main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A shining light in Darkness Dear Diary Challenge 2014 Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I paced back and forth as the next two hours slowly went by. I haven’t heard from Dooku or Ventriss. I just hoped she kept herself from attempting to go after him and just find out what was going on. If she was caught, wouldn’t we have heard from Dooku long before now?

“I see you’re attempting to wear a hole in the floor,” Bail commented causing me to look up and smile sheepishly.

“Sorry Bail, I’m edgy,” I explained with a frown as Anakin entered back in. I raised a brow in his direction. “Well Ani Pani?”

“I wish you wouldn't call me that,” Anakin made a sour face before turning his attention to Ventriss following close behind him. I released a breath I didn’t realize I was holding.

“What did you find out, Ventriss?” I questioned as she silently walked up to the holo projection and hooked up a cube.

“I intercepted a transmission twenty minutes ago between Sidious and his filthy pet,” Ventriss explained as she turned it on.

I walked forward as Anakin and Obi-Wan closed in to listen. Palpatine appeared and spoke. “Lord Tyrannus, has Master Colias accepted your offer to back down for four years?”

“No not yet, I gave her two hours to think it over,” Dooku explained. “I know the others will not persuade her not too. This is a difficult request of her, four years of not being active is not her way.”

“An internal conflict, well done my apprentice,” Palpatine gave a sickening smile “As of now I have probes scouring the galaxy looking for the place where the Jedi decided to hide.”

“Not good,” Obi-Wan commented as he ran his fingers through his beard.

“In four years time, Brice Colias’s clone will be fully grown, trained in the ways of the dark side and ready to kill the knights and masters.”

I shook my head, they planned to use a clone of my son? I hoped they renamed him because I didn’t want others to get the wrong idea. I felt my anger rise knowing Palpatine planned to drag my son’s name through the mud. I felt a hand on my shoulder causing me to look up at Anakin.

“Watch your anger, Fress. It will lead to your undoing,’ Anakin warned as I released my anger into the Force.

“Becoming between a mother and her child is not a wise choice, my master,” Dooku pointed out with a frown.

“That is why I allowed her to take back her son. You must convince her to step out of the holo as I prepare the clone without her attempting to interrupt my plans.”

“So that’s why,” Bail commented as he hit pause. “He must’ve found a way to speed up the growing process.”

“There was a theory that if you remove the Force from the clones it would speed up the growing process,” Obi-Wan explained as he turned his attention to me with a frown. “It’s up to you. If you decide to step aside for four years, keep up with what you have learned and prepare your children. Brice’s vocabulary is advanced like we allowed with Drake’s. I would suggest to advance Brice’s training as much as possible. Dooku is right, you have a child to prepare.”

I did not want to take away his childhood but it looks like Palpatine already had. I sighed in frustration. This made my decision more difficult. If Palpatine did find the hide out where the Jedi were. I would find myself breaking that promise.

Tbc

Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, Venator88, serendipityaey, RX_Sith

RX_Sith likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: and [face_nail_biting] Fress is in between two rocks and a hard place.

Falcon likes this.
  3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Unfortunately Fress has to step aside while Dooku and Palpatine reap the rewards.

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I took a deep breath and stepped inside the holo field as Dooku looked at me with a raised brow. I glanced behind me as Bail and Obi-Wan nodded for me to speak. This was a difficult decision to make, if it kept my people safe then I was willing to step aside. "I have given your proposal some thought."

"What have you decided, Master Colias?" Dooku questioned with a raised brow.

"If you withdraw your forces immediately, I will oblige stepping aside for the next four years," I answered wanting to bite my tongue. I would rather be fighting but I had to prepare Brice for the rough road ahead.

"I will immediately withdraw my forces. You made a wise decision," Dooku cut the transmission as I turnd my attention to Anakin who was standing over a radar.

"Imperials are leaving the planet and making the jump to hyperspace, the first two cruisers have left," Anakin reported as he turned his attention to me.

"I don't like this Anakin," I made a sour face and shook my head. "Four years of not fighting? I'm going to end up in the nut house."

"In those four years you will be preparing Brice for the rough path he will face," Anakin pointed as he stepped forward and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, the time will fly by before you know it."

"Thanks Ani."
    ------------------------
    I walked upto Breha Organa and gave a slight bow. "Your highness, Prince Bail informed me you wished to speak with me."

Breha smiled as she walked forward. "You need not to be so formal, Fress. Bail has informed me you agreed to step aside for four years keeping Alderaan safe. I am grateful you have your people's safety at heart. I know this was not an easy decision to make."

I straightened myself and gave a slight nod in agreement. "No it was not. I've always been active in the battlefield. In the mean time I will be preparing my child. Palpatine is raising a clone of my son for his own means. I would rather go after that clone, since I'm aware of it. Palpatine will make it next to impossible to do so."
    "We will have to find a way to stop him, there are rumors about a weapon in the process of being built," Breha commented with a saddened expression. "With this weapon it's rumored he can destroy planets. No one knows the location."

