main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Simpler Wish - Dear Diary Entry - updated 5/2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Awww, Tikkie - they would absolutely adore you!

Another heartwarming/breaking chapter, Vadey! It was bittersweet to see Tikkie traveling down memory lane and wondering at all the unanswered questions she has in her life. :_| At least she's known some good people - at this point, I'll take whatever I can get!!!

Beautiful! You really have created a wonderful OC, you know? That seems to be a special talent of yours!

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh poor little Tikkie. Surrounded by males at the cusp of puberty...that's not going to be pleasant.

How wonderful she has a little statue from the Temple. At least she has something to bring her a bit of comfort.

The closing line of whether her parents would like her or not just broke my heart.

:_| :_| :_| :_|.

Wonderful updates

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely the description of the torku crane, rescuing it before a diary is what I would do.

4. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Aw! [face_love] But so sad! :_|

I adore how you write her; how she pretends her parents would care for her. [face_worried] It's so beautiful and sad.

=D= An awesome update!

5. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Awww Tikkie yes your real parents would love you [face_love]!!

Gosh VaderLVR64 you're just killing me over here :(.

6. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Aw, this is cute--and sad at the same time!

Great job.

7. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
  8. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Aw, poor Tikkie! :_| One line in the first entry hit really hard, just wanting to grow up. Love hearing of her memories, how she's doing her best to remember the good times. She really is following that old adage of live each day like its your last. So sad, and yet inspiring.

=D=

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    VA_Parky Thank you! :) That's a huge compliment.

KELIA She's a pretty resilient little kid. :p

earlybird-obi-wan Tikkie's got her priorities. :D

Chilla I want to adopt her. [face_shhh]

randomangel22 Sorry. ;)

Laine_Snowtrekker Sort of like Tikkie herself.

David_Skywalker01 She's tough, though.

Jedi_Tigris She's the foundling that really spoke to me, so doing her diary has been rewarding.

[b]Entry #4[/b]

I haven?t written in my journal for a while. We had to move again. I?m not surprised. It?s getting harder and harder to find planets that don?t have an [i]Imperial Presence[/i]. That?s how I think of it when I hear those words. It?s a thing now, an enemy.

We?ve been here a few months now and things are okay. It isn?t as nice as the farm, but we?ve been in a lot worse.

I might as well admit here that I did something I wasn?t supposed to. I listened in on Kal and Myrsa talking. I guess since Kal has known me since I was just a baby (pretty close anyway) he can?t stop thinking that I?m still a little kid.

I think I?ve grown up when he wasn?t looking.

Anyway, I listened to them talking. It?s funny what people will say when they don?t think anyone?s listening. That?s usually how you find out the most interesting stuff, which is a shame really, since you have to do something bad to hear it.

We?ve all heard of Vader, of course. If you have a pulse and have been conscious for the last decade or so, you?ve heard of Lord Vader.

He?s been in my nightmares once or twice, because even more than Palpatine, he?s sort of the face of the Empire in a way, the face of the enemy that killed us.

Which brings me to Anakin Skywalker, which may not seem like the same topic at all. But it is. And that?s what Kal and Myrsa were talking about.

They?ve known for a while now that Vader used to be Anakin Skywalker. I thought Skywalker had died during the Purge, like almost everyone else.

Anakin was one of us.

He was [i]one of us. [/i]

Anakin ? Vader- led the attack on the Temple that killed so many of us and yet that was where he had grown up.

I tried to imagine taking a saber and killing Kal and Myrsa and Uunter and Ayva and all the rest of them.

But I can?t imagine it.

Not ever.

No matter what.

But I don?t think Anakin every imagined that he would do that either. I didn?t know him, I was too young. But we still tell the stories about him, about Kenobi and Skywalker. Looking back, I remember that Kal stopped telling the stories a few years ago. Now I know why.

For a while, Kal used those stories to make us remember what the Order had been. He was old enough to remember what it had been like, to be a part of something that big. He was a small part, but he could still remember. Sort of. Sometimes I think that memories aren?t exactly true, that they are the way we [i]wish[/i] things had been.

So the heroes we?ve looked up to, trying to remember a better time, they?re gone.

Kenobi is dead and Anakin? Well, Anakin is worse than dead.

What happened to Anakin?

Could it happen to Kal? To Uunter?

To me?

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Tikkie don't go to the dark side. It is worse than death. Great update.

11. VA_Parky

Aug 10, 2005
    Goodness gracious, poor Tikkie. What a horrible question to have to ask at such a young age. :( :_| She's been through so much already and now to find out the truth about Anakin - someone she remembered as a hero. Whew! That's got to be a lot to take in!

Another awesome update! The fall-out from this revelation ought to be quite interesting indeed. [face_thinking] I hope Tikkie doesn't start doubting herself. She needs to stay strong!

