear Diary Challenge 2014 Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 1, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That was a very promising meeting with Thanas. I always liked him. He seems a good judge of character and decisive. [face_thinking]

Falcon likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “Anakin, when this is all over. I want to defect, knowing this now. I don’t want to stay with the Imperials,” Thanas commented with a frown.

“I have a feeling when we’re done with the Ssi-Ruuk, I suspect Bakura won’t stay with the Empire,” I commented with a smile. “That won’t be a problem, I’ll talk to Leia for you if you want.”

Why do I share the same sentiment about Bakura? I read some EU books. Oh wait, the EU is but a friction of imagination out of a sudden... a well, your stuff is well written. No matter what Disney says!

Falcon likes this.
  3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Luke took this opportunity to check in on the fleet as I walked into the cottage. Greg greeted me with a smile. I sat down on the couch as I returned the smile. “Is Kay resting?”

Greg nodded as he sat down in the chair across from the couch. “She’s resting. She seems a little more at ease since Fress and Ahsoka brought her in.”

I nodded in agreement as I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. “I would be uneasy about staying here too if I was in her position,” I pointed out as I felt sleep beckon me. I didn’t sleep well the previous night so a nap was beginning to sound like a good idea.

“Ani, are you awake?” A familiar voice questioned causing me to turn towards the voice.

Padme? I questioned silently to myself as I looked up into a beautiful face. Was this a memory or a dream? “I am now,” I answered as Padme gently smiled and ran her fingers through my hair. “I love you.”

“I love you, Ani and you’re not dreaming,” Padme commented causing me to frown. I didn’t say anything or did I in this memory. “I missed you.”

“And this isn’t a memory,” Padme said with a saddened smile. “I missed you too.”

I raised a hand and traced her jaw. “Please forgive me,” I whispered. “I hurt you in the worst possible way.”

“I already have,” Padme whispered back as she laid down beside me. “I’m proud of Luke and Leia. I love both of them. Please let them know that.”

“I will,” I promised as I wrapped my arms around her. I didn’t want this vision to end. All I wanted to do was hold and kiss her. “Is there a reason you’re invading my dreams, my love?”

"It's the will of the Force for you to train and raise Kay," Padme whispered gently. "She can give you something that Leia is not ready to give," she saddened her expression. "She's still angry with you, and it will take some time for you two to start a father daughter relationship, first she has to truly forgive you for your actions," she raised a hand and laid it against my cheek as I closed my eyes. Leia may not be acting angry, she's sure good at hiding it when around me. Which considering our previous encounters was unusual. I knew she had my temper. "There is something else you need to know, my love, Nereus plans to hand you over to the enemy since you killed Palpatine. You need to free Dev otherwise he will die by those taking care of him. Luke will not be able to keep him safe and you will do what needs to be done without hesitation. Be cautious if Nereous decides to share a meal with you."

A warning, I thought as I gently caressed Padme's cheek. He may try and infect me with something. Best to keep eating at home and buying my own stuff. I didn't want this vision to end. I stared into Padme's beautiful eyes and felt a pang of regret. She died to protect Luke and Leia from me. "I don't want this vision to end."

"It has too, Ani," Padme spoke in a saddened tone. "Don't worry you and I will be together sometime in the future. If you decide to move on with someone else, you have my blessing to do so."

I didn't plan to move on. I loved Padme too much to even consider moving on. On the other hand I never knew what the future held in store. I stroked her cheek as she leaned forward and our lips met in a goodbye kiss bringing tears to my eyes.

My eyes slowly focused as I looked around and noticed Leia was watching me with a frown. I looked out the window and noted it was dark out. How long have I been asleep for and how much does Leia know about my meeting with Thanas? I hoped Luke kept that to himself. More importantly I noticed I had teared up while asleep. I quickly dried my eyes and stood up. I headed to the kitchen to make something light to eat considering it was late in the evening. "Did you want anything to drink? Maybe an evening tea?" I called over my shoulder but noticed Leia had followed me.

