main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A secret Ally Dear Diary Challenge 2014 Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 1, 2014.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great to see him rescuing the survivors and a nice talk with Tank

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked out into the kitchen as Kay glanced up from her breakfast. I smiled as she stood up and walked to the stove and piled some potatoes and eggs on a plate and handed them to me. I smiled accepting the meal. “Thank you, Kay. How are you feeling this morning?”

“Good,” Kay answered off handedly as she continued to eat. “Leia said she’s contacted some schools that you, Fress and Jess should check out for Brice, Dev, and me. They’re expecting us at one.”

“She did, did she?” I questioned as I sat down at the table and dug into the simple meal. Kay’s cooking has come a long way in the past year. The courts took four months to process the adoption papers not to mention the legal fees. I didn’t mind, I loved Kay and I couldn’t see a part of my life where she wasn’t in it. In a couple of months from now, she’ll legally be a Skywalker. “I planned to help with rescue efforts today.”

“Leia said she has crews working around the clock, Han, Chewie, and Luke are helping with rescue efforts. She wants you to focus on getting me placed in a school,” Kay explained with a serious expression causing me to sigh.

Leia was right, Kay needed an education and I was not the right person to tutor her except aspects of Force training. We had Kay, Brice, and Dev privately tutored until we had a chance to retake Coruscant. I was more up for keeping Kay in the private system but she was insisting it would do her more good if she was with others her own age. Leia and Fress took turns talking me out of private tutoring Kay. “One then? Which school and where is it located?”

Kay handed over a flimsy with a small smile. I knew she was excited to be mixing with others her own age. That was the only reason I agreed to allow her to do this. “I can’t wait.”

Give it two more years, I thought with an inward smirk. She’ll be begging not to go. I glanced down and noted the name. Leave it to Leia to find one of the top-notch schools. Maybe this won’t be so bad after all. “We’ll head out after Lunch,” I continued to eat as Kay gave me a disbelief expression. “What?”

“It’s already past eleven,” Kay pointed out with a frown.

It was a good thing I cleaned up last night. Had I slept in that much this morning? I guess all the extra work and stress from yesterday finally caught up with me. “I guess I needed the sleep,” I glanced at the chono noting we still had some time before the appointment but barely an hour before we needed to leave. With the rescue efforts going on, I felt it was better to train Kay in lightsaber combat at a later time. I needed to locate a proper facility first or we could train in a park for now. “Are you sure about this?” Kids can be cruel to new comers. I added in with an after thought.

“I’ll be fine, Ani,” Kay answered with a smile. “Being the new kid is fun.”

Did she read my mind again? I questioned silently to myself with an inward frown wondering who taught her and when because I sure didn’t teach her that. “I have to get changed first then we’ll head out in forty-five minutes. I want to check in with Leia to see how things are going,” and to find out what the count is since I left the site. I was not looking forward to the report. Kay nodded in agreement as I finished my meal. “No using the Force to impress anyone.”

“Not even a boy?” Kay questioned with a smirk causing me to frown.

“Not even a boy you like,” I answered in a firm tone despite Kay’s teasing smile. “Go on and get changed,” I stood up to put the plates in the sink then headed to the holo communicator. I dialed the number Leia left with me, and Threepio answered. “Threepio, is Leia in?”

“She is in Master Ani,” Threepio answered as he disappeared to be replaced by the Alliance Symbol. A minute later Leia appeared with a frown. “How are the rescue efforts going?”

“Numbers aren’t looking good, dad,” Leia answered with a frustrated sigh. “One hundred and twenty dead, thirty alive. Did Kay talk to you yet?”

“I’ll be changing shortly and we will be heading out soon,” I answered with a frown. “Kay is getting changed now. Yes I did.”

“Good, as soon as you have Kay placed in a school then I’ll let you rejoin the rescue efforts,” Leia explained with a frown. She must know how important it is for me to help.

“We’ll see you later tonight?” I questioned as Leia smiled.

“Dinner will be at six,” Leia answered. “Threepio is cooking.”