"No one would be safe from it," I felt chills grip my back. A weapon that destroys planets? What kind of a weapon can destroy a planet? The most powerful laser beam could destroy a cruiser but it would take a massive about of power to destroy a planet. "If there is such a weapon, it will be found."
    "In the mean time. I'm wondering if you and Master Shern would join Bail and I for dinner?"

"On behalf of Jess we accept the invitation," I smiled gratefully as Breha smiled. Being invited to dine with the Queen of Alderaan was an honor. I followed her out of the room as I sent a message to Jess's comlink. If a weapon did exist it would have to be massive in order to take out a whole planet. Something massive would be difficult to hide for long. Palpatine would be able to resist using the weapon. Only time would tell if it was true or not.

TBC

@Nyota's Heart, @DaenaBenjen42, @Venator88, @serendipityaey, @RX_Sith

RX_Sith likes this.
  5. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    It's too bad that Alderaan will eventually be the planet that will be destroyed, so Fress in effect stopped fighting for nothing.

Falcon likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I know that that decision was hard but I think Fress will be able to find and actually participate in strategizing and more subtle forms of thwarting the Empire. [face_thinking]

Falcon likes this.
  7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I stood beside Jess as Ahsoka and Rex sat down beside Drake on the bed. I reminded myself to breathe in and out. It was the only thing that kept me from breaking down and crying. Drake was losing the battle but it wasn’t the disease he was born with. He developed an infection and didn’t have the strength to fight it off. The medic told us it would be any time now. We allowed Mekaila, Luke, and Leia to say their goodbyes before Obi-Wan took the children to his place for the night. The blood tests came back letting us know that Drake would not make it through the night.

I glanced over my shoulder as Padme walked in with a tray with water. She placed the tray down as I took up a glass and handed it to Ahsoka. “Here, you need to keep hydrated.”

“Thanks,” Ahsoka stared at the glass and slowly drunk it as Rex gave some to Drake. “We all knew what was going to happen, I was hoping for a little more time.”

I was worried about her. I also knew one day in the future, they could adopt another child. We knew this day was coming, it was still difficult. “We did all we could. We did give him a good childhood.”

“I know,” Ahsoka was holding Drake’s hand and gently laid her free hand against Drake’s forehead. “The fever hasn’t broken.”

It had been eight hours and the fever was still going strong. The medic did everything he could to break it. The Medic explained since Drake’s immune system was compromised it didn’t look promising. Drake didn’t have the strength left to fight anymore.

Anakin had tried healing techniques to no avail. It seemed the Force’s will was to take Drake tonight. Drake opened his eyes, they were red and blood shot. “How are you feeling?” Ahsoka questioned quietly.

“Don’t be sad, mom,” Drake whispered. “I look forward to not being in pain anymore. I love you both.”

“We love you too,” Rex whispered taking a hold of Drake’s free hand, he leaned over and kissed Drake on the forehead as I sensed Anakin walking in behind Padme. “It’s okay to let go, son.”

“We love you, Drake. Let go, sweetheart,” Ahsoka encouraged in a shaky tone. “It’s okay to let go.”

Drake looked at everyone in the room and smiled bravely. “Thank you, I love you all. You’re my family.” He closed his eyes as I sense his life Force slip away. His chest heaved one last time and he was gone.

I leaned into Jess as Ahsoka and Rex held onto each other. We knew this day was coming but no one said it was easy to say goodbye. Drake was no longer in pain and that was the only way I could look at it. We did our best to care for him and that was what mattered most to Drake, that he was loved in this life. Clear blue Skies, Drake. We will miss you.

RX_Sith likes this.
  8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Sad to see Drake pass away, but at least Rex and Ahsoka were prepared for it.

Falcon likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Incredibly touching Falcon [:D] [:D]

Falcon likes this.
  10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Two months later

I waited anxiously for Brice’s results from a test to place him in a grade. I had a bad feeling his thinking was far more advanced then Mekaila’s was. He talked like a twelve-year-old and not your typical five-year-old. Jess was sitting in a chair watching me pace back and forth. I decided to place Brice according to his learning curve. The damage had already been done. This general test would allow me to place Brice in the proper grade. Why did I have a bad feeling about this?

“Fress and Jess,” the teacher spoke from the doorway as Brice bounced in with a smirk.

I stopped pacing as Jess stood up and walked to my side. “Well, how did he do?”

The teacher looked at the results and shook her head. “He’s at a seventh year reading level,” the teacher explained with a frown. “I’m curious as to how a five-year-old is this advanced and Mekaila is barely at level one?”

I closed my eyes as Jess hugged me from the side. Palpatine planned to rob Brice of his childhood. I knew Brice’s vocabulary was advanced but I didn’t realize it was more advanced then what we allowed for Drake. I knew the principal was waiting for an answer. “Palpatine had Brice in his care for the past five years. We only recently got him back.”

“I see, considering his learning curve I suggest at least a minimum of fifth year reading level, if you’re okay with that suggestion?” The teacher suggested as I glanced down at Brice.