"I'm fine, thank you," Leia sat down at the kitchen table as the pitten meowed at my feet. I smiled as I bent down and petted Skeeter. "Who were you dreaming about?"

"Your mother's spirit came to me in my sleep," I answered honestly as I stopped what I was doing. I wanted to be alone at the moment. I felt my heart ache to hold Padme one last time if nothing else. "She wants you to know she's proud of you and loves you."

``What else did she say?" Leia questioned in a curiosity tone. "You were crying in your sleep."

"You're still angry with me," I answered leaving the other half of the conversation out. "I shouldn't be surprised, you have my temper and sarcasm," I sat down at the table and watched Leia's reactions. Her features froze like a pittin caught in a speeders headlights. "I understand why. I really did mess up. Here I am, the man who helped give you life but managed to destroy the family in a matter of an afternoon. Bite my head off, lecture me if you want. Get it out of your system."

Leia shook her head as I watched her in concern. "I can't now, maybe three weeks ago I would have but after seeing the way you behave now, it's making it difficult too," she answered with a sigh.

"What, you're not my daughter, the one who has not inherited my temper and sarcasm?" I questioned with a raised brow. "Pretend it's three weeks ago, pretend I’m not here in front of you, what would've you said to me then?” I paused for a second and then threw in the wild card. “Pretend I’m still Vader.”

“Why?” Leia questioned as pain crossed her features. “Why do you want me to do that? Every night after you interrogated me and destroyed Alderaan. I keep having the same dream over and over again,” by now Leia was in tears and I knew I had hurt her deeply. “I keep searching the Death Star looking for the abortion switch to stop it from happening. It was my people, my father, my family. It doesn’t matter how hard I search I can’t stop it. I want the nightmares to stop. How could anyone think destroying a planet was the right thing to do?”

“It wasn’t the right thing to do,” I agreed as I felt my heart go out to her. “The battle at Endor was a waste of resources over a weapon that shouldn’t be allowed to exist,” I saw her eyes widened in surprise as I reached for her hands. “You need to let go of the guilt, Leia. There was no way of changing Tarkins mind about using the weapon on Alderaan. He was and always has been a very ambitious man. It was beyond your control, it’s not your fault. The sooner you realize that, the sooner the nightmares will stop.”

Leia’s lip trembled as I stood up and walked behind her. I placed my hand on her shoulder but she didn’t flinch or react to the touch. She stood up and threw herself into my arms. All I could do was stand there and hold her as she cried in frustration and pain. I closed my eyes allowing her to have this. I helped cause this pain she was feeling. There was nothing I could say to her to take it away. My baby girl was hurting due to my past actions. No pain a father should ever cause their children.

I held her for a good five minutes before she began to calm down a bit. I gently led her to the couch and allowed her to sit down. Leia continued to cling to me, which was a little surprising but I didn’t mind. I never got to hold her before now. I closed my eyes and rubbed her back gently as she calmed down a little. I loved her and could never do that to her again.
    TBC

Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover AzureAngel2, DaenaBenjen42

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awwww! on both scenes/moments of achieving more closure/closeness =D=

Falcon likes this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That was a precious moment for father and daughter! Also liked his vision with Padmé talking to him from the realm of the Dead!

[face_love]

Falcon likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great moments between Anakin and Padmé and Leia
    Wonderful update

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I slowly blinked my eyes open, as my mind focused. I went to move and noticed extra weight leaning against me. I glanced beside me and noticed my arm was wrapped protectively around Leia. I gently picked her up into my arms and stood. I laid her on the couch placing a pillow under her head. I picked up the blanket hanging off the back of the couch and pulled it over Leia.

I gently kissed Leia on the forehead wishing I could turn back time. “I love you, my sweet daughter.” I stood up to my full height and walked to the chair and sat down. There weren’t too many places to sleep in here. Maybe it was time to consider a few fold up beds in here since I was having more company as of late.

