main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Still, Small Voice - A poem for the disenfranchised (Timeframe - VP) 9/26 Illustrations

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tahi, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    I didn't see this the first time around.

Uh, I'm going to do what I usually do as a response to your poems here, and make no specific comments about it, because I know that if I tried to sit down and give a complete reply, one that can partly appreciate the richness of your writing, I would end up doing nothing else for the next three days, and I can't afford that long of a break from the real world.

All I can say is that it's beautiful. I love it.

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hey there, [b[CrazyRodian[/b].

Thanks again for the feedback - always much appreciated. :) I'm just glad you enjoyed it. Words are such fun to play around with - which is why I like poetry. One has more scope in poems than in prose. ;)

Yup - the real world IS demanding. I would be nice to escape for a few days . . . But then in my case I'd ome back to piles of washing and people braying for food. LOL

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thanks so much for nominating this poem in the latest awards round. :) Very sweet of you.

4. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    You know I love poetry, can't write a lick of it though. I'm always grateful when awards time comes around because then I see the poems I missed through the noms process. As always your poetic voice is lovely and lyrical. Nominations well deserved here.

through mauve stipple and rose stripe
    of countless dawns, the tiny plant clung

I don't know why by that was my favorite part.

5. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    And we will hear
    no trumpet call
    to mourn its passing,
    only a still, small voice
    on gossamer solar winds
    crying into the infinite void:

Save us we are . . .

This is a brilliant stanza-plus of poetry. Absolutely brilliant.

I guess I should say something here: I always say that your poems just blow me away, shock me to no end. It's not that I'm surprised you're a good writer--on the contrary, I've always considered you the most talented writer I've read on the boards--it's that I never thought of the Star Wars universe as conducive to poetry. I've never been able to write a poem about something in the GFFA, because I've never looked at it as more than a silly make-believe world. So when I read a poem like this one, which is deep and true and beautiful and sad all at the same time, I am humbled. I mean, technically, you are a wonderful writer, but what pushes me over the edge is that you are so keenly aware of the depth behind things in the GFFA.

So bravo, and I hope that this poem wins in the awards, because it deserves it. Too bad all your poems can't win simultaneously.

6. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    TKL
    Hi there and thanks for reading. Glad you enjoy poetry. :) A lot of people don't - which always makes me sad as I think it's such a rich form of communication. Poetry and song are, after all, the preferred medium of the ancients.

Glad also that that dawn image struck you as noteworthy. It's great to get feedback like that. The imagery is very important to me. :)

CrazyRodian
    Shush, shush - danger of head swelling! LOL Seriously - that's very kind of you. Don't quite know what to say - except thanks. :)

It is true that my dad was really into admiring and preserving nature. He used to make 8mm movies of local flora and fauna, and I used to get dragged along to help. I still have the films - and they're surprisingly good. I guess the movies WERE his way of preserving things. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.