main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Series of Yoda drabbles this is...Completed 8/23/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Jade_Pilot: The Next Foodnetwork Star!

Force forbid! :p

Jade_eyes: Lava peppers?! [face_laugh] Quix is a sweetie and ... brave.

Some beings have to learn the hard way :p

And in Yoda?s defense, it did cut down on the sweetness.

earlybird-obi-wan: That's the one to interest the other Jedi in cooking.
    Yoda cooking disaster he is

Hehehe. But fun he had!

VaderLVR64: Loved all of them, but this was my favorite:

What Matters Most

Thank you!

I wanted to end on a bit of a mushy point

Raphire: Qorbin laughed as he pulled Yoda to his feet. ?That is the most original excuse I?ve ever heard.?

Wish I had that excuse!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Glad you enjoyed my attempt to work in a bit of humor.

SJ_Moore: Your a very good writing of Yoda drabbles, I hope you do continue!

Thank you! [:D]

I?m glad you are enjoying my drabbles and I have every intention of completing the challenge :D

2. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Necklace

Yoda stood in the shadows of the alley, his eyes darting around, alert for any sign of trouble. His Master stood a few feet away, calm and collected as they waited for their contact.

They were to meet someone with a message for the Council. Someone who didn?t want to be seen or heard associating with the Jedi. It made Yoda very suspicious and a bit excited.

He tensed as a shadow brushed past his Master, quickly walking away. His eyes widened with surprise as he saw the necklace dangling from Qorbin?s fingers.

?Inside,? Qorbin said, tapping the center gem.

Earrings

Yoda watched Yaddle gently insert the small stud of the gold earrings into her ears, his brows furrowing in confusion.

?Look how do I?? she softly asked.

?Understand why you need such things I do not,? he admitted with a shake of his head. ?Dangerous this mission is. The last thing on your mind looking pretty should be.?

?Think I look pretty you do?? Yaddle beamed, bending down to give him a quick kiss.

?Try to distract me, do not,? Yoda huffed.

?Worry about me you should not,? she gently chastised. ?Inside earrings are transmitters. No danger will I be in.?

Watch

Yoda watched, perplexed, as Master Qorbin set the small gift-wrapped box on the table in front of him, his eyes carefully studying each angle.

It wasn?t unusual for Jedi to receive gifts from grateful beings they helped and while they were always given away, Yoda found it a lot of fun opening the presents.

Qorbin finally tore the wrapper away and slowly opened the box to reveal a stunning gold watch.

?Expensive it looks,? Yoda gasped. ?Where are you -,? he was interrupted by Qorbin tossing the watch across the room and throwing himself over Yoda just before the explosion.

Belt

Yoda gazed at his official padawan uniform in awe. He?d had to wait an entire month for the garment to be specially made, enduring countless teasing from his fellow padawans.

He gently ran his fingers over the soft homespun fabric, overwhelmed by the excitement coursing through his veins.

?There?s just one more thing,? Qorbin announced, handing Yoda a small, leather belt. ?What you put in there can very well save your life and the lives of your fellow Jedi someday,? he continued in a somber tone.

Yoda?s eyes widened as he nodded solemnly. ?Pack very carefully I will,? he vowed.

Ring

?Ugly that is,? Yoda commented, his nose wrinkling in disgust.

?Really?? Master Qorbin held up his hand to inspect the large, jewel crusted silver ring on his finger. ?I think it looks fashionable.?

?Only to beings who don?t know any better.?

Qorbin threw his head back and laughed. ?I agree,? he admitted. ?But, this ring is the only way we can identify ourselves as allies to the Feeorin and we are running out of time to relocate them before their enemies find them,? he paused, ?and finish exterminating them.?

?Glad I am I don?t have to wear it,? Yoda murmured.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    necklace funny Yoda undercover
    earrings loved Yaddle teasing Yoda
    watch every present can be dangerous
    belt a Jedi's utility belt is very useful
    ring great to see Yoda's reaction

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed those... Yoda and Yaddle just continue to be too too cute LOL I really like Qorbin... he seems a very fatherly sort :D :D

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Making Yaddle his famous stew
    and then the lifeday gift, nice.[face_love]

Ah! Yoda hates the dentist too.[face_worried]

A surprise party for his Master[face_dancing]

Oh oh too much chocolate, Yoda is a terrible cook.[face_sick]

Lava peppers sound strong.:oops:

A tiny Jedi outfit for a tiny Jedi:cool:

A ring would look weird on Yoda?s (Fingers?)o_O

All very good.=D=

6. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Well at least Yoda has some fashion sense. [face_laugh]

I loved ring!

7. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: necklace funny Yoda undercover, earrings loved Yaddle teasing Yoda, watch every present can be dangerous, belt a Jedi's utility belt is very useful, ring great to see Yoda's reaction

Thank you! It was fun going from humor to danger to drama this week. I?m glad you enjoyed!

Jade_eyes: Yoda and Yaddle just continue to be too too cute LOL I really like Qorbin... he seems a very fatherly sort

I think most Master?s assume the parental role and I didn?t want Yoda?s to be any different. Glad you are enjoying Yoda and Yaddle. :)

Gkilkenny:/ All very good

Thank you so much! [:D]

I?m glad you enjoyed what I?ve written so far.

Raphire: Well at least Yoda has some fashion sense

That he does! :p

8. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    The First Time

Yoda stood in the shadows of the training room, his eyes glued to the sparring match on the center mat.

Normally, he didn?t pay much attention to the initiates as they learned and practiced their skills but there was something captivating about the feisty, raven-haired boy currently dominating the match and he found himself unable to look away.

Yoda wasn?t surprised when the boy won or when he bowed with respect to his opponent. What did surprise him was the child?s bold introduction of himself afterwards.

?Hello, Master Yoda. I?m Xiarr Cath and I?m going to be your first padawan.?

The Only Time

?Come on, Yoda, where?s your sense of adventure?? Ruhk Vira asked holding up a plate of bahmat steak and steamed chorba. ?You can at least try it. It won?t kill you.?

Yoda frowned. ?Real food I eat all the time,? he argued.

?Okay, if you?re too scared -?

?Scared I am not,? Yoda insisted. ?But taste my food you must do as well.?

Vira shrugged, taking a spoonful of Yoda?s stew.

?We?ll do this together,? he announced.

The two bravely tasted each other?s dinner, simultaneously gagging and spitting it out.

?How you survive eating food of this kind?? Yoda gasped.

Forget That Time

Yoda sighed as he lifted the bag of dirty laundry over his shoulders and began his trek to the Temple laundry.

He froze as he suddenly remembered the blue prints to the air freshener ducts he?d studied the week before and realized they would cut his travel time in half.
    What he?d forgotten was the sudden drop the tubing made just outside the wash room that allowed everyone to toss their clothes straight into a waiting bin.

Yoda?s screamed as he flew out of the duct, overshot the bin and hit the ice cold, soapy water, drenching three unsuspecting Jedi.

That Time Doesn?t Count

Yoda stood next to Master Qorbin, his eyes fixed squarely on the wall straight ahead of him.

?And what happed next?? Master Naa asked, biting back a smile.

?My padawan and I apologized profusely and were promptly dismissed by the King himself.,? Qorbin replied stiffly.

Yoda felt his cheeks burn. While he understood his Master?s reasons for not wanting to explain how the two of them were sent on a mission to protect King Dyer and wound up bursting into his bedchamber, interrupting a most personal rendezvous with his mistress when they?d heard strange noises, he didn?t think the Council would let them off so easily.

The Last Time

?This is it,? Master Qorbin announced, smiling down at Yoda.

Yoda nodded, inhaling deeply as he prepared to go before the Council for his Knighting ceremony. It was strange to think in just a few minutes, he would no longer be a padawan, but a Knight.

He hoped he was ready.

?You are,? Qorbin began. ?I?m very proud of you, youngling,? he continued. ?I?ve known from the beginning you are going to be a very powerful Jedi and it?s been my pleasure to teach you.?

?A better Master I could not have had,? Yoda replied as the doors swung open.

9. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    ?How you survive eating food of this kind?? Yoda gasped.

[face_laugh] You really like Yoda's taste in food don't you?
    Not That I'm complaining!!!!!!

Forget that time was amazing!

That Time Doesn?t Count [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_laugh]

The Last Time The Master Apprentice bond was amazing in this one it was so sweet!

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yoda and stew[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] and his adventures in the Jeditemple. Wonderful and the last one to see him knighted =D==D==D=

Great set=D==D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A hilarious set!!! :D :D Yoda in the laundry [face_laugh] and him and Qorbin interrupting the king -- :eek: [face_laugh] The last one was so sweet full of warmth and gratitude.

:)

12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    How does anyone survive eating Yoda's food[face_sick]

=D=

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Both sets had me grinning and then lol! You know, you are now the official Yoda expert here at TF.net. Loved how you used the jewelry set and I never pictured Yoda doing laundry before!