I glanced at the window noting it was still dark out. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes as sleep beckoned me some more.
    ---------------
    My nose twitched smelling something causing me to drool a bit. I cracked open an eye and noticed Leia was already up. Greg and Kay were sitting on the couch watching me as I felt something bump up against me. Skeeter had nestled himself on my lap causing me to smile. If I wanted a pet or not, it looked like Skeeter and Kay were a packaged deal. I straightened myself in the chair as my stomach growled. “What smells good?”

“Leia is making breakfast,” Greg explained. “She just got up and started cooking.”

“Fress and Ahsoka are in there helping her,” Kay explained with a small smile. “Hope you’re okay with that?”

“I’m fine with it,” I answered as Leia walked into the living area. “Morning Leia.”

“Morning Anakin,” Leia bent over me and kissed me on the cheek causing me to look at her with a curious expression. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome,” I leaned back as she disappeared back into the kitchen. Maybe there was hope for a father and daughter relationship, but I also knew it was going to take time to repair the damage.

“I take it you did some talking last night?” Greg questioned with a curious expression.

“We did,” I answered honestly. “Made some progress. It’s going to take time to repair the damage,” Greg gave a short nod in agreement as I turned my attention to Kay. “How are you feeling this morning?”

“A little better,” Kay answered with a nervous smile. “I’m happy not to have to run anymore. Thank you, Anakin.”

“You’re welcome, sweetheart,” I watched her with a concerned expression. “Kay, how would you feel if I asked you to be my padawan learner?”

“Really?” Kay’s face lit up with a bright smile. “Would love too,” she paused for a second as she looked at Skeeter sitting on my lap. “One condition…”

”I know you and Skeeter come together, it’s fine,” I answered with a smile.

Kay smiled as she slid off the couch and climbed into my lap as Skeeter jumped up to the corner of my chair. I gently hugged Kay careful not to bump her arm. This is what I have been missing all of this time.

I glanced towards the door as Rex, Jess, Han, and Luke walked into the cottage. “Well, look who decided to join us for breakfast?” No wonder all three were in there making breakfast they must be making enough for everyone.

“Morning Anakin,” Rex greeted with a tight smile as Jess nudged him from behind. “We just received word Nereus made a deal with the enemy…”

“Nereus made a deal to hand me over to the enemy in seventy-two hours,” I cut off Rex in midsentence causing the man to look surprised.

“How did you know that?” Rex questioned with a raised brow.

“Padme came to me in my sleep last night,” I explained with a serious expression. “She told me,” causing Jess to curse under his breath. “I’m taking on Kay as my padawan learner. She’s strong enough in the Force to train.”

“Congrats,” Jess said with a small smile. “You look cute holding her and you just lost your tough guy credibility.”

“Funny, Jess have you tied the knot with Fress yet?” I questioned causing the color to drain in Jess’s face. “I thought not. What’s taking you so long? Ahsoka and Rex have already done so.”

“I can’t believe you’re bringing this up,” Jess muttered under his breath as he walked to the couch and sat down. “If we survive this battle we plan to do so.”

I smiled knowing I managed to get underneath Jess’s skin a little. “I’m happy to hear it, you two make a great couple,” Kay leaned against me as I gently held her in my arms. This little treasure needed to be protected. “Luke, I need to discuss something with you and Leia later about something important.”

“Sure father,” Luke answered as he sat down on the couch beside Jess as Leia walked back out and announced that breakfast was ready.

I allowed Kay to slide off my lap before I stood up and followed the others into the main dining area. It smelled really good. Eggs, sausage, bacon, toast and pancakes, everything looked delicious. They sure went to a lot of work this morning. “Thank you for making breakfast, everything looks great, let’s eat,” I complimented with a smile as everyone sat down at the table.
    ------------------
    Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, earlybird-obi-wan, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Delightful progress and decision about Kay. Breakfast sounds fabulous too. ;)

9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice update!

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A new padawan is great for Anakin

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I gently kissed Leia on the forehead wishing I could turn back time. “I love you, my sweet daughter.” I stood up to my full height and walked to the chair and sat down. There weren’t too many places to sleep in here. Maybe it was time to consider a few fold up beds in here since I was having more company as of late.