“It’s up to Brice,” I answered with a frown. “He can decide on his own,” I glanced down at Brice as he looked a little confused. “It’s up to you, Brice. We won’t force you into anything you don’t want to do, we’ll back you in any decision you make,” if I could kill Palpatine over the holo unit I wouldn’t hesitate.
    Brice shouldn’t be capable of making these kinds of decisions at this age.

Brice bit on his lower lip as I kneeled down to his height and waited for an answer. He seemed hesitant to answer, almost like he was with an inner conflict about which grade to go into. “I want to be a kid again, I don’t know how. I also want to continue with my studies.”

The look of confusion and fear was sorely misplaced on a face so young. It broke my heart to see him this conflicted at this age. I was more worried about how the other kids would react and I suspect we may be better off paying a private tutor. “Did you want to think about it first?” I questioned with smile as Brice nodded. “Is it possible for a tour and see how the kids behave? We may just decide on a private tutor due to the circumstances.”

Brice’s face brightened with a grin and the teacher nodded in agreement. “It can be arranged,” the teacher agreed with a smile.
    ---------------------------
    We walked into the classroom as everyone turned their attention to us. I felt nervous for the first time in a long time. Not for myself but for Brice. Jess nudged me from the side as I felt him calm my fear. “Do that again, dearest and you will be sleeping on the couch for a week.”

“He’ll be fine, sweetheart,” Jess whispered in a gentle tone. “It’ll be worth the week as long you don’t give into your fear and I end chasing you.”

“Brice, please take a seat and your parents may observe from the back of the room,” the teacher at the front said after conversing with the principal.

Brice walked to an empty seat and slid in as Jess and I walked to the back of the room. Out of the eyesight of his possible peers was a good idea. As I listened to the teacher ask questions and Brice answered easily made me realize how many years Palpatine stole from my five-year-old son. I clenched my fists as anger swept through me causing Brice to turn around in his seat and stared at me with wide eyes. I cursed under my breath knowing Brice had sensed my sudden mood change. Jess gently nudged my shoulder as I stared at him. If I ever got the chance to kill Palpatine for what he did with my son, I would not hesitate running my lightsaber blade through the corpse. If I knew than what I know now, I wouldn’t have agreed to step aside in the war. A five year old should not know about these things. He’s supposed to be at the age of catching his parents in the act and causing Jess and I to make excuses about what goes behind closed doors. Palpatine not only stole Brice’s child hood but his innocence.

I swallowed hard as I motioned for Brice to turn around. Brice turned around as I projected my thoughts into Jess’s mind through the Force bond. //If I knew Palpatine taught Brice about sex at age five, I wouldn’t have agreed to step aside in the war for four years.//

//I have a feeling that’s the real reason. A four-year cooling off period,// Jess answered back. //Palpatine knew how you would react to this.//

//All bets are off. First chance I get, I’m going to hunt the coward down,// I promised through the Force. As far as I’m concerned the man painted a large target on his back. I will kill him where Anakin failed to do so, prophecy or no prophecy.
    TBC

RX_Sith likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super plan about the tutor. :eek: I am so with Fress on the target on the back thingy. :p Once a child loses their innocence, nothing can give it back :(

Falcon likes this.
  12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    So sad that Brice's innocence is lost; hopefully Fress will allow things to occur as thet are supposed to.

Falcon likes this.
  13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I watched as Brice sat by himself in the corner during their recess time. It was disheartening to see a five-year-old realize what his real learning curve should’ve been like then what Palpatine had subjected him too. I glanced at Jess feeling slightly worried as a twelve-year-old boy approached Brice with a curious expression. I found myself holding my breath hoping nothing bad came out of this encounter.

Jess placed an arm around my waist in a protective manner as the preteen and my son talk about things. I wished I could hear what they were talking about but so far Brice seemed to be at ease. The other kids hadn’t said or done anything but that could change once Jess and I left Brice by himself. I glanced to my side as Anakin walked up to me with a smile. “How are Luke and Leia settling in?” I questioned with a curious expression.

“Just fine, Mekaila seems to be the social butterfly amongst all the children and have already made friends with three children,” Anakin answered. “Reminds me of someone at that age.”

“You’re not the father, Anakin,” I teased causing his face to turn sour.

“How is Brice making out?” Anakin questioned after a minute of silence.

“Palpatine taught him about the birds and the bees,” I answered with a growl. “He’s five and should be playing in the sand or mud or something not hearing about sexual body parts until he’s thirteen. I want to be the one to kill Palpatine for what he did.”

“It’s my job to stop Palpatine,” Anakin reminded me with a frown. “I’m the chosen one, remember?”

“I know,” I took a deep breath and slowly released it. “It’s frustrating to know Palpatine took away his innocence at such an early age.”

“Looks like Brice made a friend,” Anakin pointed out with a small smile as Brice and the preteen walked over to us.

“It would be nice if he hung around children his own age, but his development is too far advanced for that,” I muttered under my breath causing Anakin to nod in agreement.

