main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A Star Wars Comic (fan-made)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Feb 7, 2017.

1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I love how quiet this issue was. Basically just a meditation on what makes something "alive."

Voltron64 and my kind of scum like this.
  2. smisk

smisk Jedi Master star 2

Feb 16, 2015
    Can't believe I'm just seeing this! Only read the first two, but this is great.

3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Voltron64, darthcaedus1138 and Vthuil like this.
  4. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    The final issue for this year is out, and man it is good!

https://www.astarwarscomic.com/comics/star-wars-comic-12-hope/

This one is probably my favourite of the "A Star Wars Comic" issues that we've had so far, with issue #9, the one with Vader on Korriban/Morraband being a close second. A very, very close third is the first issue with Two-Tubes on Jedha. Those are my top three, but I really liked the rest as well. Also, this last issue has my favourite Rey story too outside of the movies - not that we've had that many to begin with, but this one blows the Forces of Destiny and the Rey stuff from the IDW comics out of the water! I think that LFL should, if not canonize this story, then at least canonize Trelo the Ithorian. A wonderful character.

I thoroughly enjoyed this fan project in 2017, and the good news is that we'll be getting more in 2018. In case the creative team behind this is reading this thread, I want to say thank you for brining quality Star Wars content. I'd like to see you work on something official for LFL.

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Just playing catch up. Excellent and engaging stories thus far. Fantastic art with excellent endings and stingers. Fandom never ceases to impress with their talents.

Back to reading.

Yes, I agree LFL needs to make these folks official.

JediBatman and spicer like this.
  6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, these guys are fantastic.

7. ObsKenobs

ObsKenobs Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2016
    Hey, All. My name is Jim. I'm the writer of A Star Wars Comic. Alex (the artist) and I have kept an eye on this thread all year and we want to say thank you for all the kind words and the few necessary criticisms. We appreciate it. I didn't want to spoil the chance of valid critiques which is why I never responded or commented. Big thanks to Spicer for starting and maintaining this thread and keeping us in TFN users thoughts. We're about three scripts into the new year with preliminary art about to start for issue #13. I hope to see this thread popping up on our feed next year too.

Thank you all,

Jim

P.S - #MakeTreloCanon

8. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Hey Jim, welcome to the TFN boards! Looking forward to the new comics, keep 'em coming. And again, thank you and to Alex for the great work!

9. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    A wonderful story on its own, and as a Carrie Fisher tribute....beautiful.

10. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Thank you, Jim. It's been an absolute pleasure to follow your comic this past year. Looking forward to many more installments.

JediBatman likes this.
  11. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Issue #13 just out, featuring Plo Koon!
    https://www.astarwarscomic.com/comics/star-wars-comic-13-allies/

Loved it! As someone that's not fond of Filoni's Clone Wars, I thought that this was a fantastic TCW story! There is a small cameo from Commander Wolffe too. Also, the art & colouring is great as usual. I liked the Tibetan & Mongolian aesthetics for Bresssh (or are the architectural influences in the comic inspired from different real world cultures?).

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I don't even like Plo Koon and I still thought that was awesome!

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    MAN THAT SURE IS A GREAT DEPICTION OF THE JEDI AS THEY SHOULD BE

14. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Wow, so...

Plo is the freaking Avatar. [face_hypnotized]

15. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Plo Koon comic? Could the writers be trying to get the attention of a certain Dave Filoni? ;)

spicer likes this.
  16. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    This is pretty darn amazing. They're all very interesting stories but it's fascinating how well told they are too. Well done guys!

17. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    That was beautiful. Koon is almost always written consistently even in fan fiction.

Senpezeco likes this.
  18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I think it's the format as much as anything, but this is honestly the coolest I've found Plo Koon ever.

19. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    This kinda fulfills my dream of a Jedi comic in the style and format of "Tales of the Green Lantern Corps"

20. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I like that we don't see the villager's reaction at the end, leaving it up to us to decide whether they ultimately decided to go Republic or Separatist

vncredleader and spicer like this.
  21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I loved that Plo Koon issue. Best Star Wars comic since Dark Horse lost the license and nice to see Jedi acting like Jedi.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  22. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    As a lover of comics and stories, this is truly amazing. The characters, story, and art really gets you hooked! I'll keep on reading this on my spare times. Thanks for sharing!

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, I've pretty much hated him in everything because I'm a terrible person. But here he acted like what I always wanted the Jedi to be. The last line was the best part.

24. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
  25. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014