Glad that personal issues got fixed and a family grows together. Also glad that Ani also gets other second chances... :D

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I sat on the cottage porch enjoying the couch swing I installed earlier this afternoon. Finally, something I could put together with tools. I missed fixing fighters and robots, it helped me feel more like myself. I swung back and forth on the swing as I watched the sun begin to lower. It was a beautiful spot to put a cottage, on the other side of the road was the lake.

“Can I sit?” Kay questioned with a small smile as I patted the cushion beside me. She hopped up and leaned into me as I placed an arm protectively around her. “Why do you think Nereus will not look for me here?”

I was hoping she would not remember that part of the conversation. I fear my answer may cause her to run from me. That’s the last thing I wanted to see happen. If she ran, she risked Nereus’s search party finding her quicker. “Can I answer that one later? I’m not ready to tell you the reason why. I fear you may run from me if I do.”

Kay fell silent and I sensed her tense a bit at my answer. She sat up and traced my face with a hand and frowned. I didn’t flinch at the touch but it caused me to be on guard as if she was trying to figure out why I didn’t want to tell her. “Did you do something bad?”

I fell silent as she waited patiently for me to answer as I gave a short nod. “I did something in my past that I completely regret,” and I’m partially the reason you’re in this predicament in the first place, I silently added to myself.

“Ahsoka and Fress trust you,” Kay pointed out with a frown. “I know they’re with the Rebellion. If they didn’t trust you, they wouldn’t have brought me here,” she paused for a second as another thought caught up with her. “You said you needed to transfer your memories to a clone. Is that because you’re body was beyond repair?”

Smart and bright I thought with an inward smile. “Yes it was beyond repair,” and just that statement alone should clue her in a bit. Kay watched me with intensive blue eyes waiting patiently for me to finish. “I was Vader.”

“I know,” Kay closed her eyes causing me to feel surprised. “I overheard some of the conversations between you and the others.”

“If you knew, why didn’t you let on sooner?” I questioned in a curious tone.

“I wanted to make sure you wouldn’t hurt me,” Kay answered honestly. “I wasn’t sure but everyone didn’t fear you. They seemed to trust you.”

“I can understand. I helped make a mess of things for a lot of people,” I admitted with a saddened tone. “I’m not that person anymore.”

Kay was silent as she snuggled in closer to me as I gently tightened my grip around her. This little girl wanted security and reassurance that she would be safe. “Thank you for helping me.”

“You’re welcome, sweetheart. I partially feel responsible that you’re in this predicament in the first place,” I took a deep breath as Kay kissed me on the cheek.

“Not your fault,” Kay reassured with a saddened expression. “Nereus is the one who killed them not you.”

That was one way of looking at it. I closed my eyes as I felt her shift a little. “Did you want to tell me about your parents?” I questioned in a gentle tone but heard a whimper. I opened my eyes and saw tears in her eyes. “It helps when you talk about it. It makes things a little easier.”

“I miss them,” Kay answered in a shaky tone. “Nereus shot mom first,” she whimpered causing a sinking feeling to settle in the pit of my stomach. Just like Fress, she witnessed the death of her parents. “Dad told me to run and not look back, then Nereus sent out people to look for me attempting to beat me to death, if Fress and Ahsoka had not come along, I would’ve died,” she wiped the tears with her good arm. “Dad said he and mom would always love and be with me,” her shoulders were trembling at this point. “I don’t know what that means.”

“It means their spirits are watching over you. Jedi have a way to retain their memories beyond death,” I explained causing her to look at me. “They love you right?” She nodded as I allowed her to crawl onto my lap. I gently hugged her small frame to my larger one. I knew I was falling in love with this little girl. “As long as you remember the good times, they will live forever in your heart.”

“What will happen to me,” Kay whispered after a minute of silence. “I’m scared.”