“Mom, dad this is Ben Grias,” Brice introduced with a tight smile. “Can he come over for dinner tonight?”

“As long as it’s okay with his parents,” I answered with a frown as Brice’s face brightened.

“Is it true that he’s only five?” Ben questioned with a frown.

“It’s true and under unusual circumstances,” Jess confirmed with a frown. “That is why we’re supervising the first day.”

“He claims to know Anakin Skywalker,” Ben said with a frown.

“You’re looking at him, kid,” Anakin answered with a smug grin. I shook my head knowing Anakin was well known on Tatooine due to him being the only human to win a pod race.

“You’re Anakin Skywalker?” Ben questioned in awe as he looked at Anakin. “Really?”

“In the flesh,” Anakin smirked causing me to roll my eyes.

“Don’t let it go to your head, Sky Guy,” I warned with a hiss causing Anakin to frown. “We don’t need anyone boosting your ego,” I gave a teasing grin causing Anakin to roll his eyes. “Ben, how old are you?”

“I’m ten,” Ben answered with a grin. “I skipped two whole grades this year.”

Maybe this won’t be so bad for Brice after all, if Ben is a little closer to Brice’s age that would be beneficial to my son in the long run. “That’s impressive,” I said with a smile as Brice grinned. “We would be more then happy to have you over, make sure you ask your parents first, all right?”

“Yes ma’am,” Ben answered with a grin. “Thank you, ma’am.”

Ma’am? I questioned silently to myself as I heard Anakin snicker at the comment. By the Force I’m barely in my twenties, do I look like a ma’am to this kid? I watched as Ben and Brice ran off to play as I heard more snickering coming from behind me. I glared at Anakin causing him to go into a rolling fit of laughter. Keep laughing Sky Guy, someone is getting a make over tonight.
    ---------------
    RX_Sith, Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42,serendipityaey, Venator88

RX_Sith likes this.
  14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great that Brice has a friend named Ben who worships Sky Guy.

Falcon likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice that there is someone with a precocious mind that Brice can hang around with. Love the teasing. ;)

Falcon likes this.
  16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I stood over Anakin’s bed as he slept in a very deep restful sleep. He was going to need it by the time I was done with him. I took the pink hair crawler and dropped it in his hair as I dropped a green and blue one on different sides of his head. I smirked as I watched the hair molt into a blue, green, and pink clown style hair colour. As the crawlers finished their work, I plucked them out of his hair.

I rigged the refresher with a holo recorder to record his reaction. I placed a note on the mirror with the words, who’s laughing now, Sky Guy?

I grinned as I silently left Anakin and Padme’s room and slowly crept back to Jess’s and mine room. I crawled into bed and closed my eyes.
    --------------------------
    Morning

The howl startled me out of sleep. I swear it loud enough to wake the dead. I pulled the covers over my head as I felt the bed shift as Jess’s head appeared underneath the sheet. He had a strange look in his eyes causing me to give a sheepish smile. “Please tell me you didn’t color his hair again.”

“He shouldn’t have continued to laugh yesterday,” I explained as the door slammed open. “I love you and will always be with you. Send my love to the children.”

“I’ll make sure they write killed from pulling a prank on your headstone,” Jess teased as Anakin yanked the covers off of us.

“Morning Ani, nice morning isn’t it?” I questioned as Jess choked on his spit. Anakin’s head looked like a clown from the Jawa’s circus. The blue, pink and green stripped perfectly. I bit on my lip as he didn’t say a word and walked back out. That was never a good sign.

I slid out of bed and pulled a robe over me and walked out of the bedroom to be greeted by a pie in my face. Anakin just lost my sympathy vote as I reached up and pulled the pie plate off me. “And here I thought you were really mad with me.” I heard Anakin busting another gut, as I tasted the pie filling. It was chocolate and crème, one of my favourites. “Chocolate and crème, thanks Ani.”

“You’re welcome,” Anakin answered in between breaths. “I’ll spring for the dry cleaning.”

“That’s decent of you,” I chuckled lightly and walked into the refresher and saw the note. I still got the last laugh, Fress. I heard Jess chuckling outside the refresher. “Jess, make yourself useful and grab me some clean clothes please.”

“Since you said please,” Jess answered as I heard him walk away from the door. I shook my head. Nice, something tells me Anakin anticipated my actions last night and bought the pie ahead of time.
    ------------------
    I walked out of the refresher and headed into the kitchen where everyone was gathered around the table. Obi-Wan was grinning as the children were giggling madly as Anakin’s new hairdo. “Who’s idea was it to buy the pie?”

Mekaila raised her hand with a cheeky grin. “Grandpa asked what flavour you liked.”

“Very helpful my darling daughter,” I sat at the table noticing Brice was hiding a grin behind his hand. “Mekaila, ask Grandpa what flavour of pie he likes.”

“Don’t even think about it,” Anakin warned with a smirk. “That wouldn’t really stop you, now would it?”