I smirked and glanced at Kay who made a blah face. She was in a pretty new top and pants. She looked appropriately dressed. “Don’t make that face, I programmed the droid for cooking.”

“Still, a droid cooking?” Kay questioned sounding doubtful. “It’s still not a good idea, especially when it comes to Golden Rod.”

I noticed Kay had taken the same attitude towards Threeepio like Han had as of late. I guess the droid constantly talking has gotten on her nerves. “I’m going to get changed,” I explained changing the subject. “And we’ll head out soon.”

Kay grinned as I walked to the bedroom. I could hear Leia and Kay holding a conversation causing me to smile. The two had become close friends. I was happy Kay fit right into the family. I closed the door behind me. It was time to get this over with.
    -------------
    earlybird-obi-wan, Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Grim numbers from the rescue efforts. But I appreciated the slice of normal and closeness with Kay, as a contrast. :)

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Kay grinned as I walked to the bedroom. I could hear Leia and Kay holding a conversation causing me to smile. The two had become close friends. I was happy Kay fit right into the family. I closed the door behind me. It was time to get this over with.

Kay does him good. There should be less killing and more smiling in his future.

Falcon likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Kay is funny. Hope more will be saved

6. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Great story :) Love the characterisations, but can't help but feel Isard is up to no good :( I wonder what the price is she mentioned? Is the number she left dead, or is it something far worse?

Would love to know when this is updated.

EG

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I followed Kay into the school Leia indicated, so far from the outside the school looked well kept and a fly by over the roof indicated no visible leaks. It looked like it was redone in the last two to three years. There was a beautiful garden with a fountain in the middle of the courtyard. A fountain was known to ease stress during the day. So far it looked promising. A young woman walked out of an office with a warm smile on her face. “Ms. Benton I presume?” I questioned with a frown.

“Yes, you must be Anakin Skywalker and is this the girl I was told about by the Princess?” Ms. Benton questioned as we shook hands.

“This is my almost adopted daughter, Kay Shran,” I answered as I retracted my hand. “In a few months from now, everything will be finalized.”

“Congratulations, right this way please,” Ms. Benton said as she indicated her office. “I’m sure you have questions on your mind about the school. We pride ourselves in our education programs. ”

“Yes I do, may I observe how some of the classes are conducted?” I questioned in a curious tone.

“Yes you may,” Ms. Benton answered as she sat down in a chair behind her desk. “What questions are on your mind, Mr. Skywalker?”

“Averages on marks, how many students per class room? If Kay needs extra help on a particular subject will she be able to find that help?” I questioned with a small smile. “I want the very best for my little girl.”

“Averages vary from student to student, most students have between B’s and A’s and help is always available,” Ms. Benton answered. “We have one teacher per ten students. If there are forty students in the same grade, we split them up into four different rooms so each student may find time if they need extra help if they don’t understand. We pride ourselves into making sure every student is treated equally and their education needs are met.”

That sounds promising I thought with a frown. I would be uncomfortable leaving Kay in an overcrowded class where a student could accidentally be left behind because the teacher had trouble finding time. “How about a tour?”

“That is an excellent idea,” Ms. Benton stood up as Kay and I walked out of the room and waited for the principle to take the lead.

As we walked by class rooms I took a quick peek in each and as Ms. Benton explained there were about ten students per class. The halls looked clean and there was no strange smell. Always a plus. We walked into the cafeteria and the disposal units were not over filled. She took us through the kitchen next as I noted students preparing meals. I smiled knowing this was a very important skill to learn. The kitchen looked almost spotless, considering they were in the process of making something but that didn’t count. The floor and walls looked clean. The air smelled of baked goods in the oven. I was impressed so far. Leia said she would do some digging to see if anything was amiss, so far everything looked in order. “Do you have a nurse on staff?”

“We do, why don’t we go and meet her,” Ms. Benton suggested as she took the lead again.

As we neared the nurse’s office I sensed a familiar presence in the room causing me to smile. Ms. Benton opened the door and I stepped through as I looked around and saw Greg standing beside the onsite nurse. “Greg, this is a surprise. I thought you would be helping with rescue efforts.”

