main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A shining light in Darkness Dear Diary Challenge 2014 Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 1, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I like Mike already. He's totally gonna blend into the silly pranking atmosphere [face_laugh] Very nice indeed that their folks will get to see both their sons and grandkids. :D

2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Sounds like the clone of Brice will indeed be used by the Emperor to do his bidding.

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I held onto Jess’s hand as we watched his parent’s shuttle land on the sand. I glanced to where Mike was standing not too from us. I sensed he was a little anxious, not that I blamed him, he hasn’t seen his parents since he was six. The lowering of the ramp brought me out of my train of thoughts as we moved forward. “Nervous?”

“Just a little, I haven’t seen them since long before I can remember,” Jess answered honestly as I heard nervousness in his tone.

“It’ll be fine, Jess,” I reassured him with a smile. “After all, we’re not married with two kids.”

”Great, now my nervousness just sky rocketed,” Jess raised an eyebrow in disbelief causing me to smile a bit.

“At least yours are still alive,” I reminded him of how my parents met their end when I was six.

“You’re right, I’m sorry sweetheart, I was being a little insensitive,” Jess was quick to apologize. “You’re my family now.”

I smiled with a slight nod as we came to a stop in front of the Shern’s causing me to feel nervous for the first time. Both looked distinguished and very well dressed, I glanced down at my clothing and felt my cheeks heat with embarrassment. I was dressed in the former attire of a Jedi.

“Jess, Mike, is that you?” Their mother questioned with a relieved smile as I let go of Jess’s hand as his mother hugged him tightly. “Thank the Force you’re both alive. When the Temple was destroyed we feared the worst.”

“I’m fine mom,” Jess took a step back as he embraced his father next. “We’re all fine here.”

Mrs. Shern tightly brought Mike in causing me to smile trying to prevent the pain of my past from erupting in front of them. From time to time, it still hurt to think about it. I wish my parents were still alive even if just to meet their grandchildren, even though Anakin and Padme offered to have me see them as such. They were still young enough to be considered siblings and not parents. I felt someone take my hand bringing me out of my thoughts again. I glanced at Jess as he watched me with concern.

”Are you all right, you sort of zoned out,” Jess explained causing me to frown. “Are you thinking about…”

I nodded answering his unasked question. “I’m fine, really.”

Jess had a look in his eyes that I recognized all too well. He knew I wasn’t fine. “Mom, dad this is Fress Colias, my betrothed and the mother of my children,” Jess introduced with a smile.

“Nice to meet both of you,” I held out my hand as Jess’s mother stepped forward and took me by the hands and studied me.

“I see that look often on orphans,” Mrs. Shern explained. “I’m a social worker and I know your name. I remember hearing about your case. I’m sorry about your parents. Maybe in time you can see me as such.”

“Thank you, that’s very kind of you,” I said with a smile. “Would you like to meet Brice and Mekaila?” I skirted the question for a bit. Anakin and Padme held that spot for me. I loved both of them like surrogate parents. In time I’m sure I would see Jess’s parents that way as well but the time wasn’t right.

“I would love to meet my grandchildren,” Derrick said with a bright smile. “We brought some gifts, I hope you don’t mind.”

”We don’t mind at all,” I answered with a smile. “I’m sure the children will appreciate it.”

“Please call me Anna,” Anna introduced herself with a smile. “I can’t wait to see my grandchildren.”

I sensed Brice and Mekaila’s curiosity peak about our guests causing me to smile. “All right you two, come on out and stop hiding behind the door.”

”I keep forgetting you can do that, mommy,” Mekaila said with a grin as she rushed out of her hiding spot along with Brice.

“In time, Mekaila you will be able to sense someone hiding as well,” I explained gently. “These are you’re father’s parents. Your grandparents, Anna and Derrick Shern.”

“Does that mean we get presents?” Mekaila questioned with a hopeful smile causing me to shake my head.

“Mekaila, that’s not nice,” I reminded her very quickly causing her to use a pouting frown. I knew they must’ve over heard the conversation.

”It’s all right, Fress. Yes it does,” Anna quickly answered as she kneeled down to Mekaila and Brices height and brought them into a hug. “My grandbabies.”

“Why don’t we go inside and have something cold to drink,” I invited with a smile.

“That is an excellent idea, Fress,” Derrick said with a smile as we all turned towards the dwelling that Jess and I called home for the past few years.
    ----------------
    After dinner the children were in the living room playing with their new toys. Even Brice was finally starting to act more like a curious kid, which was a relief to see peak out of him. I heard a knock at the door causing me to frown as I sensed Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex, Obi-Wan, and Padme standing outside the door. I stood up and walked to the front door and opened it. The look on Anakin’s face told me it was serious. I noticed Luke and Leia were not with them. “Where are the twins?”

”They’re spending the night with Owen and Beru tonight,” Anakin answered as he bit on his lower lip. Not a good sign at all. “May we come in? We apologize for interrupting but it’s important, there’s news from Coruscant.”

TBC in 2015
    RX_Sith, Nyota's Heart

RX_Sith likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Falcon -- loved the family introductions. I like those kinds of things: reunions and first meetings. Anna and Derrick seem a loving, warm couple. :) Great place to end it =D= Eagerly awaiting the continuation. @};-

Falcon likes this.
  5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I wonder what the bad news from Anakin is as they celebrate with their friends.

Falcon likes this.