I shook my head with a grin as Anakin whispered something to Mekaila’s ear. Mekaila in turn ran to me and whispered berries in my ear. I glanced at Anakin as he held up another pie. “Once was enough, Ani. Better yet, let’s have that for dessert after breakfast,” which caused all the children to cheer.

“Sounds like a plan to me,” Anakin placed the pie on the counter as Brice climbed into my lap. “When did you want to start training Brice in the Force?”

“After school, does that sound okay to you?” I questioned with a frown as Brice nodded.

“After I do my home work,” which caused me to frown and shake my head sadly. Brice shouldn’t be worrying about homework yet.

“Sounds like a plan to me,” I hugged Brice to me as Anakin placed a plate of eggs, toast and sausage in front of me. “You made me breakfast, this doesn’t have hot peppers in it again, does it?”

“Nope, I figure the pie was good enough for me,” Anakin answered as he placed plates down in front of everyone as I allowed Brice to slide off my lap and joined the children at the other table. “You at least bought me a normal hair colour right?”

I nodded as I reached into my pocket anticipating Anakin’s request and pulled out a natural dark blond colour and handed it to Anakin. “This should be close your natural colour.”

“Thanks,” Anakin dropped the crawler in his pocket. I had a feeling he planned to use it after washing the other colour out or most of it anyways. “I’m going to be busy washing the hair dye out, would you mind taking the children to school for me this morning?”

“Yeah sure,” I answered as we all went to eat. Obi-Wan shook his head sadly as he ate his breakfast. “Obi-Wan, what’s the purpose of your visit?”

”Anakin asked me to pick up two pies this morning, I found it a strange request but had a feeling things would be interesting this morning,” Obi-Wan explained with a grin.

“For shame, Anakin. Getting your master to do the dirty work for you?” I questioned in a teasing tone.

“At least I didn’t colour my former master’s hair,” Anakin shot back with a sarcastic grin on his lips.

“Some things never change, do they?” Obi-Wan questioned with a raised brow. Anakin and I have been pulling pranks on each other shortly after being paired as master and padawan. Not to mention the banter. I smirked and nodded in agreement. Some things would never change. It was fun to pull on each other’s leashes once in a while.
    ----------------------
    Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith, serendipityaey, Venator88, DaenaBenjen42

RX_Sith likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Fun pranking and I love that flavor of pie too. ;)

Falcon likes this.
  18. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great pranks all around on Anakin.

Falcon likes this.
  19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Three months later

I walked behind Anakin and Obi-Wan as Mon Mothma bowed to us causing me to smile. I hadn’t seen her since before the temple was attacked. I returned the bow as Mon spoke.

“Welcome aboard Home One, Master Jedi’s, It is good to see you again, please follow me,” Mon turned towards a hallway leading off towards what looked like a set of offices. I was curious as to why she invited us here.

No one spoke a word until we followed Mon Mothma into an office as she closed the door behind Obi-Wan. I sat down in one of the three chairs as Anakin and Obi-Wan took up the other two chairs. Mon stepped behind the desk and sat down. “I’m curious as to why you requested our presence here.”

“I’m under the impression from Bail that you agreed to step aside in the war for four years,” Mon answered with a frown. “To keep Alderaan safe from the Empire, that must’ve been a difficult decision to make.”

“It was,” I gave a sigh and shook my head. “I didn’t see too much of a choice. I have my children to prepare in the ways of the Force. I have a feeling this war will be still going by the time they reach eighteen.”

“Not if we can get to Palpatine and kill him first,” Mon pointed out as she turned on a holo projector. “We have a way into the palace to his chambers,” she explained as the image walked us through the basement and through a hidden hallway. “This is how he gets in and out without anyone knowing. As soon as we discovered this passageway we had rigged up visuals to monitor it.”

“Palpatine cloned my son,” I explained with a serious expression. “And I was reassured I had my son back and not a clone of him. Before we make a move, I would like to have a skin test performed to make sure this is true.”

“I’m aware of that, Fress. That is why I requested for you to bring him along so we can be sure before moving forward,” Mon reassured me with a smile. “That will be our go light.”

I nodded as the door behind us opened. Jess stepped in with Brice standing behind him with a smile. “So, what did the tests reveal?”

“The skin test came back positive that Brice is no clone, the skin is the same age of Mekaila’s,” Jess answered as I felt relief wash through me. “What’s the plan?”

“Where is Mekaila?” Anakin questioned as he glanced behind Jess and Brice.

“Take a wild guess,” Jess answered with a smirk. “Reminds me of someone in this room.”

“The sims?” I questioned with a small smile causing Jess to nod. “Who is with her?”

“Ahsoka and Rex are, Leia doesn’t seem to show too much interest so Mekaila and Luke are trying to see who the better pilot is,” Jess answered with a grin as Leia moved past Brice and Jess. Padme followed closely behind Leia.

“That’s my boy,” Anakin grinned from ear to ear. “I can see who he’s going to take after,” he smirked as Leia crawled into Anakin’s lap. “Leia, are you sure you don’t want to learn?”