“You’ll be all right,” I whispered reassuringly. “You have nothing to worry about, sweetie,” I held her until she settled down and was beginning to fall asleep in my arms. I picked her up into my arms and stood. I walked back into the cottage and headed towards the bed. I laid her down and pulled a blanket over her. Skeeter settled on a pillow beside Kay and began purring loudly. I patted him on the head. He was a great little companion for her.
    -------------------
    I sat down at the table as Luke and Leia sat down with curious expressions. They were most likely wondering what I was going to talk to them about. I took a deep breath and slowly released it. “I had a vision where your mother came to me in my sleep. We talked about certain topics. Before I begin she asked me to pass on a message to the both of you first. She’s proud of your accomplishments. And she loves you both very much. There was a topic about Kay. She told me it’s the Will of the Force for me to raise and train her. I was thinking of adopting her all together. I’m not sure how the two of you feel about that?”

Luke sat back in his chair as Leia chewed on her lower lip. I decided to let them have this little moment of silence to let in what I just said sink in. The family was just barely back together and we had a long way to go before we began to smooth things over.

“I think it’s a good idea,” Leia commented after a few minutes of silence. “It’ll do you some good.”

I raised an eyebrow in her direction causing Leia to flash a reassuring smile as I felt some of the tension ease. Luke nodded in agreement as he grinned. “A little sister sounds like fun. Just make sure Leia doesn’t influence her with the Icy Princess attitude,” which in turn received a glare from Leia.

I felt relief wash through me. I wasn’t sure how they would handle it, but we’re all adults here now. It’s not like I’m talking to preteens. Just the one thought alone caused guilt to rush through me. I missed everything in their life until now. They were both adults now. I took a few deep breaths attempting to calm the anxiety I was suddenly feeling, something I wasn’t used to feeling. I closed my eyes allowing the sensation to pass as I took a few more deep breaths and released them slowly.

I felt a hand on my shoulder causing me to open my eyes and looked up. Leia was standing over me with concern etched on her features. “Are you all right, father?” She asked in a concerned tone.

I felt stunned with her addressing me as her father. I didn’t deserve that kind of title from her. I didn’t know she would even address me as such. Bail raised her, I just gave her life. “I don’t deserve that title, I lost the right a long time ago, Bail raised you not me. I just gave you life. My first name is fine.”

“Don’t you think I can decide if you lost that right or not?” Leia challenged in a hurt tone. “Bail will always be in my heart as the one who raised me. Everyone deserves a second chance.”

“All right,” I conceded as I closed my eyes. “It dawned on me that I missed everything in your lives. It seems like yesterday your mother was telling me she was pregnant and now you’re both adults….” This was hurting me more then I realized at first.

“You’re not missing anything else,” Leia reassured with a smile. “And that is what’s making a difference for me.”

“You’re here now,” Luke agreed with a smile. “I’ve always wanted to get to know you.”

Luke stood up and joined Leia as we fell into a group hug. I held the twins in my arms feeling more love for them by the day. We were drawing closer together on a daily bases and I knew there was absolutely no way I could never fall to the dark side again. I wanted to be close to my children and to do that, I had to keep myself on the straight and narrow or otherwise I risk breaking their hearts. We stayed like this for the next several minutes and I knew somehow Leia had found it in herself to forgive me. That made my heart want to soar. Every moment I spent with the twins I treasured.
    --------------
    Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2, earlybird-obi-wan, DaenaBenjen42

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I adore family mush just about as much as couple mush. I'm a squishy happy goo puddle. :D :D

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He is sweet with Kai and now with his children.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I felt a hand on my shoulder causing me to open my eyes and looked up. Leia was standing over me with concern etched on her features. “Are you all right, father?” She asked in a concerned tone.

I felt stunned with her addressing me as her father. I didn’t deserve that kind of title from her. I didn’t know she would even address me as such. Bail raised her, I just gave her life. “I don’t deserve that title, I lost the right a long time ago, Bail raised you not me. I just gave you life. My first name is fine.”

“Don’t you think I can decide if you lost that right or not?” Leia challenged in a hurt tone. “Bail will always be in my heart as the one who raised me. Everyone deserves a second chance.”

This was a great moment. One of many in this gorgeous & deep update!