“Leia told me you were coming here so I thought I would check the school out, so far I’m impressed,” Greg answered with a smug grin as the nurse kissed him on the cheek causing me to smirk.

“Looks like it’s more of a personal reason to me,” I teased causing Greg to blush then glared. “Now, now Greg, is that any way to treat an old friend?”

“Funny,” Greg smirked in turn causing the nurse to look confused. “You don’t look that old to me.”

I rolled my eyes as Kay walked in and gave Greg a hug. I stepped forward and slugged him on the arm for the comment then hugged him. I took a step back as the nurse shook her head. “Is this a good school to let Kay go to?”

“It is Anakin,” Greg answered with a gentle smile. “Kay will get a good education here. They don’t over crowd the classrooms.”

“We just got here yesterday,” Anakin commented with a frown. “Is this where you’ve been sneaking off too in the last eight months?”

“Yes,” Greg answered with a smug grin. “We met on Bakrua while she was on vacation. We hit it off and kept in contact. I’ve been helping her attend the children here during my visits,” he explained. “At least I’m not on the wanted list unlike others I know.”

I shook my head sadly as I glanced at Kay who was attempting to hide a smirk. “What do you think Kay?”

“The school seems nice,” Kay answered with a frown. “I’m wondering which grade I will end up in.”

“We can determine that with a test that places you in the grade according to your reading levels,” Ms. Benton answered with a smile. “Did you want to take that test then meet the class mates? Maybe that will help you decide.”

Kay nodded with a smile as Ms. Benton led Kay away. I watched her go then turned my attention to Greg. “Leia won’t allow me to help with rescue efforts until we have Kay’s education straightened around.”

“I believe it’s one of the requirements is it not?” Greg questioned with a frown.

“It is, the adoption process will be finalized in two months from now,” I explained with a frown. “I can’t wait until everything is said and done,” I paused for a second and let the silence hang in the air. “Aren’t you going me to introduce me?”

“Sugar coated or straight up?” Greg questioned causing me to roll my eyes again. Greg could not resist cracking the occasional joke.

“What -ever you feel comfortable with,” I answered with a frown giving him the option to lie about who I am.

“You’re giving me permission to lie then,” Greg grinned then frowned. “All right, Melly meet Sky Guy.”
    “Is that really your name?” Melly questioned with a frown.

“It’s a nick name that a padawan learner by the name of Ahsoka gave me during the clone wars,” I explained glaring at Greg. “I called her snips.”

“You said any name,” Greg pointed out with an innocent smile.

“You don’t look old enough to be in the clone wars,” Melly pointed out with a frown. “You look like you’re in your early twenties.”

“It’s a long story,” I answered as Greg raised a questioning eyebrow.

“His name is Anakin Skywalker formally known as Darth Vader,” Greg explained with a frown. “He hired me to grow a clone of himself so he could transfer his memories too it. His old body was ravaged beyond repair.”

Melly raised an eyebrow as if she was having trouble believing it. I diverted my eyes guiltily away. I glanced at her as her eyes widened in shock. “It’s true then?”

I nodded. “I regret my choices. Having my children back in my life is keeping me on the straight and narrow. Now I get to have Kay as my daughter. I don’t deserve to have anyone back in my life but they insist to be a part of it. Greg turned into a good friend of mine.”

“Thanks Ani, I love you too,” Greg smirked causing me to roll my eyes.

“You’re cruising for a bruising,” I teased causing Greg to roll his eyes in turn. I glanced behind me as Han walked in with a frown. “Leia didn’t send you to check in on me, did she?”

“No, I asked her where you would be and she told me here,” Han answered with a nervous glance. “I’ve come to ask you something.”

“Really? You look nervous, is something wrong?” I questioned in concern as Han shook his head no. “What is it then?”

“You know I’m very much in love with your daughter, I’ve come to ask for Leia’s hand in marriage,” Han answered with a small smile as he produced a small box and opened the lid. “It took a couple of months to track down this diamond that originally came from Alderaan.”