Great job, Vadey! Thanks for the PM!

12. randomangel22

Feb 11, 2006
    OMG I can't imagine that at such a young age I'd have to endure such trauma and then question if I was capable of going to the Dark Side :eek:.

Excellent job =D=!!

13. David_Skywalker01

Nov 30, 2006
    :eek: I'm in shock. That was an incredible update. :eek:

14. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Might be a bit short, but an incredible update! :eek: You manage to capture so intense emotions in a few sentences and always leave me a bit sadder than before. :eek: Just wow! =D= *bows to you*

*glares* She's mine. My own, my precious....
    Wait, wrong movie. :p

PS: You're giving me plot bunnies. I've never before thought about writing in the Saga era, now I am.... Shame on me. :p

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Those poor younglings!!

:_| :_| :_|

How very tragic they were clinging to stories of Anakin to remember the very thing he destroyed.

And now poor Tikkie thinks it could happent to one of them.

:_| :_|

I hope she will come to realize it won't

Wonderful update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan I don't think we have to worry about Darth Tikkie! :p

VA_ParkyShe's young and resilient. As this next post will show. [face_laugh]

randomangel22 Luckily, Tikkie IS still a child in many ways. :)

David_Skywalker01 Thank you! :D

Chilla Write in the Saga. You don't know the power of the Saga side.... [face_devil]

KELIA She's got more important problems on her mind just now... [face_whistling]

[b]Entry #5[/b]

Myrsa tells me that I must be patient. I?m tired of being patient.

Why is it that all the things we most want require the most patience? It seems very unfair.

Anyway, that?s easy for her to day, her tunics don?t fall straight from her neck to her hips like mine do. Soon I?ll be 12 years old and I still look like a boy.

Every morning I wake up hoping for some small hint of a chest and so far ? NOTHING.

Maybe I?m defective.

That?s possible I suppose. I have no idea of my genetic background. What if I come from a long line of freakishly skinny women who totally lack any hint of a bosom?

I?ll die of the shame.

Anyway, on a brighter note, I?ve decided that I love the word ?bosom.? It has a old-fashioned feel to it, I think. Certainly much nicer than the word I?ve heard Kal and the other boys use when they think no girls are around.

Oh well, I haven?t quite given up hope. Myrsa told me she was thirteen before any hint of curves arrived. But I sincerely hope I don?t have to wait THAT long.

This planet seems nice enough, the people are friendly ? to a point. Luckily, we?ve all gotten old enough now that we don?t look like a group of unaccompanied children when we travel. Every year we draw less and less attention and that can only be good.

So far, the Empire hasn?t put in much of an appearance here. Kal says that?s because the people don?t have any wealth to speak of, and I suppose he?s right in that. We keep up-to-date on the news as much as we can. Kal and Myrsa and Uunter are always listening in the marketplace, which is the best place to get [i]accurate[/i] news, according to Kal. He says the holonews is a bunch of propaganda. I had to look that word up, but now that I know what it means, I think he?s right.

There are always rumors about the Jedi, of course, and the Empire. Those rumors seem to go hand-in-hand. In every space port, we hear about one more terrible thing the Empire has done. And every now and then, we?ll hear about how some Jedi has gotten caught ? and killed - by the Empire. It seems that Vader has taken a very special interest in tracking down his former brothers and sisters.

I feel sad when I hear about a Jedi being hunted down. But somehow, those rumors don?t feel connected to [i]me[/i]. Yes, I know in my mind that I was [i]supposed[/i] to be a Jedi. But I never really [i]was[/i] one, so it all seems sort of detached to me. Every year, the Temple seems to get more and more distance. It hardly feels like it has anything to do with [i]me[/i] anymore.

I don?t think that Kal and Myrsa share that feeling. In fact, I?m pretty sure they don?t. Kal still thinks he?s gonna see the Order rise up again. He thinks they?re going to be bigger and stronger than ever.

I think if there ever is another Jedi Order, they ought to worry about being smarter rather than bigger. Let?s face it, the Order didn?t see Palpatine coming. Or Vader for that matter.

Those two came up from behind them, even right in the middle of them, and defeated the Order that had lasted for thousands of years. So much for their Force and what it allows them to see.

Kal is living in a dream. None of us really knew the true Jedi Order, we were too young. Kal [i]thinks[/i] he remembers, but the image he?s got in his mind is based on memories that are faulty and the legends he?s picked up on the way.

It?s different for Myrsa, I think. She?s a little older, maybe just enough to remember some of what it was [i]really[/i] like. Once she told me that she remembered seeing a memorial service for

17. randomangel22

Feb 11, 2006
    I think the list Tikkie made was perfect :_|.

Poor Tikkie seems like she's caught between her friends who want to be Jedi and then she doesn't want to be a Jedi [face_worried].

Excellent job =D=!!

