main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A Star Wars Comic (fan-made)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Feb 7, 2017.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    BRILLIANT! This is one of the best stories set in the ST Era so far.

2. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    This was good I hoped we'd see her unmasked

spicer likes this.
  3. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Interesting mix of characters teased here...

4. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Sounds neat!

ASWC’s content is so solid, across the board, that I have no problem with them taking their time between comics.

5. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    It's taking them longer than usual this time, but I'm willing to wait as long as necesarry for a good comic. They've yet to dissapoint.

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  6. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
  7. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I think that blonde guy is based on the early McQuarrie concept art for Luke.

8. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    That Mortis mural. [face_love]

9. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    I think it shoulda been an original mural of the ones of mortis and not just a copy of the lothal one

10. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I loved this issue.

spicer likes this.
  11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Nice to see Jedha before it got all looted and blown up.

12. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Another hit! They did a better job with Qui-Gon here than Marvel did in their Age of Republic issue (which was also good).

I've said it before that ASWC should be hired by Marvel or IDW, but I fear that a big publisher may restrict their creativity... These guys turn out comics that are much better than your average or even slightly above average "official" SW comic - maybe the fact that they are indipendent is the ingridient to their success?

13. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I thought this would have been posted by now, but #19, the next comic (set for release circa May 25), will be their last:

14. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    D'aw, bummer. But really, I can't feel anything but grateful for what they've created and shared with us. An impressive amount of lore referenced, impressive quality, and impressively -consistent- quality. ASWC is a real achievement, especially for such a small team. I've enjoyed their series more than many of the DH and Marvel comics I've read and I'll definitely return to it for rereads in the future.

We may still have more written content to look forward to after ASWC has concluded:

(If you haven't read the prose pieces posted on their site, I encourage you to do so -- there are Qui-Gon, Kylo Ren, and Luke shorts.)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  15. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    This is sad indeed :( ASWC was one of my favorite Star Wars elements in the past few years.

In my previous post I said that maybe MARVEL and/or IDW shouldn't hire ASWC so as to not compromise their vision. Now it seems that hiring them may be the only way to get more creative content from the team.

16. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    I think them abrubly cancelling is a hint that they did get hired but then again from how Charles soule talks marvel/ Lucasfilm wants u to be an established novelist Author before ever trusting ya with Star Wars so I dunno. then again it seems on the rare case both dc and marvel will accept pitches from people who are atleast someone who they've heard of. dc got that one chick from the whole gamer gate thing writing a series for vertigo so maybe the big two don't care as much as it seems depending on how good the pitch is .

17. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    They're talking very emotionally about the comic ending; if they'd been hired for their dream job they wouldn't be talking in that way. And yes, Lucasfilm, Marvel, and most other companies only hire established professionals. Delilah S. Dawson has done Twitter threads about how one goes about getting hired for various IPs, and writing fan comics, regardless of how well-received there are, isn't usually the way. It'd be nice if they were given a shot, but I don't see it being very likely, and it's certainly not happened yet judging by the tone of their goodbyes.

18. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    the guy from JL8 got hired from his web comic so it does happen but yeah its very very rare. but yeah

19. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    It's a shame they don't hold out until after Episode IX gets released. I could see them coming up with a very solid entry to serve as wrapup both to the saga films and to their own comic.

20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Did they give a reason why they're stopping? A cursory look isn't finding one.