“You already had my blessing a year ago,” I pointed out with a small smile preparing to play with his mind a bit.

“I know, but I wanted to ask and do so properly,” Han answered as he pulled on his collar. “Considering the relationship you two have built up in the last year since you defected. It feels right to do this the right way now.”

“Then I changed my mind, no,” I answered with a smug grin causing Han’s face to fall.

“Wow, just hit Han while you’re at it,” Greg commented as he shook his head sadly.

“I’m kidding, it’s still yes. She’ll love the ring,” I grinned as I wrapped an arm around Han with a grin. “Any other person I would’ve said no too because Leia has a very dominate personality. You can be just as dominate, that’s what makes you the perfect logical choice.”

“Luke told me it was my funeral,” Han said with a small smile causing me to chuckle. Maybe Luke has a bit of my personality in him after all or I started to rub off on him a bit.

“You both have my blessing and you’ll make a good son-in-law,” I commented with a smile as Kay bounced in with a grin.

“How did it go?” I questioned in curiosity.

“I’m being skipped a grade,” Kay answered causing me to grin.

I knew she was a bright student. “Congrats, did you meet the class yet?” I questioned with a frown as Ms. Benton walked in with a smile.
    “Not yet, but why don’t we go meet them now,” Ms. Benton invited with a smile.

“Okay,” Kay looked at Han with a frown. “You look like you’re ready to jump out your skin, what’s up?”

“I told him he can’t marry Leia,” I answered with a teasing grin.

“Ani, I like him, he’s a good match for Leia,” Kay argued with a small smile.

“He is?” I questioned causing Han to roll his eyes. She must know I’m yanking on Han’s chain due to the smug grin on her face. “Shall we go meet your class mates?”

“Yeah, better if I did so alone,” Kay answered with a small smile.

“All right,” I agreed as Ms. Benton gave me a disbelief expression as she led Kay out of the room.

“I’m going to pick up Leia, I told her I had something planned before the dinner tonight,” Han walked out of the room as Greg slapped me on the shoulder.

“Well congrats Ani, you have someone just as brash mixing into the family,” Greg pointed out with a grin. “It makes me wonder how their kids will act.”

“Someone is going to curse me later on down the line, who thought letting Solo mix with Skywalker blood was a good idea,” I smirked causing Greg to shake his head sadly. “He’s the only one who can keep pace with Leia and isn’t afraid to speak his mind to her. He’s the perfect match.”

Greg nodded in agreement as Kay reappeared an hour later and grinned. She definitely enjoyed the class and already made a friend. I signed the agreement papers as I glanced at Kay. Tomorrow she officially started in her new school. I was happy for her, now it was time to help with rescue efforts. The price Isard talked about was yet to come, and what she had done has everyone seeing red.

To be continued.

EGKenobi, Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, earlybird-obi-wan, AzureAngel2

Note: If anyone is curious about who did the cursing, it was Kyp Durron cursing the galaxy for allowing Leia and Han to mix

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great school and nice teasing with Greg and Han both.

9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    HA! Somehow I don't think that would deter Han. Those two crazy kids would probably run off and elope. :D Nice update!

AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice update with selecting a school and the banter between Anakin and Han and Greg

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “You’re giving me permission to lie then,” Greg grinned then frowned. “All right, Melly meet Sky Guy.”
    “Is that really your name?” Melly questioned with a frown.

“It’s a nick name that a padawan learner by the name of Ahsoka gave me during the clone wars,” I explained glaring at Greg. “I called her snips.”

“You said any name,” Greg pointed out with an innocent smile.

“You don’t look old enough to be in the clone wars,” Melly pointed out with a frown. “You look like you’re in your early twenties.”

“It’s a long story,” I answered as Greg raised a questioning eyebrow.

“His name is Anakin Skywalker formally known as Darth Vader,” Greg explained with a frown. “He hired me to grow a clone of himself so he could transfer his memories too it. His old body was ravaged beyond repair.”