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked into Nereus’s office. Just as Padme predicted Nereus had plans for me. He gestured for me to take a seat causing me to frown as I sat down. What did Nereus plan to do to me that caused Padme to warn me? “You wanted to see me?”

“There are rumors, Lord Vader,” Nereus commented with a frown. “I’m wondering what’s true and what’s false?”

“Depends on what the question is, for the record Nereus, I wouldn’t trust you as far as I could throw you,” I grunted in a warning tone.

“Why is that Lord Vader? Or should I address you formally as Master Skywalker?” Nereus questioned with a raised brow. “Is Commander Skywalker one of the children you spoke of?”

I remained quiet wondering who told Nereus my real name as he waited for a response from me. This was about to get interesting. “Who is your resource?”

“Come now, Master Skywalker. Thanas’s office is bugged in case you were wondering. I know you made contact with the traitor two days ago, and I know he plans to join the Alliance when all of this is over with,” Nereus explained with a frown. “Organa is yours, isn’t she? I should’ve seen it before. She has your charming temperament. Who was the mother?”

“None of your business,” I snapped back restraining myself from reaching across his desk and strangling him. “Stay out of my private life, Nereus,” I made a note to warn Thanas ahead of time that Nereus knows he plans to betray the Empire.

“I guess you have some reasons to say this, don’t you?” Nereus questioned with a sickly grin. “I heard you have a very young guest at your cottage.”

“Young guest?” I questioned with a sinking feeling. “I have no clue on what you’re talking about?”

“Let me refresh your memory,” Nereus held up a holo recorder and showed an image of me holding Kay while sitting on the swing. “I’ve been looking for her.”

“To make sure she doesn’t talk, right?” I pointed out with an angry glare. “A little too late on that, she told me everything,. You go near my cottage or I find you near her again and I will kill you.”

“I’m not foolish enough to go near a predators layer and that’s how I see you,” Nereus commented with a sickly grin. “I hired a professional to do so. I struck a deal with the Ssi-Ruuk. They get you and they leave the system and I will leave Kay alone.”

“If you honestly believe they will leave the system once they have me, you’re sadly mistaken. And here I thought you weren’t a foolish man, or maybe just desperate?” I questioned with a raised brow. Nereus’s hand moved underneath the desk causing me to wonder what he planned to do.

I felt the Force warning tingle in the back of my mind a few seconds later as I heard the door behind me swing open. I stood up to my full height and reached for my lightsaber as I felt a blinding pain in the back of my head.
    -------------------
    Jedi_Lover
    Nyota's Heart
    AzureAngel2
    earlybird-obi-wan
    DaenaBenjen42

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super duper cliffie [face_nail_biting] My lands, Nereus is a fool at the very least. The Ssi-Ruuk will take what they want and double-cross him in the bargain :rolleyes: Yikes, the cottage was under surveillance too though. [face_worried] Kay needs to be whisked away to a safe house of some sort. [face_thinking]

Falcon likes this.
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A cliffie. I hope he will write in his next entry that he is alright

Falcon likes this.
  19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I don´t like that Nereus guy. I also feel a warning tingle.

Falcon likes this.
  20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Nereus is a dead man was the first thought that entered my mind as I finally regained a painful consciousness. I slowly worked on speeding up the healing where I was brutally smacked in the head. I’m going to need something for the pain after this. I didn’t open my eyes as I sensed several alien presences hanging around me. I also felt two young human male presences. That caused me to pause for a second. I thought there was only one human among them not two.

I will worry about that later, the last thing that needed to happen was being enteched to their fighter droids. I sensed one of the aliens was weak minded. I stretched my mind out and influenced the species to destroy the controls. I heard confusing squeaks and squeals as I searched for my lightsaber. I sensed the dead spot about the size of my saber not too far from me. I called it to my hand as I opened my eyes and stood up.

I saw two human boys, one I recognized as Dev Sibwarra but the other left me feeling confused. He looked like a younger Jess Shern with Fress’s eyes…. That caused me to pause for a minute as I felt a hand being placed on my arm. I turned my attention to Dev as he spoke. “You’re safe and have nothing to worry about anymore. Your own fighter will be your reward.”

