main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Star Wars retake on the 7 samuri planning thread.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tellesto, Jan 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    February 1st is our deadline to begin the actual story, right?

I think the planet should be relatively small and seemingly unimportant (a la Endor, Naboo, and Tatooine; who could predict their overall impact on the galaxy?), but with maybe a few large cities, sorta like Mos Eisley, Mos Espa, and Anchorhead on Tatooine. But how important is the village to the planet, that the Sith would sacrifice the bandits and, eventually, themselves against Jedi for?

This is great! I'm hoping our story won't wind up competing with the one Womprat is doing solo, however.

2. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    what story?
    also this is a very small forest planet that harvest bacta.
    the sith's reasons for wanting it is
    something that we should perhaps talk about in e-mail since we want to create a story that has a few suprises.here is the premise or plotline for the story if you will
    -------------------------------------
    the bandits and smugglers come to this planet and just crash on it. the bacta harvesters or farmers see the horrible things happening to there world so they gather and send out for jedi the peace keepers of the galaxy.
    they find 7 jedi knights, none have confidence in the force and they need credits and a place to eat.
    soon however they realise the true importance of the force and come up against the geruldion riders(a creature of similarity to a brontosaurus but much smaller,about horse size)
    the riders are really sith who have their own agenda in wanting to conqure this planet and some day...the republic.
    the saber master
    the madman
    the kind old veteran lady
    the sarcastic monster
    the wanna be
    the padawan learner who is still a kid
    and the brave and inspireing leader all must band together and have faith once again in the force to stop the sith/riders and the smugglers from terorizing this small planet.
    ---------------------------------------
    how does that sound for the plot line?
    lemme know if thats the baisic blunt for us to folow.
    when we start the story soon in the first week of feb/we can create more time of you guys need it/ I want you to e-mail me in concerning the story once we start it to discuss what will happen to the characters.
    we dont want the kind people of the force.net to know everything to this story.

3. Bullwinkle

Dec 14, 1999

[This message has been edited by Bullwinkle (edited 01-31-2000).]

4. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Setnashrikarik: Not that it's really important, since most of the time we'll just call him Karik, But he's Togorian, which means it's growled out as one long throat-killing word. Karik is just the shortened version for Human use. If you want to separate it out into first and last names for fatherly talks and such, Set would act as a first and Karik as a last.

5. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    any one seen that great movie a bug's life?
    well that is how we want to do our story.
    not the same story line or anything but that is a good example of how they made a seven samurai inspired movie that was totaly original.
    bug's life is baised on the 7 samurai actualy.
    and if you watch it it is very funny to how similar yet amazingly original that is.
    a friend told me today after telling him our story that it was awesome and that we are doing a good jobe because we remain to have the 7 samurai as our original inspiration but it is a self contained story as well.
    plus the fact that it is in the horribly cool star wars universe shows just how wacky (in a good way) this story is!!!
    are you guys as satisfyed as I am?
    also I will put the hedgehog jedi on tomorow but then well have to call him by his name...not hedgehog jedi. LOL.
    ok! lemme know what you think so far everybody!!! and that includes non writers on this story but the readers.
    let us hear from you!!!

6. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    Radon Tulsk was a Dagaron from an unknown planet in the outer rim.
    At the age of 6 he was sent from his planet as considered a threat due to his extreme power in the force.
    Arriving at corocaunt he became an apprentice and eventually a padawan.
    His master was Plo Koon who commanded him in the Jedi army.
    He was considered a dangerous threat due to the fact that he came from the outer rim and that he had a rather unusual gift that runs through his species.
    He is virtually covered from head to toe with a rather spiky looking fur.
    The only visible feature on him in fact is his mouth and eyes!
    But due to the nature of his species being extremely sensitive in the force his hair grows into large and deadly spikes once there is a disturbance in the force.
    Seeing his potential to be deadly the Jedi placed him in a rather harsh area of the galaxy sending him on the worst missions under the worst conditions.
    Once he went to the planet nabbo only to meet Queen Amidala along with several other Jedi knights.
    He found her to be strangely strong around the force even though she was not a force user.
    He even forced this matter into master Yoda?s hands explaining that she would one day have a large impact on the galaxy.
    He was however placed back into the Jedi army and his prophecy was expelled.
    In his times he told the republic of his species.
    A great and powerful race that lived on a planet with no land at all.
    Covered in nothing but water and full of misty sky?s his race would develop there astounding technology.
    Even though his species is extremely strong they build elaborate armor and gadgetry for themselves.
    Most looks like spiky devils with black thin sharp armor that has glowing lights strung among it.
    They also build gigantic ships that sense many things throughout the great mist that surrounds their planet.
    The republic after hearing of this extremely advanced species feared the worst.
    But he assured them that they are a peace loving species and they would never hurt anybody. He was quite sad at times due to the fact that the Jedi never took action in their crusades to help as many people as they could.
    They even steeped back and let the republic do the work.
    Growing weary but anxious he found the legendary Jedi Delude Ord who viewed the same opinions as him but who also thought of the force as mere trickery.
    Following a brave but downtrodden Ithiorian they set out for their own peace from violence and of course some credits to get by on.
    Personality: kind but often cynical due to the fact that he thinks people only take his strength seriously and not his mind.
    He is very self-sacrificing and can stand the harsh lavas of Sulust all due to his spiky hair and he is often testing his powers to their limit since he grew up away from his home planet.
    Always looking at things in a joking matter due to people never taking him seriously.
    He is very disappointed in the Jedi and there claims that they help all creatures in the galaxy.

7. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    in case you are wondering this is the pourcupine jedi.
    now that makes 7 right?

8. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    well we have all 7 jedi the two sith and the people who go to get the jedi.
    great job because the main characters are all done!!
    i moved the date for us to begin writing to whenever we get all of the stuff done.
    we just need to get the details for this planet as well as the smugglers worked out.
    thats great!!!

9. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    well we are gonna begin writing soon now that all of the eliments are in place.
    ROLE CALL!!!
    is every one here?

10. Bullwinkle

Dec 14, 1999
    Are we going to outline the plot, soon?

Oh, and...

Bullwinke, present!

11. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    yes we are.
    and of course...TELLESTO PRESENT!!!

12. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Present and accounted for!

13. Evil_Sith

Evil_Sith Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2000
    Hey guys. This looks cool. (Sorry, I haven't replied lately because I have been busy. I started a fan fic. here and I have been very busy with that.) This sounds like it will be a cool story.

14. Evil_Sith

Evil_Sith Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm here! Right over here. And I'm ready to right the story!!!! woo hoo!! This is gonna be fun, fun, fun!!!!!

15. Sergej Eisenstein

Sergej Eisenstein Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 1999
    S.E. standing by.

16. Sergej Eisenstein

Dec 1, 1999
    I believe it would be good if the storyline would take place a long, long time before TPM, before the great Sith War, where they all died except for Darth Bane...

That way, we're not limited by the fact that there can only be two Sith at one time...sure, we need only two Sith, but I believe that after Darth Bane the Sith would only be interested in getting their hands on one planet if it would enable them to conquer the entire galaxy.

17. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    What do you guys...other writers and fans think?
    should it be like a year before menace or several like really before.
    I can see the story either way.

18. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Really before I think. Like 200 years or more, preferably.

19. Bullwinkle

Dec 14, 1999
  20. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    ok guys.
    I am not mad but I need peoples opinions on the time line (my felow writers) before we can begin basic plot development.
    I am not sure yet about it so I want your imput.

21. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Sorry, I'm out of town and out of touch till after monday. I still say about 200 yeasr pre-TPM.

22. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    No prob.
    You already stated your opinions but I apreciate your clarifycation.
    have a good time!!

23. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    100 baby!!!
    yeah!
    this is a proud moment for me!
    of course when the actual story reaches 100 I'll write a gala thank you post or something.
    woo hoo!!

24. Sergej Eisenstein

Dec 1, 1999
    Hey people,

haven't heard anything from anyone in a while, but I'm still up for this.

I'm working on an idea on the smugglers; who they are, why they crash on our planet, and how they are manipulated by the Sith into taking control of the village. It fits with everything that has been suggested up until now about the plot. Give me till friday.

I agree with whoever said our planet should be a little like Endor, but less primitive; and apart from forests, I think there should also be much agriculture, like crops and cornfields, and of course the Llaamah, the hypnotic flowers that are famous throughout the galaxy, but that are now "all but extinct", except for on our planet...Also, like Tellesto suggested, the healing Bacta water is good.

(All this has to do with the smugglers and why the Sith are using them for their evil purposes; you'll see it on Friday.)

25. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sergej Eisenstein:
    Hey people,

haven't heard anything from anyone in a while, but I'm still up for this.

I'm working on an idea on the smugglers; who they are, why they crash on our planet, and how they are manipulated by the Sith into taking control of the village. It fits with everything that has been suggested up until now about the plot. Give me till friday.

I agree with whoever said our planet should be a little like Endor, but less primitive; and apart from forests, I think there should also be much agriculture, like crops and cornfields, and of course the Llaamah, the hypnotic flowers that are famous throughout the galaxy, but that are now "all but extinct", except for on our planet...Also, like Tellesto suggested, the healing Bacta water is good.

(All this has to do with the smugglers and why the Sith are using them for their evil purposes; you'll see it on Friday.)

Time to avenge this story.
    Ok, so I want to know if all my writers are still interested in doing what we had going on here.
    It sounded awesome and we only needed to do a few more minor things.

Those where,
    Get the basic plot line.
    Decide the time era.
    and...
    Get an idea for the planet.

Ok?
    I also have a few rules that should keep our writing a little less then spectacular(not insulting any ones skill, this is just for the story).

1. We won't plan to heavily and let some of the plot flesh itself out as it goes along.
    2. this is an original story, but the basic frame is 7 samurai.

I'll have more, cya all later!

Tellesto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.