What a story to pass on, hein? ;)

Anyway, I know interviews like these from anxious parents... :rolleyes:

To read your´s was fun though!

Falcon likes this.
  12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked into Leia’s new temporary home as Leia rushed out and ran instantly into my arms. I smiled as I returned the hug. Han pointed out something I didn’t realize until now. Leia and I had a father and daughter relationship building up in a positive way. I took a step back as Leia showed me the ring Han gave her.

“Han proposed, but you told him no earlier,” Leia pointed out with a smug grin.

“And if I said no?” I questioned with a small smirk. I was game to play along. “What would you have done?”

“Eloped,” Leia answered with a smirk causing me to shake my head.

“Either way he’s a part of the family,” I walked into the living area as Han grinned causing me to glare in a mocking way. “No grandkids until after you two wed.”

“Of course not, dad,” Han smacked me on the shoulder. “I don’t want to end up in carbonite again.”

“You just keep that in mind,” I warned causing Han to gulp hard. “I don’t want you breaking my little girl’s heart.”

“You don’t have anything to worry about that,” Han reassured with a smug grin causing me to raise an eyebrow. I knew Bail raised Leia to be better than that, but I also knew Han had other women in his life. I didn’t know if Han ever slept with any of them either. That part of his past I would never know for sure. I trusted Han to be careful with Leia’s heart.

“I know,” I answered as Kay skipped in behind me with a grin.

“It looks like a good school to go to,” Kay said with a wide grin. “I can’t wait till tomorrow.”

“It has one of the highest rankings on Coruscant and they’re clean,” Leia explained with a smile. “I take it you signed the papers?”

“I did,” I answered as Leia nodded in approval. “After I drop her off tomorrow I will be going to help with rescue efforts, right?”

“That was the deal,” Leia answered with a saddened expression. “The number is over two hundred dead and thirty-eight alive, I’m losing hope we’ll reach too many more live ones.”

I fell silent beginning to dread the final number. I shook my head. I knew this was going to be bad. “Everyone is doing the best they can,” I glanced over as Fress and Jess walked in with Dev and Brice between them. Luke walked in behind them as I raised an eyebrow at Luke. “Well? Numbers?”

“Two hundred and fifty dead, forty alive,” Luke reported in a saddened tone.

“That’s the current numbers,” Fress explained sadly. “We can help tomorrow after dropping Brice and Dev off.”

“Kay is starting tomorrow too,” I explained as Fress gave a nod of approval. “We’ll have to contact the adoption lawyer to update the information.”

Kay rushed past me and sat down on the couch digging into the snacks Leia brought out on a platter. I smirked, Kay was always hungry before growth spurts it seemed. “Leave some for the rest of us,” I teased causing Kay to roll her eyes. “Leia, do you need any help in the kitchen or does Threepio have everything under control?”

“So far he’s doing good,” Leia answered with a frown. “Chewie is keeping an eye on him. Sit down and relax.”

I kissed Leia on the cheek then settled down beside Kay as Fress and Jess settled into chairs on the other side of the table. Dev and Brice both grabbed a few things and settled down in some chairs close to Fress and Jess. “Who wants to go jump off a building later?”

Fress grinned as Jess rolled his eyes. Leia’s expression was one of horror causing me to grin. Fress chuckled as she sat down in her chair. “Something’s never change do they, Anakin? Sounds like fun to me.”

“You two are on your own,” Jess shook his head sadly.

Luke just looked slightly confused as I glanced at Fress. “You never showed him how, did you?”

“What?” Leia looked concerned and confused at the same time causing me to frown.

“Leia, if you knew how these two are capable of the feat you wouldn’t be quite as worried,” Jess explained with a sour expression. “I am not jumping after you two again.”

“It’s fun, you should give it a try, Jess, you’re missing out on a lot,” I explained with a smirk. “You use the Force…”

“You mean abusing your gift,” Jess cut me off with a serious expression.

“You can use the Force to prevent from hitting the ground. Kind of like a giant cushion,” I explained to Leia and Luke as Ahsoka and Rex walked in at that moment.

