main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Song of Ice and Fire TV

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by RevantheJediMaster, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    This has probably already been posted but I could not find it on this forum. HBO has acquired the rights to turn this fantastic fantasy series into a tv series. Each book will take up its own season. See here for the details: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117957532.html?categoryid=1236&cs=1&p=0

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
  3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

It's needs to be said, so I'm going to say it. PG parental guidance, or xxx-rated?

4. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    It's made by HBO, it can be as dirty as they find fit.

5. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    We don't need to see the exact details of all of Tyrion and Shae's nights, and I would prefer not to see a full flaying illustrated, but apart from that, HBO can and should show everything else that the books portrayed. Definitely an M-rating worthy project, I'd say.

Anyway, I'm really excited about this. In the eight or ten years from now when this finally comes to screen, I think that we'll see excellently conceptualized acting and dialogue, and probably some great scenery. The big grinding battles will probably be carried through off-screen, but we can't ask for everything, I suppose.

6. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    As it becomes easier and cheaper to do computer related stuff, I don't see why we can't have the big battles.

7. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    If after twenty-two episodes they could only manage to illustrate a few seconds of one single battle for Rome, their flagship series of first quarter 07, I'm not expecting HBO to shine too brightly in the battles of ASoIaF.

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I was not refering to Tyrion's escapades. He's at best only a third of the filth source. There's a hardly a battle in four books; be interesting to see what dramatic liberty the network takes. We won't be watching an hour of conversations, lordling this, sweetling that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.