“Just the basics,” Leia answered as Padme hugged Mon Mothma. “Mommy said I could learn something about politics.”

“And we know who Leia is going take after,” Anakin glanced at Padme as Padme gave him a grin.

“They both couldn’t take after you, Ani,” Padme pointed out. “Leia is more interested in what I did in the senate.”

“Two politicians in the family, Force help us all,” Anakin commented causing Padme to smack him in the shoulder. Obi-Wan and Jess chuckled. “Teaching you self defence isn’t a bad idea, Leia and some basic Force training.”

“That sounds like a good idea,” Obi-Wan agreed. “I believe Luke wants to become a Jedi like you. You just never know what kinds of situations you will end up in. Giving Leia lessons will do her some good.”

Padme had a thoughtful look in her eyes as she nodded in agreement. “It sounds like a good idea. How does that sound to you, Leia?” She questioned with a soft smile.

Leia leaned against Anakin as he tightened his grip loving around her as she thought over the question. “I can still learn to be a senator, right?”

“Of course sweetheart,” Anakin answered as he kissed Leia on top of her head. “You can be whatever you decide to be. Learning self-defense and how to use a blaster or lightsaber wouldn’t be a bad idea either. I have a feeling Leia maybe a Consular Jedi.”

“Sounds like it, I’m more of Sentinel, Anakin you’re more of a Guardian I suspect.” I could tell Leia wanted to be a politician like Padme was and that brought a smile to my lips as Leia nodded in agreement. I had a feeling Leia would be a Consular Jedi. They were the ones who worked more closely with the politicians and worked closely with the children. Guardians relied on raw strength and lightsaber skills. Sentinels were more into using stealth mode, computer skills, were just as good with their lightsaber skills as a Guardian was, they were more adapt to learning about anything including using blasters. I hugged Brice to me as I heard him sigh. “So Brice, any thoughts on what you may be interested in learning more about?” I questioned in a gentle tone.

“I don’t know about being a fighter,” Brice answered in a quiet tone. I had a sinking feeling Palpatine already began his grooming for the political arena. “I watched Senators in the arena, would love to learn more.”

I glanced at Jess as he raised an eyebrow. I don’t know if either of us have a politician in the family at some point but if Brice had a tutor like Padme or Mon Mothma, he may turn into a good one. I glanced at Leia who was grinning and nodding excitedly as Anakin gave me a sympathy expression. “We can train you as a Jedi Consular, they worked closely with the politicians,” I turned my attention to Padme with a smile. “Padme, how do you feel about taking on another protégé?”

“I would be honoured to teach Brice,” Padme answered with a genuine smile with a hint of excitement. “I will teach him everything I know.”

“Thank you Padme, we appreciate it,” Jess said with a smile as Brice grinned from ear to ear.

Mon’s communicator went off as she answered it with a frown. “Good to see you again, Senator Shern. What word of the skin test on Brice’s clone?”

“The skin test on this Brice is four and a half years old, and the original is five I believe?” Senator Shern questioned with a serious expression.

I felt relief wash through me. It seems Palpatine didn’t waste any time cloning my son. I hugged Brice closer to me thankful there was a six-month difference. A part of me wondered how he managed to get that close to Brice’s Clone in the first place. Wait did Mon address this senator as Shern? I glanced at Jess who was staring at the holo projector with a gaping mouth. Jedi children were taken from their homes at early ages. I reached for Jess’s hand and raised an eyebrow.

“Did you know?” I gently questioned as Jess shook his head no.

“Senator Shern, would you like to meet your grandson?” Mon asked with a gentle smile as Brice slide off my lap and walked beside her. “He’s interested in becoming a Senator.”

“Is Jess there too?” Shern asked as Jess stood up and took Mons place in front of the holo field. “Son, your mother and I have been worried since we learned of the temple being destroyed. We weren’t sure if you were there or not at the time.”

“The family is safe and we’ll make mutual arrangements for you to come visit. Just know the family is safe and doing well,” Jess explained as he placed his hands on Brice’s shoulders. “I know it’s been a difficult decision to give me up. Thank you, for allowing me to do something great with my life.”

“That’s what we were hoping for,” Shern explained with a smile. “We love you and we’re proud of you. Who is the mother?”

“Anakin Skywalker’s former padawan learner, Fress Colias from Alderaan,” Jess answered. “She’s wonderful and I know you will love her. Brice has a twin sister by the name Mekaila.”

“I have a granddaughter too?” Shern’s face lit up with pure delight. “When do we get to meet the family?”

“Soon hopefully,” Jess answered as I nodded in agreement.

I stood up and joined Jess in the holofield. “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“It’s nice to meet you too and please call me Derrick,” Derrick smiled gently as Brice latched onto my hand. “I am curious as to how Palpatine came into getting a hold of my grandson in the first place.”

“Kidnapped from the med ward two hours after he was born,” I explained with a saddened expression. I explained the rest of the story, how a desperate mother wanted a healthy child switching Drake with Brice. How the nurse tried to pass Drake off as my child, Ahsoka and Rex raising a sick child giving him a good home until he passed away more than a couple of months ago from a generic disease. By the time I was done Derrick was quiet with a thoughtful expression on his face.