“Don’t tell me you’re thinking of jumping off a building again?” Ahsoka asked as she picked up a plate. “You two need a new hobby.”

“They threw me off the side of a wall during a mission once,” Rex explained as he piled some snacks on a plate. “It’s scary but fun, they caught me before I hit the ground. But a little warning would’ve been nice first.”

“There was no time to give one, it was either get off that wall or be blown up,” I explained in a patient tone.

“You’ve jumped off buildings during the Clone Wars?” Leia asked as Han walked in and frowned. “That’s insane.”

“Not for a Jedi who knows how to levitate,” Fress explained with a frown. “Anakin is a fearless and cunning warrior. He was known as the hero with no fear during the Clone Wars.”

Leia still looked horrified, this is part of my past I have to talk about. How I behaved during the Clone Wars from time to time. “Please don’t jump off the building, no matter how many times you’ve done it. It’s still not a good idea.”

I gave a short nod in agreement. “You’re right, it would be tempting fate.”

“Good, now that’s settled," Leia spoke as Threepio walked into the living space. “Threepio?”

”Mistress Leia, the meal is ready to be served,” Threepio announced in his usual prissy voice. I never did fix the voice to sound less prissy but Padme thought it was charming and asked me not to change it. I didn’t and don’t plan too either. I stood up and followed the others into the dining room. Everything looked good, just hope Threepio did everything right.

“It smells good, Threepio,” I said as I sat down with a small worried smile.

“Thank you Master Ani.”

As long as the droid didn’t mess up, I could see Leia letting Threepio cook from now on. I just hoped the program with hundreds of recipes worked as well as it said it would. I was about to dig in when my comlink went off. I knew I forgot to do something before dinner. I sighed as I raised my wrist. "Always when I go to eat, ” which only caused Fress to smirk slightly. “Go ahead.”

“Sir, sorry for bothering you, General. It’s Greg, I need you down at medical right away, you need to see this sir,” Greg answered causing me to raise an eyebrow. I looked at Leia with a troubled frown. Greg was a friend and he very rarely addresses me by my title. “I’ll be right down,” I quickly ate some stuff on my plate as delicious flavor exploded in my mouth. “Threepio, you should cook more often. It’s delicious. I have to go. I’ll keep you updated, Leia,” I stood up dreading what Greg had to tell me. I just could not shake the chills I felt on my back. Something bad was on the rise and I had a feeling the price Isard spoke about was about to show it’s ugly head.
    -----------
    Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, earlybird-obi-wan, EGKenobi, AzureAngel2

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the banter and agree about jumping off buildings. And I'mthinking - why couldn't Greg have waited until after dinner? :rolleyes: As a foodie, I know what's important. [face_laugh] I mean, the news is urgent, but can't it wait 30 minutes? :p [face_mischief]

Falcon likes this.
  14. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice talk between everybody! Great update!

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked into the med center to be greeted by Mon Mothma, Greg and the head of the facility causing me to frown. This was serious if Mon was here. I walked up to the small group and turned my attention to Mon Mothma. “It’s serious isn’t it?”

“I apologize for interrupting the family dinner, Anakin,” Mon said with a sincere tone. “Once you see why, you’ll understand. It appears that Isard has been busy in the past eight months.”

That was the understatement of the year, I reflected quietly to myself as I looked to Greg for an explanation. She built a super star destroyer under the city blocks killing beings when she raised the ship into the air. “What did Isard do this time?” Palpatine and Isard made quite the pair. They didn’t care about hurting others in the process. They were cold hearted and merciless.

“I’m director Ferns and in charge of this med facility,” Ferns introduced himself with a sad smile. “I’m afraid General the situation is dire. If you will come with me, I’ll explain on our way to the isolation room.”

That caused me to raise an eyebrow as we followed Ferns down the hallway. “Isolation room? Are we dealing with a deadly virus?”