The poor kid was so disillusioned he had no clue that he was doing wrong. “Killing innocence lives is not a rewarding life,” I sensed darkness swirling around both of them but the one kid had me concerned. Did Fress and Jess have a child? I closed my eyes and brushed the child’s presence and instantly picked up faint traces of Fress and Jess. “What’s your name?”

“Brice, but I can’t remember my last name,” Brice answered without hesitation. “Please calm down and all will be fine.”

“Can one of you translate for me?” I questioned with a frown as both nodded. “Nice job of brain washing these two boys. I suspect I know who the parents are to this one boy and if they knew their only child were up here. I can see the father coming up here and killing everyone.”

Brice looked startled as Dev shook his head. “I refuse to translate.”

“Do you know who I am?” Brice questioned as tears welled up in his eyes. “I’ve always wanted to know.”

“Something tells me this is not what Fress and Jess had in mind for you,” I answered with a sigh. “Dev, if you refuse to translate then a demonstration to your masters is in order…” I jumped towards one of the weak minded aliens and sliced through the neck causing the big brown and blue one to tweet and squeal in terror and ran. They strangely sounded like Artoo. That was easier than I thought. I turned my attention to the two boys and closed my eyes and stretched out with the Force. I used my light to blast through their darkness.

Both boys rapidly blinked with confused expressions and dropped to their knees gripping their heads. Brice looked up at me with tears in his eyes as I kneeled down in front of him. “Do you really know who my parents are?”

“I don’t need a paternity test to know who they are. I sense faint traces of your parents in you. You look more like your father and you have your mother’s eyes,” I explained as I helped Brice to his feet. I glanced beside me and noticed Dev was already standing. “We need to find a way off this war ship. Find something for me to fly and I can fly just about anything,” I sensed a disturbance in the Force. It felt like a cold wind traveling up my back causing me to shiver.

“The hangar bay is five floors down,” Brice answered with a frown. “We don’t have the turbo lift codes to get down that far.”

I heard a resounding thump and the walls of the ship shook. “Out of curiosity, are they attacking the planet now?”

Dev nodded as the walls shook again. “They planned to take the planet.”

“Can you take me to the bridge?” I questioned with a frown. Since we’re on the enemy cruiser, the other cruisers would not expect one of their own to attack them.

“We’re not allowed on the bridge unattended,” Dev explained with a frown. “I’ve only been on the bridge a couple of times.”

“Which ventilation shaft leads to the bridge?” I questioned with a sinking feeling. These two were very limited in where they could and could not go on this ship.

“They will have traps in them,” Brice pointed out with a frown.

“We can’t just stand around here all day,” I pointed out with a serious expression. “We should move before they gain their courage to come back,” I pushed the boys out the door keeping an eye out for an opening. “Why did they run away like a spooked Bantha?”

“They’re afraid to die off their home world,” Dev explained with a frown.

When I’m through with this ship, they’re going to wish they never left their home world, I thought with a small smile. A few quick deaths should make the Ssi-Ruuk want to leave for good.

----------------------
    AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    When I’m through with this ship, they’re going to wish they never left their home world, I thought with a small smile. A few quick deaths should make the Ssi-Ruuk want to leave for good.

I hope that it works this way. [face_nail_biting]

Falcon likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great action there and I hope he will save the two boys

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, a daring plan and I hope the rescue works. Hope Kay stays out of danger too.

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    As I set off the first trap we came across Brice was walking a step behind me asking question after question about his parents. I smiled as I answered his questions easily until he asked if he knew why they gave him up for adoption. This was a question I was not prepared to answer right away. The simple answer, I was the reason. “I know the answer but this isn’t the time to explain it. Just know they wanted to keep you safe and free from harm because they loved you.”

“Are they Jedi?” Brice questioned. “To keep me safe from Vader?”