Well done!! =D=

14. Alasse_Earfalas

Alasse_Earfalas Jedi Master star 2

Mar 6, 2008
    OHMYGOSH, this is the CUTEST thing EVER!!! [face_laugh] [face_love]

I especially L-O-V-E all the scenes with Yaddle. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] Nice to know I have a fellow Yodel fan! ;) (Yodel = Yoda/Yaddle :*)

Add me to the PM list please!!! =D= =D= =D=

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Raphire: You really like Yoda's taste in food don't you?
    Not That I'm complaining!!!!!!.

Not especiall, no. :p

Glad you enjoyed the set ? I had a lot of fun writing it :) :)

earlybird-obi-wan: Yoda and stew [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]and his adventures in the Jeditemple. Wonderful and the last one to see him knighted

I?m enjoying showing Yoda at various stages of his Jedi life.

Jade_eyest: A hilarious set!!!

Aw, thank you! I?m glad you enjoyed them reading as much as I enjoyed writing them.

Gkilkenny: How does anyone survive eating Yoda's food?

I would imagine those Jedi powers come in handy, there :p

Jade_Pilot: Both sets had me grinning and then lol! You know, you are now the official Yoda expert here at TF.net. Loved how you used the jewelry set and I never pictured Yoda doing laundry before!

You?re very sweet for saying that. [:D]

And I?m glad I can showcase Yoda in settings unimaginable before.

Alasse_Earfalas: OHMYGOSH, this is the CUTEST thing EVER!!!

Why thank you!

Yoda has always been my favorite character and I really like showing him interacting with Yaddle.

16. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Bite the Bullet

Yoda stood next to the elevators, his heart pounding. ?Not a big deal, this is,? he chided himself. He was only going to ask Yaddle to have lunch with him, it was nothing to be nervous about.

Yet he was.

He was fidgety, his palms were sweaty and he felt like he was going to burst if she didn?t arrive soon. What was wrong with him?

He jumped when the elevator doors slid open, revealing Yaddle and two of her friends.

?Great,? he moaned.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, he asked, ?lunch with me would you like to have??

Break the Ice

Yoda finished roll call with a frown. One initiate was missing. Reaching into the Force, he sensed a frightened presence in the back of the room.

?Of your favorite room in the Temple, draw a picture,? he said to the rest of his four-year old students as he walked slowly across the room.

He gently lifted the homespun tablecloth and peered into initiate Brie Ven?s wide purple eyes. ?Better out here the light is,? he whispered with a soft smile.

Brie bit her lip.

?Sit back here you may,? Yoda continued. ?But out from under the table you must come.?

Knock on Wood

Yoda studied the list of chemical components he was supposed to combine with a frown. He had not been studying science very long, learning almost immediately it was not his strongest subject but he was required to possess a minimal knowledge of the subject.

Double-checking the list, he picked up the benzoyl peroxide and added it to the bowl of ingredients he?d concocted.

The explosion knocked him on his rear end.

?Fine I am,? he insisted when Master Jhcor rushed to his aid.

Jhcor picked up his ingredient list. ?You were supposed to use Benzyl,? he chided softly. ?Not Benzoyl.?

Off the Hook

Yoda slipped into his quarters, tiptoeing softly across the carpet to his room.

?You?d better have a good explanation for coming in this late,? Qorbin whispered in a stern tone.

Yoda froze as the lights came on. ?Hoping you would be sleeping I was,? he replied, refusing to meet his Master?s gaze.

?So was I,? Qorbin quipped. ?Now, where were you??

?In the crèche.?

Qorbin blinked in disbelief.

?New younglings arrived today,? Yoda explained. ?Very upset one was. Allowed me to comfort him he did. Hours it took me to get him to sleep.?

?Go to bed then,? Qorbin smiled.

Back Seat Driver

?Should have turned back there, don?t you think?? Yoda asked.

?Nope,? Qorbin replied, his fists tightening around the controls. ?We want to get there first and this way is a short cut.?

Yoda was silent for a moment. ?Then speed up you should.?

?Excuse me??

?If taking the long way you insist, go faster you should,? Yoda explained. ?Or get there last we will.?

?I think I know my way around Coruscant a little better than you,? Qorbin sniffed. ?Trust me.?

Yoda remained silent for the rest of the trip and when they arrived at the Temple, after everyone else.

17. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Bite the bullet Awwwww. was so sweet. Yaddle never had a chance.

Break the Ice proves Yoda and Yaddle should have gotten together. Yoda would make such an amazing father.

Back seat Driver As I said before Yoda is a sneaky little devil.