“It appears to be that way,” Ferns answered with a serious expression. “We don’t know quite sure what we’re dealing with and are waiting for test results to come back. The first patient died two hours after being admitted, we attempted a bacta dunk, his body went into shock and he passed away. In that amount of time four more made their way in. It appears to be a bacterial infection of some sort. Internal bleeding as well as external bleeding through big sores, it appears to attack the major organs eventually causing heart failure. We’re attempting a bacta dunk with the current patients.”

In other words, the situation could turn bad and if Bacta was the only known cure, it could cause a bacta war. Nice going Isard, you’re a cold heartless daughter of….

“Anakin, I hope you didn’t eat anything before coming,” Greg asked interrupting my thoughts before I could finish my sentence.

“Why would you want to know that? Or is there something about the clone body you failed to tell me?” I questioned with a raised brow.

“I don’t know yet, guess we’ll find out if you retained a strong stomach or not,” Greg answered with a frown.

I hope so, I thought silently to myself. It would be embarrassing if I threw up in front of the others. “If you suspect something went slightly wrong, Greg. This is the time to tell me. I did eat some of it off my plate.”

“We’ll know in a minute or so,” Greg answered with a serious expression. “You may want to put this on, the smell is quite extensive. Enough to cause a gag reflex, that’s why I interrupted your dinner.”

“Oh,” I took the mask and pulled it over my mouth and nose as Ferns opened the door. We walked into a small observation room on the other side of a two way mirror. There was a Gamorrean laying on the bed with bloody sheets from the bleeding sores on his body. “That looks painful.”

“So far it’s just Gamorrean’s that are affected by the infection,” Ferns explained. “We’re not entirely sure how she introduced the infection.”

I had a pretty good idea on how she did it. The Blue Shadow virus comes to mind and how it was introduced into the Naboo’s water supply. I picked up my comlink and dialed in Leia’s number. “Leia, it’s Anakin. Get into contact with an environmental survey team and have them check the water supply for a bacterial infestation. No one drink the water, boil it first.”

“That bad? I’ll get right on it, dad,” Leia answered as I turned my attention to Mon Mothma. “I wouldn’t be surprised if she introduced this into the water supply. It’s how the Blue Shadow virus was introduced to Naboo during the Clone Wars during one of my missions. If it was done by the air, we would’ve seen a lot more pile in by now. We should gather a team and start checking where all the Gamorrean’s live planet side. There may be more who couldn’t make it in.”

“Good idea, Anakin. I’ll leave that to you,” Mon Mothma said with a sad smile. “This must be the price Isard was telling you about then?”

“Most likely, and it will be a dear price if we don’t get this under control quickly,” I agreed with a serious expression. “We should issue a boil water alert. Best to warn everyone now instead of having a mess on our hands.”

“Good idea, I’ll get on that right away,” Ferns said with a frown as Greg nodded in agreement.

I turned my attention to Mon Mothma as my stomach growled. I’m starving and need to eat. “Mind if I go back home and finish my meal first, and then gather a team to go in the morning or should we just start in two hours from now?”

Mon nodded. “I can agree to that. Go home and finish eating. Gather a team and be ready to head out in two hours.”

The sooner the better, I silently agreed. The sooner we discover if there are more infected the sooner we can get this under control. I suspect we’ll need cleanup crews as well. What I saw happening with the Gamorrean was not a pretty sight. I headed out of the building and back to the parked speeder and hopped in. Isard if I ever find out where you’re hiding, that hour will be your last.
    -----------------------
    Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, EGKenobi, earlybird-obi-wan, AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, that is one icky virus but it looks like they're hopping on preventing a pandemic and getting to the root of things asap. That should keep the disaster from becoming too dire. [face_thinking]

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “So far it’s just Gamorrean’s that are affected by the infection,” Ferns explained. “We’re not entirely sure how she introduced the infection.”

I had a pretty good idea on how she did it. The Blue Shadow virus comes to mind and how it was introduced into the Naboo’s water supply. I picked up my comlink and dialed in Leia’s number. “Leia, it’s Anakin. Get into contact with an environmental survey team and have them check the water supply for a bacterial infestation. No one drink the water, boil it first.”