“Would Rex and Ahsoka be interested in adopting a little girl?” Derrick questioned after a full minute of silence. “She’s in need of a home and she’s been identified as a Force sensitive. If the Empire finds out… She will be killed.”

If Rex adopted a girl, he would be a scary father to face in attempts of dating her, I thought to myself. “We would have to ask them. They’re down in the simulators with Luke and Mekalia,” I explained with a smile. “We can ask them for you, if you want?”

“Please do. In the next twenty-four hours, we have to move quickly,” Derrick explained with a serious expression.

“They already know, don’t they?” I questioned feeling my heart sink.

Derrick gave a confirming nod. “They will execute her in the next forty-eight hours.”

“Who are they executing?” I heard Ahsoka questioned from behind me.

I turned my attention to her as Mekaila and Luke bounded in with Rex bringing up the rear. I bit on my lip as I glanced at Jess. Stepping aside may cost this little girl her life.
    ------------------------
    RX_Sith, Nyota's Heart, Venator88, serendipityaey

RX_Sith likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew, I know the final verdict on Brice was a relief and the plans for infiltrating the palace are now possible to work on. Woot on the family reunion/meeting to come and yay for a win-win adoption. :D

Falcon likes this.
  21. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Glad to see that Brice is not a clone and that Rex and Ahsoka may have a new child.

Falcon likes this.
  22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Ahsoka and Rex immediately came up with a plan to rescue the girl, and Anakin planned to invade the palace as we got away with the girl. I didn’t plan to allow Anakin to go in by himself. He would only get himself killed.

I had a bad feeling about this. It felt like a trap. But why would Jess’s father lie? I didn’t think that was the case. I had a feeling it had to do with Anakin invading the palace to take out Palpatine. I felt another twist in my stomach and knew it had to do with the passage Mon’s spies discovered. What if that was the trap?

I was pacing back and forth inside the main living area of the Rogue as Anakin walked out of the room he was sleeping in with a concerned expression on his facial features as I stopped. “This is a bad idea, Anakin. You can’t take him on in the palace. We’ll find a way to draw him out in the open. I have a feeling you’ll be killed.”

Anakin’s face paled causing me to raise an eyebrow in his direction. “You’re right,” he agreed as I walked to his side and took his hand into mine. “I had a vision. We’ll have to find another time and place.”

“What about the little girl?” I questioned as Anakin smiled with color returning to his face.

”That’s still on and we’ll succeed in rescuing her,” Anakin answered as he walked to the couch and sat down. “Is this the reason you can’t sleep?”

“It is,” I answered honestly. “We’ll find a way to draw Palpatine out, no matter how long it takes. One day we will kill him.”

“I know,” Anakin gave a slight smile as I sat down on the chair across from him. “Mon wasn’t happy when I told her and she’s made other arrangements.”

“Who ever goes will be killed, this needs to be left up to you and we can’t force our hand until the time is right,” I felt frustration well up in me. Mon didn’t want to listen and who ever goes will be killed. Palpatine was not someone that was going to be easy to kill.

“There is nothing we can do, Fress. Mon has already made up her mind,” Anakin explained as I nodded in agreement. “Padme spent an hour after you left the room to prepare for the trip. She was attempting to talk her out of this idea.”

Knowing Anakin planned not to follow through caused me to feel more at ease. I felt sleep beckon me as I stood up. “I’m going to get some sleep. Night Anakin.”

“Night Fress,” Anakin stood up and headed back to his room as I headed to the bunk to rejoin Jess. I lay down beside him and closed my eyes.
    -----------------------
    I waited for Ahsoka’s signal that they had the little girl with them. I was ready to fly the ship at a moments notice. I glanced behind me as Saber continued to twitter and tweet nervously. Artoo had gone with Anakin and Ahsoka. Rex was in the cannon and Jess was in a fighter waiting half a jump away from the system. Come on Anakin and Ahsoka, let us know we can get out of here.

“Something is wrong, it shouldn’t be taking this long,” Rex commented over the comlink. “I don’t like this.”

“We have to give them more time, Rex. You know how Anakin likes to make his exits,” I joked nervously. That could be bad. Anakin had a way of attracting attention like a Jawa eyeing your speeder before you have a chance to set it down, and Ahsoka was just as good at getting into trouble.

“That is what worries me,” Rex commented over the comm.. “Anakin, you and Ahsoka were considered triple duty over time.”

“Hey what is that supposed…” I stopped for a minute and thought about the gist. Rex was teasing. I was just as good at attracting trouble as they were. “Sorry to be such an inconvenience.”

“Don’t be, it kept the missions from becoming boring,” Rex explained in a teasing tone. “Every time Anakin and Obi-Wan got together we would have to rescue them from a Gun Dark nest.”

I smirked and nodded. Gun dark nests seemed to be their favourite place to hang out. Unintentionally of course, but it seems no one intended to let the two live it down anytime soon either.