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    perfect update Tikkie growing up and that list. Let her have a nice pet, they can bring so much comfort

19. David_Skywalker01

Nov 30, 2006
    Once again another great update and thanks for the PM!.

20. VA_Parky

Aug 10, 2005
    Awww, Tikkie - that list made perfect sense to me, hon! :(

Wonderful job yet again! I love how she's growing up with each and every post. It's also interesting how the younglings are remembering things differently based on their ages / past experiences / etc. I hope that doesn't lead to conflict down the road. This group needs to stick together as best they can.

A beautiful update. Tikkie is wonderful - I hope she can find some sort of peace. It's clear how badly she wants a home. *sniffle*

Bravo!

21. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Maybe I?m defective.

Oh the horrors of awaiting puberty. :p

It makes it so much more heartbreaking that she doesn't have someone she can confide in.

It's also nice to see Tikkie thinking about something besides everything she's lost and wondering if she'll have a future.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Sorry that it took me so long to reply but I?ve read these now and I love it, it?s great to know more about Tikkie. Her emotions are so real, I think that the way she feels about her ?real? family is something everyone feels at times, no matter if they live with their ?real? family or not. It?s sad but true. And Entry 4 broke my heart, it?s never easy to loose faith in someone that have been such a big part of your life, even if you don?t know them, like your idol or just someone really. And then the girl thoughts, see, even youngling are feel the same way as everyone else.

23. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_worried] *sniffs* Poor Tikkie! She's so cute!!! [:D] I wish I could hug her.

And it's so touching to read how she wonders when she'll show her first curves - something so natural and innocent. Well, to be honest I've always hated mine and they showed up at first when I was 11, I think. Guess Tikkie's will show up fast enough. :p

Beautiful chapter! [face_love] =D=

24. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I'm still here, reading and enjoying.
    Don't be worried by my lack of comments, I suck at commentig (read this for proof).

I just hope Vader sees it like Tikkie, if he thinks Jedi has something to do with her...[face_worried]

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    randomangel22 For her, being a Jedi is a very abstract concept. She doesn't really remember life in the Temple, just life on the run. :(

earlybird-obi-wan They sure can! :D

David_Skywalker01 Thank YOU for reading! [:D]

VA_Parky They all have very different perspectives on the Jedi.

KELIA Oh yes! I wouldn't want to go through all of that again for ANYTHING!

Star_Angel Thank you so much for reading! :D

Chilla It seems that ALL girls worry about it, one way or the other. :p

MsLanna No feedback necessary! :D

[b]Entry #6[/b]

Kal asked me once what the Force felt like to me. I didn?t have an answer then. I didn?t have the words I needed to describe it. But I think I can now.

To me, the Force is a warm ocean. It wants to carry me to places that I know will probably excite me, and sometimes they will frighten me. But the sea is big, too big for me. So I just step into it for a moment, letting my feet get wet or dangle my fingers in its waters. I get a feel for it but I don?t jump in. It?s just too much.

The Force is everything. And beside it, I feel like nothing.

I bring it up because of this.

There?s an older woman (she must be at least thirty) who owns a small food stand in the market. She?s always giving us extra treats, throwing in an extra piece of fruit or whatever she happens to have.

She doesn?t ask questions, which is sort of surprising. She?s taken a particular liking to Keona.

A while back, I started calling any sort of Force ability in anyone ?the shine.? It seemed like a pretty good description to me, and safer than calling it the Force anyway.

This woman, Magdah, has it. Just a little bit anyway, a tiny glimmer of shine. It wouldn?t have been enough to get her identified by the Temple, but it?s probably kept her out of some bad situations in her life. She has what most people would call ?good instincts.? We know it?s the Force, but that doesn?t matter.

She?s a widow, her husband died in an Imperial attack on her home planet. Magdah doesn?t speak badly about the Empire, in fact, she doesn?t speak much of them at all. It?s what she [i]doesn?t[/i] say that lets me know what she?s really feeling.

It?s odd to feel the shine from someone I don?t live with. It?s very rare, even more so now that the Empire has been wiping out the ones they can find. We use our skills so rarely that it?s harder to get a hold on them now. It?s like it slips through my fingers. I try, I feel it, and then it?s gone.

I don?t care.

Sometimes, I want to tell Magdah who we are. But I never do. That?s the most important rule we have. Never tell. Anyone. Anywhere.

That?s what keeps us alive.

So far.

Kal says I can get a bird. Maybe. If it?s one that can be safely released if we have to move on in a hurry. Meaning if the Empire shows up.

I?ve got to think about it.

I?m not sure if it?s worth it, getting a pet, only to have to let it go. Maybe I should just be happy with the little torku crane and quit complaining.

As for the bosom?so far nothing.

How disappointing. Though it does make that genetic anomaly more likely, don?t you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.