“That bad? I’ll get right on it, dad,” Leia answered as I turned my attention to Mon Mothma. “I wouldn’t be surprised if she introduced this into the water supply. It’s how the Blue Shadow virus was introduced to Naboo during the Clone Wars during one of my missions. If it was done by the air, we would’ve seen a lot more pile in by now. We should gather a team and start checking where all the Gamorrean’s live planet side. There may be more who couldn’t make it in.”

I like the fact that the past is a lecture for him, a source for ideas and inspiration. Not just an endless chain of guilt like in Dicken´s "Christmas Carol".

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Anakin into action again. I like this

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked up to Wedge as he gave me a weary smile.He had protective gloves on as did the rest of Rogue Squadron. I had hired a couple of cleanup crews to help sterilize apartments. We were in the Gamorrean district of Coruscant where the majority of them lived. I had others checking records to see if there were anymore living on planet and where they are located. “I won’t lie to any of you, it won’t be pretty.Ice Heart has released a virus into the water supply five days ago, so far Gamorrean’s are the only ones who are susceptible to the virus.We’re here to see how many have been infected by now and rush any of those to the med ward. We have drivers on standby,” I really had gotten everything together in two hours. Everyone was willing to help out any way they can which made me happy. I was finally on the right side. “Don’t touch anyone, we don’t know if this virus is capable of jumping the species barrier.The only cure is a bacta dunk.As far as we know, it’s not air born. Any questions?”

“General, can you Force choke me for fun?” Wes Janson questioned with a grin.

“And if I did that Leia would never talk to me again,” I answered with a serious expression. “No.”

“You can tell her it was my idea,” Wes persisted with mischief smirk. “You do realize a Force choke can kill right?”I questioned with a raised brow. “Or you will be physically hurt.”

“You could levitate me in the air?”Wes questioned in a hopeful tone.

“That’s enough, Janson,” Wedge snapped with a serious frown.“You will stop bugging Master Skywalker.”

“Commander, lighten up, I was kidding,” Janson answered in a happy tone causing me to roll my eyes in annoyance.

“Anything else?”I questioned in an irritated tone.

“I’m good, General,” Wes answered as I shook my head.

“Good, we’ll split up in twos and check every floor in this building first, then we’ll move onto the next building. We all ride up at the same time so we know which floor is covered.Comm me as soon as you move onto the next floor and I’ll let the rest of the teams know which floor they can move to next .Any other questions?” No one said anything as I glanced at Wedge. “Let’s get to it, Commander.”

“You got it, General,” Wedge said as he signaled for everyone to move into the building.I split in with Wedge as the others split into groups of two.With twelve we can check six floors at once.I took a deep breath and slowly released it.I was hoping to not deal with another virus, I nearly lost Fress, Ahsoka, and Padme during the Blue Shadow crisis.

“Are you nervous, Anakin?”Wedge questioned softly as I glanced at him and nodded.

“During the Blue Shadow virus crises on Naboo, we came close to losing Padme, Fress, and Ahsoka, I was hoping to not deal with another deadly virus at this point in time,” I explained with a frown.“Yes I’m a little on edge right now.I shouldn’t be surprised. Palpatine had scientists work on things like this.It’s no way to win a war since neither side is protected,” not to mention I was responsible for an entire planet due to a deadly fungal infection that went wrong on Xizor’s planet. No wonder he hated me so much, and somehow I killed him in the end because he was attempting to kill Luke.

As we went from door to door, we discovered scores of bodies.I shook my head as I called in a cleanup crew to clean out the apartments.It was a mess. The smell told me they were here for the past four days, when did she introduce this into the water supply? I had to been a couple of weeks ago. This was promising to be a long night.

TBC in 2015
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)

earlybird-obi-wan, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover, EGKenobi,

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hmmm the search/cleanup begins. Looking forward to reading more in 2015. [face_batting]

Falcon likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    fun with the Rogues and looking forward to seeing more in 2015

Falcon likes this.
  22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks everyone [:D] I'm happy everyone is enjoying the story [:D]