main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Star Wars Comics #1 - "Two Tubes" Fan-Comic

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ObsKenobs, Jan 25, 2017.

1. ObsKenobs

ObsKenobs Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2016
    Hey All,

My buddy and I just released A Star Wars Comic #1 today. It's an online web-comic that will be coming out on the 25th of every month. It's basically an anthology series that examines the characters, themes, and ideas we find fascinating about Star Wars.

You can check it out here:

https://astarwarscomic.com/comics/two-tubes-issue-one/

Let us know what you think and thank you for reading!

2. Henrik Petersson

Henrik Petersson Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2017
    Near-perfect artwork. Tiny things seem a little "off" at some points; one concrete thing I can think about is that the heads of the Stormtroopers are a tad too small in the first pages of the comics. Perhaps a little extra studying of human anatomy will give you that extra edge that takes you from very-good-fan-art level to professional level. However, things that you have gotten down to a T include: The pacing, choice of angles (as in the angle the reader views the things from), the level of "zooming" (I really need to start to learn the right terms here), the coloring, conveying of emotions through body language and the speech bubbles.

The story wasn't exactly mind-blowing - not much happened, after all - but still had a nice tension and was interesting until the end. It felt like a small chapter of a much larger story, which it worked very good as, and I kind of get the feeling that was your intention, so I don't really feel I can complain here.

I would love for you to keep posting your stuff. Also, I have a question - do you come up with the story yourself, or is it based on some backstory you've read somewhere?

3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    =D= Fantastic artwork and sense of place; I liked the idea of the Force drenching the setting, without knowing much about the planet. :)

4. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    That was great! The art was wonderful and it was structured very well!! Kudos!!!

5. ObsKenobs

ObsKenobs Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2016
    Thanks for the kind words.

We come up with all of the stories ourselves, usually inspired by some character, theme, or place within the Star Wars universe.

A new one came out last month which you can check out here: https://astarwarscomic.com/comics/star-wars-comic-2-lady-chandrila/

There will also be a new one every month on 25th, along with blog posts that come out every Friday.

You can follow us on twitter @astarwarscomic or like us on facebook for quicker updates. Again, thank you guys for giving it a shot!

pronker likes this.