main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Shining Light into Darkness: Caught between Worlds DDC 2016

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 4, 2016.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew, harrowing stuff dealing with those who are sick and trying to keep it from spreading. Wonder what's up with Fress? [face_worried] I don't think she got infected, but :eek:

Falcon likes this.
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    The pains of sickness from those affected, but hopefully Fress will not become sick as well.

Falcon likes this.
  3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I slowly opened my eyes and noted I was in a bacta tank. I glanced around noting Jess was in another one. Did we both get infected and not even realize it? I looked at the timer noting I still had two more minutes. I closed my eyes as pain raked my body. I hadn’t felt that kind of pain since Brice and Mekaila were born. Was I having a miscarriage because of this virus? Did my temperature go up during the night? Did I infect Jess? I don’t remember much from when I passed out on the couch. More pain raked across my lower back. I wanted to cry out in frustration as I felt Jess’s panic through the Force as the timer dinged indicating my treatment had come to an end. I swam to the top as two medics waited to assist me.
    -----------------
    It was quick and over before with the medics even realized what was going on. My blood test came back positive for being pregnant and the bacteria infection got to the fetus. I wasn’t too far along yet. I didn’t know yet and the hormones didn’t have a chance to kick in. I glanced beside the bed at Jess as he reached for my hand as I took his into mine. “I’m sorry Jess.”

“It’s okay, we can always try again. Besides, we didn’t know until now,” Jess said with a saddened expression. “How are you feeling?”

“Better but sad,” I answered honestly as we intertwined our fingers together. I felt empty all of a sudden. Even though we had two children that needed us, it was sad that we lost the fetus even though he was only a couple of weeks old. “I don’t remember much about last night.”

“You passed out on the couch and was dead to the world. I made something to eat and felt nauseated right away, I rechecked your temperature and noted it was a low-grade fever. I checked mine and it had gone up as well. I immediately called the medward to let them know we were in need of assistance and I asked the cleaning crew to go in and disinfect everything. Anakin was alerted and from my impression, pacing in the waiting room.”

“Not surprising,” I said with a sigh. “I love you and I’m sorry, I didn’t know until…”

“It’s not your fault, sweetheart. I love you,” Jess whispered back reassuringly as the medic walked in.

“It appears the bacteria infection has cleared your systems, we would like to keep you over night for observations,” the medic spoke as he looked at his file. “I’m sorry to inform you of the miscarriage. Are you up for a visitor?”

I nodded as the medic walked back out of the room and Anakin entered a minute later. I looked at him as he stepped towards the bed. He was dressed in protective gear. I knew we were in quarantine as he reached for my hand. “I’m sorry. The child was seven weeks. old”

I looked at Jess as he raised an eyebrow. I only had been back with Jess for two weeks. Tahiri and Dooku didn’t, did they? “Are you serious?”

Anakin gave a confirmation nod as I leaned back in my bed. Maybe it was for the best that I had the miscarriage. I refuse to carry a child that belonged to Dooku. I closed my eyes as I felt guilt rush through me but heard Jess reassure me that he wasn’t mad. How can he be? I wasn’t in control of my body at that point. I didn’t make the choice to sleep with Dooku. Tahiri did.
    ---------------
    RX_Sith WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, DaenaBenjen42

RX_Sith likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What a roller coaster of events and revelations!!! =D= A mixed blessing indeed. :eek: Glad they can truly move ahead untainted by that whole thing with Dooku from before. [face_relieved]

Falcon likes this.
  5. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A strange way to find out that Dooku is pure evil in taking advantage of Fress. But, at least her illness got rid of his wicked plan.

Falcon and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Thanks :) I struggled as to whether or not to write this chapter or how it would turn out. I found a balance between two scenes I wanted to write.

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I opened my eyes noting it was still night out. Something had awoken me but I wasn’t sure what. Jess and I were being held for the next couple of days to be on the safe side. And Anakin told us the cleaning crew had been in our apartment sterilizing the place so we didn’t accidentally get re-infected. They were testing our blood for antibodies in hopes of making a vaccine. Anakin had reported there were less cases being reported in. I hope that was a good sign, but we still had a long way to go in cleaning up the mess.