How in the name of the Force did he put the conclusion together so quickly? I silently questioned myself then remembered Jess was just as quick to put conclusions together. “Yes, I believe that was the reason. They didn’t want Vader to find you. They were constantly on the run from him. They were in no position to raise a child,” since when did I start referencing my alter personality in third person? Since I’m not ready to fess up to this boy that I was the reason Fress and Jess gave Brice up in the first place.

As we approached another trap I stopped walking and glanced around for a control box. I spotted something on the other side of what looked like a force field of some sort. I closed my eyes and stretched out with my mind and pulled the box off the wall. I opened my eyes as sparks flew. I noticed a slight shimmering light then nothing. I tore off a piece of my robe and gently blew it towards the trap. Nothing happened causing me to smile.
    --------------------------
    Four more traps later we found ourselves at the grate looking out over the bridge. I glanced behind me as Brice looked disturbed causing me to frown. Dev crawled up beside me and whispered into my ear.

“Brice wants to stay here and I will translate for you,” Dev explained.

Which was fine by me, it kept Brice safe. “That’s fine,” I answered as Brice gave a weary smile. One less boy to worry about. “Are you ready to do this?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” Dev answered with a sigh. “I need to face them, Brice hasn’t been with us as long but I have been. I need to do this.”

“All right,” I unhooked my lightsaber and ignited it. I began to cut myself an entrance point. I used the Force to prevent the metal from clattering to the floor. I pulled it up and put it aside. I glanced at Dev before I lowered him to the floor with the Force. I jumped down to the floor hitting the floor with a big sound thump as I heard squeaks and squeals sounding startled.

I unhooked my lightsaber and ignited the weapon holding it in front of me as the big brown and the big blue one squeaked to each other. It sounded like they were having an argument. “You have a choice, either you can release me and the boys and go back to your corner of the galaxy, or we do this the hard way,” I said between gritted teeth. I heard squeaking come from behind me and I knew Dev was translating for me.

The big blue one squealed as he readied a weapon. I kept my eyes on the blue one as Dev replied sounding a little chocked up. Great, the kid was getting emotional on me. No wonder Padme said the kid would find it difficult to turn on his master. His master will kill him if Dev didn’t find the strength to do so. Blue raised his weapon and swung it at me. I readied my lightsaber and caught the tip of the weapon as it swung around my blade. “Not good,” if I couldn’t destroy it…. I used the blade to keep the other weapon from striking me as it continued to swing around the blade as I used the tip of my blade to settle the weapon at my feet. The tip of my blade started to melt the metal with a sizzling sound. I lifted up my lightsaber to prevent further damage. I knew the Ssi-Ruuk had come prepared. A weapon that could resist a lightsaber blade……

Dev picked up the weapon and threw it at Big Blue, the weapon sliced the alien’s neck open causing him to squeak in surprise and anger. The body hit the floor with a thump. Big Brown picked up the weapon and squealed at Dev as I picked up my lightsaber and threw it at the brown one. I kept my Force grip on the handle and redirected the weapon to slice through Brown’s neck. Dev stood frozen as I walked forward and picked up the lightsaber. “If I didn’t kill him, he would’ve killed you.”

“I know,” Dev answered sounding stunned. “I….”

“Dev, focus and help me find the weapons on this heap,” I said hoping to redirect his attention elsewhere. “You can read this, right?”

Dev nodded as he started reading the labels and pointed to what looked like a large ball. I walked over and looked down. I turned my attention to the big window as I moved my hand over the ball and noticed the cannon moved. “Good work Dev, want to talk while I convince your captors it’s time to leave?”

I aimed at the nearest Ssi-Ruuk cruiser that was attempting to take Luke’s flag ship out. I hit the button attacking the cruiser hoping to get their attention. The communicator began to beep for attention. I glanced at Dev needing a translator, but I also needed him to translate everything back for me. “It appears we have their attention. I need you to translate everything for me, and translate his responses for me. Do you understand?”

Dev gave a short nod in agreement as he reached forward. I turned my attention to the holo transmitter and swallowed hard. It was time to turn this around. I hoped they took the hint and left.

TBC
    Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hope the plan continues to unfold as anticipated. :D