Before another word was spoken I heard Ahsoka’s hushed tones come over the ships communicator, which only meant things have swung south.
    “Snips to Firecracker, we’re on the roof. Time to come get us,” Ahsoka explained in a hushed tone. “Anakin drew unwanted attention.”

Big surprise there, I thought sarcastically. “Firecracker to Snips, we’re on our way. Stand by Rex,” I heard Rex acknowledge as I took the ship’s engines off standby and took off from the pad we were sitting on. Without clearance of course, did you expect us to do this any other way? I smirked at the thought. Since when did we ever do anything normal? I pushed the ships engines to their limits to make to the landing pad in thirty seconds. There was Anakin blocking blasts from storm troopers on the roof as I maneuvered the ship down to the roof where Ahsoka and the little girl were waiting for us to come. “Tell Sky Guy to move it,” I commanded over the com channel as I signaled to Jess we were already in trouble.

I sensed a powerful Force push as Anakin pushed all the storm troopers against the wall as he followed Ahsoka and the girl up the ramp. I heard Rex fire the cannons at the troopers to keep them from getting to their feet again. “Is everyone onboard?”

“We’re good, go Fress go,” Anakin shouted as he joined me in the cockpit and strapped himself into the co-pilots seat as I pushed the ship towards space. “We have incoming at five-o-clock,” he commented as the cannons in the back came alive. Both Ahsoka and Rex had taken up the cannons as I spotted Jess’s fighter shooting. “There’s Jess,” Anakin pointed out as he punched in coordinates. “Coordinates are set.”

I nodded as I headed for a clear shot as Jess trailed not too far behind me taking out TIES as we went. We planned to make a couple of short jumps and a ten minute jump to meet up with Jess to pick up the fighter so he didn’t have to stay in there for the whole trip back to Tatooine. I watched as Jess disappeared into light speed as I pulled back on the lever and counted down the seconds as the stars turned into lines. At least we got the girl and everyone walked away without too many scratches.
    ----------------------
    Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith, serendipityaey, Venator88

RX_Sith likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew, I'm glad that Anakin was pulled out of the trap/seemingly too easy solution in the first scene. Second scene =D= nonstop action.

Falcon likes this.
  24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great rescue of the girl by Anakin and Ahsoka.

Falcon likes this.
  25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I finished putting the ship onto autopilot and turned my attention to Anakin with a raised brow. “You call that rescuing quietly?”

“Wasn’t my fault,” Anakin explained as I waited for a further explanation. “They were taking the girl to the execution room and we had to move quickly or lose our opportunity,” he pulled off the skin mask that hid his identity. “Palpatine was waiting for us to show up in the passage way. I could sense his irritation that we didn’t fall for it.”

“Well at least we got away, whether or not he will come searching for us is another question entirely,” I stood up and headed to the back to meet this little girl. A small blond girl that looked to be about seven or eight looked up with a shy worried smile as Ahsoka sat down beside the girl.

“We know you’re nervous,” Ahsoka said in a gentle tone as Rex joined us in the back. “Everyone is friendly and you have nothing to worry about. What is your name?”

“Tessa,” Tessa answered with a frown.

“Tessa, do you have any family we can contact for you?” Anakin questioned with a concerned expression.

“No,” Tessa answered as tears filled her eyes. “They said I’m not welcomed back because I’m Force sensitive.”

Ahsoka glanced at Rex as he nodded for her to go on. “Tessa, Rex and I organized this rescue operation. We were told your circumstances ahead of time but were unsure about any remaining family members, which is why we asked first. We would like to adopt you. If you are okay with that decision?”

Tessa looked at me as Jess wrapped an arm around my shoulders and rested his head on my shoulders. The girl looked like Mekaila a little which was a little uncanny. But Mekaila was back on Tatooine with Padme watching over the children. “Tess, we have children of our own that are a couple of years younger than you.”

“Really?” Tess questioned as she glanced at Ahsoka and Rex as her lower lip quivered. “You’re in danger because of me.”

“Most of us are Jedi except for Rex,” I explained with a small smile as Tessa’s eyes lit up with a smile. “You’re safe with us.”

“I know this seems fast for you,” Rex commented gently as he kneeled down to Tessa’s height. “Take your time making up your mind. In the mean time, we would like to take you in, regardless.”

Tessa looked at Rex and collapsed into his arms sobbing. “Oh sweetie,” Ahsoka kneeled down beside Rex and wrapped her arms around both. “You’re okay now.”

I watched as the three stayed together in the hug for the next several minutes until Tessa began to calm down a little. I had a feeling she would eventually agree to allow Rex and Ahsoka to adopt her, it was too soon for her. They both knew that and left it up to Tessa to be adopted or not. In the mean time, they had some Jedi to train. Tessa, our children and Anakin and Padme’s children were the future and we had to preserve the future anyway possible.
    _----------------------------------
    RX_Sith, Nyota's Heart

RX_Sith likes this.