It seemed the incubation period was one to three days, we were hoping everyone has heard about the boil water advisory and the amount of cases should start to drop soon. The only thing I could think of was the first day we were here working on digging out people was when Jess and I came into contact with it. When we came across the first case at the wreckage site, I remember standing over the man when he coughed. That must’ve been when I came into contact with it. He did spit up blood at the same time. What were the chances some of that blood landed on my clothing or my skin and I didn’t realize it?

I gave a heavy sigh as Jess moved his head but settled into a deeper sleep. What I couldn’t understand was what woke me.

“Mom?” I heard a male voice whisper causing me to look over at a Force ghost figure of a young teen. I sat up in bed and studied him, he looked like me but with Dooku’s features. Whether I liked to admit it or not, he was still my son that I lost earlier that day.

“Why does dad hate you so much?” The boy asked causing me to grimace. “Grandpa explained it was an accident that you miscarried me. That you didn’t know…”

“I didn’t know I was pregnant, it takes up to two months from conception before the hormones kick in, I wasn’t in control of my body at the time of conception and didn’t know until I miscarried,” I answered honestly. Why not tell him I was an unwillingly victim, but I didn’t think I could do that to him. He was innocent in all of this in the end. “When you say grandpa, who are you referring too?”

“Myka Colias,” The boy answered causing me to take in a sharp breath as I looked around the room and spotted my father watching us. If I tried to blame Dooku it would make the boy upset in all of this. I was just thankful my father had his memories in the afterlife and kept my son from getting the wrong impression from his father. Which I noted Dooku decided not to make an appearance, which was good because there were a few choice names I would’ve called him. “I need a name.”

“A name,” I muttered under my breath. I had no clue what to call him and hadn’t thought too much on it since I was in the middle of fighting off a deadly bacteria. “How about Micah Colias?” I questioned with a small smile. This is my revenge against Dooku. Why let the boy carry his father’s last name. This would be a considered a kick in the teeth to him. “How does that sound to you?”

Myka smiled and nodded as the boy gave a smile. “I like it. I don’t want dad’s last name. Grandpa told me what really happened or tried to explain you were an unwillingly participant.”

“I wasn’t in control of my body. Dooku had pushed my spirit out of my body allowing another to inhabit it and took advantage of me,” I gave a small grin. The boy had my intelligence. The apple didn’t fall too far from the tree. “You have a half brother and half sister, Mekaila and Brice Shern,” I nodded to Jess whose head turned to the side and he smirked at me. Was he awake or sleep smirking? I had no clue, but since his eyes were still closed I’m guessing he’s still asleep. “That’s my husband, Jess Shern. Dad,” I turned my attention to Myka who turned his attention to me. “Watch over him and make sure Dooku doesn’t influence him.”

“I’ll do my best, sweetheart. The kid has your intelligence, Dooku maybe smart,” Myka pointed out with a smile. “He’s a bright kid just like you were. Your mother and I have been watching over you and the family. We’re very proud of you. We love you, Fress. Just remember we’ll be with you always.”

“I miss you and mom,” I said with a saddened smile. “I was so young when it happened.”

“I know, sweetheart,” Myka agreed with a saddened smile. “Don’t worry. We’ll watch Micah for you. We’re teaching him everything he has to know. He understands why he died so young. Dooku isn’t being too co-operative and is irked that Micah is taking your side in all of this. That’s what making him angry.”

I placed a hand over my stomach as reality set in. I miscarried and I thought I didn’t care. I did care. He came looking for a first name and I gave him one. “I love you, son and I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, mom. It’s not your fault,” Micah reassured me with a smile. “I love you. I’ll be with you.”

“And my spirit will be with you,” I said with a warm smile as Micah and Myka disappeared leaving me alone with my thoughts again. Tears silently slid down my cheeks as I realized I was missing out on something. Micah would’ve been like me more than Dooku. I lay down on the bed and turned on my side and curled up as more tears streamed down my face. Jess and I could always try again, but for now, I was grieving for the loss of my child.

I felt someone climb into bed with me as I smelled Jess’s scent. He wrapped his arms around me holding me. He didn’t say a word. He knew I was in pain emotionally from everything that happened. I was grateful for his understanding.

--------------------
    RX_Sith, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, DaenaBenjen42

RX_Sith likes this.
  8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Very sad circumstances but at least her miscarriage brings the resolution of a lost child.

Falcon likes this.