18. Alasse_Earfalas

Alasse_Earfalas Jedi Master star 2

Mar 6, 2008
    Aww, Bite the Bullet was soo cute! [face_love] Thanks for the PM! [:D]

19. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    These drabbles give me the idea that Yoda was somewhat
    of a devil when he was young.[face_devil]

Likes to be in trouble he does, ummm[face_thinking]

=D=

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D=

A great use of the prompts. :D Yoda was very sweet in Off the Hook. :D Back Seat Driver ... [face_laugh] And Knock On Wood o_O [face_laugh]

21. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Off the hook was my favortie this time. I like how you took the hints from pro-fic and the movies and expanded on Yoda's love of younglings. So often we think of him as the mighty warrior and the wize grand master, but he loved children and you caputred this well.

Well done! =D=

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    trouble with chemicals[face_laugh] and nice with new initiates that's Yoda.

Loved them all=D==D==D==D=

23. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Raphire: Bite the bullet Awwwww. was so sweet. Yaddle never had a chance. Break the Ice proves Yoda and Yaddle should have gotten together. Yoda would make such an amazing father. Back seat Driver As I said before Yoda is a sneaky little devil.

I agree Yoda and Yaddle together would have been perfect and they both would have made great parents. [face_love] [face_love]

Yes, young Yoda is quite mischievous :D

Alasse_Earfalas: Aww, Bite the Bullet was soo cute!

I?m glad you enjoyed it. I especially like writing the infatuated, nervous side of Yoda.

Gkilkenny: These drabbles give me the idea that Yoda was somewhat
    of a devil when he was young.

I think he must have been! :p

Jade_eyes: A great use of the prompts.

I?m glad you liked them.

Jade_Pilot: I like how you took the hints from pro-fic and the movies and expanded on Yoda's love of younglings

That is my favorite thing to do since we really didn?t get to see Yoda?s early years.

earlybird-obi-wan: trouble with chemicals [face_laugh] and nice with new initiates that's Yoda.

I?m enjoying expanding on certain parts of his life the movies didn?t/couldn?t cover.

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Saint

Jedi Knight Yoda ? a gift from the Gods

Yoda gazed at the headline with a heavy heart. While he was grateful the citizens of Gorsh allowed him to treat their tribal leader, he knew it was only by the will of the Force the elderly man had survived the infection that had ravished his body.

It wasn?t right that he was given all the credit or elevated to the status of anything other than what he was ? a humble Jedi Knight, doing his best to serve all the Galaxy.

He just wished he could get everyone else to understand that.

Sinner

Jedi Knight Yoda ? a disgrace to the Order

Yoda stood regally before the tribunal convened by the angry citizens of Obroa-Skai after he?d inadvertently erased a huge section of their database on the planet?s origin and early history.

He?d apologized profusely but as he learned, the Obroa-Skai took pride in having the most extensive information in their archives very seriously. And they did not have any understanding for an innocent mistake.

The meeting was long, tedious and ended only after a savvy technician announced he had been able to retrieve the information, thanks to a long forgotten back-up system.

Savior

Jedi Knight Yoda ? our savior

Yoda ignored the headline as he made his way to the MedCenter to deliver the last of the medicine Chancellor Myrishi arranged to be sent to Woostri after a planet wide drought destroyed all the food crops, leaving it?s citizens starving and vulnerable to disease.

The Republic had arranged relief immediately but Umguli pirates threatened to hijack the ships.

Yoda volunteered to lead a small squadron to engage the pirates, allowing the supplies to get through. It was through the combined efforts of all that the mission was successful.

He just couldn?t convince the Woostri.

Killer

Jedi Knight Yoda ? heartless assassin

Tears filled Yoda?s eyes as he stood at by the stretcher holding the body of King Holgor?s daughter. The ten-year old had fallen ill the day before and rapidly deteriorated before her horrified parent?s eyes.

Yoda had arrived at the palace as quickly as he could with the only medicine, known to treat the illness. He?d offered to use the Force to assist with healing but her traditional parents had refused.

Yoda?s heart broke when it became clear the child would not recover. That the citizens of Aldagor blamed him only added to his grief.

Martyr

Jedi Knight Yoda ? useless in negotiations.

Yoda ignored the jeers from the Recopian crowds as he headed towards his ship, silently reassuring himself he was doing the right thing.

His arrival was met with cheers from both feuding clans, hopeful he would be able to settle the dispute threatening to plunge the planet into war.

He?d done his job but respectfully took no credit when the leaders explained the necessity of their people thinking they were able to resolve their differing opinions themselves or risk loosing their positions, causing more strife.

Yoda knew his sacrifice was for the greater good.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Beautiful insights in Yoda's life.

and Killer:_| How could those parents refuse that from Yoda.

Great use of the prompts
    =D==D==D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.